PDA

View Full Version : Are you kidding with myself Ubisoft???

Fallfuturer
07-24-2019, 08:25 AM
i am 48 centurion rep, i have been expecting his rework since season 5, waiting every day for him to be reshaped, you have reshaped ALL the heroes who were weak, lawbringer, shugoki and even raider, and after a long time waiting for a change decent for the centurion, after many seasons being tortured with the centurion, you have the perfect opportunity to rework the centurion, gladiator, pk and nobushi, what do you do ???, you give a damn rework on oroshi, shinobi , and nobushi, nobushi and I understand, BUT oroshi and shinobi ??????????, the thing that I am outraged to know is that you gave a shinobi zone attack cancellation a few weeks ago, WHY you didn't give a centurion cancellation to the centurion knowing shinobi would be reworked ???, i give up on this game, i'm waiting for my main to reformulate since season 5, i'm getting sadder and hopeless every day with for honor, having to wait 3 MONTHS for my main chance to get a rework is ****, you're probably going to close this thread like you do with all the people who expose how bad the game is getting, I'm getting sadder with that For honor became, it was such an addictive and cool game, nowadays it's in this state. I really hope to have the desire to play just like before.

I still trust that you can reverse this situation, just do what the community says.

Halvtand
07-24-2019, 08:29 AM
This is why Shinobi is getting a rework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8_5vSm1vc
Orochi is still a mystery though with many characters in the game being a lot weaker for a long time. The current thought is that Orochi still is a highly picked hero and with the way this game's feedback has been going lately they need a win with a lot of players at once. Reworking a popular hero could give them that.

Fallfuturer
07-24-2019, 08:36 AM
Orochi is still a mystery though with many characters in the game being a lot weaker for a long time. The current thought is that Orochi still is a highly picked hero and with the way this game's feedback has been going lately they need a win with a lot of players at once. Reworking a popular hero could give them that.

Centurion is a very popular hero as well as gladiator, aramusha and etc, it would be much more right for them to rework a hero that hasn't changed since season 2 than to give 2 reworks a hero.

INCREDlBILIS
07-24-2019, 02:36 PM
I know your feeling bro, i was waiting cent rework just like you. Im very sad, im annoyed by this type of development that they show to the community. No sense, we wait biblic times to get a rework discussed so many times by the community and they rework the same stupid pussycat orochi.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-24-2019, 03:04 PM
I would force the devs at this point to learn pk, cent, glad, warlord and kensei, sort them into 4 men groups and make them play 20 4v4 pug matches with access to only them. Whoever wins 10 out of 20 may keep his/her job.

Hormly
07-24-2019, 03:25 PM
Are you doing the joking having towards me? Ubisoft?

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 02:47 AM
I understand, BUT oroshi and shinobi ??????????

Shinobi is long overdue for a rework, he needs it more than any other hero because he's currently not at all viable for 1v1 combat; his kit is FULL of moves that are overly punishable and too risky to use in 1v1. Long Range Heavy is useless, Long Range GB is useless, Kick is too easy to dodge and react to; Slide Tackle is as slow as snails and no good for offensive tactics; Double Dodge is vulnerable to guard break; NO viable options for consecutive attack combos.....the list goes on and on.

The drawbacks of using the Centurion doesn't even come remotely close to the disadvantages of playing as the Shinobi. Not only are Shinobi players like myself frustrated with the lack of competetive balance with the Shinobi, but even Non-Shinobi players are annoyed because the only option is for the Shinobi to fight in a hit-and-run style and rely on Light Attacks. No enjoys this; therefore, a major change was needed for the Shinobi to become competitive.

If Ubisoft reversed such a decision after already announcing to the public which Heroes are being updated, that would only diminish the communities trust in them; why would you even suggest such an idea that harms Ubisoft's own credibility?

They cannot please everyone to begin with, and I am one of the players that is EXTREMELY grateful that they are updating the Orochi and Shinobi. The Samurai faction as a whole has not been competitive for a long time.There are a lot more people playing Centurion and other heroes, while a lot less people playing the Shinobi.

Ubisoft has listened to the community and they have answered by reworking Heroes that are weak and ineffective; I am pleased that they made the right choice and I'm looking forward to seeing what they change about the Shinobi.

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 02:57 AM
Centurion is a very popular hero as well as gladiator, aramusha and etc, it would be much more right for them to rework a hero that hasn't changed since season 2 than to give 2 reworks a hero.

