PDA

View Full Version : eliminate or restrict the option for people to see your set

ix-emir7-HND
08-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Everyone who can make a set. But that people are ingenious. It is unfair to make a set and then find more people with it.

TimesLostArc
08-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Being able to inspect is a great thing.

Especially if they kill you in the DZ. I can think of a number of hackusations being put to rest because this is a thing.

Is there a specific reason you want your build to be hidden from players?

LubzinNJ
08-05-2019, 07:26 PM
Nope I don't think they should do this

qpMaverickqp
08-05-2019, 07:30 PM
Being able to inspect is a great thing.

Especially if they kill you in the DZ. I can think of a number of hackusations being put to rest because this is a thing.

Is there a specific reason you want your build to be hidden from players?

Yeah. He thinks he is special

YodaMan 3D
08-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Some players use this as an excuse for them to elevate to new levels of toxicity. You just can't take that away from them, how would they ever find the way to login and play, if you strip them of their toxicity.

Ubi-RealDude
08-05-2019, 11:53 PM
This conversation seems to be in a similar vein as the post-mission readout. While there are definitely some that might use the information available to be more toxic, additional information tends to lead to more benefits than drawbacks.

That said, as TimesLostArc brings up, we can definitely talk about some of the more specific pros and cons of having such data available for easy access.

NvTwist74
08-06-2019, 02:12 AM
This conversation seems to be in a similar vein as the post-mission readout. While there are definitely some that might use the information available to be more toxic, additional information tends to lead to more benefits than drawbacks.

That said, as TimesLostArc brings up, we can definitely talk about some of the more specific pros and cons of having such data available for easy access.

Youíll prob need to translate that & use common terms to begin a conversation.

Op thereís no secret recipe that you can cook up that hasnít been blended with every ingredient avail. There just isnít enough gear to reach that level of diversity. Retaining the edge is understandable but having access to that info is paramount in order to accurately report cheating & also reduce the tidal wave of accusations that would rush in without that feature. It assist players to understand what just happened to them & how it happened.

What part of your gear do you wanna remove from other players?
Generally when someone wants to conseal their stats itís not for honorable reasons.

DZ-Black-Tusk
08-06-2019, 02:17 AM
This should be open, so other players can see if you are exploting a loot just like in the armor glitch.

The only OP players I've stumbled to in DZ are those lag swtichers, aim bots, chronus max, etc.

UB needs to do something about this issues?

xcel30
08-06-2019, 02:19 AM
I mean finding odd new combos is interesting and can help promote some experimentations

PillowsCoolside
08-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Everyone who can make a set. But that people are ingenious. It is unfair to make a set and then find more people with it.

Ive hated the feature since day one. Ive read arguments where some basically say its great because they get to feel better if they can see why the other person killed them. I disagree, but at this point, it's a waste of time. The game has been catering to the casuals since the first update and will continue to do so.

gamingforeverhg
08-06-2019, 08:56 AM
OP what you're clearly asking for should not happen at all , people don't need to hide their builds .I love inspecting others builds ( not copying at all ) and what they've put together is cool .

Cadillac-Jack
08-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Never checked anyone's build, have no need to or see a reason to, what they build is their business not mine.

YodaMan 3D
08-06-2019, 01:39 PM
OP what you're clearly asking for should not happen at all , people don't need to hide their builds .I love inspecting others builds ( not copying at all ) and what they've put together is cool .

To me it is a tool for toxicity. Plain and simple. Some players feel they are the expert on everything. If your build is better, then they steal the idea or report it for the "Nerfing". If you it is weaker, it becomes an excuse to kick players that are just trying to get better.

Never checked anyone's build, have no need to or see a reason to, what they build is their business not mine.

I agree. I may or may not understand what another players plans are for their builds. Only RNG can decide their fate.

Cadillac-Jack
08-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Oh and by the way I lied and i'm also being a bit hypocritical with my previous post, I hold my hands up here saying I never when I had done before.

Yes I have checked other peoples loadouts, because I wanted to see what the meta/what everyone is using because all I saw was the same guns on peoples backs, and 6 out of 7 people had P416/M60's as primary and secondary, does it bother me no, but damn build diversity is almost non existent :)

retro1236
08-06-2019, 01:57 PM
I don't get it, who cares if someone copy your build, be proud that you made a build that someone think is worth copying.

Riflemania
08-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Does not bother me the slightest if someone looks at my setup:confused:

YodaMan 3D
08-06-2019, 02:13 PM
I don't get it, who cares if someone copy your build, be proud that you made a build that someone think is worth copying.

Not everyone is into going to great lengths to make a certain build and then tomorrow have 1000 other players using the exact same build, doing the exact same thing they do. Some players just think outside the box and wishes others would do the same. So when players check your build and then copy you, it takes out the originality, the uniqueness for some.

retro1236
08-06-2019, 03:01 PM
Not everyone is into going to great lengths to make a certain build and then tomorrow have 1000 other players using the exact same build, doing the exact same thing they do. Some players just think outside the box and wishes others would do the same. So when players check your build and then copy you, it takes out the originality, the uniqueness for some.For PVP I kinda get...or not.. ;) but for PVE that doesn't make sense. You think thousands of players copy your build cause someone random inspected it? LOL

CassiousCloud
08-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Just stay out my socks and underwear drawers is all I ask. Have at the rest..

YodaMan 3D
08-06-2019, 03:25 PM
For PVP I kinda get...or not.. ;) but for PVE that doesn't make sense. You think thousands of players copy your build cause someone random inspected it? LOL

I agree to a point, but then again I hate YouTuber update their Meta Build list and then you see 1000s using it. Some players feel they have the next best thing and don't want to share. With this they have no choice. In the end it's about players and their comfort levels. Many of times players kind of figure out similar builds on their own and others assume that their build just got copied.

A while back was running missions with a group of randoms. 2 of the guys was using there Run N Gun builds and melting everything. They was fussing about their builds and at one point one accused the other for using their build. Truth came out that their playstyles was similar, their builds was kind of similar, but they was using different Brand Gear in different slots to accomplish about the same build. So they then argued about why their builds was superior over the other.

roschi15
08-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Don't get the OP. When I read the title, I thought he wants this to reduce toxic comments of other players, but no, he is worried that someone could copy his build. He seems to think he is a genius and nobody should know about his great, unique build. Sorry, this is a very narrow-minded attitude I cannot understand at all. This is a game; you did not find the universal remedy against cancer or something like that.

bobwalt
08-06-2019, 03:48 PM
I have to wonder why someone wants to hide something.

MisterFibble
08-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Why would I want to copy the OP's build (or any of the myraid found online) when I can decide for myself both what works for me and what I enjoy using?

Personally I don't care if someone pervs my gear. If they assume a low gear item means its bad they're obviously an idiot who doesn't grasp that gearscore is just a number that has little to do with the usefulness of an item or indeed player ability. If they criticise for not stacking a specific damage they obviously prefer going for overkill rather than controlled aggression, a one hit kill doesn't give more xp by the wasted excess damage so why waste the slots.

H0PE_Zer0
08-06-2019, 04:19 PM
That a problem of people being toxic, the inspect feature is not the reason of the toxicity.
Report those players, they need to get a warning then a ban.
Toxicity shoukd not be tolerated, just like hacking. Ruining the game for everyone else.

RichardOshea
08-06-2019, 05:10 PM
I don't care if people see my builds or not. Good luck finding those pieces.. it took me five months! Loool!

retro1236
08-06-2019, 05:35 PM
I don't care if people see my builds or not. Good luck finding those pieces.. it took me five months! Loool!
Yep and if they do find them? Then what? What difference would it make to you?..

RichardOshea
08-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Yep and if they do find them? Then what? What difference would it make to you?..

Absolutely none whatsoever. Some people are a bit like Gollum though... my precious... he takes it, STEALS IT!.. we hates him....

retro1236
08-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Absolutely none whatsoever. Some people are a bit like Gollum though... my precious... he takes it, STEALS IT!.. we hates him....LOL but you would probably never see your lookalike in game ever. But if you're Gollum you are. :cool:

WickedBadz
08-06-2019, 06:18 PM
Most the time the inspect isnít even current. I canít see why anyone would care who looks at their gear unless they glitched something and are worried someone will see it.

YodaMan 3D
08-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Most the time the inspect isn’t even current. I can’t see why anyone would care who looks at their gear unless they glitched something and are worried someone will see it.

I have a junk build I equip, so if I meet players that are toxic about builds. They take one look and then have to make a decision, take my word that I will bring the heat(switching to the right build for the job) or depend on their own opinions about me.

Mark_WWW
08-06-2019, 06:34 PM
The ideal would be giving the player the choice if it can be viewed or not.

That being said there are a hell of a lot more bugs needing the Devs attention so put this feature on the Nice to Have list.

TimesLostArc
08-06-2019, 07:09 PM
It is really difficult to create an exact copy of any build in this game.

This feature is useful for squashing a lot of problems. It reduces Hackusations in the DZ. It identified the armor glitch much faster than if it wasn't a feature in the game. It allows people to take notes and learn from each other. In a raid setting, it can help identify certain problem areas in your group. It can change your perspective on what is possible. To me it solves more problem than it potentially creates.

That being said, like any tool, it can be abused. Some people might look at your build and boot you immediately from a raid. Some people used to use it to boot people from heroic missions when things went south. That, of course, doesn't happen any more thanks to skill builds being what they are.

In another game - Overwatch, they had to make people's profiles private because it was often to cover up for a bigger issue. Simply put, no one in that game wants to play tank because it is the most unrewarding role. They are now forcing a role queue because things have gotten so bad. People would use the feature to tell other people what to play. It was so bad that a lot of players set up alternate accounts to avoid being profiled. I left the game and swore to never play tank again(Except Dva. She is my bae).

The Division 2 does not have this level of toxicity. You may get someone who looks at your mask and tells you that you don't have enough DTE. They could very well be right. In the recent update, you can now look at a person's combined stats. It makes a lot of sense in a raid where LFG is used to pick people. Still this is up to the person and the clan. Personally, I don't want to raid with such a person, and I don't want to be in a clan that does this. A lot of frequent raiders apparently think the same thing.

Just to let any would-be raiders know, the Mask is one of the biggest engines in the game for DTE. On a single mask, a person can gain as much as 50%+ DTE for the raid. That makes a huge difference. This raid is very damaged focused and a mask with 20% or less DTE can be a liability for an 8 man group. It means you won't do much damage to Elite Adds. It means you might not do as much damage to a boss. It means all 7 other people have to cover for you. A mask with just a roll as low as 30% and hard-hitting is often enough for most people to look the other way(that is a gain of 40% DTE btw).

FunkAyFOO
08-08-2019, 02:16 AM
Reminds us of what goes on at the urinals ... some think so :cool:

TOKYO_ROGUE
08-08-2019, 04:14 AM
lag swtichers

UB needs to do something about this issues?

Sadly... they can't ban user for using lag switch, and i know that.. i have reported many people use it, sent so many videos, but they're still playing.
i am on ps4, i guess i should report to playstation... but i don't know *_*

ps: it's even harder now since on ps4 u can change your id in just few sec ...