PDA

View Full Version : Please help, unable to save track in the editor

Smeghead89
08-15-2019, 05:33 PM
I am near to completing my entry for the MMM track editing competition, so much work has gone into this and up until now I have just been saving the track over the original save or one of my spare copies. I have just tried to save it under a new name with the MMM in the title for when I come to enter it but it has failed to save saying the track data may be corrupted. I can still save it over the top of one of the old saves but I cannot rename it. I do have a save copy however with the name "MMM Knights" and although this is not what I want to name the track I could use this to enter my track for the competition. My big concern now is that as the tracks data appears to be corrupted and even though it let's me save it over an old file will it let me upload it to track central? This is my biggest ever project and I think I have put close to 200 hours work into it, it would be devastating if I loose it.

Smeghead89
08-15-2019, 06:51 PM
OK iv managed to save it, it appears you can only save 13 files which I did not realise. After deleting an old file I can now save a new one. A couple of question though is why isn't there something in the manage tracks section that tells us of a file limit and also why did a message keep popping up saying my track file was corrupt when really the problem was that there was not enough space?

Ubi-Wusky
08-17-2019, 08:07 AM
Hiya Smeghead89, I'm glad you managed to eventually save it! I'm not sure on why the error message defaults to "file is corrupt" even if it's just that there isn't space, I'll pass this to the dev team to find out!

Smeghead89
08-18-2019, 08:56 PM
Thanks wusky, just to let you know this same message pops up when your favourites are full also. I got the message saying my item was corrupt when I tried to save it to favourites, luckily this time I knew what to do and deleted an unwanted item to make space and I could then save it. Its not really a problem now I know what the message really means but others may end up trashing some valuable items and tracks.

I'm on ps4 if it's any help

UbiMorning
08-20-2019, 09:40 PM
Thank you for the update Smeghead89!