PDA

View Full Version : Banned and never given the reason why

Vidarrsonn
08-27-2019, 07:16 AM
Why is it when you get banned for "harrassment" you are never told what you did, how exactly are you supposed to avoid doing something when you don't even know what you did. I've contacted support about this many months ago last time I got a ban and apperantly theres not even records kept on this? How do I know its not just because someone angry they lost a duel reported me? How can you just ban people and not keep records why or tell them why? Harassment is extremely vague, it doesn't even imply toxicity.
Also I know theres gonna be some smartass in here saying "just stop using the chat and you wont get banned", but thats the point of a chat, to use it, I like talking to people ingame, most of the time its positive.
https://i.imgur.com/x9lujgJ.png

AlphawolfyUP
08-27-2019, 12:44 PM
So this adds to a previous thread that got locked for downright bizzare reasons, it seems there is an issue with their report system because lots of people are getting this, I even recieved a suspension for 'harrassment' despite never once activating all chat in all my hours on this game. To add to the weirdness I was given no reason, and when I launched the game I wasn't actually suspended nor given the chat ban the message suggested. Some people get told its an automated process, and others, like me, are told it was done after 'extensive review of all availbale evidence' yet cite none of it... It seems insanely broken right now.

Vidarrsonn
08-27-2019, 11:27 PM
I just dont understand why they would even be so strict about the chat in a game where many people leave it completely off anyway and its an M rated game. I play overwatch and that games not even M rated and I've never in the history of the game been banned for chat and I know I've been far worse there than here. Blizzard is also super serious about toxicity in their games, so if i dont get in trouble in overwatch, how in the world am i setting off for honor filters? As you said, something seems amiss. Keeping records on this so people can see what they did wrong would go a long way to solving this problem.
I'm almost wondering if its some kind of word filter that got me, because i tend to swear jokingly with people a lot, many times people who are on my friends list. because I know like a year ago i got a 7 day chat ban for saying "nibba"(exact spelling) in chat, that was an automated system and it told me it was because of that word, also r6 siege was banning people for it instantly too. I've been banned for harassment more in for honor than I have been in the history of my 20 years playing video games combined. It's super frustrating because I've given this game a stupid amount of money and I can't even get a response on why I'm banned.

MuscleTech12018
08-27-2019, 11:31 PM
Chill, the game is free now, just grab a free copy for moments like this.

belowMinRequirm
08-28-2019, 12:12 AM
So this is something ive been worrying about for a while.

I dont think they check reports. They just autoban people who get flagged enough times.

That means you can abuse the whole system by just reporting every single person you meet for no reason and eventually people will get banned.

EvoX.
08-28-2019, 12:20 AM
That means you can abuse the whole system by just reporting every single person you meet for no reason and eventually people will get banned.

Obviously your account will be flagged itself if you report every player you meet. That's how every report system works, it's suspicious activity in on itself. How Ubisoft have tweaked it for their use and what is the maximum number of reports you can get/dish out before being flagged is something neither you or I know, so I'd suggest to everyone to not report more than needed and try not to break any rules. Easy enough.

belowMinRequirm
08-28-2019, 12:30 AM
Obviously your account will be flagged itself if you report every player you meet.

I would certainly hope thats the case. But simply based on experience with other multiplayer games (which dont do that, hell in smite you can abuse the report system super hard when playing as premade because of group reports, overwatch is actually the same in that regard - i think in LoL youll get banned for spamming reports - not many other games are decent like that) and considering the fact that Ubisoft definitely has trouble with the whole online multiplayer infrastructure (e.g. matchmaking, servers, lots of other things)...

i have very little optimism that is how it actually works right now.

MrB3NX
08-28-2019, 04:32 AM
they should give you ban chat not account ban

come on ubisoft .

iadvisoryi
08-28-2019, 06:30 AM
I've never reported someone for being toxic using the given comms on for Honor. However, I have countless times reported people who abuse the emblem system to push their racist agenda. No trash like that belongs anywhere.

Goat_of_Vermund
08-28-2019, 10:01 AM
I report all kinds of toxicity, as well as every offensive emblems (nazi symbols and commie symbols mainly).

I think For Honor was made for adults. Adults are expected to keep their emotions in check, act in at least an acceptable way they would in person, and take the consequences of their actions. That is the minimum expectable from an adult human, people we all signed up to play with. We did not sign up to play with cavemen, children throwing tantrums, or monkeys screaming and throwing their waste whenever they do not get those bananas. Especially since we all came here to enjoy ourselves and vent frustration, most of us after school, university or work.

