PDA

View Full Version : Heros to Avoid (Out of Courtesy)

Galvantez
08-27-2019, 09:27 PM
What are some heroes I should avoid playing out of courtesy for my opponents?

I'm new, just got For Honor maybe.. two weeks ago? I'd always wanted to play it, but I heard it was a mess of problems and had a dwindling playerbase so I neglected to pick it up till only recently. I'm an avid Warframe player, so I mostly prefer to play against Bots. But occasionally, I like to Duel other players.

I play on PS4, I've heard there are some clear differences between the platforms.

What I've gathered so far is the Assassins as a whole are pretty annoying to deal with. Particularly Orochi and the Shaman. I immediately got on with the Shaman when I tried her out in training. I love her style and savage demeanor! I had been working diligently to gather enough Steel to purchase her, and a few days ago I did just that. I was a bit disappointed to learn she has a "Cancerous" reputation among players.

Lastly, what's your opinion of the Black Prior? After trying them out on a friend's account, I really want to get them for myself. I've got about 8k Steel out of the 15k I'll need for them. I love the supportive feats they bring to the table.

TOCKSYK
08-27-2019, 09:38 PM
You wanna be nice to your opponents. A true man of honor

Cancerous heroes you want to avoid if you don't enjoy the entire planet hating you: (my opinion)

1. Raider
2. Hitokiri
3. Jormungandr
4. Soon this spot is gonna be for Centurion cause everyone will hate him more
5. Black Prior, depends if you spam shield bash or not

-Raider spams stun taps and does the most damage in the game
-Hitokiri is a broken mess of a character that can kill you really fast if you don't guess right, also she may have the fastest opener Hyper Armor in the game
-Jormungandr is a very annoying hero to play against and a real spammer at heart with a scary OOS pressure
-Centurion is a big noobstomper right now even if he is the weakest hero in the game at the moment, that oughta change on 12th of September on live servers. after the buff he will become somewhat of a hitokiri
-And Black Prior has some good moves but his whole entire kit is shield bash. He can bash out of neutral, he can bash out of soft feint heavy, he can bash after a light, his zone is a bash, basically a big bash spammer

Goat_of_Vermund
08-27-2019, 10:09 PM
Don't avoid anything! That's complete bs tbh, nobody can decide what do you play and what do you enjoy. Aholes will find their reasons to be aholes even if you are nice, they will be aholes if you win, if you lose, if the match is close, if the match is one sided, if you pick a **** character like centurion, peacekeeper or gladiator, or pick a top tier like hitokiri, raider or black prior.

My suggestion is, try out as many as you can, find the ones you like aestatically and gameplay-wise, and stick to them, don't let anyone tell you who you play. There are about 8-10 heroes who are very close to each other in duelling strenght, if you happen to choose one and your opponent chooses a weaker one, it's really not your fault. Is hitokiri stronger than peacekeeper? Totally. Does it justify if I am an ahole to the player playing hitokiri if she exploits my weak hero's kit to win? No, totally not. I had the chance to pick an S tier or A tier, I am the one who accepted who am I playing.

PS:
I have nothing against centurion as a character, but what the hell is up with them? I found 3 just in duels in the last two days who acted like real pieces of **** against me, basically threw tantrums when they saw I picked Black Prior. Like what the hell did they expect? Is there a hero they could beat without walls? Maybe 4 where they have realistic chances, are they really expecting to meet only with them? All the people with victim identities picked up centurion nowdays, or what?

Velentix
08-27-2019, 11:10 PM
Just play whoever you want. You know yourself well enough to know if you are abusing any mechanics. I play as valk and warlord, and still have people say I play broken op characters. Just try to enjoy the game.

Siegfried-Z
08-27-2019, 11:11 PM
Just play the one you want to, there are no honorable or dishonorable pick.

You gonna have your own match up you will really hate like every players.. so doesnt matter which one you decide to play you always gonna have a bit of salt.
For example i literally take a long Breath before i have to fight a Shugoki, i hate fighting this heroe and with him my most hated match up are Raider and Jormangundr. But everyone gonna have his own hated heroes.
Shaman not more than other, maybe less than most of them atm tbh.