Even you admitted that the Centurion is already a very popular hero, that just goes to show why he doesn't need a rework as much as the Shinobi does. Fewer players are using the Shinobi because he is one of the least viable Heroes in the current state of the game for 1v1 combat. A popular hero means that something is going right. Everyone knows that the Shinobi is not competitive in 1v1; a significant change for the Shinobi is DEFINITELY needed.

If you place a Centurion vs a Shinobi in a duel; it is the Centurion that has the clear advantage, do you dispute this fact? Essentially every other hero that goes against a Shinobi in 1v1 has the default upper-hand since the Shinobi's kit is extremely ineffective during face-to-face confrontations. His only real advantage is being able to Range Attack during 4v4 team fights when the opponent lacks line-of-sight. Everyone knows those Ranged Attacks are utterly useless in 1v1. He needs better options to be viable in melee combat.

I'm very glad to find out that they're making changes.

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 03:13 AM

Here are some interesting quotes that Freeze said in the video link which helps to explain some of the reasons why the Shinobi needs a rework:

Freeze's Quote about the SHINOBI'S LONG-RANGED ATTACKS:

"Shinobi's Ranged Heavies are Utterly Useless in 1v1 situations."

Freeze's Quotes about the SHINOBI'S KICK:

"Shinobi's kick is the perfect representation of something that is completely and utterly useless as offense. "The move itself is completely reactable, multiple reasons in my opinion, first of all, the double dodge is required as a set up, giving even the slowest of players ample time to turn on their brain and remember that a kick might be coming out."

Freeze's Quote about the SHINOBI'S SLIDE TACKLE:

"The move went from unreactable to snail-type movement, another example of something completely reactable."

Freeze's Quote about SHINOBI'S RE-LOCK SPEED:

"For whatever reason it is longer than everybody else's. Not a positive thing, but certainly something out of the ordinary."

ballon009
07-25-2019, 03:38 AM
Here are some interesting quotes that Freeze said in the video link which helps to explain some of the reasons why the Shinobi needs a rework:

Freeze's Quote about the SHINOBI'S LONG-RANGED ATTACKS:

"Shinobi's Ranged Heavies are Utterly Useless in 1v1 situations."

Freeze's Quotes about the SHINOBI'S KICK:

"Shinobi's kick is the perfect representation of something that is completely and utterly useless as offense. "The move itself is completely reactable, multiple reasons in my opinion, first of all, the double dodge is required as a set up, giving even the slowest of players ample time to turn on their brain and remember that a kick might be coming out."

Freeze's Quote about the SHINOBI'S SLIDE TACKLE:

"The move went from unreactable to snail-type movement, another example of something completely reactable."

Freeze's Quote about SHINOBI'S RE-LOCK SPEED:

"For whatever reason it is longer than everybody else's. Not a positive thing, but certainly something out of the ordinary."

This is absolutely correct. Being a shin main it’s for sure a problem. I always get conflicted between just setting my team with long range grabs, kicking them to interrupt hits, or sneaking in heavies when I can.

Sometimes I will deflect- but due to HA this usually results in getting hit in face and loosing 50% of your HP. And all things considered shin had very slow light attacks. Almost every hero had lights that are the same speed. Add to the fact of shins fastest decaying block in the game and relatively slow zone switches and yeeee.

I feel like an easy fix to shin would be to allow him to change the Long range GB into a back flip before it connects into a whip. This would be done by E at ANY time in the move. Not just at the start like fients.

This would allow him to soft fient a LGB ad then fake it, kick the person in a mid air change, and the. Sickle rain them.

Another option is to give shinobi a counter stance ability perk in tier 2. This would make shinobi able to parry an attack into a deflect. By doing parry , () + /——/ . That would actually allow shin to deal with turtles who like to fient a lot. Since on parry he would be able to land a deflect. This would be a deflect similar to Orochi where you can dodge it to ensure it’s not broken.

Fallfuturer
07-25-2019, 04:05 AM
Even you admitted that the Centurion is already a very popular hero, that just goes to show why he doesn't need a rework as much as the Shinobi does. Fewer players are using the Shinobi because he is one of the least viable Heroes in the current state of the game for 1v1 combat. A popular hero means that something is going right. Everyone knows that the Shinobi is not competitive in 1v1; a significant change for the Shinobi is DEFINITELY needed.

