PDA

View Full Version : Not allowed an opinion

tanithghost78
08-20-2019, 07:16 PM
Seems like the moderators are on a mission to censor individual opinion now. Dishing out warnings for expressing opinions about all the eagle bearer and nerf seeker mine threads.

Then to add to the insult they remove your posted opinion claiming its trolling. No its simply an opinion.

Cadillac-Jack
08-20-2019, 07:22 PM
From what I can gather it's the toxicity and ensuing arguments that gets things censored or locked down and warnings given, iv'e been here a very long time since the very first Div 1 forums and no one (unless downright rude/abusive or homophobic/racist) has ever been censored.

People are allowed to express their own opinion but it's the manner it is portrayed that gets censored/warnings etc etc etc.

People can be a total DK about it and that goes for deliberately riling up someone to get a reaction ERGO: Trolling or people can agree to diss agree but in a respectful manner.

PS: this is not having a go at you OP, it's just what I have learnt being on these forums (I myself have had warnings before on such matters.

tanithghost78
08-20-2019, 07:32 PM
Like you i have been here a very long time, i simply expressed an opinion. Was in no way toxic, nor trollish as it wasn't directed at any person, nor was it spamming as it was posted once not repeatedly.

All i said was,

Oh joy, yet another thread moaning on about eagle bearer. People need to get over it.

Can't see how that is toxic, trolling or spam. That statement is simply my opinion of all these pointless eb threads.

LubzinNJ
08-20-2019, 07:40 PM
Very long, like since August 2019. :)

Regardless, they deleted it because it served no purpose other than to troll the people who are driving us all nuts with it. Im with you man, i wish they would stfu about it but just tell them that within their own posts where they are crying about it, creating a post to discuss the people who are creating dumb posts is trolling, even if its just light tuneup.

I'm surmising based on his complaining about being regulated for toxicity that this isn't his first account, and that his previous account got banned for repeated toxicity...and also that this topic is about to be locked.

Cadillac-Jack
08-20-2019, 07:43 PM
Like you i have been here a very long time, i simply expressed an opinion. Was in no way toxic, nor trollish as it wasn't directed at any person, nor was it spamming as it was posted once not repeatedly.

All i said was,

Oh joy, yet another thread moaning on about eagle bearer. People need to get over it.

Can't see how that is toxic, trolling or spam. That statement is simply my opinion of all these pointless eb threads.

Oh don't get me wrong I understand but if you break it down (and this is a genral take on your line) and maybe a mod see's it the same way.

1, the first 2 words Oh Joy (might be construed as sarcastic)

2, yet another thread MOANING about the eagle bearer (the word Moaning might be considered a reactionary word) ergo to get a reaction from someone who has complained/moaned about it.

3, Eagle Bearer (enough said :)

4, People need to get over it (that also can be construed as reactionary to get a rise/reaction from someone)

Me personally I think they are a bit over strict in here but things have been getting out of hand very quickly around here especially when it comes to a certain weapon.

Your whole line could be regarded as trolling to get a rise or reaction out of those who haven't got it.

PS: that's not my opinion but what I think the mods could see it as.

DarkKnight27us
08-20-2019, 07:43 PM
From what I can gather it's the toxicity and ensuing arguments that gets things censored or locked down and warnings given, iv'e been here a very long time since the very first Div 1 forums and no one (unless downright rude/abusive or homophobic/racist) has ever been censored.

People are allowed to express their own opinion but it's the manner it is portrayed that gets censored/warnings etc etc etc.

People can be a total DK about it and that goes for deliberately riling up someone to get a reaction ERGO: Trolling or people can agree to diss agree but in a respectful manner.

PS: this is not having a go at you OP, it's just what I have learnt being on these forums (I myself have had warnings before on such matters.

That is a very sensible post you have there Jack.

moesuvious
08-20-2019, 07:44 PM
I'm surmising based on his complaining about being regulated for toxicity that this isn't his first account, and that his previous account got banned for repeated toxicity...and also that this topic is about to be locked.

yeah, i deleted my comment as i was actually thinking of someone else on the last part and not sure if op actually created a thread or was just toxic in a different thread but all is good either way. I doubt its a second account, too much trouble keeping one active for 85 posts as they will catch you unless you use a vpn EVERYTIME you log into the forum as they use an ip ban to go along with username. Could be for sure though but i think most people would of gone back to original account by now unless of course he got a permaban.

tanithghost78
08-20-2019, 08:09 PM
yeah, i deleted my comment as i was actually thinking of someone else on the last part and not sure if op actually created a thread or was just toxic in a different thread but all is good either way. I doubt its a second account, too much trouble keeping one active for 85 posts as they will catch you unless you use a vpn EVERYTIME you log into the forum as they use an ip ban to go along with username. Could be for sure though but i think most people would of gone back to original account by now unless of course he got a permaban.

