PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood release date later for PC

Vey03
06-17-2010, 01:47 AM
I don't know if this has been bought up, but have a listen to what is said about the release date right at the end of this video;

http://www.gametrailers.com/vi...sassins-creed/700204 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-assassins-creed/700204)

Umm...yeah, righto. Does this mean we have to wait 6 months after everyone else has it, like we had to for AC2!?

Does anyone have any further info on this?

DJBare
06-17-2010, 02:05 AM
It's an obvious sensible move even of downright irritating for us pc users, they want to sell as many copies as possible before giving the pc pirates access to it.

DJBare
06-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Optimistically they want to make sure of a very good port giving us pc users the full quality experience, hey! I can but dream!

LCGuardian
06-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Oh no. Here we go again.

Let me praise them for at least one thing though. Better to get this out now than wait until the release date is close, a la AC2, and then tell us. I hope its only a short delay, like the two weeks between the Splinter Cell Conviction release dates on Xbox and PC. That would be tolerable (not desirable though). But to remark on it specifically in a video suggests that its going to be a long wait like AC2 (and AC1 for that matter).

At least a release this early cuts out any bull**** excuses like a bad bug or polishing, like we got fed for AC2. This is piracy prevention, pure and simple. Or, it shows that if there really isn't enough time to complete the game for all the platforms, the PC is the one to suffer. Either way, it shows the utter disregard that Ubi has for the PC at this point.

I'm not surprised, but I'm pretty damn disappointed. I'd better stop before I trip the autocensor anymore, because I'm really fuming at this point.

I'll only add one thing. If that guy was wrong about a later PC release date, I'll gladly eat humble pie and retract the above criticism. But I don't think its going to happen.

DJBare
06-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by LCGuardian:Either way, it shows the utter disregard that Ubi has for the PC at this point. Thats the problem, they can afford to show disregard, the console is mass market, the pc unfortunately is not, most people prefer the convenience of the console, even if it means they lose quality to maintain performance.

I have to say there is one good thing about consoles,I love reading about the RRoDs and YLoDs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Murcuseo
06-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Who cares, at least we still get to play it... 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, dun't matter to me!

LCGuardian
06-17-2010, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by DJBare:
Thats the problem, they can afford to show disregard, the console is mass market, the pc unfortunately is not, most people prefer the convenience of the console, even if it means they lose quality to maintain performance.

I have to say there is one good thing about consoles,I love reading about the RRoDs and YLoDs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Indeed. I'm fully aware of the fact that the small volume of sales on PC versus the consoles gives game manufacturers a full commercial reason to marginalise the PC gamer and neglect the console. However, it comes down to a simple comparison to the competition - other developers and publishers still support the PC fully, and ultimately Ubisoft's performance can be judged by the fact that some of its competitors still support the PC more fully, release products simultaneously and don't implement draconian DRM.

This is like deja vu. I can remember saying exactly the same things six months ago. Not good.

Originally posted by Robson19822009:
Who cares, at least we still get to play it... 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, dun't matter to me!

I'm not one to knock someone for optimism generally, but there's a point when it becomes blind optimism. You just reached that point. You say it as if we should be happy that we get it at all, like we should be happy with the crumbs swept off the table after everyone else gets the meal. For me, that's not good enough. Good on you if you're prepared to wait again, but for me two games is probably enough.

A wait of a couple of weeks, like Splinter Cell Conviction for example, after the release of the console ACB would be ok I guess (but not ideal). But another five month wait? I don't think I have any particular desire to do that again.

Edit: Just to be clear, since I've criticised this in the past - this isn't an entitlement mentality issue. Its more a personal preference issue - they have the right, given it is Ubisoft's IP, to do whatever they want, and I have the ability to vote with my wallet.

Dizlol
06-17-2010, 07:39 AM
If they are working on a Anti-Cheat, Ok if they are trying to tweak they're DRM, i wouldnt want this.

If they have the same delay date as PoP:TFS or SC:C I'm fine with it, but i hope it will not be like AC2.

An-Anonymous
06-17-2010, 08:11 AM
I'll pass then. I'm not planning to give Ubisoft 60 dollars and support its anti-PC policy. No, I'm not definitely going to play pirated version either. I expected them to fix silly combat mechanics, but still even when surrounded buy lots of enemies, they come one by one.

Murcuseo
06-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by LCGuardian:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:

I'm not one to knock someone for optimism generally, but there's a point when it becomes blind optimism. You just reached that point. You say it as if we should be happy that we get it at all, like we should be happy with the crumbs swept off the table after everyone else gets the meal. For me, that's not good enough. Good on you if you're prepared to wait again, but for me two games is probably enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell are you on about, I wasn't speaking on your behalf...

This is how I feel about it not how I think you should feel, if you're not happy about it that's fine but personally I don't care when I get to play the game I'm just happy I get to play it.

