PDA

View Full Version : This game is such a downgrade like holy crap.

COME-ON-TARS
09-05-2019, 07:11 PM
I really am flabbergasted how bad it is.

1. Graphics make me want to whipe the hypothetical vaseline off my monitor.
2. Draw distance is horrible.
3. pop in rendering horrible.
4.menus ui is so confusing and bad
5. go back to wildlands, its so smooth and clean looking. Graphics are way better and you seamlessly play however style you want to.
6.The hub world makes Anthem feel like game of the generation.
7. It just looks so uggo.
8. I understand making the game more animation/immersive heavy, but you move so sluggish it's just not fun to play. Wildlands was so snappy and seamless with everything.
9. Picking a mission doesn't seem to ever really put it on the map. Like wtf is going on.
10. Shooting enemies isn't satifying, feels like you are shooting empty balloons.
11. Like everything just looks so gross, greasy, and blocky that isn't 5 feet within your character, wildlands you could snipe a dude 700 miles away and it looked good.

Toxic Mooks
09-05-2019, 07:39 PM
It seems the graphics are a problem for people across the board, Iím hoping they can polish them off for the final release, I think my biggest concern is the overall player animation seems stiff and quirky which myself and many others have complained about also I wish they hadnít taken the division route with enemy scaling

KonaTC
09-05-2019, 07:44 PM
I agree with the OP, this is such a downgrade from Wildlands. I thought this was suppose to be Wildlands 2, its not, this game so far is just BAD. I have loved every Ghost Recon game, this should have the Tom Clancy logo removed, because its not to the standard one expects.

UltravikingNOR
09-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Totally agree. We all know the weapon list menu is something people complained about, but this is just a pure downgrade.
Some say that Breakpoint is more free than Wildlands and that is pure ******** because this game world of locked by gear level. in wildlands higher difficulty zones were tougher enemies by amount of enemies and that made it more strategic instead of bullet sponges.

Specter676
09-05-2019, 07:51 PM
<sigh> I can't even get on the thing because of some server error. It sure looked like a Wildlands 2 game to me. That was a fantastic game. All I am reading here is that this one pretty much inhales around long cylindrical objects. If that is the case then .......

bloody_Dusty
09-05-2019, 08:07 PM

5. go back to wildlands, its so smooth and clean looking. Graphics are way better and you seamlessly play however style you want to.
8. I understand making the game more animation/immersive heavy, but you move so sluggish it's just not fun to play. Wildlands was so snappy and seamless with everything.
9. Picking a mission doesn't seem to ever really put it on the map. Like wtf is going on.
10. Shooting enemies isn't satifying, feels like you are shooting empty balloons.
11. Like everything just looks so gross, greasy, and blocky that isn't 5 feet within your character, wildlands you could snipe a dude 700 miles away and it looked good.

Jesus, I thought I was the only one. But my experience is pretty much the same, even with a rather beastly PC (I would call it that). Maybe some of the performance issues might get fixed but the game feels not snappy or good. I know why they went for a "slugish" and heavy way of animations ... sure. But it feels not good. It feels NOT slow paced (what they were going for and what would be awesome!). It feels sluggish. There is a huge difference in it.

The Gunplay is another problem for me. The gunplay in Wildlands was terrible and the worst part of the game. But instead of improving it and bringing a bit more to the table, they rehash the exact same feel and lackluster sounds and animations when it comes to gunplay. Here shooting (in a shooting game) is not fun. It was not fun in Wildlands but here it is the same. It is beyond my imagination who green lighted this. It is a terrible experience and that I was kicked by uplay because of server problems (or whatever), is a wonderful thing IN AN ALWAYS ONLINE GAME. Wow,. fantastic first look I got there.

And honestly: I don't see much of an improvement over the last OTT (which was better than the first one). But what changed? Oo

Reb0rn_now
09-05-2019, 08:14 PM
totally agree. game is very bad!!!
they even cant draw good pictures in loading screens!!!
cheap console port.

Shootist187
09-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Spend some money lol, looks brilliant 1440p crisp as feck

bloody_Dusty
09-05-2019, 08:49 PM
Spend some money lol, looks brilliant 1440p crisp as feck

You should wear some glasses, I guess. I play it on Ultra in 1440p and it still looks not crisp or sharp. (see my post).

igrvks
09-05-2019, 08:49 PM
Playing around with Temporal Injection, Resolution Scaling, Sharpening Intensity and Motion Blur seemed to wipe some of that grease off my screen, but I definitely know what you are talking about. It's like they have applied some kind of weird Instagram filter, I first thought I was playing on a lower resolution.

bloody_Dusty
09-05-2019, 08:52 PM
Playing around with Temporal Injection, Resolution Scaling, Sharpening Intensity and Motion Blur seemed to wipe some of that grease off my screen, but I definitely know what you are talking about. It's like they have applied some kind of weird Instagram filter, I first thought I was playing on a lower resolution.

