PDA

View Full Version : Delayed until 2020 - and the prices are outrageous

OlaHaldor
08-20-2019, 08:48 PM
I'm OK with the delay to 2020.. Stuff happens, extra work needs to be done, and you want it to be right. Everyone involved in making the game want it to be the best it can be at launch.

The prices however, seem outrageous for it series. I probably sound like an old dog for saying this; but I feel this is ****ting on the good old fan base. And newcomers to the series might be put off from this price range to begin with.

Having a day one DLC; that's also off putting. The price difference is 30 from the standard to the Gold Edition. That's a lot.
And really, the carrot you throw at us to buy the Gold edition with "Play 3 days earlier" is a joke. Paying that kind of money to play a game should grant you access to a secret club with closed alpha/beta and closer contact with the developers to give priceless feedback from the fan base (or newcomers eager to throw money at you) so you feel you're investing into the whole experience.

This game better be ace for that price. There's no way I'm pre-ordering, and there's hardly a chance I'm buying at full price. It's just too much. :rolleyes:

Dukman-Fu
09-12-2019, 04:16 PM
I agree with you. As an original Amiga Settlers 1 player, it's fair to say that this game has been a massive part of my life. I honourably failed many exams due to playing it. The price takes a massive dump on the fans. There is no other way to say it, as crass as it sounds. Poor show!!

pogle63
09-14-2019, 03:15 PM
Yes the delay is not a problem but the price ticket is outrageous.

Also am not happy that the Current Settlers 7 is unplayable in multiplayer and no one seems to be addressing the problem at UBISOFT all too busy obviously.

I am not going to shell out cash for a new game when I can no longer play the ones I have!!

HgizmO
09-15-2019, 03:31 PM
Guys:

1. Price

I do understand your frustration but you need to understand games prices this days will be like that. Look at example Monster Hunter World which cost on release 49 and you can finish story line in 60 hours but you can play after limitless what give some people more than 250h of fun. The Settlers game is on tricky market and all this effort devs do to make this game need to bring back costs of making it happen. If you are real Settlers fan and wait for this game few years to come and whats better will play this game for hours I don't think its a lot.

2. Release date

I don't mind if its this year or next as I do wait for this game for years already and rather to have it finished than patched each day as something don't work.

Ubi-Thorlof
09-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Hello guys,

while the stance on the price itself is up to the individual, of course, the 60€ (or regional equivalent) are the standard price for most video games nowadays (as HgizmO also mentioned).

To elaborate on the Gold Edition and the "day 1 DLC":
'Monuments & Merchants' is the first big expansion/add-on for the game. It will not be available on release of The Settlers (not a "day 1 DLC") but release later. This will be a full, proper expansion to the game with the rough contents described here (https://www.thesettlers-alliance.com/en/pre-order/gold-edition/) - that's also the reason for the price. You will, of course, also be able to buy the expansion on its own later on.

We've seen some reports regarding The Settlers 7 and will investigate these next week.

Vadim..Cool
12-17-2019, 05:17 AM
So for me to pre-order it will cost me €60 and if I wand the Gold Edition it is €90. For a game that has been released a bunch of times before. Ok, I guess I'm fine with the price. Will I at least also get an extra key for Steam platform then? Better be!!! Or else, I'm buying Civ 6 and this game well... can stay in the graveyard for all I care until it will be on a 75% sale. Nobody is desperate enough to buy this game anyways... Too many other games like it to play out there. Sorry.

dutchygirl
01-05-2020, 06:11 PM
The game will only be available on the Ubisoft platform, just like Anno 1800 is. So no Steam key.
And i agree on the pricing. If there is NO beta to test it out properly for me to decide to pay 60 euros beforehand i am going to wait months until some kind of sale and enough reviews.
Because this reminds me of the new Simcity, loads of people bought it right away and it was lousy.
And since there are no more Demo's like in the old days, people want to know what they buy.
And usually the video's are just video's they don't represent the game playing very well for me.
Speaking from a hard core building gamer who owns tons of building games, including all the Settler ones.
Paying 90 euros for a game. Well then everything better be lay in gold or something???

fatihs3n
01-08-2020, 01:05 PM
I just bought the gold edition. There are rare strategy games in gaming world like The Settlers, AoE.. And these games deserve high prices. It can be high maybe.. But you play it for a very long time.. This game will be AoE4 killer also imo :) Best strategy game with relaxing gameplay so do not wait for buying it.

(Any Turkish players, please pm to me)

ASAD-DF
01-23-2020, 06:41 AM
With all Respect to the Devs and Ubisoft decision makers.
Playing 3 days early is worthless.
Decorative Building are cute and nice but in game are worthless too
(decorative for me it mean that it only gives a different look to something without special exclusive Benefits in game) <----- disappointing

Gold Edition should add and give the full Season pass to The Settlers and not only first Expansion.
I will put my money on the Gold Edition of the Game because I am a fan and I do want to support the developers to keep working on the settlers for many years to come.

So I ask you to please Reconsider The Gold Edition Goodies and give us the complete season Pass by Buying the Gold Edition Version of the Game.
Thank you.
With Love, Your Customers.

danger_pol
03-11-2020, 10:26 AM
I won't buy this game for one reason. I bought Settlers 2 and 3 HE. There are so many bugs in History Edition that I doubt that those games were even tested. I own oryginal big box versions that had less bugs than the new ones. Last "funny" patch was about 10 months ago. They " adjusted campaign mission 9 text to avoid potential confusion" and added "option to use oryginal s3 scrolling" - THATS IT! AFTER SO MANY MONTHS! P.S. And there are no refounds. Other funny fact. All my old posts were deleted from this forum... I wonder why.