I'm not the 'I want it and I want it when everyone else gets it' type.

I got over that by the time I was 10.

You took one word from what I said which was 'WE' and prosumed I meant everyone... you overlooked the fact I said...

...dun't matter to me!

at the end, not...

It shouldn't matter to you!

Here's an edit just so it doesn't confuse you:

<span class="ev_code_RED">I don't care</span>, at least <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> still get to play it... 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, dun't matter to me!

Better?

LCGuardian
06-17-2010, 02:41 PM
You took one word from what I said which was 'WE' and prosumed I meant everyone... you overlooked the fact I said...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...dun't matter to me!

at the end, not...

It shouldn't matter to you!

Here's an edit just so it doesn't confuse you:

<span class="ev_code_RED">I don't care</span>, at least <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> still get to play it... 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, dun't matter to me!

Better? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like I wasn't the only one to overlook things said. Because you missed this:

Good on you if you're prepared to wait again

I really don't care particularly whether you decide to buy it or not, or whether you're happy about some long and protracted delay. But as I say, if you're happy about the situation, good for you.

I'm not the 'I want it and I want it when everyone else gets it' type.

I got over that by the time I was 10.

Neither am I particularly. I'm more the 'there are a lot of entertainment products that I would like, and if ACB doesn't meet my expectations as to product quality and timeliness then I'll shift my discretionary spending to another product' type. There's a pretty big difference.

And its not really that simple. I don't know if you lurked before you joined on this forum, but if you did you might have seen the conversations that I and others had attempting to try to get any information out of Ubisoft at all once we were deep in Q1 this year (the release window). And then, once a couple dates had been released, the agony in getting confirmation of a few simple things like an Asia Pacific release date, or whether there would still be special editions of AC2 released. If you did see those, you might understand that its not the delay that annoys me so much as the threat of a repeat of the utter neglect and disregard that Ubisoft had for the PC gamer during the delay period.

What the hell are you on about, I wasn't speaking on your behalf...

You don't need to be speaking on my behalf in order for me to make a comment (although, you're right, the 'we' suggested you were attributing your view to others). You only need to post on this forum. I, or anyone else who is a member, is fully entitled to make a comment in reply provided that it remains within the constraints of the rules on this forum. I saw a comment that was completely at odds with my view and the view that seems to predominate in this thread already (as well as the many AC2 threads on the delayed PC version that you may not have seen a few months ago). I'm going to comment on that, and I'm fully entitled to, according to the Ubisoft Terms of Use, provided I stay within the forum rules.

Murcuseo
06-17-2010, 04:36 PM
lol oh dear.

In your first response you said this...

You say it as if we should be happy that we get it at all, like we should be happy with the crumbs swept off the table after everyone else gets the meal. For me, that's not good enough.

I never said it AS IF anything. You got that idea in your head on your own.

You obviously have a tendency to take things literally, personally and to a ridiculous extent.

You obviously have quite strong opinions on the matter, as proven by your long winded response but you really don't need to jump on it like a fat kid on the last cookie.

Your metaphor made it look like I was saying something beyond what it was... and what it was, was a personal statement of not giving a crap.

That was all...

That's what I had the issue with!

Can we call it quits now, geez lol

I'll remember and put I instead of WE next time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LCGuardian
06-17-2010, 04:45 PM
lol oh dear.

In your first response you said this...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You say it as if we should be happy that we get it at all, like we should be happy with the crumbs swept off the table after everyone else gets the meal. For me, that's not good enough.

I never said it AS IF anything. You got that idea in your head on your own.

You obviously have a tendency to take things literally, personally and to a ridiculous extent.

You obviously have quite strong opinions on the matter, as proven by your long winded response but you really don't need to jump on it like a fat kid on the last cookie.

Your metaphor made it look like I was saying something beyond what it was... and what it was, was a personal statement of not giving a crap.

That was all...

That's what I had the issue with!

Can we call it quits now, geez lol

I'll remember and put I instead of WE next time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, no point in both of us getting suspended. So I agree, letting it drop is a good idea.

And I probably have my own mea culpa to say, given I'm a bit more calm now than I was last night when I read this news. Maybe a wait is survivable, but I do have things that would clash with buying and playing ACB if it is delayed too long. But I rushed to judgment about not buying ACB last night, which was stupid. The golden rule - never post when angry, because stupid things get said.

NightmareGK13
06-18-2010, 04:11 PM
at least i'l have some time to gather up some fr the codex edition like what i did for the black

small off topic
anyone knows if there is any other way of paying on play.com without using the credit card?
i don't own one and to buy the black i used my mom's xD
she won't let me buy the next one though
maybe those guys will let me pay via paypal who knows :P

Xanatos2007
06-18-2010, 10:40 PM
I thought Ubi's whole DRM nonsense was supposed to get rid of delays like this.