That being said, if just the number of reports determines who is banned, that's really upsetting. If someone says "****, I did not see that parry coming" in a clearly friendly manner, the system might even find proof of swearing, while my personal favourite raider with the lovely "I hope you die during the summer" probably got away with my report.

MrB3NX
08-28-2019, 02:08 PM
why report someone because of his emblem ? if he did no harm to you then you're abusing the report system

people loves freedom not restrictions .

Goat_of_Vermund
08-28-2019, 02:20 PM
Is it really necessary to explain why you shouldn't run around with a swastika or with a sickle-hammer?

iadvisoryi
08-28-2019, 06:23 PM
why report someone because of his emblem ? if he did no harm to you then you're abusing the report system

people loves freedom not restrictions .

Lmao wow. Not the first time I've seen a comment this ignorant. You're literally defending swastika's and all other types of hate flags or oppressive symbols, because """""""""freedom"""""""". Smh. There's zero room for hate and toxic/disrespectful, racist, trash comments, emblems, etc. And people like you who defend this bs and defend ignorance and hate just because your general, ignorant vision of "freedom"... It's just sad honestly.

Like @Goat_Of_Vermund said, we really shouldn't have to explain why these symbols should be ban-able.

I hate custom emblem creation and things of it's design specifically because people abuse the creative platform to fly hate and toxic bs in game.

MrB3NX
08-29-2019, 04:04 AM
Lmao wow. Not the first time I've seen a comment this ignorant. You're literally defending swastika's and all other types of hate flags or oppressive symbols, because """""""""freedom"""""""". Smh. There's zero room for hate and toxic/disrespectful, racist, trash comments, emblems, etc. And people like you who defend this bs and defend ignorance and hate just because your general, ignorant vision of "freedom"... It's just sad honestly.

Like @Goat_Of_Vermund said, we really shouldn't have to explain why these symbols should be ban-able.

I hate custom emblem creation and things of it's design specifically because people abuse the creative platform to fly hate and toxic bs in game.

i'm not defending anyone

i just don't like sensitive people like yourself , a grown man won't be harmed by some picture

you have the right to worry if these symbols came to politics not on a video game , what a joke .

Goat_of_Vermund
08-29-2019, 10:09 AM
I am not really sensitive about these pictures or even about idiots thrashtalking when they can't deal wth something. They just shouldn't have the ability to play with normal players, single player games are developed exactly for them.

And grown man neither throw tempertantrums when they lose a video game, nor they find emblems cool if they were used for genocide. Tantrums are thrown by various animals and children when they don't like what is happening, and I don't think a so called "adult" acting like them when something is not going there way deserves any defense from a ban.

The swastika and the various commie symbols are used by two groups, neither of them adult:

1. Very young and immature children not really understanding what they mean. They do not understand what is a gulag or a deathcamp, or what have these ideologies done to humanity. Since it can be expected from a 18+ player to be more mature than this, this is no excuse.

2. Actual supporters of these ideologies. They are not adults either, they lack the ability of thinking. These kinds of people should not be part any modern society, let alone a video game community.

iadvisoryi
08-29-2019, 11:20 AM
i'm not defending anyone

i just don't like sensitive people like yourself , a grown man won't be harmed by some picture

you have the right to worry if these symbols came to politics not on a video game , what a joke .

Couldn't have said it any better than @Goat_of_Vermund

When you grow up you'll learn that it's not sensitivity with anything revolving around that, it's called tolerance, and since I would consider myself a non pos human being, I would choose, to not tolerate, ignorance, or hate of any kind.

There's no room for it on a game, no room for it in modern society, these trash ideologies that "blah it's just a symbol, it's just a phrase, it's just this or that blah blah" yeah, it's just a symbol representing hate for another group of people, representing violence and genocide, representing a group of people, that dehumanized others based on what they look like, who they follow, and who they are as people.

Like I said, once you grow up, maybe just maybe you'll be a little less of an ignorant person. You have the simple mind of a child. "What a joke" :)

MrB3NX
08-29-2019, 01:09 PM
Couldn't have said it any better than @Goat_of_Vermund

When you grow up you'll learn that it's not sensitivity with anything revolving around that, it's called tolerance, and since I would consider myself a non pos human being, I would choose, to not tolerate, ignorance, or hate of any kind.

There's no room for it on a game, no room for it in modern society, these trash ideologies that "blah it's just a symbol, it's just a phrase, it's just this or that blah blah" yeah, it's just a symbol representing hate for another group of people, representing violence and genocide, representing a group of people, that dehumanized others based on what they look like, who they follow, and who they are as people.

