PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me that aerosol drone cloaking isnít a thing.

Virtual-Chris
08-25-2019, 05:06 AM
OMG, I just saw game footage of a character spraying themselves with an aerosol can to avoid drone detection. What the hell is this nonsense?

Sometimes I feel like Iím the only one who gives a **** about realism here.

MikeWeeks
08-25-2019, 05:19 AM
OMG, I just saw game footage of a character spraying themselves with an aerosol can to avoid drone detection. What the hell is this nonsense?

Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who gives a **** about realism here.

Was this in PVE or PVP?

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
08-25-2019, 05:32 AM

It is a thing and it's in PvE. It's a Panther ability.

MikeWeeks
08-25-2019, 05:41 AM
It is a thing and it's in PvE. It's a Panther ability.

<groan> ....

I was assuming that if the player grabs a Wolf's mask and cape, that'd be the way to become invisible to their drones ....

Virtual-Chris
08-25-2019, 07:03 AM
<groan> ....

I was assuming that if the player grabs a Wolf's mask and cape, that'd be the way to become invisible to their drones ....

That would be a great idea! They could offer the same sort of buff you get to detection if youíre in a Cartel vehicle in Wildlands. Youíre considered friendly until you do something unfriendly.

Kean_1
08-25-2019, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I wasn't surprised when I saw that. ....oh well.

fastastoast
08-25-2019, 08:29 AM
Here's an interesting thing, the in game spray is call ventablack or something, and then this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack

Virtual-Chris
08-25-2019, 09:17 AM
Apparently it’s also in PvP... at about the 25 sec mark...

https://youtu.be/O_vtOZ0sCiA

MikeWeeks
08-25-2019, 09:24 AM
Apparently it’s also in PvP... at about the 25 sec mark...

https://youtu.be/O_vtOZ0sCiA

LOL- first thought - weird time to be spraying one's self with bug spray - then refocused that it's in snow - so, perhaps bear repellent ?????

Virtual-Chris
08-25-2019, 09:32 AM
Here's an interesting thing, the in game spray is call ventablack or something, and then this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack

That is interesting... if that’s what it is, you would expect your character to be covered in black paint... and I’m not sure how that hides you from drones. If you could cover yourself you would be a black blob. LOL. Better to just roll in the mud... that fooled the Predator, and appears to work against overhead drones in this game as well. Why not just offer a temporary bonus from drone detection after using prone camo?

hamonate1
08-25-2019, 10:22 AM
That is interesting... if that’s what it is, you would expect your character to be covered in black paint... and I’m not sure how that hides you from drones. If you could cover yourself you would be a black blob. LOL. Better to just roll in the mud... that fooled the Predator, and appears to work against overhead drones in this game as well. Why not just offer a temporary bonus from drone detection after using prone camo?

Pretty sure it covers your thermal signature. Remember, Azraels can't see you if you use prone camo as well. And while playing, would you want your character to be covered in black goo from an aesthetic standpoint?

fastastoast
08-25-2019, 10:31 AM

Yep.. it's weird, but boardline reality. Nano tech that disrupts light. I always thought the predator class was wrong in ghosts war, but then most classy were.

Hugo-FOU
08-25-2019, 10:42 AM
I don’t think they should have implemented this in the way they have but they could explain it saying something along the lines of, the ventablack spray used in the game is an evolution of the original and confuses digital image processing, rendering the user seemingly invisible to digital imagery devices.

It still doesn’t explain why this ability is ‘charged’ by killing enemies at close range, which I still completely disagree with.

My feeling is I’m going to be able to ignore the systems in game that make no sense, without it impacting the core gameplay. About the only time I’d want the Ventablack stuff is when taking on a behemoth and I could explain using it only for that, as it being a rare commodity, so deliberately equipping it for that task alone. Not ideal, but as you well know, a little imagination can go a long way to improving the experience.

Bone_Frog
08-25-2019, 10:43 AM
Yep.. it's weird, but boardline reality. Nano tech that disrupts light. I always thought the predator class was wrong in ghosts war, but then most classy were.

It's not light that FLIR sees, it is heat. You can hide from a drone, but it needs to be a thermal blanket or something like that. Not a spray. Pretty much anything you can actually use to hide your heat signature will make you very hot very quickly.

