PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Tiers are here for THE MASK OF THE IBIS!

Ubi-Bumble
08-20-2019, 06:35 PM
Hey assassins,

It's me, bee. :rolleyes: We are happy to introduce the new difficulty tier system to Helix Rift Events and Helix Rift Challenges!

Starting tomorrow, you will be able to play THE MASK OF THE IBIS with five new difficulty tiers:

Adept - Unlocked at Brotherhood level 7
Novice - Unlocked at Brotherhood level 13
Expert - Unlocked at Brotherhood level 29
Master - Unlocked at Brotherhood level 37
Grandmaster - Unlocked at Brotherhood level 45

Each tier increases in power score team requirements. The higher the tier, the more Data Nodes are awarded for that mission.

Get ready to put your Heroes to the test! I'm interested to know what you think!

Bumble

Update: Q & A
Q1: Do I have to complete Adept before I can attempt any other tiers?
A1: No. You can start at any tier as long as you meet the Brotherhood level requirements.* see question 3

Q2: What if I've beaten mission #5 on Grandmaster? - could I then go straight to mission #5 on Master?
A2: No. You must start all difficulty tiers on mission #1 and progress through them as usual.

Q3: Why am I able to play a difficulty tier when my Brotherhood level is not high enough to unlock it?
A3: If you complete all missions on any difficulty tier, the next tier up unlocks automatically even if you do not meet the Brotherhood level requirements. For example, if you have Brotherhood level 44 and you just completed all missions on Master, Grandmaster will then automatically unlock. You do not have to have 15 stars for this unlock to happen, you just have to succeed in all 5 missions with at least 1 star.

mo-iro
08-20-2019, 07:00 PM
Why tiers aren't unlocked following level of brackets?

berson.AC
08-20-2019, 07:01 PM
Great news
But... Adept before Novice?

martinblanch85
08-20-2019, 07:33 PM
it would be nice if we could now previous to the event start the power level requirements...

torunskipiernik
08-20-2019, 07:50 PM
I will use Ezio (150%), Luciano (175%) with the best possible full gear which gives 2566 POWER and Jean (+200%) with the best possible gear, even with his Paladin's blade (3250 POWER). My Brotherhood lvl is 46. But as U see - I have not Ezio on full stars, his power is only 1993 points. Required amout of power for my lvl is 2,200 for the last mission. But Ezio is my the best option. Many players will have the same problem - not enough power for all heroes. We will see if it could be possible to do it with Jean only. He is so strong, but not undead. But... we wanted challenge and we have challenge :)

gofrygofry
08-20-2019, 09:30 PM
Adept before Novice?
Maybe the developers are from Czechia/Slovakia where "adept" means someone who hasn't even started yet but is about to start something.

DEPRESSIVE-NET
08-20-2019, 11:34 PM
lvl 45 is too soon for the power lvl required!!!

DEPRESSIVE-NET
08-20-2019, 11:47 PM
if i start in tier grandmaster, can i go to tier master in third mission for example? and try to finish in the master; or will I have to start and finish in the master?

LRW-2834
08-21-2019, 06:40 AM
The titles for the first two tiers are ordered incorrectly.
Adept means skilled or proficient. Novice should be the first tier.
I realize English can be tricky. Even those adept at speaking it make mistakes.
Google, however, is easy to use. Even a novice can do it.

See what I did there?

gehenna27
08-21-2019, 07:00 AM
Maybe the developers are from Czechia/Slovakia where "adept" means someone who hasn't even started yet but is about to start something.

Nope: "Behaviour Interactive Inc. is a Canadian video game development studio specializing in the production of 2D and 3D action/adventure games for home video game consoles, handheld game consoles and personal computers."

Ubi-Bumble
08-21-2019, 02:05 PM
if i start in tier grandmaster, can i go to tier master in third mission for example?

No. You have to start at mission #1 if you want to switch from one tier to another.

or will I have to start and finish in the master?

You can start at any difficulty tier you want as long as you meet the Brotherhood level requirements, you aren't forced to complete all missions on your selected tier. For example, you can start on Expert, complete up to mission #4, then start Novice at mission #1 if you like.

Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

Ubi-Bumble
08-21-2019, 02:10 PM
The titles for the first two tiers are ordered incorrectly.
Adept means skilled or proficient. Novice should be the first tier.
I realize English can be tricky. Even those adept at speaking it make mistakes.
Google, however, is easy to use. Even a novice can do it.

See what I did there?

What is...issues we will be resolving in the future?
*ding ding*

In all seriousness, we should be able to reorder the naming in a future update. :rolleyes:

Ima_Smakya
08-22-2019, 05:16 AM
At lvl 43 Im in the bottom of my league. Thats not new. What is new is clearing 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th tiers (last without even %100 bonus, let alone %200). I realize you clear a lvl without bonus then rush with bonus, but this is blatent catering to those that spend their paycheck on acr. I'm not a fan. I can clear last master level all day long, but be in 15th place, because difficulty + pay to win trumps. Why did you break it?

Ima_Smakya
08-22-2019, 05:20 AM
Who cares about the titles? Mistakes happen. More importantly why is the competition multiplied x4 to clear an event? I'm almost endgame. I can imagine how those feel that started yesterday...

Conspi01
08-22-2019, 07:19 AM
I'm on level 45. So I tried difficulty grandmaster. Even on first mission I only got 2 stars. So I tried master. No chance to survive in the final mission. Finally I tried expert. The heroes I played with are all on rank 5, two have rank 5 weapons, one of them also rank 5 armor. None of them survived the final mission! So i have to play novice to complete it?? As level 45?? You are kidding?! I deleted the game immediately. I was afraid, the game could become boring after completing the final story mission, but I could not imagine, it would be that frustrating so quick. Congratulations!!

irritatie
08-22-2019, 09:27 AM
Hi, nice feature, but just a question.

I just finished The Mask of The Ibis on Grandmaster level so I have 15/15 stars
Is there a benefit for also getting 15 stars in the lower tiers or should I just keep rushing the Grandmaster tier?

irritatie
08-22-2019, 09:44 AM
I'm on level 45. So I tried difficulty grandmaster. Even on first mission I only got 2 stars. So I tried master. No chance to survive in the final mission. Finally I tried expert. The heroes I played with are all on rank 5, two have rank 5 weapons, one of them also rank 5 armor. None of them survived the final mission! So i have to play novice to complete it?? As level 45?? You are kidding?! I deleted the game immediately. I was afraid, the game could become boring after completing the final story mission, but I could not imagine, it would be that frustrating so quick. Congratulations!!

Should be possible, I just finished all the Grandmaster missions on level 45.
The final mission is a bit tricky but not impossible.
I used Luciano (Ruthless blades), Baltasar (Dogged Halberd, Enduring Plate) and Rosa (Silent Falchion) all 5 star ranked and at level 45.
Just think wisely when to use your special powers, and don't forget to withdraw Rosa from the fight before she dies.

Dellers
08-22-2019, 10:28 AM
I think it's way too steep. Novice has a requirement of level 13. I'm level 45 and have to play on novice, and am struggling with the combination of jumps and chests on mission 5. Payouts are awful, as I used to get over 30k points for the last event missions just a few months ago. Now I can only get +-20k on this one, and on the second lowest tier the last mission is still harder than back then. I lack the materials to get good gear for my heroes, and can't get enough DNA since gear is limiting my farming progress and event progress.
Rares are useless, since you actually need heroes a few hundred points above required level to have decent percentages or fighting capabilities. I wish I could get Ezio higher, but he's been level 2 for months. No events for him, and anything less than level 5 isn't worth anything these days.

VaIius
08-22-2019, 11:56 AM
This is the worst game update since patch 2.5. Here the question is asked what could be worse than a whole bunch of bugs, errors, copy-paste missions, and the stupidest method in the form of increasing the enemies' HP, instead of coming up with new unique enemies in unique locations. But it turned out that there is still much further to break through the bottom. I have a 45 level of brotherhood, I use 3 assassins: Luciano 5 * + 5 * weapons, Maya 5 * + 4 * weapons and Jorge 5 * + 5 * weapons. As a result, with this setup I can’t successfully complete the 5th mission on the "expert" difficulty. The difficulty "expert" is for level 27. WTF?

