PDA

View Full Version : Masyaf Planks & Masyaf Easter Eggs in AC:R (Spoilers)

dewgel
11-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Okay fellows

Am I missing something here? In a few gameplay clips I've seen Ezio up on the planks where you do your first leap of faith in AC1.

In a couple of the trailers, he sees Altair's ghost.. but I've never been able to get up there myself.

Secondly, have any of you found the Masyaf Easter Eggs? There's a few in Sequence 1 Memory 3/4, where when you come from the library if you interact with things like Al Mualims table, you will see Altair's ghost jump through the glass window (as he did after Maria died) and another one of him picking Al Mualim's body up off the floor (when you interact with a bookcase)

Any others I've missed?

LightRey
11-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by dewgel:
Okay fellows

Am I missing something here? In a few gameplay clips I've seen Ezio up on the planks where you do your first leap of faith in AC1.

In a couple of the trailers, he sees Altair's ghost.. but I've never been able to get up there myself.

Secondly, have any of you found the Masyaf Easter Eggs? There's a few in Sequence 1 Memory 3/4, where when you come from the library if you interact with things like Al Mualims table, you will see Altair's ghost jump through the glass window (as he did after Maria died) and another one of him picking Al Mualim's body up off the floor (when you interact with a bookcase)

Any others I've missed?
Ezio gets up there during the introduction, which is the trailer.

I've seen all those easter eggs yes. Quite interesting.

dewgel
11-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah I know ezio goes up there in the intro. I mean actual gameplay trailers had shown footage of him up there and altairs ghost there too. If you look up you can see a route up there but its blocked off.

LightRey
11-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah I know ezio goes up there in the intro. I mean actual gameplay trailers had shown footage of him up there and altairs ghost there too. If you look up you can see a route up there but its blocked off.
You sure? I don't remember such a gameplay trailer like that.

If there was one then it could very well have been some kind of early build.

dewgel
11-27-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm on my mobile so can't link but check the end of an era trailer, dubstep pax trailer amongst others. They show actual gameplay footage of him up there

LightRey
11-27-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm on my mobile so can't link but check the end of an era trailer, dubstep pax trailer amongst others. They show actual gameplay footage of him up there
Looks like it was just something they maybe tried, but eventually changed to what it is now.

MrAnarchist
11-27-2011, 10:20 AM
I believe in one of the trailers for the original assassin's creed you can see altair standing on jerusalem's city wall. I think it's safe to say they just put ezio on the plank for the sake of making the trailer look cooler. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Assassin_M
11-27-2011, 10:24 AM
GOD !! I hate it when they do that..
i keep trying to get to that place, thinking that because it is in the trailer, then there must be a way to get up there.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

LightRey
11-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
GOD !! I hate it when they do that..
i keep trying to get to that place, thinking that because it is in the trailer, then there must be a way to get up there.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
maybe with hax... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

dewgel
11-27-2011, 10:47 AM
It's not a big game changer for me but they shouldn't advertise something that's not in it. It's in the most recent launch trailer too which was from the final build. Looks like they just debugged.up there.

raven11d
11-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Okay fellows

Any others I've missed?

i believe there are 3 .. you can also interact with some books, on the opposit side of the bookcase you metioned

Randy 355
11-27-2011, 03:58 PM
They probably don't let you up there cause you can't actually perform leaps of faith? That's my best guess.