Bone_Frog
08-25-2019, 10:49 AM
I don’t think they should have implemented this in the way they have but they could explain it saying something along the lines of, the ventablack spray used in the game is an evolution of the original and confuses digital image processing, rendering the user seemingly invisible to digital imagery devices.

It still doesn’t explain why this ability is ‘charged’ by killing enemies at close range, which I still completely disagree with.

My feeling is I’m going to be able to ignore the systems in game that make no sense, without it impacting the core gameplay. About the only time I’d want the Ventablack stuff is when taking on a behemoth and I could explain using it only for that, as it being a rare commodity, so deliberately equipping it for that task alone. Not ideal, but as you well know, a little imagination can go a long way to improving the experience.

Honestly with the removal of weapon restrictions I think we are seeing the birth of a META/FOTM. You have a class that can move super fast, has increased stealth, can turn invisible to drones, and has smoke grenades for when it all goes wrong... That is pretty powerful.

Some of the class abilities I get, though I think they should be choosable perks. Take True Grit, which from what I understand works like the Adrenaline perk in GW. That makes sense and jives with stories of Medal of Honor recipients. However, I think that should be available to any class. The purpose of SOF selection is to try and find the guys that could potentially have that extra something to be a MOH recipient if the circumstances ever call for it.

However, pretty much any way you go I see some serious balancing issues for PvP(and potentially PvE as well).

Hugo-FOU
08-25-2019, 11:00 AM
Honestly with the removal of weapon restrictions I think we are seeing the birth of a META/FOTM. You have a class that can move super fast, has increased stealth, can turn invisible to drones, and has smoke grenades for when it all goes wrong... That is pretty powerful.

Some of the class abilities I get, though I think they should be choosable perks. Take True Grit, which from what I understand works like the Adrenaline perk in GW. That makes sense and jives with stories of Medal of Honor recipients. However, I think that should be available to any class. The purpose of SOF selection is to try and find the guys that could potentially have that extra something to be a MOH recipient if the circumstances ever call for it.

However, pretty much any way you go I see some serious balancing issues for PvP(and potentially PvE as well).

Potentially, but having spoken to someone who got to trial PvP at gamescomm and spoke to the devs, they’re working really hard on trying to keep it balanced. Almost certainly there will be tweaks needed, but hopefully they will be minor.

PvE will, I think, be even less of an issue. One interesting thing I did notice while playing was that the Assault class gas grenade, also seems to have a cloaking effect. So if I’m right we have something close to the smoke grenades people have been asking for.

bigrexxx
08-25-2019, 11:06 AM
The real VantaBlack paint, absorbs light, making 3D objects appear flat. So the spray may do the same thing, except on a different part of the light spectrum, making the wearer invisible to whatever imaging software that the drones use to identify people, from the surrounding environment.

bigrexxx
08-25-2019, 11:20 AM
I just hope they change how "True Grit" activates. As a solo player, I'm not planning on killing a lot of enemies using explosives, unless things go sideways. Unfortunately, that is when you need activate "True Grit".. So it could take several missions going sideways, before you even have the special skill available

AI BLUEFOX
08-25-2019, 12:11 PM
I don't like the mechanic, but I wonder if it will work as with the Assassin and Pathfinder on current Ghost War and the drone has to be really close to get a mark.

fastastoast
08-25-2019, 01:08 PM
Pretty much anything you can actually use to hide your heat signature will make you very hot very quickly.

Apart from actual hypothermia.. lol.

fastastoast
08-25-2019, 01:20 PM
Sodding NDA, any opinions I have here are based on my 'experiences'

I will say the abilities charge via different means though, and I can definitely see a panther meta in PvP, to many advantages. Speed primary. I'm actually looking forward to testing the active and passive abilities out, like does true grits accuracy bonus work like steady hands?

And I can't believe field medic is still a great enigma.

Bone_Frog
08-25-2019, 02:30 PM
That is interesting... if thatís what it is, you would expect your character to be covered in black paint... and Iím not sure how that hides you from drones. If you could cover yourself you would be a black blob. LOL. Better to just roll in the mud... that fooled the Predator, and appears to work against overhead drones in this game as well. Why not just offer a temporary bonus from drone detection after using prone camo?