UncappedWheel82
08-22-2019, 02:28 PM
So like many others here, I tried Grand Master, and Master, and yeah, the difficulty curve is pretty high. I guess it is meant for those who have Level 5 gear (which I don't).

Anyway, what are the stars for? I decided to just go through all the tiers and to get as many stars as I could. I've already beaten Novice and Adept, so what will I get at the end of the event if I have all 15 stars in the first 3 tiers, and a few star in the later tiers?

Ubi-Bumble
08-22-2019, 03:05 PM
So like many others here, I tried Grand Master, and Master, and yeah, the difficulty curve is pretty high. I guess it is meant for those who have Level 5 gear (which I don't).

Grand Master is intentionally difficult, it's the top tier for a reason. The next time the Helix Rift Event/Challenge comes back, your Heroes will be stronger, you will have crafted better Gear Items, etc.

Anyway, what are the stars for? I decided to just go through all the tiers and to get as many stars as I could. I've already beaten Novice and Adept, so what will I get at the end of the event if I have all 15 stars in the first 3 tiers, and a few star in the later tiers?

Currently, there are no additional rewards for obtaining all or a certain number of stars at this time, but there may be in the future. ;)

Hope this helps!

UncappedWheel82
08-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Grand Master is intentionally difficult, it's the top tier for a reason. The next time the Helix Rift Event/Challenge comes back, your Heroes will be stronger, you will have crafted better Gear Items, etc.

Currently, there are no additional rewards for obtaining all or a certain number of stars at this time, but there may be in the future. ;)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response. My highest level characters are level 31, but they all have 4-star gear, and are Rank-5. Because of this, I ALWAYS over estimate my characters, so yeah, I wasn't salty or anything when I realized my characters weren't ready for that mission tier, I was just surprised at how NOT ready they were for it.

I am happy there is hope that some star rewards may come in the future for these missions. I'm looking forward to a time when you can have a good ranking on the leader boards without having to spend hundreds of credits to buy more points for those missions.

Now that I think about it, that is sort of what the tiers do. Those who have actually played the game and level up, will definitely go farther than those who haven't. That being said, I guess if you spend enough money, you can still buy yourself a victory. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ima_Smakya
08-23-2019, 02:16 AM
Exactly. Capitalism is taking over. Those that were waiting on Region 5 had no trouble completing it. Now it's a mat farm in which they have to spend money.
Despite my resolution I bought 300 rift tokens, despite the shadow toons, lag and black boxes not being addressed before adding the wonderful tiers.
I'm in 30th place for my class (40-45 or whatever) after another $50 ($100 total) spent on this game. I'll be lucky to promote kensa, and bayek has no chance.
I'm not spending another dime until this is rectified, and after I spend what's left uninstall is looking better and better. It's my money, not daddy's. Don't get me started on the sudden popups every other screen!
You make enough money without ads!

torunskipiernik
08-23-2019, 01:59 PM
In some parts I agree with U but in some parts not.
U complaining about grandmaster difficulty lvl. This lvl is not for everyone. Only for real bad-*** players. I have full 5stars gear for my Luciano and for Jean and this Paladin's blade for him. My Ezio is 3 stars only, but last mission is possible to do. I do not rush, I do it manualy every time to obtain bonus chests. And my heroes barely survive, sometimes Ezio or Luciano dies. But this is grandmaster. Of course, fact that Luciano has so loooooooow agility sucks so bad (even with t5 full gear). But this is grandmaster, I was hope there will be a challange. And at last I have it. If U want to be badass U must invest some time to this game (check treasury, do regullary Legacy missions).
About lower level difficulties - I completly agree. It should be as hard as it was. I did not tried it, but when I read U guys I'm surprised that other difficulties lvls also grew up. It should not happen.
Also I agree we had not Ezio's DNA event for a long long time and it is time to change it.
And U know - U can not have a grudge that some players still buy Helix. I agree, there sould be some limits, because in this form it is aberration.

Ima_Smakya
08-23-2019, 04:16 PM
I can only comlete 1st and 2nd tiers and half of 3rd. I bought dna cubes and intel to farm dna. I understand where bee was coming from with the higher being intentionally difficult.
I'm not upset about spenders, I am one. I want to help Ubisoft. I just think lower levels couldn't keep up with those doing Master/Grandmaster. I also use 3 T5 in all 4s gear.
Maybe they should be in a different league so we can get more progression and more than 25 Bayek dna LOL.

Ima_Smakya
08-23-2019, 04:18 PM
Fun fact: cinnabar was a poison used by the Mayas in the 500s to protect tombs ;)

StuntmanDan84
08-24-2019, 12:14 AM
I certainly think Ubi need to do some balancing on these difficulty levels for future events. I understand that grand master is difficult and effectively only for rank 5 heroes with tier 5 gear. But the other difficulty levels are way too difficult.

For example take the final mission on master difficulty. Sticking with the sync bonus heroes, I have Luciano at rank 5 with tier 5 weapon and armour, Ezio and Jean both at rank 4 with tier 4 gear. All are well above the min requirements but I was not able to 3 star the mission with them as Jean and Ezio are effectively useless (low chances, low health, damage etc). Instead I 3 starred it using Luciano, Alvaro (rank 5 with all rank 5 gear) and Yusuf (rank 5 with tier 5 weapon and accessory). Even with those way overpowered heroes it wasn’t exactly easy.

Ima_Smakya
08-24-2019, 12:25 AM
Exactly. Maybe there need to be level requirements for the tiers. I shouldn't be competing against your arsenal for sure! :D

halil_ibrhm
08-24-2019, 10:56 AM
Hey on top of all the comments regarding the difficulty curve id like to add the resulting reward decrease. Before the update i guess the overall difficulty was somewhere between tier 3 and tier 4 of now but the rewards were like grandmaster? I appreciate the rare crafting material for +1m points which makes sense but because of the tweak now i can earn 1/3 of the rewards i used to get. SO if an average players get less rewards than before how they are supposed to collect dna fragments and go on? I used to get 600k points or so and an average place of 30-40 on the list which was providing me good dna fragments and i was hoping to get 5* epic and legendary heroes in a few months. Now ending up with 250k points and over +100 on the listing I got no chance of collecting the required dna fragments.

In short yes reward the best players having +1m points with rare materials or whatsoever but please do not halve the rewards us/average players used to get. If this goes like it is now I will have no hope of ever having 5* toons and without hope you know how it goes for online games.

Bests

tom01255
08-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Really liking the difficulty tiers. They add an extra level of challenge to events. A lot of people have noted that adept and novice should be swapped around - a simple labelling fix.

It would be awesome if you could add rewards for clearing all 15 stars in each difficulty tier. Even if it was just coins, it would add an extra incentive to play through them all and strategically add the pay off decision on whether people go just for the leaderboards or get all the rewards. Something to think about anyway...

StuntmanDan84
08-24-2019, 03:40 PM
So I did a bit of maths to see if I could determine what the optimum difficulty to grind. I have Luciano, Ezio and Jean at 175% bonus. The base reward for the final mission with those heroes is 27.3k @ grandmaster, 21.8k @ master, 17.7k @ expert, 15k @ novice and 13.6k @ novice. I can rush it at grandmaster and get that 27k easily. But I’m not able to manually complete it with those heroes and collect the crates at either grandmaster or master. I haven’t played any of expert yet, but I would assume I should be able to collect at least some of the crates. I would need at least 9.5k to make it worthwhile, which would probably need at least 3 crates and a good bit of luck. So i’ll continue to rush it at grandmaster.

LORD_NlMROD
08-25-2019, 07:24 AM
This update might be based on a good idea to introduce tiers, but the way it is implemented right now makes the whole game much worse.

I can understand players who uninstall the game entirely. This change will frustrate and alienate all players who don't spend money and aren't already far advanced in the game, as now progress has been slowed down so brutally for anyone but the whales.

It is getting increasingly more difficult to catch up for new players, as whales dominate the leaderboard, eventually just getting Database Credits for event heroes they already have, while the other players gain less and less DNA - even for players like me on level 47 with 5* heroes (but not much 5* gear due to the rare crafting material drops) progress has slowed down drastically. For newer players it must be a crawl up a steep hill - I can't imagine that many will be motivated to keep at it.

This update really makes the game frustrating, this is worse than the overpriced elite training room and even worse than Region 5 this update shows players who are collecting DNA for 60 different heroes that only 5* Legendary heroes with 5* gear are useful, everyone else is trash.
I have all heroes, but most of them I have never played and never will, because on rank 3 or rank 4 they are still useless.

Is that really the kind of game you want to make? Newer players have less and less incentive to keep playing, as you only cater to the most advanced who spend the most, and the game quickly becomes so unreasonably hard (without the missions becoming more challenging or fun) that for playing missions only 5* can be considered, and only when they have at least some 5* gear. Anyone even on 4* is completely useless for Rift Events and Region 5 and will never be played, they are just an item on the grinding checklist - which now got harder to do, since you made the events so much worse.

This will cost you players in the long run. Please keep the game fair, without slashing hopes of progression for new players, and generally, instead of watering down the game by introducing ridiculous new power requirements and drawing out the grind by making crafting material drops so rare to try and milk more from players, please put some work into making missions more challenging by requiring better gameplay choices, not just longer grinding for better gear and max. DNA - you know, making the game more fun, and maybe introducing new ways to make players play missions with many different heroes (even less advanced ones) instead of always the same top ones.

It's fine that the rare crafting material should be hard to get, by the way, but just making us grind longer to win the drop lottery often enough is a lazy and frustrating solution. Please give us something challenging to do instead that gives rewards, and doesn't just require more months spent grinding through loot missions.

Lately you are adding a lot of new content, but that does not equal more fun. The latest changes just made the game more tedious and more frustrating.

For me personally, rather than making me keep playing for many more months, like I have, you have now raised my likelihood to have enough of the game altogether and quit once and for all. When I quit, that's probably no big loss for you, but I imagine that many, especially less advanced players will feel the same way.

MaximusRey
08-26-2019, 12:20 AM
I don't know if tiers make a whole lot of difference. I'm ftp. and didn't spend any credits and only been rerunning the last stage on novice. I'm still top 10. maybe ppl are trying less

Ima_Smakya
08-26-2019, 02:56 AM
Bullsh** I can't wait wait for my credits to recharge to maintain low 30's ranking (almost lvl 45). Maybe you're paying or in a lower class. Keep in mind the last 24 hrs of events are when you can drop out of ranking altogether.

This is a rip and dps allstars is coming up.. How do you think that'll go with tiers? How about blue and green allstar events?!

UncappedWheel82
08-26-2019, 03:39 PM
Where did you guys rank in the event this time around? And what did you do to get your rank?

I ended up in rank 10. I was able to get all 15 stars in Adept and Novice, and was only able to get 14 stars in Expert. I was also able to get a few stars in Master, but not enough to rush and get enough points and make any difference. Anyway, because I couldn't get all the start in the 5 mission of Expert, the most lucrative mission for me to rush was Mission 5 in the Novice tier, so I rushed that repeatedly. Yesterday I also used some credit to refill my Helix points.

Maybe next go around I can beat Expert, but then again probably not. I'm not planning on taking any of my characters to 41 just yet. I'm assuming once I do I may be able to easily beat Expert, and also get a bit farther in Master, but I really have no clue.

Ima_Smakya
08-26-2019, 09:13 PM
I was the same as you, I came in the 10th class with just under 300k. I didn't buy helix, so I decided to use some I'd been saving just so I could promote both toons once. Before buying those 100 tickets I was struggling around 30th place.

I went straight to Master, and got the first 3 then lost bonuses due to power score (the curve is ridiculously unbalanced, went from like 1800 to 2800). I had to go down to T3 and just farmed the last level.

MaximusRey
08-27-2019, 11:23 AM
8th