PDA

View Full Version : Is this game becoming more and more P2W?

Baail
08-08-2019, 06:02 AM
I'm F2P player and I started Altair event 8h ago. I used all my Rift Token and with 120k points I was second. Today when I logged I dropped to 15th position and someone has 500k+ points. I also checked how many points I need to claim all rewards from event - 1,5mln. How F2P is supposed to do it? How is it possible to gain 500k points over night?

StuntmanDan84
08-08-2019, 08:10 AM
I’ve gotten to the point where some of the event heroes are maxed whilst for others I won’t use any helix credits (Ishak is an example due to lack of tier 5 gear). Others I take on a case by case basis. For example in the next Namja event I will not be able to 4 star her even if I won it, so there’s no need to use HC. By saving my HC during some events, and collecting all daily rewards, completing animus challenges, etc, I’m able to build up a decent reserve for those events I do target. Before the last Kassandra event I saved up well over 3k.

Nightstalkers80
08-10-2019, 05:13 AM
+1 Dan. I do spend, because some events are pay to win. Just depends on how many people need those toons. I just save for the ones I can promote as well.

gorgonzola65
09-02-2019, 04:03 PM
I've never spent any real world money on the game. I agree with the approach of saving up your HC for events or heroes you find important.

StuntmanDan84
09-02-2019, 10:15 PM
This upcoming stealth event is 1 I will not use any helix credits on. The only DNA reward I need will be Shao Jun (about 60 left for rank 5) but these are also available from store for database credits and Mario’s legacy mission. Furthermore as I continue to get more legendary heroes to rank 5 the store will show hers more frequently. The only other reward worth having is the rare material drops, but I doubt it’s possible to get these without spending helix credits. And 1 final reason for me is that I haven’t had any drops of the stealth rare material so haven’t been able to craft any 5* weapons or gear for Rosa. Luis can’t get several tier 5 items. That will most likely make completing the event on grandmaster difficult. At best I’d have to swap out Maximo for Maria. Maybe I’d need to swap out Luis too. I’m not even sure if they’ll make the power ratings.

gorgonzola65
09-02-2019, 10:23 PM
Just use your best 3 heroes, with or without sync bonus for the first run to get 3 stars. Then use your best sync bonus guys to rush after that. That is if you can't finish with the sync guys. The extra sync% will most likely outweigh the chests. I've found the chests to be fails a lot when there is no-one that can unlock, or get through the traps or survive the climbs that seem to have been made ridiculously hard.

StuntmanDan84
09-02-2019, 10:43 PM
That’s what I’ve done the last 2 events. But this is different. The final mission in those had a requirement of over 2k power rating. I doubt it’s possible to get Maximo there. And Luis would need to be high level. So I’m not sure it’ll be possible to rush with the sync bonus heroes.

Nightstalkers80
09-03-2019, 02:33 AM
Exactly. I'm not sure it possible to get a common to 2k at all :p.
Seriously though, that's why I just save my helix for those I want/need, mostly epic, cause they come up often in the shop.
I just don't think it's worth spending $50 on an event like Horacio's. You get 3 tank mats sure, but dna for one epic hero isn't worth competing against daddy's credit card, and it's just common sense to me. Epics aren't necessarily better than uncommon (Jorge is THE best tank), and in some cases even legendary. The mats will drop in your daily rotations or appear in the store eventually.
If there's on thing I've learned it's not your collection that will carry you but the team with the abilities you require.
Don't try to fully gear every toon either if the gear can be shared. I have 5 or 6 toons with dedicated gear (2 from each class just in case), and even borrow from them on occasion.
Don't expect instant gratification, and take your time. Rushing everthing takes away the fun

Nightstalkers80
09-03-2019, 02:48 AM
I forgot to mention that its worth maxing your commons for excess DNA, and that's about it. You'll quickly build a team you can use on all missions. (I use Najma in place of green disarmers for example [she makes Hamid useless by rank 1]).
Anyway just advice. Play how you want and pay attention to bonuses. 17% dex and T5 won't do much if you have 40% T4 alternative.

YardemHane
09-03-2019, 11:25 AM
The only DNA reward I need will be Shao Jun[...]

And Bayek in the store...