PDA

View Full Version : Dev Update - August 2019

UbiKeeba
08-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Greetings Riders!

While the team is hard at work on the next patch, we wanted to give you a bit of an update. Based on the feedback we have been receiving from you, our community, we have made some adjustments to our timeline to allow the team to put more focus on fixes and improvements. We are completely dedicated to making Trials Rising the best possible experience for our players. Find below some details on how we plan on making that happen.

Live Fixes

Since the last update, a few fixes have been made or are coming server side. Among these are:

Multiplayer: An issue that was preventing the game from accessing the full tracklist in public multiplayer. This has been fixed and now the game is pulling tracks from the full track list for each division during track voting.

Track Central: Track Central feeds have also received an update. Two new feeds for featured tracks have been added to showcase tracks selected by the community and the top tracks played on the weekly Track Central stream, Diggin’ with the Doc. We will also be adding more feeds that will feature top tracks as determined by download, likes, or favorites. Even more updates will be coming to Track Central in the next and in future updates.

Leaderboards: Leaderboard clean-up has been underway and you should be able to already notice bad times disappearing from the leaderboards. Leaderboard clean-up has been slower than we would like and the team is working on updating our leaderboard management tools to improve the speed and efficiency with which we can remove bad times from the LBs. Leaderboard clean-up will be an ongoing process.

Next Patch

The next patch is currently still in progress and is expected to release in early September. While the team is still working hard on this update, find below a few things we can confirm will be included:

Inventory issues: The team has identified the cause of customizations resetting upon game launch and is working on a fix for the next patch. Bugs related to items missing from player’s inventories are also being squashed.

Track Central: The timeframe of the Trending Feeds on Track Central will be fixed so that these feeds display recent tracks as intended. Improvements have also been made to accessing downloaded tracks in offline mode. We will continue to work on improvements to Track Central for future updates.

Stability & Performance: The team has found and fixed a number of issues that were causing crashes as well as some issues causing frame rate drops. More stability and performance improvements are already being looked into for future updates as well.

Once the patch is complete, we will be able to share more information on what will be included. Keep your eyes on our channels for updates as we have them.

Timeline

In order to focus on improvements and fixes, we have made some small adjustments to our timeline.

Crash and Burn Expansion: The release of our second expansion pack will not be impacted by our timeline change. This expansion is still planned for release this fall. Stay tuned for more information on this expansion which will be hitting the streets before the end of the month.

Medieval Faire Track Pack: The Medieval Faire Track Pack has been delayed until Season 3. This will not delay the Season 3 Track Pack, so there will be 2 Track Packs released during Season 3. The season 3 Track Pack will release first followed by the Medieval Faire Track Pack a few weeks later.

We want to thank you for having patience while we continue to work on Trials Rising. Additionally, we’d like to thank you for all of the feedback you’ve been giving, which is truly helping us to improve the game. Make sure to stay tuned to Trails channels for the latest news and updates from the world of Trials Rising.
Until next time, we’ll see you on the leaderboards.

I The Hojo
08-08-2019, 04:01 PM
Thank you for the communication Keeba. But i am curious, as it's been an issue since game launched and seems to be one of the "easier", "quicker" fixes... You can't get on leaderboards on a Ninja game mode track unless you 0 fault. I didn't see this mentioned in the TC or Leaderboard fixes coming, so just wondering if the team is even worried about it? It's preventing a lot of players from grinding tracks. The game encompasses a lot of different players and skill levels, but the core ninja community is feeling incredibly left out. I'm not interested in a new bike, new phyiscs etc. Just want to be able to appear on Leaderboards and watch replays of ninja tracks. It just seems like something that should have been addressed by now. Thanks if you read this and can help in anyway. Keeba <3

calculusman1084
08-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Sounds like were finally getting sone seriously needed fixes implemented. Thank you. Please share this info in as many ways as possible so some of our community can come back.

