PDA

View Full Version : Odd Story Mode dialogue visual display bug

liquidvelcro
08-14-2019, 11:42 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this should be here or in the general tech help forum, but it only affects Story Mode, so I put it here:

Every single dialogue when I play a Story Mode story, either testing my own or playing other people's in-game, is rendered with a weird filter that I'm pretty sure is the Plague-Ridden Kephallonia one. The rest of the Story Mode looks normal, and it doesn't affect any other dialogues in the game, but after viewing a normally-rendered one in the main game, it goes right back to Plague-O-Vision the next time I load a Story Mode story. Going to and leaving Kephallonia also doesn't help, which maybe isn't a surprise because it seems Story Mode Kephallonia isn't plagueified anyway.

I have not tried reinstalling the game yet, because I'm hoping that there's an easier fix, or maybe that I can be told in advance that it won't help, but it seems like no one else anywhere has run into this?

It's not game-breaking but it is extremely annoying for every single conversation to take place shrouded in a dull green-grey mist.

liquidvelcro
08-15-2019, 03:31 AM
Update: it's not actually the Plague filter and I'm stupid. Whatever it is, though, it's extremely grey and everything in the background - that is to say, everything that isn't the characters - is heavily blurred out. It does explain why dicking around on Kephallonia didn't help, though.

Ubi-Wusky
08-16-2019, 11:17 PM
Good evening liquidvelcro, do you have a screenshot that might be able to help describe what you mean? I'm having difficulty getting an image in my head of this so a screenshot would be the best :D

liquidvelcro
08-17-2019, 07:54 AM
Sure thing. I'm hiding them behind links because they're full-size screenshots.

Broad daylight, before starting conversation. (https://i.imgur.com/uPP7yiW.jpg)

Conversation started moments later, and everything is dark, grey, and extremely, extremely hazy. (https://i.imgur.com/qO2NdBT.jpg)

Oddly, I've discovered that the first three dialogues in Lewdnar's "Darkness Falls" (https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/story-creator-mode/en-us/quest/5d39b69e2e1cde36ccc62776) consistently don't do this, but then afterwards the rest do.

Shrug emoji!

liquidvelcro
08-28-2019, 01:21 AM
Update: I reinstalled the game and it didn't help. Every SCM conversation is still desaturated and hazy. I know it doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of things, but it is really diminishing my enjoyment of SCM.

TechGladiator
08-28-2019, 10:09 PM
The default dialogues often do this, but you can add other filters to change appearance of the dialogues. It can change the colors, and removes the depth of field.

liquidvelcro
08-29-2019, 03:55 AM
Really? That's a user-end option? And everyone doing every story has just left it that way? And the default is weird and murky and grey?

That's...bizarre, but at least it's an answer. Thanks.

TechGladiator
08-30-2019, 03:53 AM
It's an option for story creators in the SCM, yes.

liquidvelcro
08-30-2019, 04:09 AM
Yeah, I just now realized what/where it was thanks to you, partly because the button to affect it is actually underneath the Confirm Dialogue button as the webpage displays on my screen, so there's no way to interact with it without zooming out. It wouldn't shock me if many other people have run into the same thing, but it does make me wonder why I'm the only freak who's apparently really really bothered by it.

Anyway, it seems like none of the choices actually just render the dialogues in the same way as the rest of the game? But Fresh is pretty close, so I'll be sticking with that for my story, at least.