PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to place a pre-order, but...

secretzrus
08-29-2019, 03:46 AM
Like the title says, I'm ready to pre-order my copy, but the thing is this; unless I get some clarification about exactly what's in the Gold and Ultimate Editions, it's going to be Standard for me. Surprises are only fun when someone else is paying for them...if I have to pay, skip the surprise and tell me exactly what I'm getting. Who are the four unique heroes in the Gold Edition? And who are the three heroes in the Jungle Pack?

You're asking for $40-$70 extra, depending on which edition and from where I buy from, so I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss what you have planned. If you can ask for money for these special editions now, you should be ready to talk about what's in them now. Some people might feel like gambling with enough money to buy another game, but not me. Fill us in on what you've got planned or I'll just stick with the $50 Standard version.

UBI-Zuzu
08-29-2019, 10:56 AM
Hey there,

all the most detailed info there's on the different editions can be found here (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000043309/Content-of-Watch-Dogs-Legion-editions-WDL/).
Unfortunately it's all I can share at the moment, I understand that it might not be the details you're looking for. I'll make sure to ask when we will be able to share more, so hopefully there will be an update for you soon!

secretzrus
08-30-2019, 02:27 AM
Thanks, but unfortunately that's information that's been readily available, yet doesn't explain what I want to know. I don't get why Ubisoft Toronto thinks it's cool and clever to be coy with specific information (spoiler; it's not), but if they want to keep secrets, I think I'll keep my money till they feel like being more open.

LegendOfGta
08-30-2019, 04:44 PM
Thanks, but unfortunately that's information that's been readily available, yet doesn't explain what I want to know. I don't get why Ubisoft Toronto thinks it's cool and clever to be coy with specific information (spoiler; it's not), but if they want to keep secrets, I think I'll keep my money till they feel like being more open.

I think we can safely assume that those characters will be unlock able within the game and not just locked to those who pre-ordered. I understand why you want that information but it would spoil the surprise. I'm going to assume they are characters from past Ubisoft games, with one being very closely similar to Aiden Pearce. Who knos though! Could very well be Marcus from WD2 but I would feel these characters would be iconic, like Ezio, Agent 17, that-guy-from-God-of-War, John Marston, Snake, etc. Names that when you hear them set off waves of nostalgia and instant realization.

secretzrus
08-31-2019, 02:31 AM
I think we can safely assume that those characters will be unlock able within the game and not just locked to those who pre-ordered. I understand why you want that information but it would spoil the surprise. I'm going to assume they are characters from past Ubisoft games, with one being very closely similar to Aiden Pearce. Who knos though! Could very well be Marcus from WD2 but I would feel these characters would be iconic, like Ezio, Agent 17, that-guy-from-God-of-War, John Marston, Snake, etc. Names that when you hear them set off waves of nostalgia and instant realization.

That's the thing, though; we can't assume anything, safely or otherwise. Watch Dogs 2 had stuff that came with the Gold and Ultimate Editions that couldn't just be unlocked in the game if you only had the Standard, so it wouldn't surprise me if this game followed suit. And like I said, I'm not looking for a surprise for an extra $40-$70, I'm looking to be able to make an informed decision. For that much money, I want to know who the characters are. The last thing the developers should want to risk is possible resentment because a customer feels their money was wasted by paying extra for characters they don't even like.

GuRuAsaki2098
09-04-2019, 01:38 AM
If I remember right, they explained this at the E3 Event, but i'm very unsure about this, since it's been a while since i've seen the Event...

RazorBlade185
09-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Although I can understand that you want some information about what you are getting but real specific details would ruin the story. If you buy a book in the bookstore or you are going to the cinema then you are not going to ask in detail what the book or movie is about either.

I would say that with regard to the extra playable characters that you get some extra missions, which gives you extra scripted playtime. How this will unfold in detail will remain secret but most likely you will get trailers later just before the release. BTW, most likely the game will be delayed anyway.

secretzrus
09-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Although I can understand that you want some information about what you are getting but real specific details would ruin the story. If you buy a book in the bookstore or you are going to the cinema then you are not going to ask in detail what the book or movie is about either.

I would say that with regard to the extra playable characters that you get some extra missions, which gives you extra scripted playtime. How this will unfold in detail will remain secret but most likely you will get trailers later just before the release. BTW, most likely the game will be delayed anyway.

Your analogy doesn't work because I'm not asking for plot info or specific story info...books and movies don't try to keep characters secret during descriptions. There's no legit reason to be secretive about the Gold and Ultimate characters other than some higher-ups are aware that people might not be pleased with who they are and are trying to get as many people to pre-order anyway. Revealing who the four unique heroes in the Gold Edition and the three heroes in the Jungle Pack don't spoil anything, they're seperate from the extra missions, according to what little info is known about the Gold and Ultimate editions. And where do you get the idea that the game will be delayed? As far as I know, no one has even hinted at that.

LegendOfGta
09-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Based on past Ubisoft WD titles, all items showcased for pre-order eventually made it to individual downloads or game unlockables. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Based on that, we can clearly infer that these pre-order will also be unlockable, so if you don't want to pre-order, you don't have to.

RazorBlade185
09-13-2019, 10:07 AM
Your analogy doesn't work because I'm not asking for plot info or specific story info...books and movies don't try to keep characters secret during descriptions. There's no legit reason to be secretive about the Gold and Ultimate characters other than some higher-ups are aware that people might not be pleased with who they are and are trying to get as many people to pre-order anyway. Revealing who the four unique heroes in the Gold Edition and the three heroes in the Jungle Pack don't spoil anything, they're seperate from the extra missions, according to what little info is known about the Gold and Ultimate editions.

You are correct that you don't have to spoil the story to reveal the 4 characters. Somehow however they probably think that people will preorder without knowing the characters. The only reason I used the movie / book analogie is that you claim you would not order a game because you don't know what you are getting for your money and that is the same with a book or movie. You pay upfront and you lose your money even when you don't like the movie or the book. This is BTW also true for any game. You have to rely on reputation of the gamemakers. I enjoyed both Watch_Dogs games so I will probably preorder but not right now.

And where do you get the idea that the game will be delayed? As far as I know, no one has even hinted at that.

That one is easy to answer. Simple statistics. Two out of two Watch_Dogs games were delayed so the chance that the third will be delayed is very likely. I always keep delays in account. Most games that I ordered in my life were delayed.

LegendOfGta
09-13-2019, 06:00 PM
Statistics aren't always reliable. For example, they can be fabricated or skewed to fit one side.

RazorBlade185
09-14-2019, 12:12 AM
Statistics aren't always reliable. For example, they can be fabricated or skewed to fit one side.Not sure how you can fabricate statistics about game delays but if you want you can simply search for the announced release dates of the Ubisoft titles and if they were delayed.

MindjackPWNS
09-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I wonder if the 4 characters we get will be permanently able to be re-found stince we will be paying an extra. I hope the characters look really cool though.

MicroC4
09-21-2019, 04:51 AM
They'll probably reset to level 1 when they die

MindjackPWNS
09-23-2019, 04:55 PM
Yeah, that makes the most sense since it would be unfortunate to lose them forever after paying extra.