PDA

View Full Version : What's the easiest way to get Pestilence?

eskimosound
08-18-2019, 03:28 AM
So I've been grinding away and now have all of the Exotic weapons (Yes Lullaby and Ruthless as well)
except for Eagle Bearer and Pestilence...
I know Eagle Bearer is just a full run of Raid...I've played a bit if Discovery and I don't like it.
Pestilence however is from the DZ...landmarks in occupied according to what I read but is there an easier way?
I'm level 13 DZ and don't enjoy it, I'm always on edge and I hate getting murdered by some rogue agent...
https://i.ibb.co/4RdH7QJ/save-8-01.png (https://ibb.co/yFSrX3V)
https://i.ibb.co/CtJ2Js8/IMG-13612d52-4128-4422-b540-f98a2c1e69f5.png (https://ibb.co/3sfzfYd)

tcarlisle2012
08-18-2019, 03:35 AM
I got mine in the normalized, e.g. not occupied. I am sure of that, because I don;t go in the ODZ. Yes, it dropped from a boss after clearing a landmark. And yeah, you have to extract it.

bobwalt
08-18-2019, 03:38 AM
I got mine in the normalized, e.g. not occupied. I am sure of that, because I don;t go in the ODZ. Yes, it dropped from a boss after clearing a landmark. And yeah, you have to extract it.

Yep, I got all four of mine that way,

Migrayne1
08-18-2019, 03:40 AM
Stupid RNG in this game. Ive cleared tons of landmarks in both normalized and occupied and it only dropped once long ago.

Sidebar... if a landmark boss kills you that is ok but if another player does its not..

eskimosound
08-18-2019, 03:46 AM
Stupid RNG in this game. Ive cleared tons of landmarks in both normalized and occupied and it only dropped once long ago.

Sidebar... if a landmark boss kills you that is ok but if another player does its not..
What do you mean if another player kills you it's not ok?

eskimosound
08-18-2019, 03:47 AM
I'm bound to lose it on an extraction...

Techwiznot2
08-18-2019, 04:48 AM
Gotten four of them so far in NDZ.

jmart83
08-18-2019, 05:20 AM
I've looted nearly a dozen so far, but I am usually in the dark zone. It drops off of bosses and players that have one. I recommend killing everything.

Bu7asan
08-18-2019, 05:33 AM
I got my Pestilence from LUCY and my Eagle Bearer from WEASEL.

MatteScroll363
08-18-2019, 08:34 AM
So I've been grinding away and now have all of the Exotic weapons (Yes Lullaby and Ruthless as well)
I know Eagle Bearer is just a full run of Raid...I've played a bit if Discovery and I don't like it.
Pestilence however is from the DZ...landmarks in occupied according to what I read but is there an easier way?
I'm level 13 DZ and don't enjoy it, I'm always on edge and I hate getting murdered by some rogue agent...
https://i.ibb.co/CtJ2Js8/IMG-13612d52-4128-4422-b540-f98a2c1e69f5.png (https://ibb.co/3sfzfYd)

RnG but the dark zone is the quickest to get the pestilence. But 2 extractions in the dz set one of and run to the other and extract from there. If its way busy very unlikely just go to check point and log out switch server.

eskimosound
08-18-2019, 10:58 AM
RnG but the dark zone is the quickest to get the pestilence. But 2 extractions in the dz set one of and run to the other and extract from there. If its way busy very unlikely just go to check point and log out switch server.
Oh hey I like it...so you set one off, they all go to that one and you use another one...cunning...

tanithghost78
08-18-2019, 11:01 AM
Dinner at my ex-wifes house though you may get more than just pestilence

SamanthaMarcus
08-18-2019, 01:42 PM
Dz West seems to drop it more that the other two

bobwalt
08-18-2019, 02:02 PM
My problem is Merciless and Sweet Dreams

eskimosound
08-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Dz West seems to drop it more that the other two
Thanks just been running around East clearing Landmarks with 2 Rogues nicking all my gear, thankfully it never dropped but that's the problem I'm going to have.
I absolutely hated the DZ in D1 and now I'm beginning to hate this one.
Out of interest how do you actually go Rogue in D2?
(Missing 2 Hunter Masks!)
https://i.ibb.co/tYHWZNN/save-10.png (https://ibb.co/p419Wss)

