PDA

View Full Version : I can't use my HTC Vive when launching directly through Uplay

sybeam2
07-25-2019, 08:31 PM
When I open the game to play it in VR, I get a prompt to edit the bindings of the Vive controllers because the settings aren't saved in the installation folder. How do I fix this?

Ubi-Kay
07-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Hello,

Are you launching the non-VR Open Beta or the VR version?

sybeam2
07-27-2019, 08:05 PM
Hello,

Are you launching the non-VR Open Beta or the VR version?

I'm not sure, but the game works fine through the headset. I can track the headset properly while I have it on and the game knows I'm using an HTC Vive, as I see a Vive controller in the tutorial. However, I cannot use either of the Vive wands, as Steam through the Steam overlay says that there's no default bindings set for the controllers.

SleepyNero_
07-30-2019, 01:31 AM
Seems like the ovr_bindings folder is missing from the beta. Simply copy this folder over from the regular build of the game and this should resolve the issue.

Ubi-Woofer
10-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Hey SleepyNero_, thank you for sharing your workaround / solution on this thread for sybeam2 to refer to. I hope that it helped to resolve the issue.

sybeam2, are you able to confirm whether you did resolve the issue, or if you still require any assistance?