Prone camo has limitations, like not being able to move. The drone spray seems to allow full movement while being undetected.

Flanker1Six
08-25-2019, 08:17 PM
LOL! Just can't make this stuff up!

QUICK!! Holt, throw me a can of invisibility spray; I'm out!

Holt: ****! I'm out too!! I'm gonna throw the can at the drone and hope I take it out!! :p

BAH!! Like Hugo_Fou says; I'm not using any of this unbelievable fantasy stuff. I'll wait until I get my XP up enough to take the Galadrial Perk (Elvin cloak of invisibility) :)!

Virtual-Chris
08-25-2019, 08:21 PM
lol! Just can't make this stuff up!

quick!! holt, throw me a can of invisibility spray; i'm out!

Holt: ****! I'm out too!! I'm gonna throw the can at the drone and hope i take it out!! :p

bah!! Like hugo_fou says; i'm not using any of this unbelievable fantasy stuff. I'll wait until i get my xp up enough to take the galadrial perk (elvin cloak of invisibility) :)!

lol.

fastastoast
08-25-2019, 08:41 PM

Holt: ****! I'm out too!! I'm gonna throw the can at the drone and hope I take it out!! :p

BAH!! Like Hugo_Fou says; I'm not using any of this unbelievable fantasy stuff. I'll wait until I get my XP up enough to take the Galadrial Perk (Elvin cloak of invisibility) :)!

Or just play future soldier... Seriously tho, it's sad that we're all gonna have to be making our own games out of this game. I'm with you guys, I'll just ignore whole mechanics of this game, like classes, loot, abilities, social hub, crafting, picking flowers, gear score, sync shot drones, revive drones, magic bullets, etc.... hang on, why am I even hyped!

Virtual-Chris
08-25-2019, 10:43 PM
Or just play future soldier... Seriously tho, it's sad that we're all gonna have to be making our own games out of this game. I'm with you guys, I'll just ignore whole mechanics of this game, like classes, loot, abilities, social hub, crafting, picking flowers, gear score, sync shot drones, revive drones, magic bullets, etc.... hang on, why am I even hyped!

I know. I go through phases where I think this game will be cool if I just ignore... everything... but then whatís the point? Man, Ubisoft does not make it easy.

Glass_Ghost
08-25-2019, 11:29 PM
The problem is that in the real world there is no hiding from a combat drone, they simply have a sensor to aquire their target in every possible situation. Below is a few of the target sensors that have come to mind, there are probably more:

1. Hot / cold thermal
2. Night optic
3. Movement
4. Flat objects in 3d environment
5. 3d objects against 2d backdrop
6. Unnatural object vs natual objejects
7. Natual objects vs unnatural objects
8. Unnatural colours
9. Electro spectrum.

EDIT:

10. Acoustic
11. IFF (friend / foe)
12. magnetic

fastastoast
08-25-2019, 11:43 PM
10. Ubisoft game buyers.

MikeWeeks
08-25-2019, 11:58 PM

IIRC Ubisoft decided that Holt doesn't survive the insertion .... BAH!!!

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
08-26-2019, 03:59 AM
IIRC Ubisoft decided that Holt doesn't survive the insertion .... BAH!!!

What? Where'd you get that from?

Glass_Ghost
08-26-2019, 05:06 AM
This is a great video that compares the tech in brakpoint against real life tech, and why you cant hide from the machines

https://youtu.be/_qXOsONiLm0

MikeWeeks
08-26-2019, 05:23 AM
What? Where'd you get that from?

My IIRC came from the one of the promo videos (Walker and his team come across Holt) - but a check with Wiki would appear to indicate that my IIRC isn't correct as to what happens.

So it's a nvm ...

A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
08-26-2019, 05:41 AM
My IIRC came from the one of the promo videos (Walker and his team come across Holt) - but a check with Wiki would appear to indicate that my IIRC isn't correct as to what happens.

So it's a nvm ...

You're probably thinking about the CGi trailer. That isn't accurate to what's in the actual game.

init4loot
08-26-2019, 06:29 AM
This is a great video that compares the tech in brakpoint against real life tech, and why you cant hide from the machines

I think this video will help people understand how drones/technology play a huge part in modern warfare today. Tom Clancy also has an uncanny ability to predict wars in the future.

