PDA

View Full Version : Manning National Zoo WTF?!

RulleLoneWolf
08-05-2019, 03:16 PM
Manning National Zoo has to be bugged. I have done this mission on Challenge before with less armor and health than i have now. But now i have tried the mission on Hard 5 times and i get literally slaughtered in the crocodile pit. I have 300k+ armor and almost 100k health and i get killed within 2-3 shots as soon as the door opens and the enemies jump in. And on top of that the boss doesn't take damage at all! WTF?! I mean Hard should be easy as hell, and this is some Heroic insanity bs!

Abarth_71
08-05-2019, 03:25 PM
The sledge hammer guy is immune for some reason until he gets near the island. After I've activated the echo I run back towards the entrance and drop a fire turret a little way in front of the first bit of cover and get in behind it, it helps hold him off while you get some damage in.

YodaMan 3D
08-05-2019, 03:27 PM
Welcome and that does seem odd. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but you may want to add video of what you are seeing so the CMs and support can have visual aid.

RulleLoneWolf
08-05-2019, 03:32 PM
The sledge hammer guy is immune for some reason until he gets near the island. After I've activated the echo I run back towards the entrance and drop a fire turret a little way in front of the first bit of cover and get in behind it, it helps hold him off while you get some damage in.

I have tried using the fire turret as well but the sledge hammer boss just smashes it to pieces and 2 sec later i'm dead! As i said i have done this mission on Challenge before and now i cant even do it on Hard! Makes no sense!

Abarth_71
08-05-2019, 03:35 PM
I have tried using the fire turret as well but the sledge hammer boss just smashes it to pieces and 2 sec later i'm dead! As i said i have done this mission on Challenge before and now i cant even do it on Hard! Makes no sense!

He only seems to smash it when he's immune, if you drop it far enough back he stops being immune by the time he's closer and starts burning.

Jacon-101
08-05-2019, 03:43 PM
I noticed the "immune" on the flame thrower boss on Lincoln Memorial. Maybe it has always been that way but really noticed last night doing daily. It was a pain. If boss got too far away "immune" popped up. I had to stay in range of his flamethrower for him to take damage. Being only hard and I have decent hazard protection wasnt that big a deal but in truth just cheezy tactics to make enemies "tougher"

Abarth_71
08-05-2019, 03:58 PM
I noticed the "immune" on the flame thrower boss on Lincoln Memorial. Maybe it has always been that way but really noticed last night doing daily.

I think he was always immune but they've made it last so much longer that he's almost in range with his flamethrower before you can do any damage.

CassiousCloud
08-05-2019, 03:59 PM
I noticed the "immune" on the flame thrower boss on Lincoln Memorial. Maybe it has always been that way but really noticed last night doing daily. It was a pain. If boss got too far away "immune" popped up. I had to stay in range of his flamethrower for him to take damage. Being only hard and I have decent hazard protection wasnt that big a deal but in truth just cheezy tactics to make enemies "tougher"
Grab the special ammo laying around and he won't be immune for long..there is one close to where the elevator is and one on the opposite wall of where the mobs come down the ladder..

He used to wear me out as well until I realized his weakness..I believe they are explosive rounds..
Get those and he goes down pretty easy..

rapier17
08-05-2019, 04:22 PM
My advice would be this: Make sure you have the ordinary turret selected. As you go into the pit, but before you go to the echo, look to the right of the pit, where there are a set of bits sticking out of the wall above. Lob your turret up there, activate the Echo and keep one step ahead of Mr. Axe; your turret will help you deal with the Outcasts around you and it will be safe from his big feet.

DarkKnight27us
08-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Manning National Zoo has to be bugged. I have done this mission on Challenge before with less armor and health than i have now. But now i have tried the mission on Hard 5 times and i get literally slaughtered in the crocodile pit. I have 300k+ armor and almost 100k health and i get killed within 2-3 shots as soon as the door opens and the enemies jump in. And on top of that the boss doesn't take damage at all! WTF?! I mean Hard should be easy as hell, and this is some Heroic insanity bs!

Those guys hit like trucks and I think are getting some lucky crits. The ax wielding boss is immune for a few seconds so you don't just kill him in the doorway (this is new to the zoo map, but is intended). What I've usually done is drop an incendiary grenade at the door when it opens to slow down most of the mobs and then draw the ax guy out until he's no longer immune, then he gets a flame turret all his own.

RulleLoneWolf
08-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, it really helped. I just cant remember the boss being immune for that long when i took the mission on Challenge before! Must have been changed in an update?! Anyway thanks again for the help!