Thanks for bringing this up. Once the friggin' servers are up again, I will try a bit testing. But I am worried that I have to experiment with visuals to get them SHARP O_o

Smiley_ie
09-05-2019, 09:12 PM
Very Blurry @ 1440 ultra/ V high what ever AA there using its the S**t one.

Seeknd
09-05-2019, 09:15 PM
hm i like the game ....dont know why you all dislike it

astf17
09-05-2019, 09:24 PM
I've got it on the PS4, shame to say compared to Wildlands this is a massive step back both graphically and the way the menu systems work.

I'm hoping the disclaimer at the start saying it's not representative of the final release is true.

Just loaded Wildlands up to compare it and it looks and feels like Wildlands came after breakpoint. Was it even the same team that worked on it? Feels more like the division and i hated that game

Meeirdin.uk
09-05-2019, 09:26 PM
I cannot carry on trying to play the game, I've requested a refund. Sad Sad Sad...I wanted this to be great.

S.

kdamage
09-05-2019, 09:46 PM
At 4K ultra this game looks pretty good. Definitely a little more performant than Wildlands at the same settings. ~60 FPS on a 2080ti vs ~50 FPS.

There are things they got right like functional camo.

UltravikingNOR
09-05-2019, 09:49 PM
https://imgur.com/mnBLown

Breaks immersion

KillaAkuma
09-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Ps4 pro on a 4K LG 55Ē this game looks like garbage, movement is sluggish, menu is glitchy, itís needs some serious work. Itís buggy as hell driving a vehicle the trucks glitch all over the road, gun play is terrible. This game isnít ready. Take the time listen to the criticism and make some changes please.

caresoul
09-05-2019, 10:27 PM
part agreeing with OP
menu is fine , i gave it some time and after playing 2 alpha's im getting used to it
graphics sucks , im playing on a 1080TI with everthing on ultra ,, resolution 1080 ,,, maybe this still have to be polished
the movement is ****ty , when i stop pressing the forward key , my caracter stops at the other-side of the map ,

FifftyGunz
09-05-2019, 10:29 PM
I game on Xbox and is defiantly a down grade from Wildlands! Op hit it dead on! The RPG system is garbage. Now its just the division. Can't even understand the menu system. Breaks immersion. So bad. Don't ever feel like using sync drone or collecting flowers and the rest of the RPG style game play. By the time I do all that Im bored. SP with no a AI is totally hit and run hit and run type gaming. No good fire fights at all. I pray by launch they inject life somehow into this game. Doubt it, But I pray so.

Zdenka70
09-06-2019, 06:17 AM
when i stop pressing the forward key , my caracter stops at the other-side of the map ,

this is a real problem, when i move to an NPC (prisoner) to free him, its hard to click him

Hoak
09-06-2019, 07:44 AM
A game so good it's easily worth...a hundred... Seconds of my time...

S.U.B.X.E.R.O
09-06-2019, 08:00 AM

jesus its a beta! wildlands plays well as its been getting polished for 2 years. i think everything you said is totally wrong it feels so good the mechanics are excellent, the graphics could do with a sharpening option, try to remember that wildland story mode also is not as good graphically like pvp is so have some optimism

DutchMercenary-
09-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Lol wtf are you talking about I play on 1440p ultra and the game looks like trash

Nandiman
09-06-2019, 08:46 AM

You have exploration mode turned on. You are supposed to follow the clues given to you to find your target. The game even points this out to you and tells you to turn it off if you prefer the old school approach. AC Odyssey has the same feature.

S.U.B.X.E.R.O
09-06-2019, 08:51 AM
DutchMercenary-
you just contradicted your self, have you even tried playing around with the settings? and when you say 1440 ultra is trash is this graphically or fps or both...be more specific and someone could help you out

Tau_Assassin
09-06-2019, 09:03 AM
I honestly have enjoyed the graphics quality so far (Playing 4k-60 nearly maxed out settings).There is certiainly weird pop in from time to time and what not but well I can look past it and hope it gets worked out. However for me personally the big issue is the draw distance. I love to snipe and well now being limited to 300-350m in game is a huge downgrade. Pushing 600-700 in the last game was acceptable but this is just sad. I feel like it was done for preformance reasons but ....man it's brutal to be stuck using i.e. a .338 rifle at a measly 300m as opposed to it's roughly 1000-1500m irl potential. Would at least have appreciated the option to to get the range potential for a performance hit.