If you place a Centurion vs a Shinobi in a duel; it is the Centurion that has the clear advantage, do you dispute this fact? Essentially every other hero that goes against a Shinobi in 1v1 has the default upper-hand since the Shinobi's kit is extremely ineffective during face-to-face confrontations. His only real advantage is being able to Range Attack during 4v4 team fights when the opponent lacks line-of-sight. Everyone knows those Ranged Attacks are utterly useless in 1v1. He needs better options to be viable in melee combat.

I'm very glad to find out that they're making changes.

put a shinobi and centurion in 1v1 and you'll find that any centurion shinobi attacks can dodge and punish you with a kick, either light attack or heavy attack, shinobi is great at high levels in my opinion, even because you can pretend to kick followed by a grab, he has good light attacks that guarantee 2 attacks and good heavy attacks, the high level centurion is a disgrace, his high level kick is horrible, everyone can dodge, the light ones The centurion's attack is pretty easy to defend and the heavies are no crap, you have to be too low to fall into his cancellations. you are probably happy because you are main shinobi and main oroshi, two heroes that have been in an ACCEPTABLE situation lately, I want to see you become main centurion and play 1v1 and 4v4 with him.

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 04:45 AM
put a shinobi and centurion in 1v1 and you'll find that any centurion shinobi attacks can dodge and punish you with a kick, either light attack or heavy attack, shinobi is great at high levels in my opinion, even because you can pretend to kick followed by a grab, he has good light attacks that guarantee 2 attacks and good heavy attacks, the high level centurion is a disgrace, his high level kick is horrible, everyone can dodge, the light ones The centurion's attack is pretty easy to defend and the heavies are no crap, you have to be too low to fall into his cancellations. you are probably happy because you are main shinobi and main oroshi, two heroes that have been in an ACCEPTABLE situation lately, I want to see you become main centurion and play 1v1 and 4v4 with him.

As mentioned in Freeze's video, the Shinobi's kick is "utterly reactable" because it is slow and requires the double dodge just to set-up, so I'm sure that a Rep 48 Centurion like yourself is able to dodge it. A Shinobi cannot can't effectively "pretend" to kick either because the double dodge is vulnerable to Guard Break in the first place. If you're not guard breaking the double dash before the kick even starts then you're not fighting against the Shinobi correctly. And if the Shinobi is too far away for you to guard break while he's in mist form, then he's not close enough to attack you either. I can easily slay most Shinobi opponents with every hero that I've ever played because I know all of the Shinobi's vulnerabilities; he's incredibly easy to predict because he has severely limited options and combos in his kit.

I will gladly accept your challenge and start using the Centurion for myself, since literally every Hero in this game is easier to learn and more viable in 1v1 than the Shinobi. At the very least, I'll test out the Centurion until my Shinobi update goes live. Perhaps you should start using the Shinobi so that you can see just how punishable and ineffective this hero is in 1v1 before the update.

littlefluffyegg
07-25-2019, 04:49 AM
As mentioned in Freeze's video, the Shinobi's kick is "utterly reactable" because it is slow and requires the double dodge just to set-up, so I'm sure that a Rep 48 Centurion like yourself is able to dodge it. But I will gladly accept your challenge and start using the Centurion for myself, since literally every Hero in this game is easier to learn and more viable in 1v1 than the Shinobi. At the very least, I'll test out the Centurion until my Shinobi update goes live.

I can guarantee you that the shinobi rework will strip him of his broken tools and make him much worse than he is right now.Or at least i hope so because that sounds like the only plausible explanation as to why they'd pick shinobi over centurion.

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 05:03 AM
I can guarantee you that the shinobi rework will strip him of his broken tools and make him much worse than he is right now.Or at least i hope so because that sounds like the only plausible explanation as to why they'd pick shinobi over centurion.

It is brave of you to guarantee something when you don't even know the details of what Ubisoft is going to change.

The only thing they said was they are updating the Shinobi to make him " more competitive"; that terminology does not sound like a rework nerf to me, they're trying to make the Shinobi more viable.

And at this point, I don't think it can get much worse than he already is, I'm willing to give any new changes a chance. If they make the Shinobi even less viable for 1v1 combat, then Shinobi players like myself will compensate by using even more annoying tactics against our opponents. We will do whatever we can to survive and it would only piss off the community even more. Shinobi needs to be viable and competitive.

