PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me??

Godly1
02-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Hey guys. Is there anyway one of you could send me the 4.03m patch on CD? I dont have broadband and it wil take me over 12 hours to download it with modem. I wish to God I lived somewhere other than the boonies. Cant even get cable out here.

Godly1
02-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Hey guys. Is there anyway one of you could send me the 4.03m patch on CD? I dont have broadband and it wil take me over 12 hours to download it with modem. I wish to God I lived somewhere other than the boonies. Cant even get cable out here.

Maple_Tiger
02-16-2006, 07:33 AM
I feel for ya and, I also live in the boonies. Hey, mayby we are neighbors?

What country do you live in?

Troll2k
02-16-2006, 02:06 PM
Get a download manager.That way if it quits it will resume where it left off.

12 hours you say.How long does it take to get it by mail?

jalopi
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
I also live out in the boonies, about 10miles from any town(theres a small township 2miles) anyhow, theres no DSL or cable out here. Luckily in the big town there are several ISPs that offer wireless. They have transmitters all over and they come and install a reciever, they used one of their 50ft poles plus I added another 20ft so they could set theirs into, yes almost 70ft( theres 3ft in the ground and 18inches of theirs inside the top of mine) Anyhow, you may want to look into this type of service being out into the boonies. Atleast here, I get anywhere between 3Mbs to 6Mbs, depending on type of day and users on the network, ofcourse.

jalopi
02-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I should have added, almost 70ft because had to clear trees. Also the price, atleast for me, isn't bad. $350 intial install payment, then only $25 a month. The other 2 around here both are $250 install and $50 a month. I wanted the lower monthly payment.

Zeus-cat
02-16-2006, 06:27 PM
A download manager works great if you don't have high speed. I used GetRight (I think that's what it was) before I got DSL and it worked fine. You should be able to download a manager and get the patch in less than a day. That's faster than waiting for someone to mail it to you.

Godly1
02-18-2006, 01:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maple_Tiger:
I feel for ya and, I also live in the boonies. Hey, mayby we are neighbors?

What country do you live in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maple_Tiger
I live in the US in Alabama... I have redneck written all over me. Where abouts are you from? Our phone lines in my area are **** and I only log on at 38,000Kbps at the fastest.They cant even handle ISDN. How bad are yours?

steve_v
02-18-2006, 08:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Godly1:
I live in the US in Alabama... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Howdy from your neighbor in Decatur, Georgia. If you PT me with your name and address, I can burn the disc today and have it in the mail for you Tuesday. (Monday is Presidents Day)

Browning50cal
02-19-2006, 01:16 AM
It only took me 10hrs. to download 4.03 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I just started the download and went to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I had 4.03m.

Sakai_Campaign2.0 for 4.03m at airwarfare.com (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns.htm#051)