It's reasonable and expected to question whats being presented to you as authentic. To that same token, we must also be willing to accept the reality of today, even if we dont comprehend what's infront of us.

Long story short, Breakpoint is authentic.

Tiered loot on the other hand..
(I'm just I'm not a fan)

Bone_Frog
08-26-2019, 07:38 AM

Yeah they kinda had to nerf drones a bit otherwise they would be way OP. I mean as it is the Azrael(Predator), if it locates you, only directs enemies to your position until you can evade. IRL, it would just drop a hellfire on your head and it would be game over for you and anyone within 15m of you. Likewise, on modern tank drones, they are using the same targeting system that the AEGIS uses to shoot missiles out of the air with a chain gun. A man on foot isn't isn't going to evade that.

So they made some downgrades for the enjoyment of the players.

MikeWeeks
08-26-2019, 08:04 AM
You're probably thinking about the CGi trailer. That isn't accurate to what's in the actual game.

That would make sense; it was very early upon announcement. Glad it to discover that; gotten fond on the team as I continue to romp around Bolivia, still encountering some banter for the first time.

init4loot
08-26-2019, 08:12 AM
Yeah they kinda had to nerf drones a bit otherwise they would be way OP. I mean as it is the Azrael(Predator), if it locates you, only directs enemies to your position until you can evade. IRL, it would just drop a hellfire on your head and it would be game over for you and anyone within 15m of you. Likewise, on modern tank drones, they are using the same targeting system that the AEGIS uses to shoot missiles out of the air with a chain gun. A man on foot isn't isn't going to evade that.

Imagine if Ubi implemented this for tho's complainimg about realism.

Glass_Ghost
08-26-2019, 08:35 AM
Imagine if Ubi implemented this for tho's complainimg about realism.

I think older players are just feeling burnt by the fact that games are just easier these days. Pre 2012 the Clancy franchise was grounded in realism (inspired by achievable future tech) and were considered genuinly difficault. Jump forward to 2017 and Wildlands by comparison on its hardest difficaulty is a causual walk in the park.

init4loot
08-26-2019, 08:47 AM
I think older players are just feeling burnt by the fact that games are just easier these days. Pre 2012 the Clancy franchise was grounded in realism (inspired by achievable future tech) and were considered genuinly difficault. Jump forward to 2017 and Wildlands by comparison on its hardest difficaulty is a causual walk in the park.

You know, i think the reasom why this has happened is because the rise in gamers. Not only that but the generation of people aswell. What i mean is there are so much more gamers on the market nowadays compared to say G.R.A.W 1 & 2, that the focus couldn't be simply on gameplay. Which leads me to the point of the "generation". Back then i would play Socom, which had no weapon customization(hardly) not an open world and no dlc. I would run thru the campaign over and over again because it was about execution and a level of competence, that frankly, isn't the norm for gamers today.

I'm not saying gamers today are less competent, its just their focus is more than just gameplay and difficulty. They don't tolerate games of this nature and quickly jump to the next game.

tRIncar91
08-26-2019, 08:52 AM
Definitely feels that way.
I remember playing Conflict Desert Storm over and over and over again, not skipping a mission, all just to perfect what I was doing. Never a thought to wanting anything more because I was already so immersed I just had to get it right.

init4loot
08-26-2019, 08:56 AM
I remember playing Conflict Desert Storm over and over and over again, not skipping a mission, all just to perfect what I was doing. Never a thought to wanting anything more because I was already so immersed I just had to get it right.

I never got around to play Desert Storm, money was tight back then so for console i chose the Seals.

init4loot
08-26-2019, 09:00 AM

You nailed it on the head tho, repeating to refine the process was the essence of tactical gaming then, regardless of what you played.

Glass_Ghost
08-26-2019, 09:01 AM
You know, i think the reasom why this has happened is because the rise in gamers. Not only that but the generation of people aswell. What i mean is there are so much more gamers on the market nowadays compared to say G.R.A.W 1 & 2, that the focus couldn't be simply on gameplay. Which leads me to the point of the "generation". Back then i would play Socom, which had no weapon customization(hardly) not an open world and no dlc. I would run thru the campaign over and over again because it was about execution and a level of competence, that frankly, isn't the norm for gamers today.

