PDA

View Full Version : Any one own a X52 Pro?

mynameisroland
05-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Im thinking of buying one just wanted any feedback from IL2 owners, specifically is it worth getting getting a Pro over the original X52?

Thanks.

Codex1971
05-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Well I have the original X52 and would seriously consider it (if I had the $$$) for the simple fact that the centering cone is now metal not plastic and the spring is stiffer. I've put some grease on the cone which makes it feel smoother but it is getting worn.

mynameisroland
05-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Ive got a Cyborg non FF and a CH Combat stick. I dont like the softness of the springs on the CH stick. I was hoping the X52 pro would be more like the Saitek Cyborgs resistance level with the added bonus of it looking better than the silver and blue X52. I read in a review that the X52 Pro has 2 x springs around the base of the stick as well as the metal disc.

MidwestPunx1
05-28-2007, 10:34 AM
im thinking of getting an X52 and from what i heard its pretty awesome.. i cant say anything for the pro though

Philipscdrw
05-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I think for the full WW2 experience you need to attach a spade handle to a floor-mounted joystick and use the CH 6-slider throttle, with identical handles on all sliders, next to your left thigh - well out of line-of-sight - to operate the throttles, pitch, flaps, radiators, airbrakes and undercarriage. You're not allowed to put any buttons on the controls except to fire or drop weapons, apply the wheel brakes, transmit on TeamSpeak, and do sim-interface stuff like controlling your view or bailing out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

HOTAS is an invention of the sixties! Martin-Baker was considered visionary in the early forties for putting a floor in the cockpit of the M.B.5. The Blenheim had three identical hydraulic valves, for operating the flaps, undercarriage, and gun-turret, conveniently located behind the pilot's right elbow - if you turn the gun-turret supply on instead of the undercarriage system then you won't have the power to raise or lower the undercarriage. That was the state of cockpit design in the WW2 period... controls just placed wherever they happened to fit...

Ernst_Rohr
05-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I have an X52 pro, and I had upgraded from the X52.

I really liked the X52, but there were issues with the rotaries not centering up properly and needing deadzone adjustment.

The Pro fixed all those issues, and the stick is much much tighter in terms of response. The base for the throttle isnt as heavy has the original, and thats about the only knock against it. Otherwise its a substantial improvement over the original X52, which wasnt bad to begin with.

mynameisroland
05-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Ernst_Rohr, would you say the resistance of the Pro's stick is greater than that of the X52? I like the Cyborgs resistance and have hear that the X52 ( original) is a little looser.

I can get a X52 pro here in the UK for around 107.00 or an X52 for around 69.

Ernst_Rohr
05-28-2007, 02:43 PM
My Pro was signifigantly stiffer than the original X52. It will still flop around if you bang on it horizontally, but no where near as bad as the original.

Spaturnio
05-28-2007, 02:56 PM
I have an X-52 Pro
fine joystick but I cant get it work with the included programmable software.
I had to remap the button in game.
Fine joystick for it's cost, but I definitely would like better an FF X52 set if it ever becomes available.