I have 218 reps in the game : 18 PC and 200 PS4.

I play Kensei, Aramusha, Hitokiri, Valkyrie, Shaman, Shaolin and Gladiator plus a few others i just grind and lost interest for such as Black Prior, Warden, PK, Zerk, Shinobi.

Let me say to you i've got some salty messages with ALL of them, even the weakier as Valk, Musha and Glad.

At the end this is just a vidéo game, play the heroe you have fun with and dont care about others players.

But if you really care about that then yes the most hated by almost the entire playerbase are probably in the good order Raider, Hitokiri and Jormangundr.

EvoX.
08-27-2019, 11:42 PM
Play whatever character you like. At your level, everyone is going to complain about any character. Literally any.

Shaman is a a viable hero in all game modes and is one of the most balanced heroes in the game. She'll be great in low level and in the highest level, if/when you reach it. Absolutely no reason not to pick her as your main. Black Prior is very strong across all game modes as well, more so than Shaman. If you find them fun, pick them up.

Every character will be great at the start. You'll start to notice weaknesses and drawbacks in different characters as you increase in skill, but that would never matter to you if you don't play hardcore and/or don't care about having the best chance of winning. Do whatever is most fun to you.

MuscleTech12018
08-27-2019, 11:49 PM
If you really wanna show class and skill, go warlord, one of the hardest class ingame.

Hormly
08-28-2019, 01:42 AM
How silly, play what is most fun for you. You think others are going to avoid playing the cheap heroes?

Valoredramack
08-28-2019, 04:07 AM
What are some heroes I should avoid playing out of courtesy for my opponents?

Shinobi was recently nerfed into the ground in Patch 2.11, so if you want to make life easy for your opponent then you can start using the Shinobi and expect to die a lot from having your Kick interrupted, your Double Dash guard-broken, your Ranged Heavy parried, and your Ranged Guard-Break countered. As a new Shinobi player, you will face a significant amount of punishment because you will have more vulnerabilities than most other heroes, especially against any hero with a Static Guard. The Shinobi has no dodge attack, so you will also have to learn how to Deflect perfectly, which is far more difficult then simply blocking or parrying.

I have been playing For Honor since first release and out of every hero that I played, the Shinobi was the most difficult to master because of the fact that most of his move sets are nearly useless in 1v1 and because you can't afford to make as many mistakes with the lower health pool. As a Shinobi, you can expect opponents to attack you aggressively and relentlessly because you're an easy target, particularly since the hero was nerfed so heavily in Patch 2.11.

Ultimately, I recommend playing whichever hero that is least frustrating for you to use, instead of choosing a hero that is least frustrating for your opponent. No need to be altruistic in a competitive video game. Learning the Shinobi is a grind and it will be a very annoying experience at first once you realize how easy it is for opponents to counter your mix-ups and ranged attacks.

DeamonXII
08-28-2019, 06:51 AM
Shinobi was recently nerfed into the ground in Patch 2.11, so if you want to make life easy for your opponent then you can start using the Shinobi and expect to die a lot from having your Kick interrupted, your Double Dash guard-broken, your Ranged Heavy parried, and your Ranged Guard-Break countered. As a new Shinobi player, you will face a significant amount of punishment because you will have more vulnerabilities than most other heroes, especially against any hero with a Static Guard. The Shinobi has no dodge attack, so you will also have to learn how to Deflect perfectly, which is far more difficult then simply blocking or parrying.

I have been playing For Honor since first release and out of every hero that I played, the Shinobi was the most difficult to master because of the fact that most of his move sets are nearly useless in 1v1 and because you can't afford to make as many mistakes with the lower health pool. As a Shinobi, you can expect opponents to attack you aggressively and relentlessly because you're an easy target, particularly since the hero was nerfed so heavily in Patch 2.11.

Ultimately, I recommend playing whichever hero that is least frustrating for you to use, instead of choosing a hero that is least frustrating for your opponent. No need to be altruistic in a competitive video game. Learning the Shinobi is a grind and it will be a very annoying experience at first once you realize how easy it is for opponents to counter your mix-ups and ranged attacks.