PointyMarmot
08-05-2019, 08:33 PM

As someone mentioned there's no point in trying to shoot the heavy with the sledgehammer until he reached the island as he's immune until then. Since I play on solo I have to try and find ways to turn the odds in my favor and in that area, on challenging I draw them back into the area just before you enter the actual crocodile habitat. That way I can take them out as they enter the doorway. Otherwise, it's extremely difficult to stay in the crocodile pit and fight everyone.

Sunswimmer
08-05-2019, 11:21 PM
I had this issue too, nothing worked on breaking down the armor on the boss, that is until I turned the drone loose equipped with the hollow point bullet mod. I had the drone focus on the boss and much to my surprise, the drone started stripping away the armor, I then turned loose with my M60 starting with explosive rounds. Between the drone and the M60 (even after the thirty explosive rounds) the boss went down quickly. For some reason, the drone does a good job stripping the armor off of any boss just on it's own.

SGTR0CK117
08-06-2019, 04:23 AM
lol, i suspect that with the Skill changes there have been an 'undocumented'... i mean unintended AI buff, Ive noticed AI TTK seems a bit longer ?
Also noticed a lot of AI dmg inflicted on us no bypasses Armour and strips health of you ie War dogs snipers etc ?

DZ-Black-Tusk
08-06-2019, 04:36 AM
Scenario is very odd, I've never encountered this on my 20th run.

retro1236
08-06-2019, 05:46 AM
You could also run back outside the crocodile pit to where the ammo crate are when the sequence starts. You should be able to take down all enimies from there without even entering the pit.

Lens00140
08-06-2019, 10:10 PM
I've run it a few times now and have not felt that the croc pit was any different, might be something deeper in your gear stats that could possibly cause a bug of some sort RulleLoneWolf:confused:

MisterFibble
08-06-2019, 10:27 PM
Those sprinty michelin men are just lazy design, spongy damage move way too fast for how they're geared and hit like trucks.

First time I ran the zoo I saw the crocs through the window and on seeing the water was expecting to leave with a new pair of shoes, moreso when I saw the echo.

But no, we got a very generic circular arena with mobs from all sides including overuse of the explodey runners and a lazy sponge boss.

Anubis-Solitus
08-21-2019, 09:34 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if a little tweaking is being done from time to time.

F.i.x.e.r
08-21-2019, 11:22 PM
I think the Camp white Oak mission is a way better mission, in fact I wish it had been the long one rather than the zoo.

eskimosound
08-22-2019, 12:33 AM
Those sprinty michelin men are just lazy design, spongy damage move way too fast for how they're geared and hit like trucks.

First time I ran the zoo I saw the crocs through the window and on seeing the water was expecting to leave with a new pair of shoes, moreso when I saw the echo.

But no, we got a very generic circular arena with mobs from all sides including overuse of the explodey runners and a lazy sponge boss.

It's a Zoo, I was expecting a load of animals to shoot or to help kill the baddies...if they ain't in the Zoo then they should be running around DC lions and panthers and stuff, elephants, giraffes...you get the idea..JUMANJI..!!

Anubis-Solitus
08-22-2019, 12:51 AM
I think the Camp white Oak mission is a way better mission, in fact I wish it had been the long one rather than the zoo.

I also like CWO. I would do it everyday when first logged-in until the gloves dropped which were the fourth day. Wish the Diamond Back was as easy.

GetMused
08-22-2019, 02:01 AM
Oddly enough this exact post has been written before.... not sure when but someone has complained about this so it may just be a random issue

GetMused
08-22-2019, 02:28 AM
Oddly enough this exact post has been written before.... not sure when but someone has complained about this so it may just be a random issue

Dyslexic-Snail
08-22-2019, 09:00 AM
Swap some skills just for this bit of the mission. Use the cover, the blinder firefly and the assault turret. Once you blind him and a few NPC's this will give you roughly 9 seconds or so to get some damage in on him by focus yourself and the turret on him.

I only thought to use the firefly because it gives you distance. You should be able to get quite a bit fo damage in before he reaches you and again when his hammer gets stuck in the ground.

scab1es
08-22-2019, 09:43 AM
good tip that putting the turret on a ledge out of reach, I keep close to him and roll towards him when i need to reload,

Babou..
08-22-2019, 11:24 AM

ALWAYS watch out for the man with the hammer, they hit you with it :D
Even the best of us get a hit from the hammer from time to time :)

FatRillos
08-22-2019, 03:21 PM
I stuck my turret on the high railing over the entrance door. That armored schmuck ain't getting it up there. But with the btsu gloves my turret does like 80k per shot. Just wish the dte actually worked on the turret so the 55% dte on my mask did something.

Big boy has an axe instead of a hammer also. Might do more damage.