PDA

View Full Version : Best weapons/builds for DZ

RIVEN13
08-26-2019, 02:26 PM
Iíve been wanting to do more PVP and play the dark zone to farm for a pestilence and Yaahl gear. My PVE build is set mainly for SMG and Rifle damage. I melt enemies on challenging difficulty but when it comes to PVP I get wrecked in seconds and I feel like I do zero damage.

Is there a weapon that works better than others? What gear should I run?

Thanks.

LubzinNJ
08-26-2019, 02:47 PM
The meta answer is 3/11/7 mix, heavy on Gila, and a P416 w/ Optimist & allegro, and Spotter/On The Ropes/Bloodsucker/Compensated talents.

Mark_WWW
08-26-2019, 02:54 PM
You HAVE to run the Meta apperently in PVP. To be competitive.

Just browse YouTube. And follow the rest of the sheep.

D-Y-N-4-M-O
08-26-2019, 03:29 PM
What platform are you on? If it's PC, add me. I'll be farming the ODZ later trying to farm another Alps chest. Any gear I find other than that you can have.

"Is there a weapon that works better than others? What gear should I run?"

Have you got the Nemesis?

Pitchman47
08-26-2019, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=LubzinNJ;14473952]The meta answer is 3/11/7 mix, heavy on Gila, and a P416 w/ Optimist & allegro, and Spotter/On The Ropes/Bloodsucker/Compensated talents.[/QUOTE

Yes if you play Gladiator Style.
But shutgun build is better again.

And so many player stay long distance for use nemesis.

Andrewszed
08-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Current pvp meta is:

Spotter on mask, Gila mask,
Bloodsucker on chest, Gila or mirakomie
Devestating Feneris kp
Otr and hardened on gila or mirakomie bp
Compenstated gloves with ar damage
Armor gila knees or precision for hs

Eagle bearer and minigun perk

400+ k armor with 3/11/7, 3 reds are weapon damage, 11 blues with focus on armor and more armor, 7 yellows to unlock perks.

It's not an easy build to get. But most players I've come across lately all have this build.

You will not compete unless you can match it. Or have 8v4 on the server. And I have seen many cheats used too and 4 man groups ALL running the same crap.

I'd stick to conflict if you want pvp. Dz is too one sided these days. Not worth the effort at least on pc. Unless you find a completely dead server which is not unusual these days.

Good luck.

I think otr needs to be changed to 11 yellows and eb needs to hit 500 lvl cap in normalized zones.

uhuriger
08-26-2019, 04:22 PM
Yeah the meta as above mentioned. I have such build as well, but went back to pure weapon/AR dmg and dmg to Armor build. Weapons i use mainly EB with P416 custom or LMG and or Nemesis with P416 custom.
For EB i run Sharpshooter and one piece yahl gear.

RIVEN13
08-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info everyone. Iíll try to get a meta build when I get home.

What platform are you on? If it's PC, add me. I'll be farming the ODZ later trying to farm another Alps chest. Any gear I find other than that you can have.

"Is there a weapon that works better than others? What gear should I run?"

Have you got the Nemesis?

Iím on Xbox I have the Nemesis actually. I have yet to completed the raid so unfortunately I do not have the eagle bearer

BangDingOw.
08-26-2019, 08:25 PM
You HAVE to run the Meta apperently in PVP. To be competitive.

Just browse YouTube. And follow the rest of the sheep.

You don't have to run the meta to be competitive. Just use your noggin' and come up with a build.

BangDingOw.
08-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Current pvp meta is:

Spotter on mask, Gila mask,
Bloodsucker on chest, Gila or mirakomie
Devestating Feneris kp
Otr and hardened on gila or mirakomie bp
Compenstated gloves with ar damage
Armor gila knees or precision for hs

Eagle bearer and minigun perk

400+ k armor with 3/11/7, 3 reds are weapon damage, 11 blues with focus on armor and more armor, 7 yellows to unlock perks.

It's not an easy build to get. But most players I've come across lately all have this build.

You will not compete unless you can match it. Or have 8v4 on the server. And I have seen many cheats used too and 4 man groups ALL running the same crap.

I'd stick to conflict if you want pvp. Dz is too one sided these days. Not worth the effort at least on pc. Unless you find a completely dead server which is not unusual these days.

Good luck.

I think otr needs to be changed to 11 yellows and eb needs to hit 500 lvl cap in normalized zones.

