PDA

View Full Version : Terribly disappointed over expedition

GameJumper765
08-17-2019, 05:27 AM
The last few weeks have been hectic for me: vacation, kids going back to school, birthdays... Well, after playing daily since launch, I was not able to play for a few weeks. I did the library at the college, but the next week, life got in the way so I didn't play again until today. I was excited to finally have 6 hours of uninterrupted game time to finish up the expedition, try the discovery raid and play on my map. I even saw when I logged on that the reward for completing the expedition would be an exotic weapon. Wow, cool. Then I was crushed to find out that the expedition was closed. What!?!

I then just logged out. That killed any desire to play. Even though I was not terribly impressed the first week that this expedition was open (I was hoping for a leveling system like Underground), I still wanted to finish.

You already have my money (including season pass) so I guess there is no incentive to keep me around, even though I love this game. As far as your episodes being free, I guess this shows that you get what you pay for.

I will keep an eye out for info on updates but in the meantime, I am off to other adventures.

Sparkynuts1985
08-17-2019, 05:38 AM
Honestly, at this point, there isn't a single thing Massive has done to show me they aren't a collection of mental invalids (aside from whomever handles the graphics, those are amazing). Every single gameplay based decision has been handled as poorly as could be. For a game that suffers from a lack of content they can't afford to remove DLC that wasn't broken.

I can't wait until Borderlands 3 drops, I can take 6 months to a year off of this game and maybe by the time I decide to return they'll have pulled their heads out and this won't be such a pitifully mediocre game.

jmart83
08-17-2019, 06:19 AM
That sucks you missed it, but the gun itself isn't that good anyway. Unless you're running sharpshooter and dialed in it kicks way too hard.

It has high damage but a painfully slow reload. Since it can only carry 5 rounds missing a shot is overly punishing.

Techwiznot2
08-17-2019, 06:35 AM
I like mine. Dialled in with SS its a change from AR's & LMG's.

GameJumper765
08-17-2019, 06:44 AM
It is not just about the weapon. I am a collector but I don't work on builds or maxing gear. So that is a disappointment I can get over. It is more that this new game mode came and went in the blink of an eye. If they want to cycle them, great, but have something new open as one closes. At that point, episode 1 would be something worth logging on to play.

jmart83
08-17-2019, 06:47 AM
I like mine. Dialled in with SS its a change from AR's & LMG's.

I traded my lmg in. I still use the ar for longer distance though.

kniVes-6-
08-17-2019, 09:53 AM
You're fine, the content was woefully dull tbh.. It looked pretty with little to no substance and again only a thumbs up to the world builders at Massive.

CassiousCloud
08-17-2019, 10:37 AM
If I'm gonna use any rifle that only shoots 5 rounds,it's gonna be a sniper rifle like my Hunting M44 that will do more damage and reload faster..
About the only use I'm finding for my snake gun is the exotic components it will make.

Shango_Agi
08-17-2019, 08:59 PM
Name of the OP checks out.

WickedBadz
08-17-2019, 09:55 PM
They closed it because they accidentally put a loot farm in and god forbid you’d get loot in this game, they don’t want that. They expect you to grind 1000+ hours for junk and they toss a better roll on a low level clan vendor.

They’re seriously trying everything they can to get players off this game it seems. Closing missions no matter what the excuse is just plain stupid. But then again once you did the college you had no reason to ever do it again except for the loot farm.

Asphalt_Dragon
08-17-2019, 11:05 PM
Well it sucks you couldnt get the gun. But it will come up again once the rotation of expeditions comes around. my understanding for stopping expeditions is because of the idiots that feel they have to sue everytime Massive makes a change to stuff and they dont clear it with the Almighty Elite that thing they have to have a say in everything that happens in the game. My self I am quite happy with the game and wish the Whiners would go their same place and play with their crayons and shut the hell up. So pull your self up off the ground suck it up and enjoy the game. If you dont like it you can love it or leave it.

GameJumper765
08-17-2019, 11:44 PM
My self I am quite happy with the game and wish the Whiners would go their same place and play with their crayons and shut the hell up. So pull your self up off the ground suck it up and enjoy the game. If you dont like it you can love it or leave it.

Well, that wasn't very nice was it? I did say I am moving on for the time being, but I do have the right vent my frustration before I do.

IF they had said from the start that the expedition was timelocked, fine. But they never said that. The area and the reward, as well as a tip to make sure I do all 3 areas to unlock the weapon were all in game when I logged on. With travel locked to there I had to go to Google to find out why. Even the apparel events give a clear ending time, so I don't think that would have been difficult to do for this.

If they can't deal with a little criticism of their product, they need to start looking at their team to find out who the weak links are. Starting with, why wasn't this episode realised as a completed project? And who made the decision to shut it down? The reasons I have read (the repetitiveness, it's a loot cave) apply to the rest of the game as well.

A simple solution would have been to lock it per player as they completed it, taking into consideration our lives.

Sparkynuts1985
08-18-2019, 07:04 PM
My self I am quite happy with the game and wish the Whiners would go their same place and play with their crayons and shut the hell up. So pull your self up off the ground suck it up and enjoy the game. If you dont like it you can love it or leave it.

Lol wow. Hop up off of Massive's nuts, fam. If you're happy with the state of this game you'd also be happy if you came home and found your best friend inside of your girlfriend.

Look, no one is saying the game is complete garbage, but Massive has made the wrong movie at every single opportunity since day 1. Stop defending them.