PDA

View Full Version : Optimization station.

Smoke_some_Bees
07-31-2019, 03:55 PM
Bring it back. The fact that **** rng can nuke someones ability to play with good stats at max gear score is a problem. I don't care about the restrictions on recalibrating, and moving stats around and ****, but the lack of an optimization bench is really annoying. I've been fortunate enough to get the drops I want for the most part, with my main problem being my inability to fit all the great stats I have onto a piece of gear due to the recalibration lock. But my friends have dropped the game one after another after realizing that your ability to optimize your rolls at max gear score is down to what kind of rng you have on drops.

I don't know if removing the optimization bench was a player retention tactic, but it's not working, it's killing the game for people that just want to bump their stats up to be on par with their party. People I know have stopped playing for months at a time due to this sort of endgame stat throttle, and people that want a more balanced build late game get railed even harder cause they have to juggle this problem across three stats and their talents.

It's enough of a trial just getting all the stats you want on a piece of gear, let alone maxing them out. Just let us get our stats together, and bump them to the upper limit. We've already played long enough to hit 500, and decide on a build, just let us do it. Please.

I love the game, it's a massive step in the right direction for these kinds of games. I love playing it, I love the aesthetic, I love the cosmetics, the ****'s good. But please, just give us a few more precise tools to work our builds out.

YodaMan 3D
07-31-2019, 04:06 PM
It's a catch 22. If Ubi/Massive makes you rely on farming loot, then players either farm like crazy and quit cause RNG is stacked against them. Or give them a chance to optomize and then players quit because they geared up to fast and didn't need to farm as much.

LubzinNJ
07-31-2019, 04:24 PM
It's a catch 22. If Ubi/Massive makes you rely on farming loot, then players either farm like crazy and quit cause RNG is stacked against them. Or give them a chance to optomize and then players quit because they geared up to fast and didn't need to farm as much.

With how much crafting and re calibration costs in materials you'd need to be constantly farming for material and loot to break down just to optimize a piece of gear more than a few times lol

III_Hammer_III
07-31-2019, 05:20 PM

I don't see it as an equivalency.

I think, by far, farming and not getting what you want/need will discourage players to continue playing much more than being overpowered.

B0baChef
07-31-2019, 06:08 PM
I'm sure it will show up at some point, but I suspect we won't be seeing this until like end of year 1 or some point in year 2 like in the original Division game.

Riflemania
07-31-2019, 06:27 PM
I am against bringing back the Optimization station, it does not fix the complexity of the loot system.

Let us change two attributes but you cannot change one attribute and one talent, it's either 2 attributes or 1 talent can be changed.

And take away the cap on attributes.

This would still make us farm like crazy but atleast you will have a better chance of geting the loot you want.

xcel30
07-31-2019, 06:57 PM
Too soon in the game life spam and the only gear that is hard to find are exotics that got fixed by having always the best rolls

YodaMan 3D
07-31-2019, 07:24 PM
With how much crafting and re calibration costs in materials you'd need to be constantly farming for material and loot to break down just to optimize a piece of gear more than a few times lol

Once a player farms and gets their perfect build, they don't need to farm if they optimized. No real need to farm after that, you won't need the Mats unless you like building set after set. Which many players won't do.

I don't see it as an equivalency.

I think, by far, farming and not getting what you want/need will discourage players to continue playing much more than being overpowered.

Take TD, once the GEs came around and they had added all of the Recal and Optimize Stations. It wasn't hard to make you happy and get the builds you wanted. I saw a pretty hefty drop off of players at that time from my friends list. Now before the GEs players was struggling to get certain pieces and some players just got tired of running the same mission on repeat, hoping to get the loot they wanted. Ubi/Massive needs that sweet spot in between. Where the farming isn't terrible, but it isn't a given either.