PDA

View Full Version : Most popular Pre-Order for U.S., Best Buy or GameStop?

dfcDELTA
10-26-2011, 06:16 AM
I am curious where most people are getting their pre-order from and why. The MP character from Best Buy is cool, but it is kind of week that you only get one bonus, considering you get so much more from GameStop. Not sure which way to go yet, but I want to pre-order this week.

Blind2Society
10-26-2011, 07:01 AM
With all the free stuff you get for preordering at gamestop it's definitely the way to go. Not sure if they're still doing the free upgrade though.

XxKillaChaosxX
10-26-2011, 07:05 AM
For once, GameStop absolutely destroys everyone on the preorder front.

Blind2Society
10-26-2011, 07:08 AM
It's only logical considering all they do is gaming and all the others places sell everything.

SirRaelix
10-26-2011, 07:25 AM
Gamestop hands down. Free signature edition for upgrading to it. Lately, they seem to have a better pre-order than anyone else

Biomedical-Fire
10-26-2011, 07:50 AM
As much as I hate GameStop, but you'll be best served pre-ordering the Signature Edition from GS. Until they run out of Signature Editions, you'll be able to pick up one well after launch. The store that I shop at is still getting shipments of the Rage Anarchy Edition and they kept getting in the DA II Signature Edition for a month after launch as well.

MostJadedGamer
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by dfcDELTA:
I am curious where most people are getting their pre-order from and why. The MP character from Best Buy is cool, but it is kind of week that you only get one bonus, considering you get so much more from GameStop. Not sure which way to go yet, but I want to pre-order this week.

Gamestop will always crush any other store in preorders. Also there is far more Gamestops then any other store that sells videogames.

SleezeRocker
10-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Most people (like myself) are getting it at gamestop. Since you get more for the money compared to bestbuy and amazon.

For me well, I like what I'd be getting and gamestop is really close to my house so it's all good.....and I can go to little ceasars across the street as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

xx-pyro
10-26-2011, 01:42 PM
I pre-ordered at GameStop because it's up the street from my house and I can pick the game up on the way home from class. The bonuses are actually quite good too for a simple pre-order, they are offering quite a lot for the same retail price as the regular game.

Jexx21
10-26-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm gonna get it from Steam.

And GameStop is getting the best pre-order bonus, but I don't buy from GameStop because they are making developers find more ways to make the money they loose from GameStop's used game business in things like overpriced DLC and those online pass things. Also because they are using GameInformer to make PC gaming look bad and unpopular along with having a seriously small amount of PC games in the store.

dfcDELTA
10-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the replies; I am still not sure which way to go since GameStop does give you a ton of stuff, but I think the character that Best Buy is offering is awesome looking. It is such a stupid thing, but I can't make a decision.

SleezeRocker
10-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by dfcDELTA:
Thanks for the replies; I am still not sure which way to go since GameStop does give you a ton of stuff, but I think the character that Best Buy is offering is awesome looking. It is such a stupid thing, but I can't make a decision.

I'll admit The Crusader does look cool, looks a bit cooler than otto jester (sorry guys but I think Harlequin-design wise- looks kind of better than ottoman) but you have to look at bigger picture: at least you get more for the money at gamestop.

Personally if it was the other way around; if gamestop only had one character (say the Crusader)and bestbuy offered sig edition and limited poster(back in May..I'd go for bestbuy since I like to get the MOST for my money when possible.

now if you still choose to buy at bestbuy, hey! No one is stopping you, if you really want the Crusader go ahead. It's just we would advise getting at gamestop since you just get more http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jexx21
10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Don't you get the crusader after doing the first Altiar mission? That's what Darby said.

SleezeRocker
10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Don't you get the crusader after doing the first Altiar mission? That's what Darby said.

I thought it was you unlocked the Renegade after a certain mission was it not?

dfcDELTA
10-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I thought it was you unlocked the Renegade after a certain mission was it not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I would like to know. We need a complete list of all shipped/unlockable characters.

E-Zekiel
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
As far as I know, the only difference between the two preorders is that Gamestop has all that Best Buy has, plus more.

Unlike AC:B where Gamestop had that idiotic clown + clown in the box, and Best Buy had the awesome officer + doctor in a box.

SleezeRocker
10-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Unlike AC:B where Gamestop had that idiotic clown + clown in the box, and Best Buy had the awesome officer + doctor in a box.

Really?
I had to get the collector's edition to get Jack in the box!? And for preordering it, all they gave me was Harlequi character? I should've had 2 Harlequin boxes then http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif