PDA

View Full Version : Green Sets: Do you prefer TD1 version, or TD2?

Yohrin
08-22-2019, 11:38 PM
I've reinstalled the first Division today, to see the state of the game, and I have almost every green set on it.
After checking them again, I realized that I preferred them more than the ones in TD2.
And this, for a simple reason: they are specialized. What I mean is that you have a set for every type of gameplay you can use. Tank, healer, AR, LMG, sniper...
The new ones seems really confusing and I've kinda given up on using them because I really don't understand how they work.

What's your opinion?

roschi15
08-22-2019, 11:49 PM
I preferred the TD1 sets and the different types of playstyle they allowed. TP, OD and HW are quite weak. Hardly anyone uses them, including myself. The Raid sets are interesting, but only supportive sets for the raid itself and tied to a certain specialization.

Freudian-Slips
08-23-2019, 12:01 AM
Personally.

I prefer the open world of TD2 but prefer the green Gear sets of Div 1 by a country mile.

I have an Alphabridge SMG set House/Aug (48 to 54% CHC and 135% CHD)
A Lonestar HungryHog/Pakhan set
A Deadeye M700 carbon/Historian set
A Tactitian/FirecrestTurret set with the Urban MDR/Aug
A striker Max EAD/DTE challenging/Legendary set with ACR/M4
A DFNC 3 Shield build with Midas/Navy MP5
A full on Exotic muck around build every gear/weapon exotic.
A Hexo Barrets chest set with the Alejandro/G36

Those are the sets I use the most but I have others the choice is huge and all sets are great and fun to use.

In Div 2 I have a True Patriot build that's a total waste of time and a hard wired set that's ok but to be honest they are as boring as heck and you lose way too much in terms of attributes/perks and damage, so they are not worth using. Especially True Patriot

Mr.Sand.Man
08-23-2019, 12:10 AM
D1 for sure. The d2 sets are lackluster and niche at best

SamanthaMarcus
08-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Give me a tacticians set with seekers and sticky bomb any day

J_Tokyo_Rogue
08-23-2019, 12:21 AM
they are specialized.

No, they are classified.

xcel30
08-23-2019, 12:21 AM
I would say that the sets in the first game were drasticly more focused and did what they were meant to do, i'm still not sure how you should be playing OD, focus on causing status effect, create a lot of signature ammo for crossbow, stun enemies instead of killing them?

J_Tokyo_Rogue
08-23-2019, 12:30 AM
Meanwhile... this game have already a feet in his coffin....

GFlack
08-23-2019, 12:32 AM
D1. I see little no value in the Green Sets in D2.

rapier17
08-23-2019, 12:35 AM
The sets from Div. 1 had far better implementation. They catered to playstyles and that was great; when roaming alone I ended up using my AlphaBridge Classified; in a group either Tactician's Authority or Reclaimer, depending on the role I was filling. A few times I went at it with full D3-FNC Classified and a shield, and my goodness that was a lot of fun. I wish they'd not tried to do something too new and had just reused the Div. 1 sets. I miss my black-grey-orange AlphaBridge Classified camouflage.

The current sets, combined with the mediocre RNG-stat situation, make them less than desireable, which i guess is their intention to keep gold high end gear in circulation. I'm currently using OD chest and holster, but thats because they form the core of my Skill Power and I've not got anything near good enough to replace them with.

DarkKnight27us
08-23-2019, 12:38 AM
For the Gear Sets, I definitely like the version in TD1 better. Like others have said, they helped you tailor your character's build to your play style. The build options in TD2 really do seem muddied and unfocused in comparison.

hYpe-O.G.Chip
08-23-2019, 12:53 AM
This must be somesort of joke question. TD1 ... Everything is better in TD1 (except the PvP cheating).
I dont know what the devs learned from TD1, but it was not to balance PvP, make PvP fun, or create some interesting green gearsets.

MutantCowboy x
08-23-2019, 01:17 AM
I don't know anyone who (I interact with from Div 1) thinks anything in Div 2 is better with the exception of the LZ. Div 2 does not feel like a sequel, it feels like something they made before Div 1 and then bolted on updated graphics. I have thousand hour Div 1 friends who quit Div 2 in the first week. They learned all the wrong lessons from their Div 1 "statistics" and that is what happens when idiots use math.

eskimosound
08-23-2019, 01:24 AM
I've reinstalled the first Division today, to see the state of the game, and I have almost every green set on it.
After checking them again, I realized that I preferred them more than the ones in TD2.
And this, for a simple reason: they are specialized. What I mean is that you have a set for every type of gameplay you can use. Tank, healer, AR, LMG, sniper...
The new ones seems really confusing and I've kinda given up on using them because I really don't understand how they work.

What's your opinion?
Same, in D2 I've collected every one I've ever got and they are in my Stash, that's all that's in my stash, green gear...I've got 79 and never worn them...
Like you in D1 they made sense in D2 I haven't a clue.

jmart83
08-23-2019, 02:05 AM
The sets in division 2 suck.

Yohrin
08-23-2019, 02:17 AM
Well I'm kinda glad people agree with me, I thought it was some kind of nostalgia, or maybe I was too stupid to understand how the D2 sets worked.

Xen196
08-23-2019, 02:34 AM
Is this a trick question? We already know the answer to it.
Short version: TD1 -- exciting, worth grinding, logical progression, fits to your own playstyle
TD2 -- *crickets* *crickets*
Amongst one of the questionable decisions that went into this game, what exactly were they thinking? Devs were okay with giving us amazing exotics like the holster, chatterbox smg, the nemesis sniper and so forth, but they can't be bothered making gearsets worthwhile to grind like it was in TD1? We're about 6 months into this game. I'm starting to think they're afraid of giving us *OP* gearsets in TD2. :confused:

Paulbolt316
08-23-2019, 05:48 AM

What's your opinion?

Division 1 gearsets...No contest.

I won't even bother with the teals in Div 2 until they figure out why they were so beloved by most in the first one, and then get them in here asap. The gearsets, just like most of the rest of the gear, is underwhelming and way too restrictive. Being force funneled into roles via badly implemented gearsets, and force funneled into build types because of "set in stone" stat & attribute rolls, doesn't feel like choice, diversity, or creativity.

If I have an idea for a 6 piece True Patriot Skillbuild/Support role, I shouldn't be restricted by how True Patriot only rolls reds & blues....with no talents to boot.

If I want to make tanky form of a Hardwired build, I shouldn't be restricted by the fact that Hardwired rolls friggin offense mod slots everywhere.....Oh, and once again no talents either.

The boredom factor is definitely real with this game for a minute now.

RickDekkard
08-23-2019, 08:15 AM
D1 for sure, they provide roles to the squad. Nowadays all is maximize your AR damage or explosive damage no more diversity or roles. NPCs have much better roles than us.

Dyslexic-Snail
08-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Td1 Sets are much better. Shield build, Flame Turret build. Skill build, DPS build, DZ build, Sniper build, Pistol build and they played well once you go tthe right pieces. So many more choices and fun to use than TD2 sets.

I have only used 4 hardwired with the BTSU gloves and a nice mask with hazard protection, damage to elites and hard hitting on it. Just to see how or if it aided my skill build. For a fire build it adds 25% burn damage which is nice! The rest are just average sets that I have no interest to use.

roschi15
08-23-2019, 12:17 PM
It is obvious that there is a consensus that the Sets in TD1 are much better. This clearly shows that Division players want back the build diversity of TD1. All posters here say almost the same. They don't need the ETF. There is so much feedback of the community that I think the devs know already what they need to do in theory - the implementation is the problem, I suppose.

Neo_Intended
08-23-2019, 12:31 PM
The Jack of all trades, the high end sets of The Division 2 deliver almost anything that was possible in the original game. There was nothing like that at the same time in The Division. I appreciate that.

Then again I miss the simple structure of the original game, but I have to remind myself that "this" is the successor, it's not the same. Besides, I like Ongoing Directive and Hard Wired a lot.

uhuriger
08-23-2019, 12:31 PM
There are allready 2 Skill focused Sets ingame. My Seeker turret build plays like my TaCset from D1 only thing iam missing is the Relentless talent but armor on kill does same job even if its not that efficent.
Stickybomb will come sooner or later, maybe in form of Spezialisation!?

I think when the next Raid comes there will be 3 new sets, lets see iam still exited

Riflemania
08-23-2019, 12:43 PM
Nothing come close to the TD1 D3 set, loved it.

RS_Deadeye
08-23-2019, 12:50 PM
Def. Div.1. The only gearset I like in div 2 is the aces set, the rest are meh, at least for me.

CassiousCloud
08-23-2019, 01:44 PM
when you had classified in that game,you seen it not only from the little file in the corner,but in the stats as well..

This game you can end up with leveling to 30 stats on your gear set pieces. Gear score and stats for this gear ,you really have to work and putting them on most of the time yourself.

I loved my firecrest and Tac builds I had as well and the combination of the two..

I really liked sentry's call and one shotting mobs.. Napalm was a blast to snipe in challenge mode.

AgentSyn
08-23-2019, 03:44 PM
Definitively TD1 Gear' set.
Mostly due to the HIGH diversity of builds and how power ful they were compared to TD2.
My favorites still remains (classified) Reclaimer and Predator.

But Gear set comes in TD1 1 year after his release. I think give it some times to TD2. Maybe they'll fix it.

F.i.x.e.r
08-23-2019, 03:46 PM
YES, I miss my Nomad and my Striker sets.

xcel30
08-23-2019, 04:11 PM
Definitively TD1 Gear' set.
Mostly due to the HIGH diversity of builds and how power ful they were compared to TD2.
My favorites still remains (classified) Reclaimer and Predator.

But Gear set comes in TD1 1 year after his release. I think give it some times to TD2. Maybe they'll fix it.

Most complain is, why does this game has to repeat it's predecessor steps one by one including underwhelming gear, weird drops locked behind activities and few others BEFORE going to the good phase

MatteScroll363
08-23-2019, 07:38 PM

Used it today in d1 so much fun the sticky bomb is to use. Went into the dark zone used pred lol bleed nomads also tried my d3 build oh man makes the one in d2 looks err like trash can. In a group with a reclaimer the heals just feel those heals.

ZAC-THE-JEDI
08-23-2019, 08:08 PM
D3 all day baby. Closest thing I've gotten to a tank build is a gunner/unbreakable/compensated with a shield and banshee pulse but it's not viable for heroic or the raid. I could use my D3 on the hardest content, and pushing and peeling was always a blast in resistance and the incursions.

Blkandwhtknight
08-23-2019, 08:55 PM
This thread needs a sticky.

One looks at the D2 gear sets made my heart sink... They're all basically just lame, watered down, group centered classified sets. Five pieces to get any set effects worth mentioning, and basically no single player value or power. Five pieces of Ongoing Directive.... to pick up things off the ground.... every 30 seconds. Or six pieces for a lame version of reclaimer... The best thing I've found to do with this trainwreck of a set is use three pieces and BTSU gloves to do a sad take on Firecrest.

If they think this is what sets should be they need a reality check, and fast.

I'm having flashbacks of patch 1.1 of D1 with the sets being gated behind the raid... At least Striker, Sentry and the like didn't suck if you were luck enough to get carried through the tragedy that was falcon lost. Then there's the "Warlord" 2.0, I mean Eagle Bearer, but that's another discussion. It's like they just forgot everything they learned from 2 years of development from the first game and just tried to make the same game again...

Ubi-RealDude
08-23-2019, 09:33 PM
So... something to keep in mind when talking about the various Gear Sets (that some hre have touched on to varying to degrees) is that TD and TD2 Gear Sets ultimately seek to fulfill two different goals. TD Gear Sets highlighted a particular style of play, " Tank, healer, AR, LMG, sniper..." they boosted an already existing play style or setup even better. Striker made you a forward-push aggressive play powerhouse, DeadEye put a sniper build from A tier to S tier.

Sets in TD2 introduce new objectives into standard gameplay - either marking as many enemies with a strange level of rhythm with True Patriot, or the Pulse-focused support nature of Tip of the Spear. (As a brief aside: I understand that the quality and impact of the TD2 Gear Sets is a point of contention, what I'm talking about here is more of the ideal rather than what might be the current viability).

I think one of the closest comparisons that can be made would be the TD Sentry set. How does that set compare to something like Aces & Eights or Ongoing Directive?

Don't get me wrong, having a preference for the place and style of the original TD sets over TD2 is completely understandable, but I do think there is a level of nuance that is necessary in order to really have the conversation at the heart of this topic.

moesuvious
08-23-2019, 09:43 PM
So... something to keep in mind when talking about the various Gear Sets (that some hre have touched on to varying to degrees) is that TD and TD2 Gear Sets ultimately seek to fulfill two different goals. TD Gear Sets highlighted a particular style of play, " Tank, healer, AR, LMG, sniper..." they boosted an already existing play style or setup even better. Striker made you a forward-push aggressive play powerhouse, DeadEye put a sniper build from A tier to S tier.

Sets in TD2 introduce new objectives into standard gameplay - either marking as many enemies with a strange level of rhythm with True Patriot, or the Pulse-focused support nature of Tip of the Spear. (As a brief aside: I understand that the quality and impact of the TD2 Gear Sets is a point of contention, what I'm talking about here is more of the ideal rather than what might be the current viability).

I think one of the closest comparisons that can be made would be the TD Sentry set. How does that set compare to something like Aces & Eights or Ongoing Directive?

Don't get me wrong, having a preference for the place and style of the original TD sets over TD2 is completely understandable, but I do think there is a level of nuance that is necessary in order to really have the conversation at the heart of this topic.

Lets not forget that those sets in TD1 didnt come out until well after this point as well. While i figured TD2 would ship with exciting gearsets, that was quickly disspelled but hopefully in the future the devs will realize in a game like this, the sets are what makes the game and brings diversity which in turn helps with balance. Both of which are nowhere to be seen in the current game. Especially on the pvp side of things. I want to pvp in this game, what i wont do is run the same gear as 95% of that population to do so.

MatteScroll363
08-23-2019, 09:48 PM
I think we need a ninja back pack again to allow us to unlock gear sets again like in d1 might help creating different builds again.

moesuvious
08-23-2019, 09:53 PM
I think we need a ninja back pack again to allow us to unlock 2 set gear bonus again might help creating different builds again.

That thing was great for the month it was viable!! It opened up all kinds of possibilities. People were trying out all kinds of stuff, me included and im not a builder at all but that thing just blew the doors open on diversity. Then they killed it like a month later with classifieds being a much higher gear score. It went from easily the worst exotic gear piece ever to the best only to be overshadowed by the classified sets. Right now would be a great time to unleash it before more gear sets get into the fold.

CassiousCloud
08-23-2019, 09:55 PM
That thing was great for the month it was viable!! It opened up all kinds of possibilities. People were trying out all kinds of stuff, me included and im not a builder at all but that thing just blew the doors open on diversity. Then they killed it like a month later with classifieds being a much higher gear score. It went from easily the worst exotic gear piece ever to the best only to be overshadowed by the classified sets. Right now would be a great time to unleash it before more gear sets get into the fold.
It still worked really well with the classified pieces though because of those being higher stats than the regular gear sets..

Neo_Intended
08-23-2019, 10:06 PM

That was informative! And I think that explanations like this are necessary to avoid misunderstandings. Thank you for your support.

Solkard
08-23-2019, 10:55 PM

Gimmick aside, they are too inferior to the weapon damage + DTE meta to be competitive in PvE, and all fall into supportive roles at best. I think one important aspect of Division 1 sets is that they were originally introduced at 4 piece sets, and needed to provide value at that level. D2's set all require 6 pieces before their main feature kicks in, and severely under-perform when used at less than 6 pieces.

xcel30
08-24-2019, 02:24 AM

I understand that each gear set in division 2 is focused on improving group in general, but they all literally lack power. Take TP color bonus for example, white heals you but after shooting 50 rounds into a single enemy you recover half a block when each enemy shot deals around 4 and a half block, so it might as well not be there, if the heal is something like 0.2% per bullet you would have to shoot an entire LMG magazine without being shot to recover 20% of armor that some enemies might dela triple of that.

I many times have made topics related status effect damage being only balanced around solo open world red health bar enemies, wich it deals around 12% of their health and 15% with Ongoing directive, so let's put the player in challenging with a group of 4, so enemy health + armor would be around x8 times of that so you would be dealing a wooping 1.8% of his health with status effect with the gear set that focus on causing status effect and buffs it's damage, meaning this set meant to let you deal constant status effect gives you 1.8% extra damage as status effect. But effectively you lost around 40% of damage in talents.

Now if you compare how much damage you lost by using that set vs one you can get by just stacking talents, you pretty much got a heavy net loss. Before you say that you can build to using weapons that give bonus damage against enemies on fire, using gear mods that incrase fire damage and duration (by measily 1% so yeah 1% of 5 seconds is not relevant). You just feel like you are shooting yourself in the foot, which is honestly how all gear sets feel, shooting yourself in the foot because the people that will reap any reawards is not you. So actually having 4 people running gear sets meant to support eachother will end up with a net loss in power, the only exception to this rule is Aces & Eights, now let me you ask this are all other gear sets at hte same level as A&8 or are they all bottom barrel? This is the gap between the P416 and the FAL but in gear form instead, it's absurd to the point consider one meta and the other a joke.

Let me say it again, they are all good ideas with horribly flawed executions, i could use OD and make hte enemy bleed for 1% of his health or i could just slap 5% extra damage in some random talent slot and that would be more relevant, so i just made a whole 6 piece gear set idea irrelevant with one 5% damage talent. Let me break it down.

TP: all bonus are so small they are irrelevant
OD: status effect damage doesn't scale, it splits burn and bleed damage as filler talents, the 5th talent has nothing to do with status effect, while good for signature ammo thats not the point of gear set.
HW: Only now after the skill rework it's in a better spot, but people have found ways to make a straigh better build which is currently the PVP meta by letting you do everything.
TS: It's free spotter for your group, unless you are a tight group that everyone has their role you won't have much impact overall.
ND: it's so bad that i only saw people complain about they killing themselves when the ceiling was low with their own granades and would require an entire group using explosives to be relevant, it also fails horribly at being "tank".
A&8: The only strong one, it has strong bonus for both the player AND the team. Something all other fail.

jmart83
08-24-2019, 06:07 AM
Nothing come close to the TD1 D3 set, loved it.

A big bag of hell yeah.

RushLoongHammer
08-24-2019, 09:20 AM

I don't like the function or role of the Div2 gearsets.
The Div1 role oriented gearsets were more fun than the Div2 gearsets.
The Div2 gearsets to me seem gimmicky.

Where the Div1 gearsets failed in my eyes was the 6p Classifieds.
The power of 6p classifieds felt great, but there introduction was at the cost of build creativity.

AirJarhead
08-24-2019, 10:16 AM
Td1 by far!

Auron1_TLM
08-24-2019, 11:04 AM
I miss my Lone Star classified gear set from TD1 with my beloved Alejandro. :(

Yohrin
08-24-2019, 11:49 AM

Problem is that it makes it too complicated, for absolutely no gain. As you said, TD sets enhanced existing gameplay, and that was exactly why they were better. We all have a preferred gameplay ingame. And we'll play with it no matter what. Making us even more efficient is really gaining something, while TD2 sets are not only confusing in how they should be used, but you gain nothing by using it.
Look at the thread. It's one of the few where everyone agrees. I'm pretty sure that if you have access to the stats of the game, and if you could see how many people are using the sets in TD2, you'd notice that it's barely used. While in TD, almost everyone used the sets. When you go on the forum and ask for help for a build, no one will ever tell you to use a set.

I really don't understand why you would change something that worked well for something that no one use.

DarkKnight27us
08-24-2019, 05:06 PM

I have to agree with others here. The gear sets in TD2 are confusing and most feel very under powered. I put together the best TotS set I could find and lost 70k armor, 70k health, and almost 10k weapon damage. My DTE went from 70% down to 10%, AWD went down from 30% to 5%, etc. Meanwhile, the random purple stuff I pick up and delete give me better stats and damage than the TotS set pieces I've seen.

xcel30
08-24-2019, 06:30 PM
Look one thing that i always see happening in coop shooters is, is that if individual builds are stronger than coop and team builds, a group of 4 people each running their individual build will be better than 4 people running group buffs. So unless group buffs works both as something fun individual as well something strong for group play, you will just have 4 solo DPS builds that will wreck stuff better than a multiple gear sets build. That always happens

Freudian-Slips
08-24-2019, 06:34 PM
Trouble is none of the gear sets are the Ideal or are or will be viable to any degree, we lose way too much overall power across all gear and all weapons when we wear a teal gear set in solo or Team play.

I understand their idea's and what they are/could be but as is they are not worth equipping in any situation throughout this game.

Ubi-RealDude
08-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Look one thing that i always see happening in coop shooters is, is that if individual builds are stronger than coop and team builds, a group of 4 people each running their individual build will be better than 4 people running group buffs. So unless group buffs works both as something fun individual as well something strong for group play, you will just have 4 solo DPS builds that will wreck stuff better than a multiple gear sets build. That always happens

This is a really good point and I think leads to an ultimately more in-depth question on the topic of Gear Sets... when it comes to the TD2 Gear Sets (Raids Sets or otherwise), how do you feel they might be (or even need to be) improved? Do they need to be stronger or different?

Not necessarily for the goal of being more comparable to the TD Sets, but to better fulfill their own TD2 goal.

Neo_Intended
08-24-2019, 07:17 PM
This is a really good point and I think leads to an ultimately more in-depth question on the topic of Gear Sets... when it comes to the TD2 Gear Sets (Raids Sets or otherwise), how do you feel they might be (or even need to be) improved? Do they need to be stronger or different?

Not necessarily for the goal of being more comparable to the TD Sets, but to better fulfill their own TD2 goal.

From what I see, suddenly, the focus of a balanced pvp & pve game is gone. What's left in The Division 2 is pve in general and just some micro part of pvp. So, there is completly another direction than in The Division that creates other needs than the predecessor had. I like The Division 2, but I never liked that disharmony.

The Division 2 has 3 separated dark zones on the sidelines of the map. The Division has 9 dark zones connected in the center of the map. You just have to visualize that, and you already see the difference of both games.

For me The Division was more linear and straightforward.

Freudian-Slips
08-24-2019, 07:23 PM

They need to be Stronger Point blank, that's it their buffs are alright but no gear set comes with Attributes/perks like Unstoppable/on the ropes/Bloodsucker or any within the game (if they did on certain pieces there would be more build diversity as well) even mix matching with other sets or gear pieces still leaves you totally underpowered, and their red/yellow/blue are quite restrictive to a degree.

I had a True Patriot LMG build and a Yellow LMG build the difference between it's defence/damage output and everything else was huge in group or solo play.

I get what they are for but they are so restrictive on what you can build with your output/defence or help whether grouped or solo.

LubzinNJ
08-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Frankly I can't understand how anyone uses the D2 green sets. At least as far as the ones available without doing the raid. They are all grossly underpowered compared to what you can make with the brand sets, and the fact that the guy who apparently was behind designing them (dude with purple fingernails on a SOTG) was almost orgasmic at the prospect of us learning what they did when we had TD1 classifieds as a baseline really shows how out of touch the people designing the game are with the people playing it.

XxBoostedBoysxX
08-24-2019, 07:48 PM
To follow up on top of that is that there are less people that go in dark zone to PVP due to such everything not being balanced and i saw a buddy of mine go to Div1 dark zone and its thriving. The reason why is the gear sets are so easy to understand don't have to worry about skill and DTE and other things its simple and to the point even though grinding to get better gear is great it just comes to a point where you just give up like I have to realized that its just a video game to be honest

LubzinNJ
08-24-2019, 07:50 PM
To follow up on top of that is that there are less people that go in dark zone to PVP due to such everything not being balanced and i saw a buddy of mine go to Div1 dark zone and its thriving. The reason why is the gear sets are so easy to understand don't have to worry about skill and DTE and other things its simple and to the point even though grinding to get better gear is great it just comes to a point where you just give up like I have to realized that its just a video game to be honest

Stop yelling

DarkKnight27us
08-24-2019, 07:51 PM
From what I see, suddenly, the focus of a balanced pvp & pve game is gone. What's left in The Division 2 is pve in general and just some micro part of pvp. So, there is completly another direction than in The Division that creates other needs than the predecessor had. I like The Division 2, but I never liked that disharmony.

The Division 2 has 3 separated dark zones on the sidelines of the map. The Division has 9 dark zones connected in the center of the map. You just have to visualize that, and you already see the difference of both games.

The first Division game does NOT have 9 Dark Zones. It has 1 Dark Zone that is separated into 9 sections, each section has a relative strength of the PvE enemies, but doesn't mean squat for the PvP part of the game. It's not like if you're a top tier PvP player in the first game you're barred from going into the low PvE Level of the DZ and curb stomping other players who don't have the same level of gear as you and then chasing them all over the zone and spawn camping them.

xcel30
08-24-2019, 07:53 PM

I understand the fact they want gear sets be a team wide game changer, and i do consider A&8 a good example of that, it's honestly merely lack of power to be relevant, let's take TP and OD as i feel they are better examples in showing what i beleive is wrong.

TP bonus are all in paper good, create debuffs that if the player shoots taht enemy he is rewared somehow, the problem from the set is: how strong are the buffs? Thats something i have been wanting to know, there are no numbers for me to know, is the healing a flat armor value per bullet? is it a % of the damage? is % of the total armor? is it affected by other buffs to incoming healing? I know nothing of those, and honestly these are the main points that bother me about the set, if all the bonus a simply 0.0001% per bullet, then just buffing those values would fix the set. If the problems are the calculations then might rework it a bit on how to do that. TP is a prime example of the own set design being perfect but values being completely flawed.

Now OD is more of the oposite that is a design mess based around an already broken idea, the first bonus for 20% is just weapon handling which has a weird discussion of people going around with people who datamined the calculations saying it might be bugged (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2108741-Weapon-Handling-doesn-t-seem-to-be-working-properly) but nothing wrong with first gear set bonus being realted to handling itself. The problem starts with the second and third bonus that are the status effect bonus, mainly because stats effect sucks, so unless this set was desiged with stupidly high values to compensate that so you would create a situation of "use this gear set if you want to cause damage with status effect, without this gear sets they are meant to cause stun" that would validade the gear set existance as switching your damage from gun to something else, as well the issues of having a different bonus for bleed and burn but ignoring shock which raises some eyebrows.

Now the five piece bonus which is gathering everything around after a set time... what does that have to do with special ammo when you generate special ammo with this set? i mean i did say that does help for signature weapon but is this set meant to be about signature weapons? if not then why is this here instead of talent about spreading status effect more efficiently or giving them another propierty (shock ammo now gives you extra headshot damage for example). Last talent that i honestly consider it great and perfect, killing enemies gives you special ammo, thats pretty good and i have no issues with it after it got tweaked to give more ammo as well being any kind of kills that rewards you with ammo, still minor bugs here and there such as last special bullet not causing status effect but that is a bug not desing.

So OD has bonus to weapon handling, bonus to 2 out of 3 status effect it causes, lets you grap more items and gives you special ammo. With this information i heard multiple people discussing how this set was meant to be used, some said it was for stunning enemies with shock and fire ammo, but then you would have the damage bonus and item grab that doesn't fit this designg. I heard is to cause damage with status effect, but then we have the item grab and the fact that status effects are not balanced for group play which makes this set bad groups. I heard it was so the player could keep using armor kits, shooting al day as well use signature weapon since it would give him ammo without him leaving cover, but then we have the whole special ammo and status effect bonus that are not relevant to it.

I feel OD is lacking clarity on it's design intention and has a bit of everything without stacking any of the pieces to make a proper gear set which just leaves the player without strenght. If it's meant to stun enemies, focus solely on either shock or fire and build around expanding how player causes as well buffing those status. If it's about gathering and giving player items, then make it so player generate ammo ,armor kits and granades after a set amount of time and buff those items to estimulate players to be constantly be using, such as extra granade damage, wider radius, giving player extra buff with armor kits and stuff like that. If it's about causing damage as status effect, the game introduced "X% strength" status that would greatly be more relevant as bonus than just damage and instead it becomes about removing filler bonus and completely reworking only the values of these bonus.

tl,dr: TP is great deisng with comepletely useless numbers, OD is all over the place with the bonus wich feels like player is a master of nothing instead of a jack-of-all-trades, take one aspect of that gear set and focus on it.

DarkKnight27us
08-24-2019, 07:53 PM

These gear sets need to be on par with the best non-gear set builds, if not stronger, to make them worth using and farming for. As it is, the gear sets are either too weak or just too unfocused or unclear in what they're supposed to be used for.

LubzinNJ
08-24-2019, 08:00 PM
These gear sets need to be on par with the best non-gear set builds, if not stronger, to make them worth using and farming for. As it is, the gear sets are either too weak or just too unfocused or unclear in what they're supposed to be used for.

They need to stop with the gimmicks. The exotics and gear sets to date are all about gimmicks and that isn't what people want, we want power. Stop overthinking the stuff and give us power and we'll enjoy them. You can overtune the ads to match the power but making it confusing by having to do X to make Y happen that will then lead to Z just pisses people off.

xcel30
08-24-2019, 08:07 PM
They need to stop with the gimmicks. The exotics and gear sets to date are all about gimmicks and that isn't what people want, we want power. Stop overthinking the stuff and give us power and we'll enjoy them. You can overtune the ads to match the power but making it confusing by having to do X to make Y happen that will then lead to Z just pisses people off.

I actually think that exotic armor currently is great, weapons are mixed bag of pestilence smelly tier to EB meta complaints.

Blkandwhtknight
08-24-2019, 08:08 PM

Well, almost every single post in this thread made the answer very clear.

The core of the problem is the lack of player enjoyment through the unique playstyle the sets provided. Whether its fond memories of D3, Firecrest, Tactician or Deadeye, everyone had a set that they enjoyed playing. The sets provided unique SOLO player bonuses and still allowed contribution in a group setting through harmonizing effects with other players.

I haven't seen a SINGLE post in this thread saying "man I really just like running a generic high end build" or " wow this color coded flag buff is so much fun"

Currently in the Division 2 the sets provide NO solo player power or meaningful playstyle variation. The only two sets that are remotely good are ToTs and A&8s and the only reason is for the GROUP buffs.

Right now the Division 2 is a loot based game where 90% of the gear is irrelevant, and your choices are essentially LMG (M60), AR or an A&8 sniper build. The playstyle / Meta is stack Weapon damage, DTE and armor, grab your M60 and group with all your friends... who are using the same build.

I've built about 3-4 highend builds and I'm struggling to find anything else that might be remotely fun(even if it sucks and isn't meta). In Division 1 I had at least 12 DIFFERENT builds I enjoyed, and all the sets were fun in their own way offering a new way to play the game.

As it sits for Division 2, If there are not at least 3 meaningful and reasonably powerful sets released each quarter you can kiss year 2 goodbye. Players don't want cosmetic bundles... they want fun gear in their looter shooter.

LubzinNJ
08-24-2019, 08:12 PM
I actually think that exotic armor currently is great, weapons are mixed bag of pestilence smelly tier to EB meta complaints.

I'm biased against the holster cause its 2 active talents do nothing for me and i'd imagine the majority of people, who's using pistols as a primary, leaving the holster talent being great for one weapon class, LMGs.....or shotguns I guess if you're a masochist and want to use them.

Gloves are extremely gimmicky....and I love them. But they're gimmicky.

xcel30
08-24-2019, 08:16 PM
I'm biased against the holster cause its 2 active talents do nothing for me and i'd imagine the majority of people, who's using pistols as a primary, leaving the holster talent being great for one weapon class, LMGs.....or shotguns I guess if you're a masochist and want to use them.