If the Shinobi gets stripped of effective tactics, it is the entire For Honor community that ends up paying the price because nerfing a Hero usually results in players being forced to spam the only attacks that can land a hit; combat becomes boring and repetitious. Are you sure you want to hope for such a thing? Because I guarantee that you would be sorely disappointed if that happens once you discover the consequences.

littlefluffyegg
07-25-2019, 05:26 AM
It is brave of you to guarantee something when you don't even know the details of what Ubisoft is going to change.

The only thing they said was they are updating the Shinobi to make him " more competitive"; that terminology does not sound like a rework nerf to me, they're trying to make the Shinobi more viable.

And at this point, I don't think it can get much worse than he already is, I'm willing to give any new changes a chance. If they make the Shinobi even less viable for 1v1 combat, then Shinobi players like myself will compensate by using even more annoying tactics against our opponents. We will do whatever we can to survive and it would only piss off the community even more. Shinobi needs to be viable and competitive.

If the Shinobi gets stripped of effective tactics, it is the entire For Honor community that ends up paying the price because nerfing a Hero usually results in players being forced to spam the only attacks that can land a hit; combat becomes boring and repetitious. Are you sure you want to hope for such a thing? Because I guarantee that you would be sorely disappointed if that happens once you discover the consequences.

Shinobi is the most viable hero right now,he can only go down from here lol

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 05:50 AM
Shinobi is the most viable hero right now,he can only go down from here lol

You say that he is the most viable hero which is an obvious lie and the statistics do not support such an erroneous claim. Very few players use the Shinobi because he is not competitive and when it comes to 1v1 combat the Shinobi ranks as B Tier at the most. You're clearly just trying to be a troll, I shall ignore you going forward. Good bye.

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 06:10 AM
I want to see you become main centurion and play 1v1 and 4v4 with him.

So far I am already enjoying the Centurion A LOT more than the Shinobi.

1. Infinite Jab and Throw Mix-up puts enormous pressure on opponents and there isn't a lot they can do to defend against it.

2.Lion's Pounce into Eagle's Talon is much easier to pull off than Sickle Rain, it is incredibly satisfying to use, it pins down enemies, and it deals outstanding damage. I wish the Shinobi had something like this.

3.Jab Into Wall Splat Mix Up is more deadly than every single mix-up in the Shinobi's moveset and it can actually land on opponents effectively unlike the Shinobi's heavily telegraphed Kick Mix-Ups.

4. Quick Throw into Knockback Kick is excellent in close quarters and gets opponents pinned against walls and in tight spaces.

5. Eagle's Fury Alternate Mix Up is a massive dominating combo; the Shinobi does not have any mix-ups that allows them to attack this rapidly and consecutively. Centurion feels like a machine gun compared to Shinobi because of how frequently he can attack without any breaks.

6. Eagle's Talons Finisher Mix Up is absolutely amazing for punishing opponents after a parry, it is far easier to use than Shinobi's deflects and is rewarding to do.

At this rate, I might not ever go back to using the Shinobi because right off the bat I am noticing that the Centurion's combos are MUCH more viable in combat than the Shinobi's mix-ups.

Centurion is also significantly more enjoyable to play in comparison to the Shinobi.

I definitely feel like my Rep Zero Centurion could defeat an opposing hero with much less effort than my Rep 27 Shinobi. We'll see the results soon enough. When I parry enemy Heroes using the Eagle's Talons Finisher Mix Up, it seems like they are completely helpless to stop me. It's interesting to see what it's like from the Centurion's point of view.

It is also INCREDIBLY advantageous that I don't have to deal with the Shinobi's small reactive blocking windows, parrying and blocking is SO much easier with the Centurion, I'm having quite a bit of fun with Eagle's Talons Finisher Mix Up and the fact that it eats up the enemies stamina is icing on the cake.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-25-2019, 06:41 AM
How do the jabs put any pressure on anyone? They are almost as easy to reaction punish as a lawbringer's longarm.

Hormly
07-25-2019, 06:43 AM
Shinobi is cheese balls and needs to be normalized

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 06:46 AM
How do the jabs put any pressure on anyone? They are almost as easy to reaction punish as a lawbringer's longarm.

Well so far I'm not having any issues pulling off Centurion's combos on opponents so I don't know what you're doing differently, but I am not having that problem right now. Perhaps I am simply a natural with this Hero since he's easier to use than the Shinobi.