I still can't understand how it's possible that in S3 HE - AI doesn't produce any soldiers..and contain more bugs than oryginal..how this game passed internal QA ?? Only one possible scenario is that the source code of S3 was taken from earlier version of the game - not from the release version which was sold on CDs. After that no one cares to check if everything was ok with the game.

DopeboyPIRAT
04-11-2020, 09:02 AM
1. I dont care what platform its released on. -Semantics
2. I dont care if it costs 100$ - hoping for a priceless game
3. I dont care that is't delayed. Less buggs the better.

All I care about is that it's like Settlers 3, newer, better and improved. Hell i'd pay 1000 for a remaster of S3 if it's done in the same fashion and with the same love AoE remaster got.

If it's anything like S7, i'm losing all hope and not buying this, and not looking back, pretty simple.

shadowxavier
04-15-2020, 02:33 PM
Wait.. what? Are Ubisoft just as greedy and poor on delivering as EA? No ****...
I swear big companies like theese are creating less and less enthusiasm in me as the years pass. Cause you know quality is second hand to marketing and money scamming.
Like Battlefield V.. costs a full game, the content is little, far inbetween and rough like hell. Not to speak of the blatant cheating the game is riddled with, plenty of bugs, poorly tested and imbalance.
Premium Merchanidze however, are neatly done, come out with new stuff once a week, and the game is a ******g commercial site, just like freeware on mobile. Its disgusting.

Ubisofts reputation are just as bad... my enthusiasm for this game has been limited, cause Ive been afraid something like this would happen. Luckily, we have fantastic games like RimWorld and Gloomhaven to focus on meanwhile we wait for a 75% sale.

Too bad.. devs must be hurting with a marketing scheme like this..

vexor_sb
05-07-2020, 08:37 AM
60€ is too much. Plain and simple. Yes many new games start with 60€ but many for free also. I feel that 40€ would be fair. And i need 2 games, for me and my son.

Cr4zyg4merking
05-09-2020, 10:55 PM
I do not want to defend Ubisoft, but I do not believe that 60 is expensive for this game. The price of the games in Turkey with regional pricing 260TL. It is expensive but still a good price (it would be better if it was in Turkish :), previously ubisoft games were much more expensive. Anno 1800 + 350TL (Standard). I think it's much cheaper to live in Europe or buy games.

BeNnYbOyP
05-12-2020, 10:43 PM
I am a lifelong Settlers fan having bought every game from the original on the Amiga to the most recent offerings. I loved BlueByte and every game they produced. Now it seems like Ubi are cashing in on a very loyal fan base and charging a lot of money for the base game (60 is not what this type of game costs at launch - look at Banished, Rimworld, any recent RTS game. Even Anno wasn't this expensive) and the spit in the eye of another 30 or so for DLC is the last straw.

I'll be waiting until this goes waaaay down in price. I've waited 25+ years for a true Settlers 1/2 game to come about, what's a couple more years?

Todilo
05-13-2020, 07:13 AM
I don't really the the prbolem with 60€. I mean it is a AAA title with unfortunately a lot less of a player base than many other AAA title. This means that Ubisoft has to get more money per game, it is not rocket science?
I do however hope they will provide us with some sort of modding support, that would really really increase the lifespan of the product making those € more worth it! Look at something like "Cities Skylines". A lot of DLC and mod content making sure that game stays relevant for years!
At least mapmaking and being able to create custom campaigns would be awesome.

Ove_Haithabu
05-19-2020, 05:58 PM
I don't really the the prbolem with 60€. I mean it is a AAA title with unfortunately a lot less of a player base than many other AAA title. This means that Ubisoft has to get more money per game, it is not rocket science?
I do however hope they will provide us with some sort of modding support, that would really really increase the lifespan of the product making those € more worth it! Look at something like "Cities Skylines". A lot of DLC and mod content making sure that game stays relevant for years!
At least mapmaking and being able to create custom campaigns would be awesome.

I agree. EUR 60 is actually okay if you get many hours of fun while playing out of it. And as you say, a map editor or modding would mean you have endless possibilities of making each game a new experience. I am however not too optimistic about that, especially not about the modding part. I also don't think you'll see a map editor but since it's based on hexes maybe we see different map seeds when you play the game.

leckig
05-19-2020, 07:15 PM
well, discussing the price is fun and all, but are you all missing the elephant in this room? WHERE IS THE GAME? No updates at all on release date.

Ove_Haithabu
05-19-2020, 08:51 PM
yea, good question actually

Jens251980
05-21-2020, 05:33 AM
No news at all, what the .... is going on at Ubisoft? At least give us some info on content, pictures, movies and release date, summer, autum, 2021 or 2024....... I see no advertising anywhere, is game allready dead? Give us something Ubisoft!

Ubi-Thorlof
05-21-2020, 12:06 PM
We have no further details to share regarding the release date.

However, we're releasing a new blog every week over on the The Settlers Alliance and also share all news there:
https://www.thesettlers-alliance.com/en/

Todilo
05-24-2020, 01:15 PM
that would be very sad indeed. One of the reasons many of the settlers game fell a bi tflat for me was because of polish. I highly believe a game like Settlers would get huge mod campaigns, new buildings, balance fixes that we would never get from Ubi directly.