I'm not saying gamers today are less competent, its just their focus is more than just gameplay and difficulty. They don't tolerate games of this nature and quickly jump to the next game.

Agreed, I feel like the idustry as a whole has made games more accessable to the massess by catering to gratification over skill. I remember watching my roommate play FEAR 2 for the first time, he made a joke saying as he took cover that his character regained health by "sucking his thumb". With a handfull of exceptions, games are just easier these days, there are no game overs, no level restarts, everything is dumbed down for the convieniance of the player and if you fail its okay because we saved your progress at a checkpoint just before that really hard challenge.

This is why i am looking forward to the injury system in breakpoint. Its an old concept for a new generation designed as a negaitive modifyer to hinder your ability and make risky decisions.

init4loot
08-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Agreed, I feel like the idustry as a whole has made games more accessable to the massess by catering to gratification over skill. I remember watching my roommate play FEAR 2 for the first time, he made a joke saying as he took cover that his character regained health by "sucking his thumb". With a handfull of exceptions, games are just easier these days, there are no game overs, no level restarts, everything is dumbed down for the convieniance of the player and if you fail its okay because we saved your progress at a checkpoint just before that really hard challenge.

This is why i am looking forward to the injury system in breakpoint. Its an old concept for a new generation designed as a negaitive modifyer to hinder your ability and make risky decisions.

Hahaha your roomates got jokes.

Ditto, i creamed when i saw nomad healing up on the reveal trailer.

tRIncar91
08-26-2019, 09:08 AM
Great game, nicked it from my brother :P and funny to say that I never got around to SOCOM.
A quick mention the AI team controls - being able to order each soldier individually, setting engagement arcs etc - now that's something I'd like to see implemented into Wildlands and Breakpoint. As far as I understand, that's how GR used to be?

And just to be on topic: the aerosol can feels like a bit of a cheat narratively speaking, as if they couldn't come up with anything else to explain why a drone couldn't see you.
For PvE at least, it possibly would've made more sense to steal Wolves IFF, but have a system where they're only temporary once you have them - I don't know exactly how IFF works, but seeing as this is all about technology, would an advanced system in which they can be deactivated from a command console somewhere make sense?

init4loot
08-26-2019, 09:09 AM
This is also why i love Ghost mode and refuse to go back to campaign.

A true format of risk and reward. You die, you start from scratch. Makes you think alittle more about you're approach before executing, which im ALL for.

init4loot
08-26-2019, 09:13 AM
Great game, nicked it from my brother :P and funny to say that I never got around to SOCOM.
A quick mention the AI team controls - being able to order each soldier individually, setting engagement arcs etc - now that's something I'd like to see implemented into Wildlands and Breakpoint. As far as I understand, that's how GR used to be?

And just to be on topic: the aerosol can feels like a bit of a cheat narratively speaking, as if they couldn't come up with anything else to explain why a drone couldn't see you.
For PvE at least, it possibly would've made more sense to steal Wolves IFF, but have a system where they're only temporary once you have them - I don't know exactly how IFF works, but seeing as this is all about technology, would an advanced system in which they can be deactivated from a command console somewhere make sense?

You could do everything you just mention AND also take control over the soldier if you deemed necessary. Cherry on top? You selected the soldiers you took with you on every op, up to 9. If your soldier was kia then that was it, no more of that soldier.

Btw, what is IFF?

tRIncar91
08-26-2019, 09:24 AM
'Identification Friend or Foe'

Ah, you could do the 'soul swapping' in DS too, was incredibly helpful, but I'd be happy to leave it out of BP.
You didn't get to select your soldiers but permadeath was a thing for the whole squad :)

Glass_Ghost
08-26-2019, 09:25 AM
Btw, what is IFF?

Indentify Friend or Foe. These systems are traditionally employed on combat aircraft so you can identify your own forces via radar. More recently we have seen these systems employed as IR strobes on individual infintry. A few of the backpacks in wildlands have them on the straps

An IFF stolen from a wolf would be awesome, and could render you safe from autonomous detection untill the next hypothetical radio check... because its a game and things move faster lets say that radio checks happen 6 times an hour on the 10 minute mark IRL time?

init4loot
08-26-2019, 09:30 AM
'Identification Friend or Foe'

Ah, you could do the 'soul swapping' in DS too, was incredibly helpful, but I'd be happy to leave it out of BP.
You didn't get to select your soldiers but permadeath was a thing for the whole squad :)

Sounds like i missed out not playing Desert Storm 😐

I'm with you tho, you could leave the soul swapping out of BP.