Nope this is my only account. I don't have access to my original account as i don't have access to the e-mail but you will either believe me or not makes no difference to me either way, Yes my post was sarcastic but it was also my opinion, not set out to inflame anyone or spark a reaction simply an expression of my thoughts. As for implying that i am in some way another poster who is a known troll. That is inflammatory.

xcel30
08-20-2019, 08:13 PM
Never really saw any censorship, my last locked thread i asked for mod to lock it because it was stuck in a argument so instead of scalating until someone was banned i just asked for a lock. People can have their own opinions, they are not criticism free. Most of the locks is when people are calling eachother asshats and so on.

tanithghost78
08-20-2019, 08:15 PM
Never really saw any censorship, my last locked thread i asked for mod to lock it because it was stuck in a argument so instead of scalating until someone was banned i just asked for a lock. People can have their own opinions, they are not criticism free.

Well i was censored for expressing an opinion. Maybe the sarcasm didn't carry but still no reason to remove my post when there are far worse out there

NvTwist74
08-20-2019, 08:20 PM
You may not consider it to be toxic but that doesnít mean itís not toxic to someone else. Every thing anyone post is their opinion but if your opinion posted only contains disdain than it is Toxic.
If you canít add to the topic donít subtract others from it.

moesuvious
08-20-2019, 08:21 PM
Nope this is my only account. Yes my post was sarcastic but it was also my opinion, not set out to inflame anyone or spark a reaction simply an expression of my thoughts. As for implying that i am in some way another poster who is a known troll. That is inflammatory.

If you read my statement again, im clearly saying this is most likely not a duplicate account. What i was referring too when i said i deleted my original post was a different thread that was created today and i thought that thread was yours and the one you were referencing but when i backed out after commenting i realized it was someone else. I believe you that this is your original account. With that being said, and with you saying this is in fact your original account, i dont think people can take you seriously or believe what else you say about your post as the first thing you said in response was that you have been here a very long time but this account was created just this month. So with the info you provided us with, we know at least one part of it to be untrue which could easily lead us to believe the rest to be as well.

YodaMan 3D
08-20-2019, 08:22 PM
Well i was censored for expressing an opinion. Maybe the sarcasm didn't carry but still no reason to remove my post when there are far worse out there

No, your sarcasm carried. Sometimes during hot topics, sarcasm could be considered adding fuel to a fire. Now on some forums, you can contact the CM in PM and ask for an explanation. Not saying they will change their minds, with other CMs it isn't open to discussion. To set hear discuss it with the rest of the community could get their dander up and you could draw extra heat from that.

tanithghost78
08-20-2019, 08:24 PM
If you read my statement again, im clearly saying this is most likely not a duplicate account. What i was referring too when i said i deleted my original post was a different thread that was created today and i thought that thread was yours and the one you were referencing but when i backed out after commenting i realized it was someone else. I believe you that this is your original account. With that being said, and with you saying this is in fact your original account, i dont think people can take you seriously or believe what else you say about your post as the first thing you said in response was that you have been here a very long time but this account was created just this month. So with the info you provided us with, we know at least one part of it to be untrue which could easily lead us to believe the rest to be as well.

And if you read my post you would see that this account was created as i gave lost the password to my original account and can't access it. Ever lost log in details when you don't use a site for a while?

Ubi-RealDude
08-20-2019, 08:27 PM
Discussion of the overall tone and specific discourse within the forums (and community at large) is fine when it stays within the bounds of our forum rules (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules). However, this thread is getting into the realm of discussion of specific moderator actions (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142082&viewfull=1#post10142082) which is against the forum rules. As such I'll be closing the thread.

If you have a question, comment, or concern about a particular action taken by a moderator (this can include deleting comments, closing threads, warnings, infractions, etc.) you are encouraged to privately message that moderator or another community staff member to privately express your concerns. They are not, however, welcome topics for public discussion. Thank you.