Like I said, once you grow up, maybe just maybe you'll be a little less of an ignorant person. You have the simple mind of a child. "What a joke" :)

I'm not immature or young either

I just wasn't raised to fear any group of people or their supporters

restrictions got no fans .

Goat_of_Vermund
08-29-2019, 01:44 PM
Well, maybe you didn't. Others had experiences with them, maybe some relatives were killed by them, and they feel disgusted that some little ***** decides that "hey, the Third Empire is cool, let's wear a swastika to show off I am a rebel and express my complete ignorance over social boundaries. Without showing my face of course, or understanding what this **** actually means." I don't understand why it is so hard to understand, or understanding the fact that this kind of ignorance has no place in society.

If you don't understand how someone whose grandparents were murdered by communists feels when some stupid idiot makes a commie emblem, that's your personal problem. Learn some empathy, but even if you can't, you at least has to accept that the symbol is discomfortable for other people. Plus they are banned, if someone can't understand that, they still have this simple explanation: You can't do this, if you will, you will be banned from the game.

MrB3NX
08-29-2019, 02:09 PM
Well, maybe you didn't. Others had experiences with them, maybe some relatives were killed by them, and they feel disgusted that some little ***** decides that "hey, the Third Empire is cool, let's wear a swastika to show off I am a rebel and express my complete ignorance over social boundaries. Without showing my face of course, or understanding what this **** actually means." I don't understand why it is so hard to understand, or understanding the fact that this kind of ignorance has no place in society.

If you don't understand how someone whose grandparents were murdered by communists feels when some stupid idiot makes a commie emblem, that's your personal problem. Learn some empathy, but even if you can't, you at least has to accept that the symbol is discomfortable for other people. Plus they are banned, if someone can't understand that, they still have this simple explanation: You can't do this, if you will, you will be banned from the game.

We should not spread hatred by any means , I totally agree with that

But i also believe you should not interfere on other people's preferences

That's how i view it , Perfectly balanced .

Goat_of_Vermund
08-29-2019, 02:42 PM
I don't agree. If my preferance is punching people in the face on the street, I am sure someone will interfere. If someone's preferance is ruining other people's playtime by tantrums and hatespeech, why shouldn't we interfere? These people don't belong here.

Vidarrsonn
08-30-2019, 03:57 AM
I've had family killed in both concentration camps and gulags, you dont see me crying about some dumb kid riding around with a swastika or hammer and sickle. Images cant hurt you, neither can words. People whining about things like this are why companies like ubisoft overreach with their measures on toxicity, people like you are the reason people get banned for mundane ****, all because an image offended you. Religions have killed their fair share of people, would you support banning religious symbols? of course not. Human history is riddled with genocides, tragedies, etc. Dont worry, no ones gonna become a nazi or tankie because they saw the symbol in a for honor match.

iadvisoryi
08-30-2019, 09:24 AM
I've had family killed in both concentration camps and gulags, you dont see me crying about some dumb kid riding around with a swastika or hammer and sickle. Images cant hurt you, neither can words. People whining about things like this are why companies like ubisoft overreach with their measures on toxicity, people like you are the reason people get banned for mundane ****, all because an image offended you. Religions have killed their fair share of people, would you support banning religious symbols? of course not. Human history is riddled with genocides, tragedies, etc. Dont worry, no ones gonna become a nazi or tankie because they saw the symbol in a for honor match.

If you read, it's tolerance, if we tolerate and just let hatred live in it's verbal or picture form, it's going to make it seem like it's normal and ok, and it's not.

Science has proven environmental and verbal things can influence you, and your mind. They can't physically harm you sure, but it can lead to personal physical harm if someone has a harsh sensitivity torwards hate symbols, you don't know what some people have went through in the modern day involving hate symbols.

I'm sure if someone had an Isis flag/symbol you wouldn't like it lol.

Yeah religion has killed tons and countless amounts of people, but their message isn't for hate. There's a lot of division when it comes to religion, but it's primarily in the hands of the interpreter. Most Christian's don't have a strong hatred for let's say Buddhism. You get the analogy.

Idk how you even rightfully compare religions, to a swastika or SS symbol or the Soviet Union symbol etc.

Anybody can be influenced by the things around them and the things they see, so it's pretty ignorant to say "nobody is going to become this or that, because they saw this or that* lol.

So people like me are the reason people that fly hate symbols, speak hate speech, use verbal sexual abuse torwards someone, etc the list goes on, your saying people like me are the reason these people get banned... GOOD.

