PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reason to use Super 90 over SASG?

xcel30
08-01-2019, 01:23 AM
Shotguns got a well deserved buff in PVE, mainly fixing issue such as why would SPAS be better than the gun that holds less ammo whne both are pump as well the overall damage of the semi adn full auto ones. With that change the SASG damage is almost indentical currently to Super 90, but now we are stuck again in the scenario of one is semi auto AND magazine feed for fast reloads, while the other has a very minimal max damage advantage (less than 10k, small for a shotgun) and has to reload after every shell despite also being semi auto. I really do appreciate the buff to shotgun i really do, but now kinda super 90 has been shoved to the side

eskimosound
08-01-2019, 02:33 AM
Get the Lullaby...

xcel30
08-01-2019, 02:38 AM
Get the Lullaby...

What has lullaby have to do with anything? i'm talking about Super 90 and SASG, not spas-12

eskimosound
08-01-2019, 03:02 AM
What has lullaby have to do with anything? i'm talking about Super 90 and SASG, not spas-12
Oh Sorry

jmart83
08-01-2019, 06:53 AM
The answer is no, there is no reason to use the super 90.i actually did cover that in my thread in suggestions: uncle buckshot. But honestly, I don't use either of those. Every weapon type has at least 1 gun that is just flat out stupid to use, like the FAL. Right now the shotguns have the super 90. But I recommend the 870.

RichardOshea
08-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Shotguns got a well deserved buff in PVE, mainly fixing issue such as why would SPAS be better than the gun that holds less ammo whne both are pump as well the overall damage of the semi adn full auto ones. With that change the SASG damage is almost indentical currently to Super 90, but now we are stuck again in the scenario of one is semi auto AND magazine feed for fast reloads, while the other has a very minimal max damage advantage (less than 10k, small for a shotgun) and has to reload after every shell despite also being semi auto. I really do appreciate the buff to shotgun i really do, but now kinda super 90 has been shoved to the side

Yeah the SASG-12 got quite the buff going from 72k on a good roll to 130k. So what diferentiates them now... The recoil on the SASG is more erratic and violent but the reload is faster and it has a slightly higher rate of fire while the Super 90 has low recoil and spread and slightly higher damage. I've not gotten round to using the SASG post TU5 but now that it's been boosted it's definitely a contender for use.