SamanthaMarcus
08-18-2019, 03:50 PM
Thanks just been running around East clearing Landmarks with 2 Rogues nicking all my gear, thankfully it never dropped but that's the problem I'm going to have.
I absolutely hated the DZ in D1 and now I'm beginning to hate this one.
Out of interest how do you actually go Rogue in D2?
(Missing 2 Hunter Masks!)
https://i.ibb.co/tYHWZNN/save-10.png (https://ibb.co/p419Wss)
Dunno never gone rogue lol

Ranger_Logan
08-19-2019, 08:02 AM
Well, Ubisoft said that this exotic drops from doing Outcast strongholds in the DZ. So after doing ~100 of them & not a single dropped, while everyone in my group had the chance to have it drop twice, I decided to take a break & do a Hyena stronghold in the DZ. What do you know... it dropped! Last night, at my 1st Hyena stronghold in the DZ.

eskimosound
08-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Well, Ubisoft said that this exotic drops from doing Outcast strongholds in the DZ. So after doing ~100 of them & not a single dropped, while everyone in my group had the chance to have it drop twice, I decided to take a break & do a Hyena stronghold in the DZ. What do you know... it dropped! Last night, at my 1st Hyena stronghold in the DZ.

Thanks for the insight...which DZ?
Oh and what DZ level are you?

Ranger_Logan
08-19-2019, 11:14 AM
I maxed out. Did Outcast DZ strongholds until the last rank. It doesn't matter which one you do, just pick a DZ that has Outcast strongholds in it. But like I said, it finally dropped when I accidentally did a Hyena DZ stronghold for the 1st time!

So... I'm not sure if this was a bug, bad interpretation of Ubisoft information or just RNG luck.

RIVEN13
08-20-2019, 01:24 PM

Iím in the same boat! Iíve cleared who howís how many landmarks (all factions) on every difficulty and have yet to even see one. Also with how many times Iíve run outcast missions I have yet to get a Sweet Dreams exotic to drop

eskimosound
08-20-2019, 01:42 PM
Iím in the same boat! Iíve cleared who howís how many landmarks (all factions) on every difficulty and have yet to even see one. Also with how many times Iíve run outcast missions I have yet to get a Sweet Dreams exotic to drop

Sweet Dreams drops at DCD Headquarters...I had to run it loads of times, it doesn't matter which difficulty but Hard is a good one...I've got 2 so I could get the Lullaby upgrade....it took 2 weeks doing it loads of times every day!!
Good luck...
That's what I was expecting for Pestilence...a mission I can grind...

SGT.ROCK_EASYCo
08-20-2019, 03:36 PM
You can have one of mine. They are useless.

eskimosound
08-20-2019, 03:40 PM
You can have one of mine. They are useless.
Yes please, it's just to finish my collection...how do you give it me? I'm on now, XBox...

SGT.ROCK_EASYCo
08-20-2019, 03:54 PM
I am on PC, not sure how but if we can connect I will give you one.

eskimosound
08-20-2019, 03:59 PM
I am on PC, not sure how but if we can connect I will give you one.
Pretty sure we can't cross platforms but thanks for the offer...
Maybe you could post a picture of it!!

Acidic__Thought
08-20-2019, 06:09 PM
Yes please, it's just to finish my collection...how do you give it me? I'm on now, XBox...
If you werenít there when it dropped, it canít be shared with you.

eskimosound
08-20-2019, 06:55 PM
If you werenít there when it dropped, it canít be shared with you.
I never knew that, thanks ..
Been in the DZ all day, I've got to level 47 and will be 50 by the end of the day.
I've have 4 Yaarl pieces, 3 of which I extracted and deconstructed (I'm trying to get 50) and 1 which I deconstructed in the DZ thinking I might get the parts but I didn't!! (It was contaminated, I should have extracted it...it looked pretty cool.. rucksack)
But no Pestilence...which I'm ok about because I don't want to get it and then a Rogue to nick it off me...

moesuvious
08-20-2019, 07:39 PM
this game is so weird. Ive spent maybe 4-5 hours in the dz total but got mine within the first 10-15 minutes of ever playing it. Good luck on getting it to drop.

Acidic__Thought
08-20-2019, 07:58 PM
I never knew that, thanks ..
Been in the DZ all day, I've got to level 47 and will be 50 by the end of the day.
I've have 4 Yaarl pieces, 3 of which I extracted and deconstructed (I'm trying to get 50) and 1 which I deconstructed in the DZ thinking I might get the parts but I didn't!! (It was contaminated, I should have extracted it...it looked pretty cool.. rucksack)
But no Pestilence...which I'm ok about because I don't want to get it and then a Rogue to nick it off me...