If someone is just talking smack online, idc, say I'm bad, be toxic in game, spam comms, fine whatever. But if you're spewing hate speech, flying it, inciting hate violence, things along those lines, then take your fat ban and hopefully learn your lesson.

I think you should grow up and recognize the fact that ish like this can, and has hurt people. It goes beyond bigotry. Stop standing up for hate, stop tolerating and letting hate fly around the globe. You'd be a better human for it.

Amerikanovich
08-30-2019, 10:13 AM
It's not about how offensive or hurtful an image in a game can be...
Emblem creation gives you the freedom to represent yourself through your "flag" to the online world in any way you can imagine, and if your best idea is to fly a swastika or SS banner, then you're either expressing your support of the ideologies, or you're just an edgy kid who's trying to act hardcore on the internet.
You can make your emblem anything you want, do something creative and nice.
It's not as if nazi symbolism is particularly beautiful or cool to look at, it isn't nice looking, it only has one purpose, and everyone who defends using it in online gaming knows that damn well themselves.
Shut up and grow up already...just because you can doesn't mean you should.

iadvisoryi
08-30-2019, 10:42 AM
It's not about how offensive or hurtful an image in a game can be...
Emblem creation gives you the freedom to represent yourself through your "flag" to the online world in any way you can imagine, and if your best idea is to fly a swastika or SS banner, then you're either expressing your support of the ideologies, or you're just an edgy kid who's trying to act hardcore on the internet.
You can make your emblem anything you want, do something creative and nice.
It's not as if nazi symbolism is particularly beautiful or cool to look at, it isn't nice looking, it only has one purpose, and everyone who defends using it in online gaming knows that damn well themselves.
Shut up and grow up already...just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Preach king

Vidarrsonn
08-30-2019, 11:25 AM
"just because you can doesn't mean you should"
I agree with this sentiment, just because you can get offended by a swastika or h&s doesnt mean you should.

People get offended over so many things, its pretty shortsighted to act like those are the only things that offend people, offense is subjective, no one made you people the arbitors of whats offensive. My fathers dead because of a christian priest, should i demand all crosses be removed from games because it offends me on a personal level? no, that would be stupid.

Also many religions preach plenty of hate.

"So people like me are the reason people that fly hate symbols, speak hate speech, use verbal sexual abuse torwards someone, etc the list goes on, your saying people like me are the reason these people get banned... GOOD.""
You missed my point completely, I'm saying companies get ban happy for things even you would agree shouldnt get you banned. Companies want to avoid controversy because of modern outrage culture, so they overdo it, which gets people banned for mundane things. They would rather ban a few people who are innocent than have a bunch of articles written by professional crybabies saying that they support "hate".

The best thing you can do for hate symbols is take away their power, if you give them the power of fear, they do what they were intended to do. Let people make a mockery of them, let people become desensitized to them. Bad ideas wither and die in the light, they thrive in shadows. It doesn't mean people will become desensitized to violence or hate, thats not how the mind works. Oppose the actions, mock the symbols.

Amerikanovich
08-30-2019, 12:22 PM
So what statement are you trying to make by using Nazi symbolism in an online game?

Goat_of_Vermund
08-30-2019, 01:49 PM
I think speaking about this became quite fruitless.

The complex answer: using certain hate symbols is disrespectful to that hate symbols' victims. That symbol was the tool of horible suffering, dread, death and dehumanization in the past. If you would wear any of them, you would be sent to jail or at least were ostracized for doing so. People who use it online are even worse, because they are cowards who think will get away with giving a middle finger to millions of people by showing they either support the hate ideology that caused it, or just ignore the past so much they wear it cause rebels. I am totally okay if they are get banned for it. I would be totally okay if the police of their country would go to their house and he/she would have to explain to the family what he/she has done, and would have to face some harsh judical consequences. The reason if they suffer any consequences is themselves.

The simple answer for ignorant people: you can't do it. You will be banned if you are doing it, and you accepted it when you got the game.

Rhyza.
08-30-2019, 11:58 PM
I had my chat blocked for 24 hours the other day for 'harassment.' Still don't know what counts as harassment? I make sure not to attack anybody personally, though I will make comments on a character. I remember last year I was reported for harassment, when the only game I played that week was in Breach, and my team failed to load in, leaving me with just three bots, who I enjoyed ranting at. Yet I was reported for harassment and chat banned.

Valoredramack
08-31-2019, 12:08 AM
I've never reported someone for being toxic using the given comms on for Honor. However, I have countless times reported people who abuse the emblem system to push their racist agenda. No trash like that belongs anywhere.