Gloves are extremely gimmicky....and I love them. But they're gimmicky.

You can do fun stuff with that holster and liberty to hit those 2million headshots (or even make the liberty 100% damage bonus last more than 1 magazine). Just wished the bonus lasted was waaay more relevant for revolvers but thats getting sidetracked from the gear set talk

LubzinNJ
08-24-2019, 08:22 PM
You can do fun stuff with that holster and liberty to hit those 2million headshots (or even make the liberty 100% damage bonus last more than 1 magazine). Just wished the bonus lasted was waaay more relevant for revolvers but thats getting sidetracked from the gear set talk

To be fair I haven't tried the Liberty with the holster cause all the talk of 2 million headshots sound nice....but you're also surrounded by a lot more guys than one. So you make a 2M headshot and one guy goes down but you're still getting shot at by 10 or so other guys...awesome.

Like I said I haven't tried it so I don't know if it actually is useful, but conjecturing it seems one trick pony awesome number not great in reality type of thing.

Shipp71
08-24-2019, 11:13 PM
The Green sets in Div 1 are way better. The green sets, save Aces & 8s, are utter trash. 4pc bonus vs 6pc won't fix the fact they just plain suck. I can't understand why the devs can't get it through their heads. Not trying to be negative but you really didn't need to spend the money on an ETF, just read the forums. We're telling you everything that you need to know about making this game live up to its potential.

Aces & 8s seems to only really have use in the raid. I guess it could beef up the team on Heroic missions but what the community really wanted out of sets was direct benefit use items, not support systems. We want that too in healing sets or buff sets. I think parties could benefit from a shaman or paladin type setup being in their group but those classes are also able to dish out damage as well as buffing their party or raid. We see a huge drop off in damage running the green sets in Div 2 so therefore nobody is using them. The devs need to admit they missed the mark with the sets and make worth using. You had a really great game in the Div 1. Instead of using it as a template you threw everything out the window and started over. I challenge you to do better guys.

pedi.4kinGz
08-25-2019, 12:00 AM
The only set worth anything is the Ace of 8's in TD2....the rest are plain and straight junk, junk….

Oh, sorry, Massive I know you wanted to add more useless gear to TD2 because the end game is deconstructing worthless gear.

TD2 was a great campaign till end game (noted above) and PvP was dead in the water from day one. The latter mainly because of lag server (net code) and baby DZ's yes 3 baby DZ (oops actually only 1 as the other two are always normalised)

I also reinstalled TD1 and what a breath of fresh air. But being playing Remnant recently (loving the game), Borderlands 3 next month and back to Destiny in October. So if all goes to plan, might take a look at TD3 when that come out ;-)

CassiousCloud
08-25-2019, 03:44 AM
With Ongoing Directive 4pc,We get 25% bleed damage for wearing 4 pieces of ongoing directive,but can only bleed with specific grenades that give fair warning to the enemies that I am about to throw a grenade,and explosive damage ammo which falls in rotation with the shock and burn ammo..

seekers should be causing a bleed from their explosive damage..But I'm guessing that would have been to OP to have bleed work onboard a gearset made for bleed damage in mind.
then there is burn damage.. with 2pc we get 25% burn damage.
We have the oxidizer that hits the enemy with an acid that doesn't cause burn damage with a direct hit if they stumble out of the cloud.. it's acid and it's on you and it burns! lol
Firestarter that gives the same warning as,I'm throwing a grenade at you guys so get out of the way!

Stuff feels more setup to fail more than it does to succeed..Crawl for it,over here,go this way,but not too much,now this way..no you can't use that with that,that would be too OP.

I'm really getting bored with the whole,crawl before you can walk thing with this game..it's like it has been set up to throw us a bone every couple of months to try and keep us around and in a specific place..
There are no goals or anything to shoot for other than the jem that might be coming in the next drop that we might be able to add to a piece if we are fortunate enough for it to not cap out..

The game play is really good, the design and the world is beautiful,but the follow through with the progression really has fallen short..
I would much rather have quality loot in less crates than, quantity crap in the many just laying everywhere on the ground that are no better in heroics than in the alleyways..I'd much rather be shooting for some other goal other than the goal of putting a decent build together, to go do stuff that really isn't there..
I mean really ,what is the goal besides trying to make a build right now?

What is the game and gear sets in general missing.. Freaking excitement.
The game makes me feel like I'm broke and on welfare in a dead end world of make everyone happy and participation trophy's, rather than working for something that I can really go out and earn with the build I made..

There is an element of glue and excitement missing from this game that the first one had.. if they could just pin point it,this game could be very addictive..

Sorry,I kind of drifted off track there..it's hard to stop when that happens..lol

Neo_Intended
08-25-2019, 04:50 AM
The first Division game does NOT have 9 Dark Zones. It has 1 Dark Zone that is separated into 9 sections, each section has a relative strength of the PvE enemies, but doesn't mean squat for the PvP part of the game. It's not like if you're a top tier PvP player in the first game you're barred from going into the low PvE Level of the DZ and curb stomping other players who don't have the same level of gear as you and then chasing them all over the zone and spawn camping them.

That's irrelevant. There is a large margin of interpretation.

Ubi-RealDude
08-25-2019, 07:48 PM

I can understand your point, but I think I'm missing how it fits in to the overall Gear Set discussion. TD featured at least one set in the end that was pretty explicitly geared toward PvP...