I personally use an Alps chest piece instead of Gila because the rolls are really high. My Alps chest has 14% weapon damage and like 36k armor, 41k armor on the piece itself and 2 blue 1 yellow mods. The only benefit for me switching to my Gila piece is that my skill power goes up about 500 and I can use my chem launcher mods, but I prefer damage.

Merphee
08-26-2019, 08:35 PM
You don't have to run the meta to be competitive. Just use your noggin' and come up with a build.

For the record, what build you runnin' in PVP right now?

Andrewszed
08-26-2019, 08:45 PM
I personally use an Alps chest piece instead of Gila because the rolls are really high. My Alps chest has 14% weapon damage and like 36k armor, 41k armor on the piece itself and 2 blue 1 yellow mods. The only benefit for me switching to my Gila piece is that my skill power goes up about 500 and I can use my chem launcher mods, but I prefer damage.

Yeah. Whatever rng gives you as high rolls. Gila seems to be the armor rolls with mirakomi for me

For the record, what build you runnin' in PVP right now?

I'd like to know too. As most use the build I mentioned. If you dont have 400+k armor with eb you are seeing the respawn quite often. Unless you are with a team who runs these builds and tanks the shots.

Nemi is also a way to combat these meta players but more often you get 1 or 2 vs their 10 kills. It's just the meta is really hard to get. I mean 3/11/7 doesn't fall every day. Weapon damage and armor rolls with cheese vender % rolled on and enough yellows takes some time. And the eb..... good luck.

RIVEN13
08-26-2019, 10:44 PM
Yeah. Whatever rng gives you as high rolls. Gila seems to be the armor rolls with mirakomi for me

I'd like to know too. As most use the build I mentioned. If you dont have 400+k armor with eb you are seeing the respawn quite often. Unless you are with a team who runs these builds and tanks the shots.

Nemi is also a way to combat these meta players but more often you get 1 or 2 vs their 10 kills. It's just the meta is really hard to get. I mean 3/11/7 doesn't fall every day. Weapon damage and armor rolls with cheese vender % rolled on and enough yellows takes some time. And the eb..... good luck.

Sorry I had to wait until I got home from work to write my build. I currently do not have the eagle bearer because I have yet to complete the raid (I would like to lol).

I apologize if what follows looks like word vomit

Here is my build:
14 Red
3 Blue
3 Yellow

Primary: Police MK17 - GS500 52.8K DMG - Killer, Extra, Stop,Drop&Roll
Primary 2: Chatterbox - GS500 22.6K DMG
Secondary: D50 - GS500 67.0K DMG

1 Sokolov - +10% SMG DMG
3 Overlord - +10% Rifle DMG, +7.5% Total Armor, +7.0% Damage to Elites
1 Wveryn - +7.0% Critical Hit Damage
1 Badger Tuff - +7.0% Damage to Elites

Overall Key Stats:
+21% Weapon DMG
+45% SMG DMG
+37% Rifle DMG
+75% DMG to Elites

222406 Armor
37415 Health
1009 Skill Power

Mask: Sokolov - GS500 - Attributes: +42% DMG to Elites, +4.5 Crit Hit, +144 Skill Power - Self Adjusting Talent

Chest: Overlord - GS500 - Attributes: +13.5 Weapon DMG, +6.5% Crit Hit, +6.5% Headshot DMG - Berserk Talent. 2 Mods - Offensive Weapon Mod: 1% Weapon DMG, 3% Rifle, 4% SMG Defensive Mod - +5325 Armor, +5% Health Regen, 8+% Explosive Resistance

Holster: Wveryn - GS500 - Attributes: +740 Skill Power, +5.5 Crit Hit Chance. 1 Mod - Utility Mod: +125 Skill Power, +245 Drone Skill Power, +177 Firefly Skill

Backpack: Badger Tuff - GS499 - Attributes: +9487 Armor, +10,360 Health, +4.0% Crit Hit Chance, +4.0% Weapon DMG. 1 Mod - Offensive Systems Mod: +1.5% Weapon DMG, +5.0% SMG DMG, +1.0% DMG to Health

Gloves: Overlord - GS497 - Attributes: +11.0% SMG DMG, +5.0% Rifle DMG - Hard Hitting Talent

Knee Pads: Overlord - GS500 - Attributes: +7.0% Crit Hit Chance - Hard Hitting Talent. 1 Mod: Offensive Mod - +1.0% Weapon DMG, +4.0% Rifle DMG, +3.0% AR DMG

LubzinNJ
08-26-2019, 11:15 PM
This is my own personal opinion but Chatterbox on it's own isnt a great weapon per se, what makes it great is combining it with either a LMG or AR, but especially an AR, to get the ROF boost after a kill and reload. That isn't doing anything to help you with a Rifle I'd imagine...that is more conjecture because I'd never think to try it so I haven't. So it doesn't help out your Rifle in a PVP scenario, and by itself isn't going to hold up well against other more meta builds.

