PDA

View Full Version : nothing has changed game is DOA

propain48
09-05-2019, 05:13 PM
First I played the technical test and there was a lot that needed improvement which i understand since its such an early stage of the game. So i added my feedback along with all the others i saw on the forums adding theirs. Here we are in the beta and I got invited again to try it out so i logged on this morning to see what has changed. I can tell you now that literally not a single thing has. Movement animations are still horrible. Character customization is absolutely horrendous 100 times worse than wildlands, overall game play feels clunky. Also cant really explore a lot of the zones because you need a certain "gearscore" and if you try to go into one of those higher gearscore zones you get crushed in seconds if you try to fight something even on the easiest difficult.

The list can go on but all of these topics and more were brought up as feedback from the technical test. Feel sorry for anyone who thinks Ubisoft listens to feedback because all of this just proves that they don't. Seen a lot of posts of people saying they use to be excited for the game but after what they are seeing has killed it for them and that's sad to say. Myself and others tried to do our part with feedback from the technical test but it was all for nothing maybe one day companies would learn to listen to their community.

FOZ4321
09-05-2019, 05:59 PM
I do feel your pain somewhat.

I played the OTT and was hugely disappointed with it, i felt that everything that had made Wildlands great was missing from this game. Ultimately i felt like i was playing a new division game.

Now i have the BETA...... and its very similar to the OTT, i still feel like I'm playing the division.

It's so confusing,

Sales for Wildlands were great, sales for the division 2 were not....

So why Ubi have taken away the feel of wildlands and given us a division feel is beggars belief.

Hopefully things get fixed, but between now and release date i doubt it very much.

SteveKronn
09-05-2019, 06:34 PM
There is talent in the company but the way they develop games is so bad. I wish they could just let creative people from the company just go as they want. Game written by business man will never work good.

SOLO_06_GIXXER
09-05-2019, 06:58 PM
This may be in wrong thread but I know that this maintenance every 5-10 min for 10 min at a time is getting to the point it isnít even fun playing cause when we get loaded in the game and then 5 min later you guys are doing increments of 10 min worth of maintenance I havenít had not one bit of problems so wth is this maintenance every 10 min about Ubisoft can you say something let us know why

Shootist187
09-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Question and im not trying for conflict here,
Why do you think its bad not to be able to get into a area because of gear score?
Its just like any other engine, too low level for a area isnt it, yes they called it gear score but its just the same. You cant go into any game and expect it all to be open when you start, there has to be some difficulty level so it doesnt matter what its called its just you are not able to play that area because you would be killed instantly, If the whole map was open then there would be no progression. I could name lots of games that do the same.

Bangtail
09-05-2019, 07:05 PM
Pre order cancelled, Uplay+ cancelled.

I already have The Division and The Division 2 (The Division 2 is a poor excuse for a sequel to the original).

'You can't enter certain areas without a specific gear score' is a bridge too far for me.

They really need to stop with this ARPG lite bullsh!t that they are trying to inject into every title.

Wildlands was great, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Weam-Dreaver
09-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Its just like any other engine, too low level for a area isnt it, yes they called it gear score but its just the same. You cant go into any game and expect it all to be open when you start, there has to be some difficulty level so it doesnt matter what its called its just you are not able to play that area because you would be killed instantly, If the whole map was open then there would be no progression. I could name lots of games that do the same.

And who cares about other games?

In Wildlands you could go anywhere. It's called freedom. You could choose your next move. Every move was a step in the progress to the final mission. Perfectly fine. No need for artificial difficulty levels.

TreFacTor
09-05-2019, 07:43 PM
I do feel your pain somewhat.

I played the OTT and was hugely disappointed with it, i felt that everything that had made Wildlands great was missing from this game. Ultimately i felt like i was playing a new division game.

Now i have the BETA...... and its very similar to the OTT, i still feel like I'm playing the division.

It's so confusing,

Sales for Wildlands were great, sales for the division 2 were not....

So why Ubi have taken away the feel of wildlands and given us a division feel is beggars belief.

Hopefully things get fixed, but between now and release date i doubt it very much.

That's because you are playing the division. Everything from the ugly female characters to the clothes is from that game design.

AeonJean
09-05-2019, 07:53 PM
I haven't run into the gear score issue. I did reach the 150 gear score area by the downed chopper. Stealth and headshots it was pretty easy. Yes, I died instantly if I was found, but it felt fair. Is there a later area you physically can't enter?

Shootist187
09-05-2019, 08:05 PM
And who cares about other games?

Thats a very narrow view.
You obviously just dont like this game but you dont care about others so really your left with nothing.
As stated above, the option to attack high level is there, the option to heli around the map is there, still not understanding your point too well however if its not your mix then you have choices, If you pre-ordered then maybe dont in the future to make sure what your buying is what you want, as far as I can see ubisoft have done exactly what they said they would do, they have at no point at all said this was going to be the same as Wildlands.
I think the game is great and I wasnt expecting Wildlands simply because its not called Wildlands 2.

Bangtail
09-05-2019, 08:19 PM
Yah, it is called 'Ghost Recon' though, which implies certain things.

It was not marketed as 'The Division 2.5' yet that's exactly what it feels like.

I don't get what the attraction of emptying magazines into enemies is, I don't understand why anyone thinks that there is any skill involved in that type of gameplay.

The one thing you are right about is that if we don't like it, we don't have to buy it :)

se7enX89X
09-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Do people not realize the only reason this game exists is to sell loot crates and micro dlc to fill Ubisoft's pockets? Glad I wont be buying this garbage. Another failure from Ubisoft. I also don't have high hopes for Watch Dogs 3.

caresoul
09-05-2019, 10:30 PM
there are some changes ,, i played both alpha's
missions are easier to find and we have waypoints
but beside other very small details they need a lot to polish
movent sucks
graphic sucks
higher level enemy's can be one shotted in the head so thats fine

SBRSIX
09-06-2019, 01:59 AM
"listen to their community"

They should be doing this from the very start. They should have strategically placed focus group segments throughout the development cycle leading to the OTT and Beta stage. You don't develop everything then ask for opinions 2 months before launch where it's impossible to implement any of them in time. Nothing the business office says, thinks or mandates matters if no-one buys the title anymore because of it.

I have played every title since Ghost Recon 1, Windows PC 2001.