PDA

View Full Version : Co-op Campaign next time?

Acid_Mars
08-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Would anyone else like a co-op campaign in the next game?

Gears of War 5 coming up got me thinking about how it might be kinda cool to have a dual protagonist approach just like
Odyssey but to play alongside somebody else using the other character.

Kassandra and Alexios, or Jacob and Evie?

Would it be better or not as much fun that way?

Sam_Boo26
08-10-2019, 12:54 PM
I personally enjoy Assassin's Creed games in solo mode and I hope it will stay like this.

KmarkoPL
08-10-2019, 02:11 PM
I personally enjoy Assassin's Creed games in solo mode and I hope it will stay like this.

Me to.

joelsantos24
08-10-2019, 02:21 PM
No. AC is a single player game and should remain as such.

Mushashi7
08-10-2019, 09:38 PM
I am not quite negative about this. But the Co-op option have to be thoroughly tested and working before it could be interesting.
It would demand a lot of internet and server resources too. And it also have to work area dependent. Not much fun playing with a dude i Australia if he reacts 30 seconds after because of his ADSL?

A co-op should only have two players. If more it would become a MMO - and who would like THAT? Yikes!

But co-op would actually be a good idea. It could widen the player experience a lot. It is after all a social activity. And social activities like this you won't find in many games. Maybe it even could be the next step i role play and/or game insensitivity?

But as I said: Only two players!

DaelosTheCat
08-16-2019, 02:47 AM
I guess it would be nice if co-op could be optional. With an open world, having a buddy to team-up with would be pretty darn cool.

HondaDude
01-30-2020, 08:24 PM
Why canít u have both. I want to play along with friends. They mostly wonít play this game bc we canít play together

DreadGrrl
01-30-2020, 08:39 PM
I’ve been playing a lot of co-op (Destiny 2) with my youngest son lately. We’re having a blast. The campaign stuff can easily be done solo, but having another player along for the ride is a lot of fun. He loves to gloat about how he carries me on occasion. Lol.

I could get on board with co-op gameplay in the next one.

Polyedra
01-30-2020, 09:48 PM
Two player co-op would be great.

JKAC2013
01-30-2020, 09:52 PM
I would also say that they should focus on an single player experience.

I was very hyped for the coop mode in Unity but ingame it wasn't that good. With 4 Players it was very confusing and you could only played it online. I ended up by making all the coop missions in solo .

Polyedra
01-30-2020, 09:56 PM
I'd like to play through the game with my brothers. I think many have a best friend, child, parent or sibling that they'd like to experience the game together with.
Cooperative missions? No thanks. The game with the story or nothing.

Lysette88
01-31-2020, 01:23 AM

this - I like stealth game play and anyone around is an additional risk, especially if that person isn't patient enough - i don't want this. i just remember a co-op mission in AC:unity - on my own and solo -no problem at all, easy peasy done - then i tried that in co-op - and they made a mess out of the location. i really really don't want to have co-op or any other person in my game.

cawatrooper9
01-31-2020, 03:45 PM
I think a simple (or perhaps not too simple to implement) hop-in open world co-op could be fun. Giving players the ability to freely roam the map together, doing whatever they'd like.

Depending on how many players you could put on a map together, it could also be a pretty incredible community-building tool, too. Imagine a posse of a dozen Assassins taking on a mega-fortress full of difficult enemies together!

JKAC2013
01-31-2020, 08:49 PM
I think a simple (or perhaps not too simple to implement) hop-in open world co-op could be fun. Giving players the ability to freely roam the map together, doing whatever they'd like.

Depending on how many players you could put on a map together, it could also be a pretty incredible community-building tool, too. Imagine a posse of a dozen Assassins taking on a mega-fortress full of difficult enemies together!

Like the Unity Trailer when hundreds of Assassins storm the palace? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOgYM_24AuU