PDA

View Full Version : I still don't get Hitokiri's kick

TOCKSYK
08-25-2019, 08:37 PM
I dodge her kick on a read and I get hit mid dodge. I dodge left, I get hit, I dodge right and she does this weird thing where she spins on her foot and hits me. It ain't latency cause I play with ping under 50 so what is happening? Does she have like an arch on her kick? Are you supposed to dodge in the direction opposite to her leg or what? I'm confused

John.Mesa
08-25-2019, 08:44 PM
I dodge her kick on a read and I get hit mid dodge. I dodge left, I get hit, I dodge right and she does this weird thing where she spins on her foot and hits me. It ain't latency cause I play with ping under 50 so what is happening? Does she have like an arch on her kick? Are you supposed to dodge in the direction opposite to her leg or what? I'm confused

Leran how to counter Hitokrir

Goat_of_Vermund
08-25-2019, 09:12 PM
Sorry if my answer contains obvious information!

Hitokiri can do 4 things in the kick mixups:

1. They can press guardbreak, which results in the kick and a guaranteed heavy.
2. They can feint the kick.
3. They can hold the guardbreak button, which alters a kick into a later move: a sweep that hits you to the ground (but despite being the charged option, this is the weaker, it only gives a light, and the recovery is very long, you can always get a guardbreak).
4. They can feint the sweep.

It's basically like a charged shoulderbash: if you dodge the uncharged version, the charged hits, so you have to make a read. You can dodge the kick, you can wait and dodge later on the sweep's timing, you can expect a guardbreak and light (which will beat guardbreaks, but the kick will hit in time, and since the sweep has armor, it is a trade if she sweeps). There is no universal way to beat it, but the hitokiri suffers a free guardbreak if either option misses, so it's risky on her part too.

MessirePhilippe
08-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Sorry if my answer contains obvious information!

Hitokiri can do 4 things in the kick mixups:

1. They can press guardbreak, which results in the kick and a guaranteed heavy.
2. They can feint the kick.
3. They can hold the guardbreak button, which alters a kick into a later move: a sweep that hits you to the ground (but despite being the charged option, this is the weaker, it only gives a light, and the recovery is very long, you can always get a guardbreak).
4. They can feint the sweep.

It's basically like a charged shoulderbash: if you dodge the uncharged version, the charged hits, so you have to make a read. You can dodge the kick, you can wait and dodge later on the sweep's timing, you can expect a guardbreak and light (which will beat guardbreaks, but the kick will hit in time, and since the sweep has armor, it is a trade if she sweeps). There is no universal way to beat it, but the hitokiri suffers a free guardbreak if either option misses, so it's risky on her part too.

Ok thank you , i want to know too 👌if i just back step do i dodge everything and only can get guardbreak or the sweep or kick can touch me ?

MessirePhilippe
08-25-2019, 09:31 PM
There are certain ways to do so. If he kicks do a guard break the guard break nullifies his kick and u both are shoved back and he gets no heavy. Or if you are fast enough simply dodge when he throws the kick and u will get a free gb. If he sweeps wait then dodge for a gb. Ultimately if you have a fast light throw a light attack when he initiates mugen ryu (the state where he goes for kick sweep or gb) if Hito throws a kick u will interrupt the kick with a light.

Ok thank you , need to be focused and react fast = P thanks for answers .

Goat_of_Vermund
08-25-2019, 09:37 PM
If you dodge anywhere on the kick timing, the sweep, and probably the guardbreak, too, will catch you. There is really no single option to beat all fours (which is a good thing honestly), you have to guess, but you get your high punishes if you guess right.

MessirePhilippe
08-25-2019, 09:50 PM
Ok nice 👍

KotoKuraken
08-25-2019, 10:09 PM
The only way you can get out of the mixup is if you roll, and it's only a half chance that you'll roll out of it because you can still get guardbroken if you weren't back pedalling before they started the mixup. Same thing with Shugoki

Goat_of_Vermund
08-25-2019, 10:14 PM
I have multiple options. I can dodge on kick timing. I can throw a light. I can dodge attack on kick timing. I can dodge on sweep timing. I can dodge attack on sweep timing. Or I can just stay in place and wait for a counter guardbreak.

Knight_Raime
08-26-2019, 02:16 AM
The only way you can get out of the mixup is if you roll, and it's only a half chance that you'll roll out of it because you can still get guardbroken if you weren't back pedalling before they started the mixup. Same thing with Shugoki

Actually no. If you throw a guard break on orange expecting them to feint into a GB you negate the mix up. And if you have a quick bash you can also negate the mix up.

edit: for the gb thing it has to be on block stun. if you got hit with her opening heavy because she traded into you it doesn't work.