I see now(IFF) but if i ment looking like a wolf to avoid detection, ill take my chances with a behemoth using only a sidearm.

init4loot
08-26-2019, 09:31 AM
Indentify Friend or Foe. These systems are traditionally employed on combat aircraft so you can identify your own forces via radar. More recently we have seen these systems employed as IR strobes on individual infintry. A few of the backpacks in wildlands have them on the straps

An IFF stolen from a wolf would be awesome, and could render you safe from autonomous detection untill the next hypothetical radio check... because its a game and things move faster lets say that radio checks happen 6 times an hour on the 10 minute mark IRL time?

See, i can get behind the IR strobe 100%. I've seen that in Arma and thought thay was dope.

Kean_1
08-26-2019, 05:00 PM

That sounds more plausible than the AXE body spray idea.

Keltimus
08-26-2019, 06:00 PM
That sounds more plausible than the AXE body spray idea.

It's not AXE, it's DEET

AI BLUEFOX
08-26-2019, 06:09 PM

Great idea.

WarChild421
08-26-2019, 06:12 PM
During the OTT I turned off a lot of the HUD and as such forgot all about the superpowers. I would have much preferred if they were equipment that I could only restock at specific points. Having to raid an armory or supply dump to get more of them.

As for the Drones, I know someone who currently pilots a MQ-1 and works with the MQ-9's. The planes have really powerful cameras that can see in multi-spectrum built into them, with some getting even more powerful camera pods attached instead of any weapon systems. These new camera pods are apparently amazing, I was told to think of the gigapixel pictures but from 22,000 feet. There is also the fact that they can loiter in an area for 20 hours before having to return to base, so have fun not moving for a while. All you could hope for would be real bad weather, as most current drones do not have de-icing gear and are not suppose to fly through clouds. The newer ones are starting to have them so weather will not stop them soon, so by GRB time it would most likely not be an issue.

As Bone said, if one of those saw you you are dead. It doesn't matter if they hit you with a missile or had an entire battalion deploy. There is no getting away from that. With the type of foliage there is once the first one sees you, there will be at least one more on a different arc watching as well real soon. A can of Raid will not hid you.

For game mechanics though that would not be fun. The crash site would be the end of the game. So all the drones have been "dumbed" down and there have been superpowers added that allow you to shoot down or get away from the drones.

Flaw3dGenius23
08-26-2019, 07:51 PM

That's the Lynx effect!

Flaw3dGenius23
08-26-2019, 07:57 PM
<groan> ....

Too sensible and not sci fi enough for GR

Virtual-Chris
08-26-2019, 07:58 PM

And I'm guessing a can of spray paint isn't going to help IRL.

Bone_Frog
08-26-2019, 08:58 PM
And I'm guessing a can of spray paint isn't going to help IRL.

Not much will help IRL, aside from what works in all situations, negative space. As Glass_Ghost said in another thread, even against human opponents camo patterns are more there to tell you who not to shoot than they are to keep you hidden. Camo patterns work well against game animals, because they see in 2D and lack depth perception. They don't work so great against humans who see in 3D, and thus still see a human silhouette moving against a background.

Even the famed Ghillie suit, unless you are really good at a sniper stalk(which makes use of negative space) will just make you look like an(quoting Brandon Webb here to taught SEAL sniper school) a lost midget sasquatch. Ghillie suits only really work when a sniper can stalk to a suitable shooting spot, and then blend his suit in with the the foliage around him. It is an incredibly difficult skill to master(often people stick out because they look like suddenly appearing tree cancer or other odd and out of place land features) which is where most sniper trainees fail out. Prone camo, while odd in its animation is probably the closest thing you have in game to what a sniper would do. That will work against humans to a certain extent.

Drones, and other optical search systems, once they go live, if you are putting off heat, electromagnetic whatever ect, they will see you. Hiding behind a rock would work. That is what is called negative space. Essentially any large object or land feature will provide you with a certain cone of invisibility so long as it is between you and whatever is trying to spot you. The thing with a reaper drone is that it is looking down which makes that more difficult to achieve, but not impossible.