DutchMercenary-
09-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Fps is between 50/70 fps but the game looks so blurry even with motion blur off and no option for taa I tried every setting but I can't get rid of the blurry filter it's a beta but only 1 month away from release and I know because of the past released games the game isn't gonna look better on release even wildlands looks 10 times better
So no buy for me sry for my bad english

Patriolo66
09-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Why?!
Why and how did you F this up?
I meen... just look at the graphics and the TERRIBLE movement of the character... it looks like he/she has made a dodo in his/her pants while walking/running

Nah... sorry Ubisoft but someone should be fired for letting THIS be the next Ghost recon
I know its just a Beta but i dont see how you can fix this F-up
Seriously thinking about cancelling my preorder

S.U.B.X.E.R.O
09-06-2019, 09:23 AM
DutchMercenary-
try turning off temportal injector, what gpu you got? i can screen shot my setting for you to try, mine is not blury , also you need to kick in your syinc by going from fullscreen to window and back to fullscreen i found anyway to using gsyinc but its not optimised 100% yet

FEARtheMooseUK
09-06-2019, 09:31 AM
if its a console first game, then it would explain why it doesnt look great on PC. On console its only gotta run smooth at 1080p and 30fps as that all the current consoles can handle 100% reliably. [and most people playing console are just using a TV, not a gaming monitor. Not that that is any excuse on ubisofts part tho.......

Also movement is god awful, gear levelling is complete BS, and gun play feels completely forgettable - very unsatisfying. Very disappointed.

Protos_88
09-06-2019, 09:37 AM
l play on ps4pro, the graphics are tragic, the popup of 3m objects in front of the character destroys the immersion And this is the worst. Give us the opportunity to choose 1080 and increase the visibility of the area. I haven't seen such a tragedy on ps4 pro yet.

Bodhran39
09-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Mate I am totally with you on everything you have said.

This title for me has lost its feel, if you know what I mean, it simply doesn't feel like Ghost Recon. I love Wildlands, its so much better I agree it feels so much snappier and immersive, I just love the whole feel to it. I think what you said about the AI on BreakPoint "it feels like your shooting empty balloons" Yes I totally get it 100% on the money, In Wildlands when you took a shoot you could hear the whistle of the round and then the thud on impact it really makes a HUGE difference.

I was so hyped for BreakPoint I really was, my 3 sons and I were so excited by this new release, sadly though we will not be getting this game, well I think we will wait to see if they fix all the issues and maybe when the price drops maybe I'll pick it up in a years time.

Bodhran39
09-06-2019, 12:03 PM
I think its because we all had high hopes for it mate.

I just prefer Wildlands to be honest I was hoping BreakPoint would of been amazing, it looked good, but after playing this Beta I am so disappointed. I suppose everyone has their own views but I for one will not be paying full price for this one

COME-ON-TARS
09-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Yeah I play 1440 on a 144hz monitor. 1080 ti. The game looks like ****. Like stuff up close is okay, but anything medium distance looks so garbage. Sniping is broken because it doesn't feel like anything is rendered 200 meters from you. Flying around ona helicopter and just watch trees change a million times as you approach it. Wildlands has the advantage of close, medium, and far everything looks so clean.

Another thing, this games gameplay loop is not nearly as fun.

wildlands you would drone, survey, cut power, sync shot. or do it HOWEVER YOU WANT.

im sure the ability of doing the same thing is there, but there is zero incentive to do it, because they made it so gd easy. And even if it weren't easy, I just find myself just slowly walking around killing people. It's just so boring the way it plays.

And to the people saying it's a beta, the game is the EXACT same as I was during the closed technical tests. When have you ever played a game that changed drastically a month from release?

maybe the game will be improved a year or 2 from release, seems to be ubi's MO.

Protos_88
09-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Draw distance on ps4 pro is rly baddd.... i cant watch on my 55 oled lg. looks like joke..

ianjong
09-06-2019, 07:59 PM
I have same setup and the game is appalling. The graphics are shocking, letís alone the glitches, AI, lag, etc