To further clarify, not only do you have to be there when it drops, but you also only have 2 hours for it to be shareable.

eskimosound
08-20-2019, 09:42 PM
To further clarify, not only do you have to be there when it drops, but you also only have 2 hours for it to be shareable.
Thanks

KnightGhostbear
08-21-2019, 12:27 AM
LOL, funny story about Pestilence. Just last night, I legit had a dream I was in the DZ and trying to extract a gear set item and some green gear set colored LMG, which while it wasnt the Pestilence, it basically was my dreams interpretation of the Pestilence. I got to the extract, had some people try to kill me and take it, hijacked the drop, but ultimately they lost it and I picked it back up.......my dream ended and I woke up before I found out the results. It was more based in Division 1 as well lol........

eskimosound
08-21-2019, 12:53 AM
LOL, funny story about Pestilence. Just last night, I legit had a dream I was in the DZ and trying to extract a gear set item and some green gear set colored LMG, which while it wasnt the Pestilence, it basically was my dreams interpretation of the Pestilence. I got to the extract, had some people try to kill me and take it, hijacked the drop, but ultimately they lost it and I picked it back up.......my dream ended and I woke up before I found out the results. It was more based in Division 1 as well lol........
If you are dreaming about it, you need some down time!!!

KnightGhostbear
08-21-2019, 01:01 AM
If you are dreaming about it, you need some down time!!!

Lol, I barely even play Div 2. Been spending alot of time at A: work and B: in Division 1.

As for dreaming and needing downtime? TO be sure, my work needs to chill the hell out. Ive legit had countless dreams of driving vans, getting in wrecks, dreaming that I wish I was driving trains and was in training. Yes, you could say ive gone insane. Any time I hear dings, rings, chings, chongs, chimes, and any kind of 'phone ring' sound, I legit jump....I swear my job has given me phone ring PTSD......

eskimosound
08-21-2019, 01:15 AM
Lol, I barely even play Div 2. Been spending alot of time at A: work and B: in Division 1.

As for dreaming and needing downtime? TO be sure, my work needs to chill the hell out. Ive legit had countless dreams of driving vans, getting in wrecks, dreaming that I wish I was driving trains and was in training. Yes, you could say ive gone insane. Any time I hear dings, rings, chings, chongs, chimes, and any kind of 'phone ring' sound, I legit jump....I swear my job has given me phone ring PTSD......
Ha...don't you think your D1 character runs funny compared to D2...he's sort of Cloppy...
Also the guns are so unstable...my AR just rides up in D1, you have to aim at the feet as it slowly rides up the body to the head...
And don't get me started on gear score, I can't get mine up to 290...best I can get is 286....I just can't find the gear. I've got 1 piece that's GS294 and that's it after years of playing!!
Plus I've got 0% completion on Survival, I just can't do it at all!!
So yep D2 is miles better!!!

KnightGhostbear
08-21-2019, 01:24 AM
Ha...don't you think your D1 character runs funny compared to D2...he's sort of Cloppy...
Also the guns are so unstable...my AR just rides up in D1, you have to aim at the feet as it slowly rides up the body to the head...
And don't get me started on gear score, I can't get mine up to 290...best I can get is 286....I just can't find the gear. I've got 1 piece that's GS294 and that's it after years of playing!!
Plus I've got 0% completion on Survival, I just can't do it at all!!
So yep D2 is miles better!!!

In D2 it jiggles around, or in the case of the M60, it sways back and forth(and that sway is beyond annoying), even with beyond maxed stability
Honestly, I have little issue with the recoil in Div 1. Either stab mods, or burst fire, or just get closer.
Survival definitely takes a whole new playstyle to what you normally play. It definitely returns you to the days when you first started, cover, dont get in over your head. Survival basically requires you to turn your brain on to play. No more standing in the street, chicken dancing with the AI, mindlessly shooting everything. Ive not had toooo much issue with it. Only times I die is when I do get over zealous, or the controls dont work. Like, space-space to roll away, somehow equals ctrl climb the car....

RIVEN13
08-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Sweet Dreams drops at DCD Headquarters...I had to run it loads of times, it doesn't matter which difficulty but Hard is a good one...I've got 2 so I could get the Lullaby upgrade....it took 2 weeks doing it loads of times every day!!
Good luck...
That's what I was expecting for Pestilence...a mission I can grind...

