PDA

View Full Version : help! i can't figure out how to climb, move!

randall9127
12-12-2008, 08:44 AM
i am a total noob and could use some help, please! just bought Prince of Persia and a Playstation3. Frustrating. I figured out how to climb a short ledge, jump across a small gap, run a short wall-- frustrating just to figure out wall run. Fought first bad guy as I followed Elika. Now I am stuck at the edge of a big cliff, I can not figure out how to progress. This game is really frustrating! I am about ready to return the PS3 and sell POP on ebay if I can not figure out how to move through the gameworld of Prince of Persia! I am scared to open the other $60 PS3 game I bought (Lair) for fear I will be stuck with another opened $60 game that I can not enjoy. What am I missing here, I want to play this game! Before I bought the game I watched the trailers on youtube from the makers of the game and it sounded like Elika would help me along; but she just keeps running ahead out of view and leaving me hopping like a frog in a box stuck in rock land.

fahRENheit2006
12-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Are you familiar with the older Prince of Persia games? That was my problem, I thought the controls were going to be exactly like Sands of Time or Warrior Within and they aren't.

Don't worry about Elika, she'll be joining you shortly.

A lot of the controls in this game are fairly automated. Your problem might be that you're holding down your buttons. You don't need to.

Prince's wallrun in this game is incredibly basic. All you have to do is hit X to jump at the wall. Don't hit anything else; the second Prince touches the wall when you land on it, he will start running along it automatically. You only need to press X again if you need to jump off the wall.

randall9127
12-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Okay that helps. I was holding down x, thinking i had to do more. Well i progressed some, Elika is following me. But now i am trying to find some temple Elika wants me to take her to, and i (as always) find myself in a canyon surrounded by high walls an no idea how to climb them! Argh! Frustrating. I just ordered the strategy guide off Amazon, i hope it will help. If i could just figure out what do to when surrounded by cliffs/wall, that is frustrating! Like being a rat in a box scratching at the walls and no way out!

randall9127
12-12-2008, 10:11 AM
It is getting fun now! I was caught in a dead end surrounded by cliffs, frustrated, then I looked around more and realized I needed to travel with Elika the other direction! The blind canyon i was in was the game's way i guess of telling me go another way, like in a maze. Easy to get disoriented in the game, in the canyons, and Elika is not much help when she says "we need to go this way"-- well that is not much help unless she would hold her fricken hand out and point for crying out loud! But Elika and me made it to the temple, I learned to climb the wall and fissure, help Elika turn a crank and open a large temple door, went in, saved the game, will return to play later (going to go see the new movie out in theaters The Day the Earth Stood Still). I think I am getting the gist of the game, it is just that the way the Prince (me) runs walls and all seems to unnatural, my fear of falling keeps me from trying it, but now Elika pulls me back up to safety if I try something and fall.

cyankees
12-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by fahRENheit2006:
Are you familiar with the older Prince of Persia games? That was my problem, I thought the controls were going to be exactly like Sands of Time or Warrior Within and they aren't.

Don't worry about Elika, she'll be joining you shortly.

A lot of the controls in this game are fairly automated. Your problem might be that you're holding down your buttons. You don't need to.

Prince's wallrun in this game is incredibly basic. All you have to do is hit X to jump at the wall. Don't hit anything else; the second Prince touches the wall when you land on it, he will start running along it automatically. You only need to press X again if you need to jump off the wall.

Funny I had the Same Problem, First I was always falling down the edge or jumping as soon as I was running.... When I understood the principle I was thinking " okay the game does everything by himself whats the fun in it ?" Ok at the end of the game it is fun.. But i still keep my preferences for the first 3 POP gameplay ^^

spermatized
12-15-2008, 11:16 PM
GEE WIZ, I got of the first fight, but i dont know where to go, i managed to gather 16 powers or something, however i dont know wher to go next. When i press Y, Elika's compass showed me back to the ruined temple....and it kept showing me the main netrance that is covered with blacked ooozzee....i tried to climb back and thought that i can open the gate again , however, i failed...please could someone help me , i', familiar with POP. but with this new game , i feel pretty much helpless....besides i dont see a lot of enemies to kill, its more like of a crystal maze type ala amazing race...the good part is you got a chick to go with.....please help me...i really need to get through , otherise, it will be one of those games that i might end up shelving, last i checked, it was ENDwars...

sincerely, XBOXpermatized.

D-Rock988
12-16-2008, 12:00 AM
alright, u probably don't have enough of the (the word you're looking for is light seeds). You have to collect quite a few before you get any of the new powers. But when you do you can go back to the temple and there will be glowing circles on the floor. Just stand on one and press either y or triangle and you should get it. Anyone else need any help? I beat this game in 3 days...it was way too easy i may have to take it back and go get Left 4 Dead or something.

SharonPhull
12-17-2008, 02:16 PM
please please help me - just brought the game - i am in the temple - i have had a flight with elikas father, beat some other person and now i have to get out of the temple but i am totally totally stuck. I am at a point where there is a large wall i can not climb at all.. i think thats where i am meant to go - going aroud in circles - at the top of the wall there is a large beam of light and i am sure i need to get to it.. please help.. my first ps3 game and im rubbish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

fahRENheit2006
12-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by SharonPhull:
please please help me - just brought the game - i am in the temple - i have had a flight with elikas father, beat some other person and now i have to get out of the temple but i am totally totally stuck. I am at a point where there is a large wall i can not climb at all.. i think thats where i am meant to go - going aroud in circles - at the top of the wall there is a large beam of light and i am sure i need to get to it.. please help.. my first ps3 game and im rubbish http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
You don't need to worry about those beams of light, they aren't integral to the part of the game you're at. Is Elika with you now? It's time to leave the temple, there should be stairs leading up to a platform and some giant doors to go to.

mtcat1977
12-20-2008, 11:52 AM
n00b here as well and I cannot figure out how to successfully wall run. If I manage to get running, it never lasts long enough. wtf? I too played the older games and I know that's messing me up. I've stopped hitting/holding down A (xbox360) but I can't figure out if the camera direction is what controls his movement, or how much the left controls are needed to keep him going.

help?

mtcat1977
12-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I might add I'm horribly good at jumping up, climbing just a bit and then sliding down. frog in a rock canyon indeed. I managed this last night when I wasn't thinking as hard, but this morning, I can't wall run for my life.

not sure if that helps explain what I am doing to figure out what I'm doing WRONG, but hopefully .....

dmonbloodbane
12-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Lame, so this noobie gets all the help and not one reply to my thread??????????????? (map button wont work..)
come on guys, wots up?? I have never played any prince of persia games.. do they all have dumb gliches like this one????