LCGuardian
06-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I thought Ubi's whole DRM nonsense was supposed to get rid of delays like this.

Yes, well, the DRM is a failure on pretty much every front at this point. I guess it lets you play without a disc, for what that's worth. Because I know from personal experience with Splinter Cell Conviction that the cloud saves don't work to back the game up online in all circumstances. And it doesn't stop piracy.

I'm guessing we will still be spun one of the usual excuses at some point: polishing, or a big bug. Even though they're probably not at the development stage for a big bug to arise in one platform only, and they're definitely not at the point of polishing. It would be nice if they actually admitted that the true reason for the delay was privacy prevention for once.

But you're right, its really an implicit admission from Ubi that the DRM has failed, if we assume the true reason for the AC2 delay was piracy.

Xanatos2007
06-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Why can't Eidos publish it? That'd solve all our (the customer's) problems: the AC development team keeps doing what they do best, while AC sets sail under an Eidos flag. At the end of the day the guys upstairs have no real effect on the game itself except for release dates.

But I suspect my master plan isn't going to happen anytime soon. *sigh*

Windrius
06-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Ok srsly.
Why are they delaying it for PC again..
Damn the console versions ALWAYS GET PIRATED FIRST!!!
Why don't they do something about that huh???
Srsly now I'm pi$$ed... Ubisoft are srsly so stupid that they can't make a normal DRM. It's simple... In the main exe encrypt strings and functions, create custom packer without a header.. Thats it. It'll be uncrackable for atleast half a year.
Srsly.. Ubisoft just wants to **** me off..

SWJS
06-19-2010, 12:26 AM
He didn't give any specific date, so nobody can say fure sure if it will be a 6 month delay or a two week delay, so I don't see any reason to jump the gun and accuse Ubisoft of anything just yet.

Also, there's one thing I don't get. Why doesn't anybody just play it on a console. Yes I understand people prefer it for the PC. I prefer to play on 360, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't play on PC if the need be. The reason I don't play on PC now is because my current PC is horrible, and I'm not shelling out a fortune for some high-end machine with ultra graphics. I don't have the cash, and it's noth worth it.

Still though, I'm neutral with my opinion, and I doubt it'll be such a long wait this time. I'd wait until they gave an actual date before I start to worry about it.

Windrius
06-19-2010, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
He didn't give any specific date, so nobody can say fure sure if it will be a 6 month delay or a two week delay, so I don't see any reason to jump the gun and accuse Ubisoft of anything just yet.

Also, there's one thing I don't get. Why doesn't anybody just play it on a console. Yes I understand people prefer it for the PC. I prefer to play on 360, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't play on PC if the need be. The reason I don't play on PC now is because my current PC is horrible, and I'm not shelling out a fortune for some high-end machine with ultra graphics. I don't have the cash, and it's noth worth it.

Still though, I'm neutral with my opinion, and I doubt it'll be such a long wait this time. I'd wait until they gave an actual date before I start to worry about it.

I hate consoles, because playing with a gamepad on such games as AC is just really messed up. I prefer keyboard which is much better for me.

LCGuardian
06-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Why can't Eidos publish it? That'd solve all our (the customer's) problems: the AC development team keeps doing what they do best, while AC sets sail under an Eidos flag. At the end of the day the guys upstairs have no real effect on the game itself except for release dates.

Yeah, it would be great if a publisher who treated the PC equitably got hold of AC. But unfortunately, its never going to happen. Look at how Ubisoft are hoarding and abusing the AC brand - I see that there's a new game just been announced for that little Nintendo thing. They'll hold onto it for dear life to milk it dry.

Xanatos2007
06-19-2010, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Also, there's one thing I don't get. Why doesn't anybody just play it on a console.
Because I don't have a console and don't want to get one. Reason? I don't want to buy one, let alone a TV to go with it, or clear a space for one. And if I get a TV chances are other people in the house would want to use it for one thing or another, another benefit of having a Personal Computer. And everybody (that I know) agrees that every game is better on PC than consoles.

It's also cheaper to get games for PC than consoles; for each new generation in gaming you have to buy an entirely new console, whereas with a PC you might just need to increase the RAM by another GB or so (a measly $35 compared to $350 for a console). There may also be the chance you need to get a new graphics card, but $125 is still a lot cheaper than even a 2nd hand console.

Engioc
06-19-2010, 08:20 AM

Maybe I'm out of touch with what Eidos do these days since I haven't seen a game from them since Commandos. How exactly would it help if Eidos were publishing it?

**Edit
In my experience all the big companies are much the same. EA, Ubisoft, Acitivision, Eidos, Atari (Hasbro/Infogames or any other alias), Take2, THQ. I see no real difference between any of them.

Gaming is a business but these bigger companies, well that really is all they care about, the bottom line. Minimum effort for maximum profit (screwing you for every penny they can get and any excuse to make you pay more). These days, and to be honest even in the past, I've always been more attracted to the smaller more independant developers, that is where most new ideas come from these days, and because they have lower budgets they also more eager to provide real value to their fans because they need to keep them happy, sometimes only because they have to, but often also because they really do care about the game their making. Often the games made by these companies are because the creator has some interest in the subject themselves. Anyway I really dont feel Eidos would make the slightest bit of difference and right now I cant think of one game they make that I'd bother buying. I'm guessing others can name some but I doubt anything you list will be of interest to me.

MostJadedGamer
06-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by DJBare:
It's an obvious sensible move even of downright irritating for us pc users, they want to sell as many copies as possible before giving the pc pirates access to it.

Yeap companies actually like to make money on games, and that money comes mostly from console users who are far less likely to pirate then PC gamers.

Engioc
06-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by dennis580:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJBare:

Yeap companies actually like to make money on games, and that money comes mostly from console users who are far less likely to pirate then PC gamers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never pirated any of my games and I know of many who pirate consoles games, so stop it. Infact I cant think of anyone who actually buys console games, they are THE most easy to copy games because there is NO protection and getting them chipped is incredibly easy. Stop making stupid statements about PC vs consoles...All 3 platforms are as capable as the other, and all them have bad points.

Many companies make money solely from PC games, they manage to survive and do so by providing much better support to their community. Not all companies are obsessed with money alone, some companies do still make games because they have an interest in the subject of the game.

PC's still offer many things consoles cannot and probably will never have.

When was the last time you saw mods being made for a console??
How many simulators are made for consoles??

Is a Logitech G25/G27 made for consoles?

Is a cab driver (Trainz) made for consoles?

ArmA, PC only

East India Company, PC only

Anno, PC and console but the console version is a cut down one comapred to PC

Falcon 4.0 Allied Forces, PC only

CH Products range of flight controllers and addons, PC only

GTR Evolution - I think there was a console release but to my knowledge was changed to be more arcade so people could use the gamepads on cconsoles

GTA, released on both but the PC version has a long list of improvements and features, example the video editor and customized radio

Port Royale/Patrician - PC only

The Elder Scrolls Series, PC only

those and many more are available on PC, and it doesn't include many of games that are ported from console to PC. I suspect many of the games on that list are unknown to you or you'll say you dislike for one reason or another, but thats not the point. Point is there are still many reasons to have a PC and many companies making a profit from it.

So again, stop your stupid ignorant, Elitist comments. Your console and my PC are all perfectly fine and provide a lot of fun and entertainment for the people who choose to use them...Stop being so limited, open your eyes to the wider gaming world and you'll find there are good games on all 3, or even 4 platforms.

And that is the last I will comment on it, its probably a waste of time, your mind is too closed to accept anything can be as good as your beloved console.

SWJS
06-19-2010, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
Also, there's one thing I don't get. Why doesn't anybody just play it on a console.
Because I don't have a console and don't want to get one. Reason? I don't want to buy one, let alone a TV to go with it, or clear a space for one. And if I get a TV chances are other people in the house would want to use it for one thing or another, another benefit of having a Personal Computer. And everybody (that I know) agrees that every game is better on PC than consoles.

It's also cheaper to get games for PC than consoles; for each new generation in gaming you have to buy an entirely new console, whereas with a PC you might just need to increase the RAM by another GB or so (a measly $35 compared to $350 for a console). There may also be the chance you need to get a new graphics card, but $125 is still a lot cheaper than even a 2nd hand console. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Fair enough.

I would consider getting a PC, but I don't have the cash. Spent it all on a 360 and a Wii. *headdesk*

Seekzor
06-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Ubisoft is really the only gaming company I've seen doing this, delaying PC, hopefully they will stop this trend soonish....

Murcuseo
06-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Seekzor:
Ubisoft is really the only gaming company I've seen doing this, delaying PC, hopefully they will stop this trend soonish....

I really don't mind the delay if the game is ported properly, which ACII wasn't.

Although we don't hear much in the way of feedback from Ubisoft from what we've seen so far, AC:B has a lot of the improvements that the community wanted.

We've not seen a lot but it's promising...

LCGuardian
06-19-2010, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seekzor:

I really don't mind the delay if the game is ported properly, which ACII wasn't.

Although we don't hear much in the way of feedback from Ubisoft from what we've seen so far, AC:B has a lot of the improvements that the community wanted.

We've not seen a lot but it's promising... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, putting aside any PC specific gripes, Ubisoft have done an admirable job between AC1 and AC2 in incorporating improvements that have been identified by the community. And ACB does look like it introduces more (the fast fight mechanics look really good for example).