Kean_1
08-26-2019, 10:11 PM
It's not AXE, it's DEET

Great..... I guess we now know what's coming in a future DLC.

https://moviesfilmsandflix.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/giphy2.gif

MikeWeeks
08-26-2019, 11:28 PM
Not much will help IRL, aside from what works in all situations, negative space. As Glass_Ghost said in another thread, even against human opponents camo patterns are more there to tell you who not to shoot than they are to keep you hidden. Camo patterns work well against game animals, because they see in 2D and lack depth perception. They don't work so great against humans who see in 3D, and thus still see a human silhouette moving against a background. ....

Highlighted if you role-play roaming the Wildlands as ex-SBC thugs:

https://i.imgur.com/8UTmJwR.jpg?1

With no HUD and just your mk-1 eye-balls I sure found it a different environment in attempting to engage the "correct" enemies if you let the team perform its default roles.

Flanker1Six
08-26-2019, 11:54 PM
Great..... I guess we now know what's coming in a future DLC.

https://moviesfilmsandflix.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/giphy2.gif

AWESOME!! Wwwaaayyy better than Giant Lobsters! The sad part is I think I watched that one on the Bad SciFi Channel! :eek:

Kean_1
08-27-2019, 12:41 AM
AWESOME!! Wwwaaayyy better than Giant Lobsters! The sad part is I think I watched that one on the Bad SciFi Channel! :eek:

Yeah, it was a horrible flick even for a b-movie. .....but had to watch it.

MyBADyouMAD
08-28-2019, 04:15 AM
To be fair, Vantablack is also exceptionally good at concealing heat signatures. Given the current state of technology, and how quickly it's advancing, something like this would perceivably be on the cutting edge of technology in 2023.

However, the implementation is pretty off. It should be something you loot from, for example, a stealth drone manufacturing facility, and is a relatively rare commodity.

Virtual-Chris
08-28-2019, 06:51 AM
Highlighted if you role-play roaming the Wildlands as ex-SBC thugs:

https://i.imgur.com/8UTmJwR.jpg?1

With no HUD and just your mk-1 eye-balls I sure found it a different environment in attempting to engage the "correct" enemies if you let the team perform its default roles.

LOL... that’s a great set of outfits. I could never bring myself to equip the traditional pants... good on you for finding a use for them.

But I agree... when your AI Team is in enemy disguise, it can be a bit alarming at times. Thankfully there’s no friendly fire in the regular campaign or one of them might have taken a bullet or two.

I wish there was a buff for detection for wearing faction outfits (Cartel or Unidad) but I guess it would be very difficult for the game to know how good your disguise was, unless you used a costume.

Virtual-Chris
08-28-2019, 06:54 AM
To be fair, Vantablack is also exceptionally good at concealing heat signatures. Given the current state of technology, and how quickly it's advancing, something like this would perceivably be on the cutting edge of technology in 2023.

However, the implementation is pretty off. It should be something you loot from, for example, a stealth drone manufacturing facility, and is a relatively rare commodity.

Sure, but you also wouldn’t just apply it like hair spray either. You would need a properly designed and manufactured suit.

MikeWeeks
08-28-2019, 07:35 AM
LOL... that’s a great set of outfits. I could never bring myself to equip the traditional pants... good on you for finding a use for them.

But I agree... when your AI Team is in enemy disguise, it can be a bit alarming at times. Thankfully there’s no friendly fire in the regular campaign or one of them might have taken a bullet or two.

I wish there was a buff for detection for wearing faction outfits (Cartel or Unidad) but I guess it would be very difficult for the game to know how good your disguise was, unless you used a costume.

Leave it to Holt to agree to wear the traditional pants ...

In addition put that cowboy hat on a team member and it was easy to think you'd spotted a captain veteran when quickly scanning around for targets during an engagement. Of course the enemy AI had no problems whatsoever in determining you its targets were ...

DungeonRaider
09-05-2019, 06:00 AM
I would have thought some sort of spray with metallic particles might distort the drone well enough to make a human figure unrecognisable if hiding.... nit so much if running in the open.