PDA

View Full Version : Uplay+ NOT FREE?

RvoltPt
09-03-2019, 09:37 PM
I was looking forward to try uplay+ just to find out you need to give Ubisoft all info/data about your self and bank details.and seems you even get charged in some cases:S?

no credit card or other info ? NO FREE ?

is it really free if i give you all my data xD ?

Sounds like uplay creating another " fail " internet getho just like origin acess. and using the word free to call in people to give them all your infos and maybe rip us a couple euros xD. ITS NOT FREE if i have to give you more then just my uplay account Login details!!!!!!

but thats my view…

Im not giving you my bank details for something that could well be given to us for this month for FREE without all the hassles.

anyways im tired and dissapointed at you guys again like alot of us i supose and will keep not supporting this kinda of practises.

Best of lucks to you Ubisoft. and expecialy you all that subbed to uplay+, really hope you dont get many issues.

chemsoldier79
09-03-2019, 09:51 PM
I agree with everything you said. I even got an email to try this for free! And here Iam going to a screen to type in credit card info, and the screen literally has a 1.00 slashed through it and say 0.00. Still didn't work. wants to charge me, you guessed it, 1.00! I even read through all the really tiny fine print and nowhere does it says about charging a dollar. False advertising

lord_bearen
09-03-2019, 10:00 PM
its what all online subscriptions is, they charge 1$ or similar to see if the card is valid or active, its even written where you press submit. Its only a reservation, not an actual charge, they will be release to you again at some point, but that is up to your bank.

chemsoldier79
09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
Also what happened to people getting invites for this and automatically accepted after the E3 announcement? I was one of these people, and here Iam no Uplay+ access. Just lie after lie from ubisoft

RvoltPt
09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
"its what all online subscriptions is, they charge 1$ or similar to see if the card is valid or active, its even written where you press submit. Its only a reservation, not an actual charge, they will be release to you again at some point, but that is up to your bank. "

still not free if i have to go thru all this hassle i thouhgt i was here to test the product in the app thru and with my uplay acount. im not gona give them my account details nor have 1euro less in my account so they test they're stuff even if just for a moment… it also seems some people got charged more then just 1 euro. so im here giving thx for not going on ahead with it xD.

Still feel the need to write it all here. cause in my view this is sad marketing. ubi with all theyre millions or billions or whatever ddnt had the need for this and keep loosing players even though some of theyre games are cool. i supose thats why we all here still… complaining xD

BenchAndGames
09-03-2019, 10:14 PM
When you go to free suscription acces to netflix, amazon video or similars, you need to give you credit card info, its how all this work, here and everywhere stop crying about this. Its a paid service (15euros) only this month its free like a test service.
Ofc you need to give them credit info, because you supposed to keep with the suscription after the test, and not just cancell it.

lord_bearen
09-03-2019, 10:16 PM
If you wont give any details for purchasing anything, why do you have a life in 2019? It makes no sense.

RvoltPt
09-03-2019, 10:25 PM
ofc id need to give my info if id want to keep playing.but im not crying about it im just saying that for a free launch it doesnt seem free at all. cause alot of people are going thru hassles.. i was given alot of stuff free on other apps like steam and origin and epic games launcher got alot free.. not one time they asked me my bank account details nor pay anything… only had to have an active account… and click download xD.

But hey whatever really ;) i go get busy with with stuff that actualy matters more to me,dont want to fill in the forum with my watery tears. gl to you all and have fun.

supersonicvandy
09-03-2019, 11:17 PM
True, They lost one of them . haha that's me as their player base. Really, if it was only chargeable, why was it mentioned Free Trial? Fooling people. Such a bad Marketing. Plus I was charged in Euro's, not INR. For me its too much. 1 Euro is like 80 INR. Common man, really its too weird. Its still showing wrong Currency type, however the main FAQ on UPLAY+ states that it has been fixed. I wonder how it looks fixed. I need a refund on this. I'm still hesitant to whether go and subscribe as its concerning me that you guys will debit my account by a Euro again.:mad:

weasal2012
09-03-2019, 11:25 PM
When you go to free suscription acces to netflix, amazon video or similars, you need to give you credit card info, its how all this work, here and everywhere stop crying about this. Its a paid service (15euros) only this month its free like a test service.
Ofc you need to give them credit info, because you supposed to keep with the suscription after the test, and not just cancell it.

Then why not make it clear about it until launch day. Super sketchy and misleading.

StoI3n
09-04-2019, 12:17 AM
I got charged the full amount twice.

nemhook78
09-04-2019, 12:26 AM
It's simple really, everybody who isn't 10 knows what a subscription service is and what it entails, who in their right mind would want to give you hundreds of pounds worth of free games, without anything in return.

cancel the service without charge before the subscription starts and you won't get charged a month, people who can read normalcy to tend to read these things about the service.

it comes down to this, subscribe or don't, but don't cry about not getting freebies in life.

nzplayer
09-04-2019, 12:29 AM
classic ubisoft, still hasnt done anything AT ALL about thier fail store coding

they have been overcharging and double/triple charging people for years

worst part is, they know it and choose not to do anything about it

VBProject
09-04-2019, 10:17 AM
It's simple really, everybody who isn't 10 knows what a subscription service is and what it entails, who in their right mind would want to give you hundreds of pounds worth of free games, without anything in return.

it comes down to this, subscribe or don't, but don't cry about not getting freebies in life.
Ubisoft in their right mind are giving all those gold editions for 27 days free. Or so they claim.

When you click on uPlay+ it says the price is now is 0 (ZERO) but when you almost reach the end, the price is not zero.

I don't remember Origin Access to charge me even $1 (even 1 cent) when they gave it free for 1 week.

Dogtor-San
09-04-2019, 11:19 AM
it charged me 1euro and then told me that is "something ***ing shjt then change to my store", ok it changed, i changed, but what i got? a ton of error preventing me to get the subcription, FFS, i restart my Uplay Client, and do it again, now my debit card have no money on it so it showed
"404 PAGE NOT FOUND
Oups ! This page doesn’t exist !
Here is another thing that doesn’t exist. Except in our games…."
and my cart have "1month sub...1Euro"
*******it i am feeling so bad now. 1euro for checking my card is good, nothing to complain about it. but i was charged and nothing more happen to me
Ubisoft? can you tell me something? i've tried contact support but the support site is forcing me to log in over and over again while i logged. god wtf?????

Ubi-Swaggins
09-04-2019, 02:09 PM
Hey folks,

The charge you are seeing in your Bank is an Authorisation Hold. This will return to you as it is not a definitive charge.

Dogtor-San, if you are having trouble accessing the support website try these steps. (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025585/Browser-troubleshooting/)

TR.Riipperino2K
09-04-2019, 02:25 PM
When i chose paypal it ask me for 1 euro AND i still have to attach a creditcard which i dont even have.

Nice