Thanks! So I was wondering. On DCD if you kill the boss right away and they donít drop the sweet dreams, can you just die and retry from the checkpoint instead of playing it all over??

eskimosound
08-21-2019, 09:59 PM
Thanks! So I was wondering. On DCD if you kill the boss right away and they donít drop the sweet dreams, can you just die and retry from the checkpoint instead of playing it all over??
It's the Boss right at the end!!!
So you wont gain anything..

RIVEN13
08-27-2019, 12:38 PM
It's the Boss right at the end!!!
So you wont gain anything..

Yesterday played in the West DZ and after two Challenging Landmarks I got the Pestilence! Was able to extract it and everything. The funny thing was that after my team did View Point Museum on Heroic and I got another Pestilence from the boss 😂

Thanks for the Sweet Dreams help. I ended up getting it on the Federal Emergency Bunker.

With the exotic blueprint upgrades. Whatís the point of upgrading if the GS of my exotics are already 500? The damage range on the blueprint is the same number. For example the chatter box says 17.6K-17.6K. So if my chatterbox already does that whatís the point?

str8Upskillz
08-27-2019, 02:45 PM
Yesterday played in the West DZ and after two Challenging Landmarks I got the Pestilence! Was able to extract it and everything. The funny thing was that after my team did View Point Museum on Heroic and I got another Pestilence from the boss 😂

Thanks for the Sweet Dreams help. I ended up getting it on the Federal Emergency Bunker.

With the exotic blueprint upgrades. Whatís the point of upgrading if the GS of my exotics are already 500? The damage range on the blueprint is the same number. For example the chatter box says 17.6K-17.6K. So if my chatterbox already does that whatís the point?

GS500 Upgrade Blueprints are just if you have an exotic that isnít at 500 then you can upgrade it to max rolls. Congrats on Sweet Dreams I should of never deconstructed my first one now itís hell trying to find it again.

eskimosound
09-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Hey guys just wanted to tell you I got it!!.
It's thanks to one Guy who shall remain nameless but hooked up with me and played in the DZ until we got it.
May the Force Be With You!!!!
https://i.ibb.co/1Q16hnG/Screenshot-20190901-195058-01.jpg (https://ibb.co/YQmZYWB)

Now it's just the Eagle Bearer...I will concentrate on Raid in the up coming weeks...

jmart83
09-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Good job dude

Zathras23
09-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Dinner at my ex-wifes house though you may get more than just pestilence

Plague, Famine and Death are there too?

eskimosound
09-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Good job dude
Thanks..

Plague, Famine and Death are there too?
Lol, it makes you wonder why you married her..

Sprayz_the_Area
09-01-2019, 09:30 PM
Hey guys just wanted to tell you I got it!!.
It's thanks to one Guy who shall remain nameless but hooked up with me and played in the DZ until we got it.
May the Force Be With You!!!!

Maybe just crazy RNG on my part, but I've gotten it 5 or 6 times now. Seems like it only drops from True Sons, but I guess I could be wrong. First time I was all nervous that I wouldn't be able to extract it. After that I wanted it for deconstructing and now I don't even bother.

eskimosound
09-01-2019, 10:17 PM
Maybe just crazy RNG on my part, but I've gotten it 5 or 6 times now. Seems like it only drops from True Sons, but I guess I could be wrong. First time I was all nervous that I wouldn't be able to extract it. After that I wanted it for deconstructing and now I don't even bother.
Its 18k DMG and seems to do better than the 27k DMG LMG I've got!! I don't know why, it handles better and as I say seems to rip through enemies a lot quicker...
Managed to extract very easily, in fact made my struggle to get it a joke...

str8Upskillz
09-01-2019, 11:43 PM
Its 18k DMG and seems to do better than the 27k DMG LMG I've got!! I don't know why, it handles better and as I say seems to rip through enemies a lot quicker...

Ya itís cause nobody is in DZ these days just speedrunning raid.. I seem to get a pestilence every time I hit a landmark though. Sweet Dreams on the other hand is still evading capture.. Only one missing on my wall.

