PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft name not being displayed for Switch

Frqnt4ager
08-08-2019, 03:55 AM
So this has always been a problem on my game, but since I've been playing mp I've noticed that the other profile names of my opponents are showing their Switch profile name and not their ubisoft name (only up to 10 characters and missing the ubisoft logo next to them). You can see this all over the leader boards as well. Why isn't the Switch using our ubisoft names? I don't see any mention of this on the known issues page, but no way this is a new thing since my profile's been like that since I started. Something is definitely off with the communication between ubi and switch. It's even affecting the weekly challenges. I'm unable to complete the challenge for 50 mp points, because ubi doesn't recognize my name even though I def got more than 50 points since accepting the challenge. It'd be nice to get this fixed and done without messing up everyone's high scores, because when I changed my switch profile name, to match my ubi name, none of my high scores were attached to my ubi account and I had to redo a bunch of tracks. Who knows, maybe this miscommunication is part of what keeps crashing my game on a regular basis.

Ubi-Raziel
08-08-2019, 09:11 AM
So this has always been a problem on my game, but since I've been playing mp I've noticed that the other profile names of my opponents are showing their Switch profile name and not their ubisoft name (only up to 10 characters and missing the ubisoft logo next to them). You can see this all over the leader boards as well. Why isn't the Switch using our ubisoft names? I don't see any mention of this on the known issues page, but no way this is a new thing since my profile's been like that since I started. Something is definitely off with the communication between ubi and switch. It's even affecting the weekly challenges. I'm unable to complete the challenge for 50 mp points, because ubi doesn't recognize my name even though I def got more than 50 points since accepting the challenge. It'd be nice to get this fixed and done without messing up everyone's high scores, because when I changed my switch profile name, to match my ubi name, none of my high scores were attached to my ubi account and I had to redo a bunch of tracks. Who knows, maybe this miscommunication is part of what keeps crashing my game on a regular basis.

Hey, thanks for your thread!

It's completely normal for every platform to show their platform-specific name on the leaderboards, rather than their Ubisoft name.

The Ubisoft logo simply means that the player is on a different platform. So PS4 players also won't see the Ubisoft logo for any other PS4 players.

Regarding the challenge, is it not tracking at all or does it only work sometimes?

Frqnt4ager
08-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Thanks for clearing up why the logo isn't next to the switch names. I thought that the name I made for my ubi account was going to be the name displayed in game and on the leaderboards, but I guess that's not the case.

The mp challenge for this week doesn't seem to be tracking progress for me. The other 2 for this week, and all other weekly challenges, worked correctly. The only thing I can think of is if the challenge takes into consideration points deducted as well as points earn, but pretty sure I earned more than I lost.

Ubi-Raziel
08-09-2019, 08:18 AM
No trouble at all! The Ubisoft logo was a common questions when the game was first released :)

Regarding your challenge not tracking, we don't have any known issues currently so I'd like to offer some suggestions:

- Follow our connectivity FAQ to ensure a strong connection: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/36607/

If the issue still remains, please do the best you can to provide us with a video showing your active challenge and it not tracking.

Frqnt4ager
08-09-2019, 03:22 PM
Everything should be fine on my end, the other 2 challenges are tracking perfectly and almost completed. When we got setup with nintendo online I called my isp and the employee that setup our router is an avid online player, so he made sure things were correct. I def earned more than 50 mp points last night, but still no change on the challenge as of this morning. I'm not going to take a video of the app on my phone, just check my weekly club challenges and you'll see the proof. Sorry if this seems frustrated, but I am a lil after you responded to this thread with the cookie cutter response of going thru the faqs and providing a video and didn't even respond to the long post I made describing the crashing issue, which was the top post.

Edit: Checked this afternoon (8/11) and it finally shows I've completed the mp challenge.

Ubi-Redbeard
09-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Glad to see this is resolved!