And Rifles are better at range not close up, and at range you're probably going to be going up against people using Nemesis, that even without speccing into marksman rifles can one shot people, and which a lot of people who don't have Eagle Bearer are using.

D-Y-N-4-M-O
08-27-2019, 01:18 AM
You don't need the Eagle Bearer.

If you like the rifles go with it. You can make a solid PvP build with them. Use your Nemesis as a secondary. It'll one hit kill other players for fun if your aims good and give you more head shot damage when it's holstered and you use your rifle as primary. (look at the holstered talent on your Nemesis & mod your primary weapon to suit)

A pulse works well with rifles and especially the Nemesis. With the Nemesis you obviously have to hold the trigger down and release it after its charged for maximum damage. Usually a one hit kill (OHK)

With the pulse active you can aquire a target & charge your Nemesis whilst in cover then pop out when its fully charged and release the trigger. Its an easy kill if your aims ok. Players won't have time to respond.

The Spotter talent is found on masks, this gives you more damage when you hit a pulse so synergises well. The percentage (I think its 20% more damage is multiplicative)

The Meta builds now are 3 reds (or under) so you can activate the damage talent Compensated on your gloves, with usually the highest rifle damage attribute you can get. (12%) This allows you to stack more armour and skill power and still hit very hard.

Forget stacking offensive stats for PvP. (reds) The reds you do have should be as much weapon damage as possible. Forget crits for the time being.

OTR's (on the ropes) another meta, requires 7 yellows to activate, found on your backpack gives you even more damage when BOTH your skills are on cooldown. (20% more damage I believe but this time the damage is additive) So, if you pop a pulse and fire off a chem launcher heal, it will proc and you'll have dual damage with spotter proc'd (see above) on your gloves because you hit a pulse skill.

If you can find some good skill haste mods to place on your pulse, stack enough skill power attributes (yellows) to activate them so you can have your pulse constantly up. You can have the cooldown under ten seconds and the pulse is on cool down when its active.

The rest really is armour. As much as you can possibly get. Gila Guard kneepads give you tons of armour and is a must have for everything they bring to the table. Alps Summit chest pieces are not bad either. This is where you need your blues (defensive attribtes) so you can unlock Bloodsucker on your chest piece. 11 blues is the requirement.

On the holster run the Precision talent for extra head shot damage. If you're not confident with hitting headshots, opt for Devastating for more weapon damage.

Note - DTE (damage to elites) on your gear will not help you kill other players. It's only for yellow bar AI. (though it does help sometimes in the DZ, I wouldn't recomment it)

You want to try to hit - 3 reds or under, 11 blues or over and 7 yellows to activate OTR's.

Heres a good build for rifles on Youtube but note, you can't use the Nemesis if you use the Diamondback. Both these exotics are as good if not better than the EB in the right hands -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBrPVtUpt68&t=184s

RIVEN13
08-27-2019, 02:19 AM
You don't need the Eagle Bearer.

If you like the rifles go with it. You can make a solid PvP build with them. Use your Nemesis as a secondary. It'll one hit kill other players for fun if your aims good and give you more head shot damage when it's holstered and you use your rifle as primary. (look at the holstered talent on your Nemesis & mod your primary weapon to suit)

A pulse works well with rifles and especially the Nemesis. With the Nemesis you obviously have to hold the trigger down and release it after its charged for maximum damage. Usually a one hit kill (OHK)

With the pulse active you can aquire a target & charge your Nemesis whilst in cover then pop out when its fully charged and release the trigger. Its an easy kill if your aims ok. Players won't have time to respond.