If you're pointing to some of the TD2 sets for the purpose of highlighting that they really benefit most from long-winded firefights or situations of a few Agents vs. multitudes of opponents (as opposed to TD having Gear Sets that were for the most part equally effective regardless of context they were used in) then I follow...

If that's not what you mean, could you please elaborate a bit more for me?

LubzinNJ
08-25-2019, 07:53 PM
I can understand your point, but I think I'm missing how it fits in to the overall Gear Set discussion. TD featured at least one set in the end that was pretty explicitly geared toward PvP...

If you're pointing to some of the TD2 sets for the purpose of highlighting that they really benefit most from long-winded firefights or situations of a few Agents vs. multitudes of opponents (as opposed to TD having Gear Sets that were for the most part equally effective regardless of context they were used in) then I follow...

If that's not what you mean, could you please elaborate a bit more for me?

TD2 gear sets are just....garbage in every context and are outperformed by brand set mixes across the board. Remember when you had gear sets in TD1 but everyone was using Hexotic? Barretts chest and skull gloves and I forget exactly what talents were on the high end gear but it was kind of a mix and match....but no one who knew what they were doing was using the gear sets long after they'd come out? That's where we are right now and that's how it has been since release.

DarkKnight27us
08-25-2019, 08:35 PM
That's irrelevant. There is a large margin of interpretation.

It's not "irrelevant" and there's no margin for interpretation, let alone a "large margin of interpretation".

You're just wrong.

Neo_Intended
08-25-2019, 09:59 PM
It's not "irrelevant" and there's no margin for interpretation, let alone a "large margin of interpretation".

You're just wrong.

That's subjective.

DarkKnight27us
08-25-2019, 11:56 PM
That's subjective.

No, it's not. Subjective is if you think the DZ is any good or not and if you think it helps or hurts the game.

It is objective fact that TD1 had 1 Dark Zone split in to zones and the only thing those zone did was dictate how powerful the NPC's are going to be. There were not 9 Dark Zones in TD1, that is objectively wrong which makes you objectively wrong.

Neo_Intended
08-26-2019, 12:16 AM
No, it's not. Subjective is if you think the DZ is any good or not and if you think it helps or hurts the game.

It is objective fact that TD1 had 1 Dark Zone split in to zones and the only thing those zone did was dictate how powerful the NPC's are going to be. There were not 9 Dark Zones in TD1, that is objectively wrong which makes you objectively wrong.

Telling me I'm "wrong" is subjective, and ignorant.

Of course I can speak from the N.Y.C. Dark Zone in the plural - there's DZ01 - 09. The letters DZ (dark zone) are also ingame on the mega map of The Division.

Generally, I don't need you telling me what's right or wrong.

DarkKnight27us
08-26-2019, 02:13 AM
Telling me I'm "wrong" is subjective, and ignorant.

Of course I can speak from the N.Y.C. Dark Zone in the plural - there's DZ01 - 09. The letters DZ (dark zone) are also ingame on the mega map of The Division.

Generally, I don't need you telling me what's right or wrong.

Except in this case you're objectively wrong. Sure, there was DZ 1-9. But these weren't different DZs. You'd know this if you played the game. You could enter the DZ at 1 walk through areas 2 - 9 and exit at 9 and never leave the DZ. Why? Because it was one, single, big, Dark Zone. And if your were killing players in DZ9 and saw an extraction in DZ7 there was nothing really stopping you from going there and stealing the other players stuff. Why? Because, again, it was one big zone.

In TD2, we have three separate Dark Zones. How do we know there are three and that they are separate? Well, it's simple. They're in three completely different areas of the map and you can't walk from DZ East to DZ South without exiting the Dark Zone, traveling through the regular map or fast traveling to a DZ South gate, and then entering a whole different Dark Zone. There's also no way for you to be in one DZ and interact directly with another DZ because these are completely separate.

So as anyone can clearly see, you are wrong. There was only one DZ in the first game and there are three in the second.

Mr.Sand.Man
08-26-2019, 02:36 AM
At this point just bring the old gear sets back and drop them into this game with slight modifications to make them work but don't change their core .

I dunno who designed and signed off on the current sets but they are terrible

Neo_Intended
08-26-2019, 10:00 AM
except in this case you're objectively wrong. Sure, there was dz 1-9. But these weren't different dzs. You'd know this if you played the game. You could enter the dz at 1 walk through areas 2 - 9 and exit at 9 and never leave the dz. Why? Because it was one, single, big, dark zone. And if your were killing players in dz9 and saw an extraction in dz7 there was nothing really stopping you from going there and stealing the other players stuff. Why? Because, again, it was one big zone.

In td2, we have three separate dark zones. How do we know there are three and that they are separate? Well, it's simple. They're in three completely different areas of the map and you can't walk from dz east to dz south without exiting the dark zone, traveling through the regular map or fast traveling to a dz south gate, and then entering a whole different dark zone. There's also no way for you to be in one dz and interact directly with another dz because these are completely separate.

So as anyone can clearly see, you are wrong. There was only one dz in the first game and there are three in the second.

LOL...

I don't care if you continue with your importunate bossiness.

rankin2103
08-29-2019, 04:26 AM
There is no value to the green D2 sets. They are talentless unless you carry more than a few pieces and are all weaker by far than a mix of the yellow gear sets rolled and rerolled. The fact we can only use one exotic at a time is totally converse to D1. It worked fine the. So why not now. They bought the old exotics as classic guns to D2. Why not make a “classic” versions of the old sets too. Doesnt need to be classified. Just my two cents worth.