PDA

View Full Version : Is a MEDIC now pointless with RUB 1.43?

Col_Tibbetts
09-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Hey I am about to go on patrol 2 and I need to decide on a qualification for one of my petty officers. I was thinking about making someone a medic but if crew fatigue does not recover with RUB 1.43 then what good is a medic? Will a wounded crewmember die if not placed in a compartment with a medic?

The obvious problem is that with RUB 1.43 a medic maay be able to stop the bleeding, but the crewman will never heal or recover.

Just wondering...

Gunnersman
09-12-2005, 10:49 PM
I didnt know they were of any use. I didnt even think to ask this. I would be curious to know also.

Usually when my guys are caught on the tower and are hit by a bomb or a shell...they die instantly.

But can you actually save someone who is wounded...or at least can a wounded man die if you do not have a medic?

The_Silent_O
09-13-2005, 12:29 PM
I've been playing for about 3 months now...and I've not had ONE wounded sailor...What's up?

Anybody have a wounded sailor that was healed by the medic?

gunnulf229
09-13-2005, 12:37 PM
I have had several crew members wounded (I am not using any mods, running 1.4). Had a medic, and he did in fact help my crew member recover. Oddly enough, the wounded man was entitled to a badge, that I could not assign to him when we returned to base (The Wound Badge). Guess the sim considered him "not wounded" when we got home.

fizilbert
09-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Medics do not help in any way with fatigue.

Yes, a wounded man placed in the quarters without a medic can die. Yes, a wounded man placed in the quarters with a medic can die. Having a medic increased your chances of saving the crewmember. It's not a quarantee.

Anton_Reinhold
09-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Speaking of dead crew members, it says that you cannot bury your dead while submerged! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Excuse me, but what ever happend to saying a few words and firing their remains out a torpdeo tube? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Gunnersman
09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Thanks fizilbert.