PDA

View Full Version : Is it my card?

walsh2509
10-31-2004, 08:54 PM
I went on the 1st wave mission to PH in a A2M6-21 and put a 250lb bomb on it.. and unlimited ammo..

I bombed everthing I could see and the initial explosions as the bombs hit the ships and everything else looked good enough...

But apart from some smoke off the ships , the buildings and parked planes on the airfield never had any secondary explosions nor did the houses burn or plant that I hit ( was it an oil plant? ) or power ? no matter there were no secondary explosion or heavy burning plant or houses??

And I must say initial explosion apart it all looked very poor!

Is it my card? GF4 TI4200 128Mb or the setting I have in the game ( High )?

P4 2Ghz
1Gb DDR
80Gb seagate Hd
GF4 TI4200 128Mb
Win XP Home

walsh2509
10-31-2004, 08:54 PM
I went on the 1st wave mission to PH in a A2M6-21 and put a 250lb bomb on it.. and unlimited ammo..

I bombed everthing I could see and the initial explosions as the bombs hit the ships and everything else looked good enough...

But apart from some smoke off the ships , the buildings and parked planes on the airfield never had any secondary explosions nor did the houses burn or plant that I hit ( was it an oil plant? ) or power ? no matter there were no secondary explosion or heavy burning plant or houses??

And I must say initial explosion apart it all looked very poor!

Is it my card? GF4 TI4200 128Mb or the setting I have in the game ( High )?

P4 2Ghz
1Gb DDR
80Gb seagate Hd
GF4 TI4200 128Mb
Win XP Home

-HH-Quazi
10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
As far as the explosions looking poor, yea, maybe your card. But as far as the other, no. This is how the sim has been coded to react. And I am sure if there are enough complaints about it that maybe the next patch might contain a fix that will allow secondary explosions in oil plants and the like. And aboard carriers once they are hit in an area of the ship where fuel is stored or ordinance is stored. There's no way your card can "not" cause these things to happen in game.

BTW, how is the 4200 holding up with PF overall. I have a squad mate with one of these cards. I'd like to be able to tell him what to expect.

walsh2509
11-01-2004, 04:08 AM
its ok doing well .. I run Lock On with it!