PDA

View Full Version : Jörmungander

tylerrackley16
09-04-2019, 12:21 PM
I am truly wondering if they will do anything about the Gander. I understand that he is a stamina beast but I feel like hammer slam and/or the punches need to be adjusted I think. I know a side dodge might alleviate my issues. I just feel like you shouldn’t be a Nuisance when all they do is push 2 buttons. I don’t know, I’m far from a master at the game so I’m interested to see what some real ballers have to say.

Siegfried-Z
09-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Imo he needs both buff and nerf. Just like Hito.

Buff : Increase his range/aoe so that it doesnt feel like he has to be close enough to kiss his opponent if he want to hit him.

Nerf : Remoove the Enhanced property on light opener. It may not be an issue on PC but on console it really feels like YOU HAVE to parry all his light if you want to keep your stam and 500ms parry are not a consistent thing unless the Jormun is a very bad player Always doing the same thing.
I would also nerf his 3rd feats, it should not wallspalt imo cuz it sometimes guaranteed the bash and then the slam plus a shield (OP alert).

Then i would reduce either the hammer slam dmg by 5 and the shield from feat 2 by 10.

It would oblige him to work a bit more with his heavy and would not makes him able to heal 10hp back so easly.
His Slam dmg/shield would be less OP, cuz lets be honest in his current state, 50dmg plus a 50hp shield if i'm right is absurd.

In another hand the buff on his AOE/range woukd makes him a better group fighter.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-04-2019, 01:10 PM
I don't use him but I fight him. Jorge is fine and by that I mean I can kill him fairly easily....with the exception of his shield feat... Which needs a Nerf. I don't know if he himself needs a buff or a Nerf only that 1v1 with no feats he seems easy to beat.

Knight_Raime
09-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Asthetically he's very nice and it's why I enjoy playing him. But really besides the feel of him the only thing mechanically about his kit that I enjoy is the neutral bash. As it's not a good bash on it's own like other neutral bashes typically are. But it's useful in a more creative sense of stuffing mix ups or as a punish tool after a dodge.

That's kinda it though. His current kit design is almost as bad as some year 1 hero's designs. Like BP can get flak for his bugged LBL combo and hito can get flak for her early HA and over tuned mix up. but at least both have more solid designs on paper compared to Jorge.

MessirePhilippe
09-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Imo he needs both buff and nerf. Just like Hito.

Buff : Increase his range/aoe so that it doesnt feel like he has to be close enough to kiss his opponent if he want to hit him.

Nerf : Remoove the Enhanced property on light opener. It may not be an issue on PC but on console it really feels like YOU HAVE to parry all his light if you want to keep your stam and 500ms parry are not a consistent thing unless the Jormun is a very bad player Always doing the same thing.
I would also nerf his 3rd feats, it should not wallspalt imo cuz it sometimes guaranteed the bash and then the slam plus a shield (OP alert).

Then i would reduce either the hammer slam dmg by 5 and the shield from feat 2 by 10.

It would oblige him to work a bit more with his heavy and would not makes him able to heal 10hp back so easly.
His Slam dmg/shield would be less OP, cuz lets be honest in his current state, 50dmg plus a 50hp shield if i'm right is absurd.

In another hand the buff on his AOE/range woukd makes him a better group fighter.

I like these ideas of change personally

Vakris_One
09-04-2019, 05:54 PM
I would like to see Jormungadr's kit actually finished as he feels like he launched with only half of his actual kit. Besides that he needs to be updated to the modern game in the sense that he needs to have a viable offense at higher levels and not be 100% reliant on being a turtle straight out of Year 1 of For Honor. Furthermore his identity of "stamina bully" itself is problematic in the current For Honor because the entire stamina mechanics system needs an overhaul in order to create a space where stamina bullies can exist in a healthy way for the game and not just be characters that you simply cannot press buttons against because the stamina mechanics are archaic.

Titanodragon
09-05-2019, 11:25 PM
Please Nerf his autistic grandpa screams please.....

AmonDarkGod
09-05-2019, 11:40 PM
Please Nerf his autistic grandpa screams please.....

He is worse than Tiandi rn lol

V1vson
09-05-2019, 11:51 PM
With this year this game becomes a place for 1 button spammers with no brain, 60% of old heroes are totally sux. Even such good heroes like Highlander becomes a piece of ugly ****, just becouse every spamming new heavy class can do it better than assassins. Orochi? Rofl, no need, HK and Jormungandr could make it much better with other options.

Why should I play interesting classes, when I can spam like imbecile with Vortiger, Lawbro, Jormunscreamer or Raider?

The main concept of this game is lost, seems forever. Very sad.

p.s. sorry for mistakes.

LostDarknight
09-06-2019, 04:50 PM
Ubisoft stop adding these crap new heroes---- Hitohiri and Jormungar...Hito still need some lookin into it....but nooooo you slap another **** inside this game.Been in a game against 2 hitos and 2 Jorms...well that match went sour fast...needed alt f4 before I would throw another keyboard into the wall

Vakris_One
09-06-2019, 07:13 PM
Ubisoft stop adding these crap new heroes---- Hitohiri and Jormungar...Hito still need some lookin into it....but nooooo you slap another **** inside this game.Been in a game against 2 hitos and 2 Jorms...well that match went sour fast...needed alt f4 before I would throw another keyboard into the wall
Is there ever a time where you aren't destroying your keyboard or otherwise raging furiously while playing For Honor?

LostDarknight
09-06-2019, 09:24 PM
NO.This game bring out my rage,players spam ,ledging wherever can pe possible.Just now some player wanted to ledge me so hard like his life depended on it that he died in process,but his buddy ganker succeeded with a bash.So they were both happy,together they succed to ledge me.And to top that up,they typed EZ!..******-Realy some players are the worst ever.For Honor?Rename it to FOR NO HONOR or make an expansion named Year of a ledger kings!

Titanodragon
09-07-2019, 02:54 AM
I'm glad the new characters are really in depth and take full advantage of what this game offers. I mean who would of thought adding a one button hero and a hero that screams and does the same combo repeatedly would be this good.......... Must be the launch of this game and they are working out the links still.....

Tunatun
09-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Here is a little tips
dash or even better parry his openers. as soon as possible attack and keep attacking. dodge and repeat
have either dodgy heroes, bashing, full blockers or mid-to-long range heroes. If he cant come, he wont bash
use any move possible, even it's cancerous. Remember you are playing against a GOD-of-one-button-smash.
dont play Close-Range Heroes(esp CRH who dont have easy dodge,bash or full-block) or those who rely on HA