PDA

View Full Version : About warlord’s rework.

WolfLordHart
08-25-2019, 04:42 PM
Dear Developers,
even with these ideas for changing Warlord, it won’t solve his major problem: he can’t deal enough pressure to the opponent. The only mean he has for dealing this into 1v1 is his headbutt.
Changes you are planning to do such as enhanced lights and extended stab tracking and range from full block are good, but aren’t going to change many strategies with him.
In my personal opinion, you need to add a new mechanic on him, that could solve his problem.
To me to warlord you should add:

-The possibility to be able to feint the “board and blade” attack, the r2 undodgeable from full block, and being able to chain other attacks from it as well.

-The new feature that makes him able to use the shield punch (the same animation in the one you can do with the gb button parry punish) after any chain (like valk’s third shield light) or any heavy (just like the lawbringer’s shove works), to be able to pressure a bit more the opponent, especially dodgers.
Like this he won’t become like conq or black prior, but he would maintain his identity.
Vikings used their shield in combat to pressure the enemy, as well as charging in battle and blocking.

Please, warlord deserves this kind of mechanic in his gear

Hormly
08-25-2019, 05:49 PM
I laughed when they said they improved the range of his light off fullblock.... Since it's not a confirmed hit and is always blocked anyway

MessirePhilippe
08-25-2019, 09:12 PM
I laughed when they said they improved the range of his light off fullblock.... Since it's not a confirmed hit and is always blocked anyway

I am not alone xD, the light is every time blocked , that clearly not serious ! ^^