The Spotter talent is found on masks, this gives you more damage when you hit a pulse so synergises well. The percentage (I think its 20% more damage is multiplicative)

The Meta builds now are 3 reds (or under) so you can activate the damage talent Compensated on your gloves, with usually the highest rifle damage attribute you can get. (12%) This allows you to stack more armour and skill power and still hit very hard.

Forget stacking offensive stats for PvP. (reds) The reds you do have should be as much weapon damage as possible. Forget crits for the time being.

OTR's (on the ropes) another meta, requires 7 yellows to activate, found on your backpack gives you even more damage when BOTH your skills are on cooldown. (20% more damage I believe but this time the damage is additive) So, if you pop a pulse and fire off a chem launcher heal, it will proc and you'll have dual damage with spotter proc'd (see above) on your gloves because you hit a pulse skill.

If you can find some good skill haste mods to place on your pulse, stack enough skill power attributes (yellows) to activate them so you can have your pulse constantly up. You can have the cooldown under ten seconds and the pulse is on cool down when its active.

The rest really is armour. As much as you can possibly get. Gila Guard kneepads give you tons of armour and is a must have for everything they bring to the table. Alps Summit chest pieces are not bad either. This is where you need your blues (defensive attribtes) so you can unlock Bloodsucker on your chest piece. 11 blues is the requirement.

On the holster run the Precision talent for extra head shot damage. If you're not confident with hitting headshots, opt for Devastating for more weapon damage.

Note - DTE (damage to elites) on your gear will not help you kill other players. It's only for yellow bar AI. (though it does help sometimes in the DZ, I wouldn't recomment it)

You want to try to hit - 3 reds or under, 11 blues or over and 7 yellows to activate OTR's.

Heres a good build for rifles on Youtube but note, you can't use the Nemesis if you use the Diamondback. Both these exotics are as good if not better than the EB in the right hands -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBrPVtUpt68&t=184s

thanks for this!

Proffesional
08-27-2019, 02:33 AM
The 3/11/7 build is really difficult to build correctly.

Not sure why this is called a META when its incredibly hard to build.

Try finding a P416 with Allegro and Optimist with a good roll, that's super hard alone just that 1 piece is hard to get already.
Then we have the following:

-Spotter on mask, Gila mask,
-Bloodsucker on chest, Gila or mirakomie
-Devestating Feneris kp
-Otr and hardened on gila or mirakomie bp
-Compenstated gloves with ar damage
-Armor gila knees or precision for hs

This is the theoretical build, no one actually has all of these pieces in place for one build. That type of build will take thousands of hours to put together, the chances of you
getting all of these items are next to none.

This cant be a META when 1% of the population can achieve it.

Andrewszed
08-27-2019, 12:47 PM
The 3/11/7 build is really difficult to build correctly.

Not sure why this is called a META when its incredibly hard to build.

Try finding a P416 with Allegro and Optimist with a good roll, that's super hard alone just that 1 piece is hard to get already.
Then we have the following:

-Spotter on mask, Gila mask,
-Bloodsucker on chest, Gila or mirakomie
-Devestating Feneris kp
-Otr and hardened on gila or mirakomie bp
-Compenstated gloves with ar damage
-Armor gila knees or precision for hs

This is the theoretical build, no one actually has all of these pieces in place for one build. That type of build will take thousands of hours to put together, the chances of you
getting all of these items are next to none.

This cant be a META when 1% of the population can achieve it.

Do you actually play pvp and inspect others gear? I have this exact build minus the eb and minigun perk. I also lack only having 350k armor. Therefore, I cannot sustain one who is in 400+ k more armor. Most everyone I have seen in past 4 wks or so all run this exact same build with eb and said armor. So you do not pvp or know what you are talking about. It takes a while yes, it is quite possible. Now imagine a full team all running this build. And yes I see it everytime I go in the dz. Which lately is daily.

OP - raven13 no offense, I wouldn't step foot in any pvp zone with that build. That is a pve build.

Yes the nemesis can one hit, but it's all about timing and hitting the target at full charge. Most times you will lose. Sure maybe you get 1or 2 kills but at what expense? 10 deaths and respawns on your end?

D-Y-N-4-M-O
08-27-2019, 01:42 PM
Do you actually play pvp and inspect others gear? I have this exact build minus the eb and minigun perk. I also lack only having 350k armor. Therefore, I cannot sustain one who is in 400+ k more armor. Most everyone I have seen in past 4 wks or so all run this exact same build with eb and said armor. So you do not pvp or know what you are talking about. It takes a while yes, it is quite possible. Now imagine a full team all running this build. And yes I see it everytime I go in the dz. Which lately is daily.