UbiKeeba
08-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Thank you for the communication Keeba. But i am curious, as it's been an issue since game launched and seems to be one of the "easier", "quicker" fixes... You can't get on leaderboards on a Ninja game mode track unless you 0 fault. I didn't see this mentioned in the TC or Leaderboard fixes coming, so just wondering if the team is even worried about it? It's preventing a lot of players from grinding tracks. The game encompasses a lot of different players and skill levels, but the core ninja community is feeling incredibly left out. I'm not interested in a new bike, new phyiscs etc. Just want to be able to appear on Leaderboards and watch replays of ninja tracks. It just seems like something that should have been addressed by now. Thanks if you read this and can help in anyway. Keeba <3

The team is dedicated to fixing as many of the issues on our Known Issues list as possible, including the Ninja LB issue. We currently have no timeline on this fix, however.

Morfyboy
08-08-2019, 05:53 PM
Great news. I like how you have shown specifics on what is being worked on, and also what is going to be worked on. T.C is a big part of Trials, so making it the best it can be will be very well appreciated. :)

Can I just ask how this will work below??

to showcase tracks selected by the community

Just wondered if there will be a feed set up so the community can post their suggestions?? Like we did on Evos ‘Track of the Week’ suggestion feed..??

On Evo, we actually had a community member panel that would meet up once a week in a party,and go through all/any suggestions made. We narrowed these suggestions down to a couple of tracks using an excellent set of rules purely for choice selection. It worked well, and ran very smoothly as those chosen to do it from the community, were always there, Week in and week out.

Just an idea of how you could do this. :D

Smeghead89
08-08-2019, 10:33 PM
The Community Recommended feed in evo was an awesome addition, would love to see it again in rising.

attila-999
08-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Good News !

fail0r_
08-09-2019, 11:59 AM
i wish TC would have "personal folders". like a "upvoted folder" where tracks would be automatically moved out from TC into this folder the player upvoted. a "downvoted folder" would be also nice and a "trashbin folder" where the player could move bugged tracks out from TC inside. :o

knorde
08-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Has posted this in many other topics but i get never a reply from Ubisoft / Redlynx.
I think i don't get a reply but i keep post it until i get a reply.

*** All about private multiplayer ***

Bug 1:
How can i select custom maps in private multiplayer?

In single player i have to go to each map and select download after i set it to favorite.
It does not download automaticly when i add to favorite.
In private multiplayer you can't see the map before you download it first in single player.

I think it is a bug.

Can you confirm this is a bug?

Bug 2:

The points are not correct.
If the first player finished he get 10 points.
The second player get 8 points.
It makes no different if the second player is finishing or not.
It will be much more fun if second player do not finish he get 0 points.
Now it is not needed to finish within the 30 seconds that the second player has to finish.
Finish or no finish is both 8 points.

Bug 3:

Why it is not possible to skip a map?
Now we have to leave multiplayer and start it again?

Bug 4:
When i add 30+ maps to favorite, in private mp you can only see max 30 maps.

Bug 5:
Can't select un-released tracks in private multiplayer (in Fusion it is possible).

ER1C612
08-11-2019, 07:41 AM
Medieval Faire Track Pack: The Medieval Faire Track Pack has been delayed until Season 3. This will not delay the Season 3 Track Pack, so there will be 2 Track Packs released during Season 3. The season 3 Track Pack will release first followed by the Medieval Faire Track Pack a few weeks later.

I understand if you can’t answer this, but how many seasons are currently planned to have track packs?

nextess
08-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Awesome! Much appreciated, UbiKeeba. Thanks for the update info. Looking forward to it :D

IZEZxPRiNCESS
08-11-2019, 10:34 PM
there are a lot of tracks that have appeared at the beginning of rising of which some definitely deserve the fame they have in track central but unfortunately there are also many who in no way have the quality of some new tracks .... no matter how awesome some of them are, you will never be able to get as many likes as they can not get as many reviews as they did at the beginning of the game. Here it would be very good if new creators have the chance to reach the justified position. an example: a mediocre track with 2000 likes will always stand better as a new one despite a mega quality on the basis of currently active players not over 500 likes has no chance to get higher .... although he is better ... Here a percentage distribution of likes and dislikes could bring a better evaluation. At the moment, only sorted by likes. even if a track has 1000 likes and 1000 dislikes it stands over a track that has 999 likes even if it has 0 dislikes ... Here I wish an improvement of the rating system .... the other innovations are top Thank you

calculusman1084
08-11-2019, 11:28 PM
I agree with Izez. A percentage based system might help. Not just total Likes. Also, the community approved section woukd be a great place for these high quality tracks to shine. But as Morfy pointed out, it depends on how that functions.

