PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Damage to Elites

roach21x
08-27-2019, 02:31 AM
So we all have and strive for high DTE, mine is at 95%, but how exactly is that factored-in during combat?

What if I had 100% DTE; does that mean every bullet does twice the damage?

Merphee
08-27-2019, 02:42 AM
Damage to elites will add x% of base weapon damage to your total damage when landing shots on elites. It don't believe it will actually double your total damage, per say. For example, if I had an AR that had 12,794 base damage per bullet, 100% DTE would add 12,794 to my total damage when I shoot elites. But again, it's not doubling your total damage. It is simply adding a percentage of the base damage roll that your weapon dropped at. Things like weapon damage rolls, the weapon damage roll on gloves, and brand sets that increase weapon damage are creating a total.

Some things in the game are multiplicative and others additive. That's when I shut off my brain because eff that. :) But, I believe DTE is one of the additives. Can be corrected if I am wrong.

DB_Wade
08-27-2019, 03:00 AM
Merphee has it -- it's doubling the base damage. The figure you see when you look at your stats is base damage plus a bunch of modifiers off your gear talents so it's not double that figure, only double the base damage figure.

Go the range in the White House and choose the elite level difficulty on the targets to get a sense of just how much damage you are doing with each bullet. It is only a sense since you're going to get a few critical hit bonuses, etc.

As an aside, stacking all your mods into damage-to-elites melts them like butter but it comes at the expense of, say, the devastating talent that does extra damage to everybody, not just elites.

pob709
08-27-2019, 07:23 AM
Damage to elites will add x% of base weapon damage to your total damage when landing shots on elites. It don't believe it will actually double your total damage, per say. For example, if I had an AR that had 12,794 base damage per bullet, 100% DTE would add 12,794 to my total damage when I shoot elites. But again, it's not doubling your total damage. It is simply adding a percentage of the base damage roll that your weapon dropped at. Things like weapon damage rolls, the weapon damage roll on gloves, and brand sets that increase weapon damage are creating a total.

Some things in the game are multiplicative and others additive. That's when I shut off my brain because eff that. :) But, I believe DTE is one of the additives. Can be corrected if I am wrong.
It's multiplicative as far as I'm aware.

Abarth_71
08-27-2019, 07:40 AM
So we all have and strive for high DTE, mine is at 95%

I think 85% DTE is more than enough. I can have 95 by equipping different gloves but feel having an extra 5% weapon damage from devastating is more beneficial.

the_SLVRFOX
08-27-2019, 09:34 AM
Marcostyle explained it pretty well back in March, I don't believe anything's changed.

All weapon damage is additive with specific weapon damage.
Head shot damage is additive with critical hit damage.
Those totals are multiplicative with DTE, Damage to Armor, Damage to Health, and Out of Cover Damage.

So: Base Weapon Damage x (1 + AWP + SWD) x (1 + HSD + CHD) x (1 + DTE) x (1 + DTA) x (1 + DTH) x (1 + OCD) = Per Bullet Damage

zigMAGNA
08-27-2019, 09:59 AM
So we all have and strive for high DTE, mine is at 95%, but how exactly is that factored-in during combat?

What if I had 100% DTE; does that mean every bullet does twice the damage?

the other things is...

not all enemies are elite.
Think it's just yellows and named ..correct me if I am wrong anyone...
and purples are not elites (?).. i think... but previously I thought they were elites...

and DTE doesn't affect robo dogs or enemy electronics... which then we are talking armors...

so depending what difficulties you are running and what composition of enemies you encounter.. more DTE may help or may not... but this is why a high specific weapon dmg helps.

the_SLVRFOX
08-27-2019, 10:13 AM
the other things is...

not all enemies are elite.
Think it's just yellows and named ..correct me if I am wrong anyone...
and purples are not elites (?).. i think... but previously I thought they were elites...

and DTE doesn't affect robo dogs or enemy electronics... which then we are talking armors...

so depending what difficulties you are running and what composition of enemies you encounter.. more DTE may help or may not... but this is why a high specific weapon dmg helps.

Correct, DTE does not apply to normal (reds) and veterans (purples).

Not sure about war hounds, but so far I haven't seen a reason yet to stack damage to armor to any certain degree. If you have a decent build to down human NPCs fairly quickly, then war hounds aren't that much harder.

Dyslexic-Snail
08-27-2019, 11:08 AM
I find that 68-73 DTE hits the sweet spot and it allows for other weapon damage and damage to armour to be added. I tried using the gearset with 10% damage to armour and it shredss pretty quickly but I decided not to add any weapon damage just to see the difference and after the armour was destroyed on the purples the damage dropped off a shed load. I always try to balance the damage output with Armour damage which helps destroying elite armour and then DTE kicks in as well. Something always has to be sacrificed somewhere as always. I guess it's all on your preference.