This is somewhat true and playing shinobi in close range is now hell especially when opponent is smart and spamming

DeamonXII
08-28-2019, 06:52 AM
I say play vanguard like warden or kensei first and then after you've master the basic of the same then play other character, my suggestion is if you love mixup then pick aramusha, kensei or shaolin

Goat_of_Vermund
08-28-2019, 07:18 AM
My opinion is if you want advise about who to play beside who not to play is checking how some characters look like, what emotes and executions they have, and how you can fight with them. There are heroes who are very hard to use (thought the only example when there is no easy mode is highlander, every other hero is beginner friendly, don't check those easy/medium/hard things, berserker is by no means hard, while kensei is harder). I personally think that finding a character that looks good and sounds good is more important than checking viability and playstyle (though both can ultimately discourage you in extreme cases). My three mains, peacekeeper, lawbringer and black prior, play nothing alike, they just all look super good, while there are three copycats of peacekeeper who are all better than her (shinobi, shaman and nuxia), but I found shinobi very ugly so I never unlocked him (if I will have extreme amounts of steel, I might now that he is not that irritating with the last balance change, but I will check first if I can build a praying mantis outta him), shaman feels like a clumsy savage despite her obvious superiority over pk (I also find her ugly), and while I have no real problems with nuxia, pk is a lot cooler. Choose someone you enjoy from all aspects.

Don' care about salty people. If you pick bp, and someone says stupid things like "I counted 20 shieldbashes", you can just ignore them. If you don't want to, here are some of my custom answers:

1. "I counted 54."
2. "That's a good first step. Now, you can start dodging them."
3. "TENEBRIS"

Valoredramack
08-28-2019, 07:59 AM
every other hero is beginner friendly

Calling every other hero beginner-friendly without actually playing every other hero is not exactly speaking from experience. That's like a Semiautomatic Pistol Enthusiast saying that every other type of projectile weapon is "beginner-friendly", which would be outside the scope of his skill set.

As an actual Shinobi main, I would not call the Shinobi "beginner-friendly" as implied in my previous post, the players that specalize in the Shinobi have to grind to gain our skill level. A beginner-friendly hero is one that you can pick up and dominate in a match with just a few basic move sets, such as Hitokiri.

The first time that I used Centurion, I landed 20 kills and only died 5 times just by mostly using Lion's Pounce into Eagle's Talons. The Jormungandr has a similar beginner-friendly move set that can pin down opponents, but the Shinobi does not have a move that can used to that level of effectiveness as a beginner. Sickle Rain is not easy to pull off as a noob because the Shinobi's heavy attacks are highly telegraphed and the Ranged GB is easy to counter in 1v1, so it's highly unlikely that a beginner Shinobi will be able to perform well in their first match because the move sets are far more reactable and interruptible; ESPECIALLY after the Patch 2.11 nerf hammer.

But since you think the Shinobi is beginner-friendly, I would love to see this new guy try to use the Shinobi in 1v1 or even Dominion and then post a video to show us all how easy it was for him.

I'm sure it would be hilarious to see him getting slapped out of mid-air while trying to land the Patch 2.11 Kick without hyper armor. Or to see his stamina get completed depleted from a single parry of the slow heavy attacks, which is fatal for a beginner Shinobi. Or to see his Double Dash getting guard broken whenever he tries to do any of the established mix-ups.The Shinobi is weak in the current state, you would know that if you use spent any time using the hero, which we both know you have not, so why bother spreading misinformation about a hero that you have never personally used.

Goat_of_Vermund
08-28-2019, 09:24 AM
Sorry, you are already on my ignore list. I tried to argue with you, but since you only qoute small portions of texts out of contest and address them, or just simply declare everyone else's opinion invalid without disproving their points, I don't think there ever was a point. It is my fault really, the enlarged colored text was a hellsure sign about you being arrogant and narcissistic (or at least you act that way). Since you are not open to other point of views, I will spare you from mine, and since I already know yours, myself from those disgustingly colored walls of texts.