TyrianMollusk
08-14-2019, 12:48 AM
Yeah, as bad as the like/dislike system is, merely counting likes on TC isn't just useless, it's destructive. Was true when the game was new, just gets more true as the playerbase languishes in neglect.

IZEZxPRiNCESS
08-14-2019, 07:52 AM
that is nothing to turn on the rating system is clear, but if these unbeatable rated tracks in the category (best of all times) have their place is so far so ok. they are simply missing these categories

Best of the last 48 hours

Best reviews of the week

Best reviews of the month

separately for trials / parkour and Ninja ...

if this interface is adapted to TC, it will reward all active creators and also make the drivers aware of all interesting tracks ... Remember how much fun we had with this system many years ago at Trials Evolution ...

XXXSTEPH59XXX
08-15-2019, 11:37 AM
hello, can you confirm that on the patch the problem of crates will be solved because I win boxes but are not available in my inventory.

I also have the problem of the tracks which remains in loading mode on the central track in the various selections or search thus impossible to play them

I also find it a pity not to be able to access the ninja level of the solo without having made all the extreme tracks of the solo because it is by making tracks of higher levels that one improves.

with this patch, will we be able to share tracks not published on the multi as it was the case on trials fusion?

Will it be possible in future patch to be able to customize with stickers the pilot directly as to make tattoos?

Ubi-MrDrPink
08-16-2019, 01:54 PM
hello, can you confirm that on the patch the problem of crates will be solved because I win boxes but are not available in my inventory.

I also have the problem of the tracks which remains in loading mode on the central track in the various selections or search thus impossible to play them

Hey Steph,

Would you be able to let our Support team (https://support.ubi.com) know about this issues?

with this patch, will we be able to share tracks not published on the multi as it was the case on trials fusion?

Will it be possible in future patch to be able to customize with stickers the pilot directly as to make tattoos?

Unfortunately, we don't the have the patch notes yet, but they will be shared a little closer the to the time and we'll have a clearer picture of what's going to be included in the patch itself

knorde
08-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Hey Steph,

Would you be able to let our Support team (https://support.ubi.com) know about this issues?

And what about this: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2108412-Dev-Update-August-2019?p=14449952&viewfull=1#post14449952
Posted it many times on many places. Never get a response!

Razone2019TW
08-19-2019, 01:43 PM
So DLC releases 8/20, right?

calculusman1084
08-19-2019, 10:31 PM
Im startin to worry as well. No official mention except that its coming is August. Might not be til end of month:(

LIONDEN1
08-20-2019, 01:59 AM
I'm baffled as to why people say they are worried. Worried about what? There has been no official release date for the DLC, most of us are guessing because the Eshop said Aug 20th, that really doesnt mean anything. If its not tomorrow it'll prob be sometime in the Fall. Lots of people are acting like its never gonna be released, lol

XXXSTEPH59XXX
08-20-2019, 11:40 AM
I sent a report

Smeghead89
08-20-2019, 02:13 PM
I'm starting to worry that people will never be allowed to worry about anything.

Razone2019TW
08-20-2019, 02:16 PM
9/10, finally got some information.
I almost can't wait to play :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMtNAxiE1iE

knorde
08-26-2019, 02:47 PM
And what about this: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2108412-Dev-Update-August-2019?p=14449952&viewfull=1#post14449952
Posted it many times on many places. Never get a response!
*Knock knock* Ubisoft / Redlynx, why you answer other users but never me?

LastActionHer0
09-01-2019, 08:58 AM
Are there any plans to choose and Extreme only or Ninja/Extreme multiplayer? I get very bored, very fast running easy and medium tracks in multiplayer. So far Evo has the best multiplayer by far.

LIONDEN1
09-01-2019, 01:28 PM
every track other than extreme and supercross tracks are in MP. Plenty of hard tracks show up. Ninja crap will never be in MP. Play private if you want that.

Scruffy McGuffy
09-05-2019, 05:19 PM
Any word on the timing of this patch? I assume Sep 10 with the dlc, but I'm hoping for sooner. And I hope they fixed the Favorites in TC which they broke a full 3 months ago.