Sprayz_the_Area
09-01-2019, 11:53 PM

I think it's a decent LMG, with my LMG build it's 23K vs 36K M60 E6 and for things like clearing CP4s, I think the M60 shreds the elites better. The Pestilence is nice for running around casual stuff mission areas and maybe good for missions. But the procs always seems to go off in bad places and never affects the other NPCs. I have the same back and forth with the infantry MG5. I like that it sprays like a submachine gun and that's fun for running around clearing the various activity. But I piss through so much ammo trying to kill the elites that I sometimes run out, while I rarely run out with the M60

Not to be a buzzkill, Grats on getting it and enjoy it to the fullest if you think it's better. I was more commenting that some people have complained about never getting it, while I've been getting it just doing the daily DZ quests.

YodaMan 3D
09-02-2019, 12:09 AM
@Eskimosound

Congrats!

eskimosound
09-02-2019, 12:25 AM
@Eskimosound

Congrats!
Thanks!!
😜

eskimosound
09-02-2019, 12:32 AM
Ya itís cause nobody is in DZ these days just speedrunning raid.. I seem to get a pestilence every time I hit a landmark though. Sweet Dreams on the other hand is still evading capture.. Only one missing on my wall.
Ah well there you go, I've got 3 Sweet Dreams 1 I turned into the Lullaby because it looks much better...with the buffs I'm getting 219k DMG but the aiming is a pain and you find you run out of 8 shells quickly then your guy struggles to put a shell in and fire and you are stuttering all over the show not firing a thing whilst madly mashing the trigger....still it's very nice to have...

eskimosound
09-02-2019, 12:36 AM
I think it's a decent LMG, with my LMG build it's 23K vs 36K M60 E6 and for things like clearing CP4s, I think the M60 shreds the elites better. The Pestilence is nice for running around casual stuff mission areas and maybe good for missions. But the procs always seems to go off in bad places and never affects the other NPCs. I have the same back and forth with the infantry MG5. I like that it sprays like a submachine gun and that's fun for running around clearing the various activity. But I piss through so much ammo trying to kill the elites that I sometimes run out, while I rarely run out with the M60

Not to be a buzzkill, Grats on getting it and enjoy it to the fullest if you think it's better. I was more commenting that some people have complained about never getting it, while I've been getting it just doing the daily DZ quests.
Yeah, it looks great too...I've been using it all afternoon since I've got it and I'm not disappointed, I even like the sound of it..!!
So my Alpha build had lost Nemesis then Sweet Dreams....and is has now got Pestilence..
Those gloves though...I've just run Camp White Oak on Challenging 2x in a row and got a load of Green stuff, that's all that drops for me there..loads and loads of Green Gear..

TD2-Agent
09-02-2019, 12:41 AM

You can get it also in non-occupied DZ.

eskimosound
09-02-2019, 12:48 AM
You can get it also in non-occupied DZ.
All sorted TD2 thanks..

Shipp71
09-02-2019, 10:05 AM
I laugh my *** off at people using a Sweet Dreams to upgrade a Lullaby. Sweet Dreams is the best shotgun in the game and Lullaby is tied for the worst. You literally just tried to polish a turd. The best way to upgrade Lullaby is to put it in your cache and never use it again.

eskimosound
09-02-2019, 10:49 AM
I laugh my *** off at people using a Sweet Dreams to upgrade a Lullaby. Sweet Dreams is the best shotgun in the game and Lullaby is tied for the worst. You literally just tried to polish a turd. The best way to upgrade Lullaby is to put it in your cache and never use it again.
Err...you do know that Lullaby is purely a COSMETIC upgrade...it's just changes the look of it and NOTHING else....

D-Y-N-4-M-O
09-02-2019, 11:22 AM
I havenít read all the posts in here so if this has already been suggested, apologises.

Easiest way is the ODZ. Reason being, the extraction time is faster in there and a lot of the time everyoneís fighting at the checkpoints

D-Y-N-4-M-O
09-02-2019, 11:24 AM
Err...you do know that Lullaby is purely a COSMETIC upgrade...it's just changes the look of it and NOTHING else....

I heard the recoil patterns are different

eskimosound
09-02-2019, 02:01 PM
I heard the recoil patterns are different
I've used them, they are not.

eskimosound
09-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Another day of Pestilence..and loving it..
Works very well in missions...
Looks great!!
Just got to get used to the long reload.. does the liberty pistol help somehow?

eskimosound
09-03-2019, 11:55 PM
I'm still using it, it's great!!
I love the cloud of Yellow Pestilence it makes!!

eskimosound
09-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Still using this as my second weapon over a week now and it's excellent, I honestly don't know why you guys don't like it..