Yeah, I have never reported anyone either. But I considered leaving this game within the first month of it being released because I was seeing Nazi Emblems almost every other match in 2017. I don't know what Ubisoft did to prevent it, but I haven't seen one of those in a long time now.

On console, I just mute everyone in the hero select page before the match even starts. So the only toxic players are the salty losers who start messaging me on the PS4, which I immediately add to my block list as soon as they try to contact me. I wish there was a way in-game to just have everyone muted by default instead of clicking on every name to mute.

iadvisoryi
08-31-2019, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I have never reported anyone either. But I considered leaving this game within the first month of it being released because I was seeing Nazi Emblems almost every other match in 2017. I don't know what Ubisoft did to prevent it, but I haven't seen one of those in a long time now.

On console, I just mute everyone in the hero select page before the match even starts. So the only toxic players are the salty losers who start messaging me on the PS4, which I immediately add to my block list as soon as they try to contact me. I wish there was a way in-game to just have everyone muted by default instead of clicking on every name to mute.

You can turn your chat to team only so you wouldn't see the enemy's at all, or turn it off all together. And for psn you can set messages to friends only. I feel that though, I've seen a few here and there since I came back to the game, most of them use the SS symbol thinking people don't know what it is, but... I do, so Lol. And there was a group of people flying a swastika and being toxic in game, the worst part is I've seen them before and reported them for the same thing. Unfortunate

o...Frank...o
08-31-2019, 09:36 AM
I donīt Understand why players turn the textchat into "All" .... !!

No one in the opponents team wants to speak with the enemy except for criticism or harrassment.
!
So Ubisoft should remove this feature in my opinion!

Amerikanovich
08-31-2019, 10:19 AM
I donīt Understand why players turn the textchat into "All" .... !!

No one in the opponents team wants to speak with the enemy except for criticism or harrassment.
!
So Ubisoft should remove this feature in my opinion!

You can if you're mature about it...I love chatting to people while playing, just normal, having fun.
I've made quite a few friends this way, people we played against who we ended up adding and joining together with, we created a kind of avengers team out of the friendliest and best players we met over several matches and all added each other so we could queue up together.

That's why it's an option where every player can decide for themselves if they want to have chat turned on or not.

Vidarrsonn
09-01-2019, 10:15 PM
The problem with this kind of stance is that where do you draw the line, everyone draws it in different places. Everyone agrees nazis are bad, but what about ussr supporters? chinese government supporters? Napoleonic supporters? Roman supporters? oh oops, at that point you have to delete centurion and gladiator. Everyone acts like they have the answers, that their subjective morality should be law.

iadvisoryi
09-01-2019, 11:57 PM
The problem with this kind of stance is that where do you draw the line, everyone draws it in different places. Everyone agrees nazis are bad, but what about ussr supporters? chinese government supporters? Napoleonic supporters? Roman supporters? oh oops, at that point you have to delete centurion and gladiator. Everyone acts like they have the answers, that their subjective morality should be law.

Idek who you're talking to at this point. You're right, I don't believe in hate speech used to incite violence, pretty sure that's a crime in general.

Yes I think (hopefully) everyone agrees Nazi's are bad. Racists are bad. Violent people with bigoted beliefs, and violent people, are in fact bad. But like you said morality is subjective. You think someone flying a swastika gives af about morality? Cares about victims of hate crimes and hate speech? No... Exactly. That's why we shouldn't be tolerating it. Stop letting it just go unnoticed, stand against hatred instead of just watching on the sidelines.

Idk if you were talking to me about enforceable laws because of hate speech blah blah, but if you were, I only talked about personally tolerating bigotry and toxicity. We the people make the difference, we the people should be making people that spew hate, scared to spew hate. Can they do it? Yes, but we shouldn't just sit there and say "oh freedom of speech oh well *shrug*" you know what I mean?

Inciting violence and threatening with the intent to do, cause, or influence others to do or cause harm is a crime, period.

We play games to have fun. Not see bs toxic emblems and deal with toxic people. The report system exists to stop cheaters, griefers, trollers, and toxicity of all kinds. Violate it, you get a ban.

Essentially, be a pos, and you get a ban. It's not hard to not be a pos.

This thread went on for far too long. Never thought I'd see people defend racists and a-holes. Lmao.

Ubi-RealDude
09-02-2019, 01:57 AM
I'll be closing this thread now since it's gotten way off topic and into topics that aren't really appropriate for our forums.