OP - raven13 no offense, I wouldn't step foot in any pvp zone with that build. That is a pve build.

Yes the nemesis can one hit, but it's all about timing and hitting the target at full charge. Most times you will lose. Sure maybe you get 1or 2 kills but at what expense? 10 deaths and respawns on your end?

The Nemesis is a secondary. Itís situational. It gives you more headshot damage on your primary. A rifle. Which is what the OP was already building.

Iíve seen a few amazing rifle builds in the DZ and conflict that wipe the floor with AR builds.

How can you say the guy doesnít PvP or know what heís talking about? He has thousands of PvP kills. You donít lol

Andrewszed
08-27-2019, 01:55 PM
The Nemesis is a secondary. Itís situational. It gives you more headshot damage on your primary. A rifle. Which is what the OP was already building.

Iíve seen a few amazing rifle builds in the DZ and conflict that wipe the floor with AR builds.

How can you say the guy doesnít PvP or know what heís talking about? He has thousands of PvP kills. You donít lol

Hes is contesting my opinion of what the meta is. If he has 1000s of pvp kills then he should know better then to say my example is just a theory. It doesn't take thousands of hrs to get that gear, I see players daily using this in the dz. Many many players use the build I stated. Many. I'd say probably 95% of pvpers in dz on pc use this over past 4 to 5 wks. All the same. I inspect every players build thet I die to and it's always the same build I stated. It is the meta right now for pvp. To say otherwise you dont know. There have been several metas up to this point. May be hes using a previous one. Idk. But currently it's the one I stated. I have seen several posts stating the exact same thing. Yes nemesis can do damage, but it's very situational and you will die more often then not.

D-Y-N-4-M-O
08-27-2019, 02:01 PM
Hes is contesting my opinion of what the meta is. If he has 1000s of pvp kills then he should know better then to say my example is just a theory. It doesn't take thousands of hrs to get that gear, I see players daily using this in the dz. Many many players use the build I stated. Many. I'd say probably 95% of pvpers in dz on pc use this over past 4 to 5 wks. All the same. I inspect every players build thet I die to and it's always the same build I stated. It is the meta right now for pvp. To say otherwise you dont know. There have been several metas up to this point. May be hes using a previous one. Idk. But currently it's the one I stated. I have seen several posts stating the exact same thing. Yes nemesis can do damage, but it's very situational and you will die more often then not.

I agree, but weíre on pc arenít we? maybe on Xbox itís different. The OP is on Xbox too.

As Iíve said, the Nemesis is going to be mainly used for the holstered talent. More head shot damage on your primary. If of course you use a rifle.

Andrewszed
08-27-2019, 02:33 PM
I agree, but weíre on pc arenít we? maybe on Xbox itís different. The OP is on Xbox too.

As Iíve said, the Nemesis is going to be mainly used for the holstered talent. More head shot damage on your primary. If of course you use a rifle.

I see. I didn't read all the responses to see he was on xbox. Just his first op.

You have a nice rifle build btw. I like rifles but my firing and aim isnt great and that eb damage just rips me down quick.

Do you dz most? I been working the raid lately. Did a 24 minute run last night with randos.

D-Y-N-4-M-O
08-27-2019, 03:46 PM
I see. I didn't read all the responses to see he was on xbox. Just his first op.

You have a nice rifle build btw. I like rifles but my firing and aim isnt great and that eb damage just rips me down quick.

Do you dz most? I been working the raid lately. Did a 24 minute run last night with randos.

Iím not a massive fan of the DZ to be honest. I do conflict mostly. I was in the ODZ yesterday trying to upgrade my gear but nope! Not a chance with the RNG. Also had a guy join through matchmaking who left and went rogue on me when I was clearing some landmarks. Tried to shoot me in the back. Pretty lame if you ask me. Didnít matter though. I like a bit of drama. I see him often in conflict. Think he loves me really. 🙂

I know what you mean about tenancy on the EB. Thatís the good thing about rifles I suppose. EBís canít get close enough to get a headshot kill most of the time with the recoil, unless of course they kill someone else first then youíve got to back off for a few seconds.

blind..pew
08-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Is there a weapon that works better than others? What gear should I run?

3 / 11 / 7 + eagle bearer.