PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trade thier X52 for a X52 Pro?

249th_Maico
05-04-2007, 11:19 AM
I know its done to death but I am trying to find out if the update is worth it. I am using a MS FFB2 and the X45/X52 throttle for the last few years. The X52s wheels are not too precise and I resent loosing the ministicks four buttons as they are now axis. Can anyone tell me if the upgrade was worth it?

Thanks

Ernst_Rohr
05-04-2007, 12:05 PM
I upgraded, and I have been pretty satisfied with it. The Pro is a lot more precises than the old X52. X52 is still a good stick, bu the Pro is a lot more clean in feel and precision.

My major gripe with the old X52 is the deadzones, I had to manually tweak them on the old stick, on the Pro, I havent had to touch them.

Bearcat99
05-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by 249th_Maico:
I know its done to death but I am trying to find out if the update is worth it. I am using a MS FFB2 and the X45/X52 throttle for the last few years. The X52s wheels are not too precise and I resent loosing the ministicks four buttons as they are now axis. Can anyone tell me if the upgrade was worth it?
Thanks

Why cant you just use the stick as a button bay? Even before I modded my X-45.. I had the X-45 stick axii set as banded switches... I think it was 10/80/10.. with 80 being the deadzone and the 10 portion of the slider being the swich.. I used it for my gear. Push the lever forward... lower the gear.

249th_Maico
05-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Bearcat, you know you cant teach an old dog new tricks. I have tried my butt off but cant figure out how to band four simple commands to the minishtick. I do use the extra joy as a buttons bay. Beleive me, I waste nothing. Is there an easy way to explain this?

BaldieJr
05-05-2007, 10:06 AM
google autohotkey. there are tuturials. you can make any stick or button do anything you can imagine (within reason).