And the main thing that I am boasting about isn't even the jab, it's the Eagle's Talon Finisher's Mix Up; and the Lion's Pounce Into Eagle's Talon; and the Eagle's Fury Alternative Mix Up.....all of which are much more viable than any of the combos in the Shinobi's kit.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-25-2019, 07:28 AM
Maybe you are indeed naturally more skilled with this character. I also have more success with heavies, and it was a thing even back when they were worse than pk. I guess it greatly depends on one's mindset.

JKnu_teCH
07-25-2019, 07:48 AM
Shinobi will get his tweaks not because it's too weak, but because is to safe and strong,and make him comp char because right now Shinobi and Nobushi are banned n comp scene most of the time. n 4 we all know what kind of char th Shinobi is and n 1vs1 h dictate the fight being very mobile, stalling. Also saying that cent is viable in duels makes me wondering what game u play... All that h has is his parry punishes around walls and chip damage. H is noob stomper so this explain why u seem to have more succes with him instead of Shinobi, cent ain't viable anywere, has some gank potențial but nowere near as Shinobi does. Try to play against semi-decent player and ur gonna change ur mind.Also th parry is the same for all cast bcs no guard switch delay it ain't easier with solid guard it's the same, u seem to know almost nothing about the game,also jab pressure ? What game do u play man?you forgot to tell us that his zone is the best n game and always hit ur enemies with your 3 part of it because it has great pressure =)),learn th game bit then post on forums, if anything Shinobi will get a nerf altough it de serves rework to fix him. And the reason i think they chose orochi instead of cent is because h doesn't have opener and cent has his kick, slow af but delayable so i guess they Count it as an opener... It's sad, i really want cent to be great and don't rely on punishes and cutscenes. At least h has good fashion. Sry 4 my french

TOCKSYK
07-25-2019, 08:12 AM

1. Infinite Jab and Throw Mix-up puts enormous pressure on opponents and there isn't a lot they can do to defend against it.

2.Lion's Pounce into Eagle's Talon is much easier to pull off than Sickle Rain, it is incredibly satisfying to use, it pins down enemies, and it deals outstanding damage. I wish the Shinobi had something like this.

3.Jab Into Wall Splat Mix Up is more deadly than every single mix-up in the Shinobi's moveset and it can actually land on opponents effectively unlike the Shinobi's heavily telegraphed Kick Mix-Ups.

4. Quick Throw into Knockback Kick is excellent in close quarters and gets opponents pinned against walls and in tight spaces.

5. Eagle's Fury Alternate Mix Up is a massive dominating combo; the Shinobi does not have any mix-ups that allows them to attack this rapidly and consecutively. Centurion feels like a machine gun compared to Shinobi because of how frequently he can attack without any breaks.

6. Eagle's Talons Finisher Mix Up is absolutely amazing for punishing opponents after a parry, it is far easier to use than Shinobi's deflects and is rewarding to do.

At this rate, I might not ever go back to using the Shinobi because right off the bat I am noticing that the Centurion's combos are MUCH more viable in combat than the Shinobi's mix-ups.

Centurion is also significantly more enjoyable to play in comparison to the Shinobi.

I definitely feel like my Rep Zero Centurion could defeat an opposing hero with much less effort than my Rep 27 Shinobi. We'll see the results soon enough. When I parry enemy Heroes using the Eagle's Talons Finisher Mix Up, it seems like they are completely helpless to stop me. It's interesting to see what it's like from the Centurion's point of view.

It is also INCREDIBLY advantageous that I don't have to deal with the Shinobi's small reactive blocking windows, parrying and blocking is SO much easier with the Centurion, I'm having quite a bit of fun with Eagle's Talons Finisher Mix Up and the fact that it eats up the enemies stamina is icing on the cake.

I know this forum is for debating and being civilized, but you sir are such a fu*king *******, and I'm surprised I'm the first to say it. How does a centurion jab pressure anyone? What are you playing against? Medium bots? Cent's kick is 900 ms without delaying it, what ****ing bash in this game is 900 ms? Centurion charged jab does not track dodges, meaning you can dodge as you would dodge a normal jab and get a free gb on him
Centurion's unblockable is unfeintable, it's 1100 ms, an average person's reaction time is 240 ms, it's harmless. His jumping heavy has HA but can only be used to trade. And what are you going to trade with? Light attacks? It does 25 damage.

His heavies are fast and have variable timings, but work only against people who try to parry them, and you as a shinobi can dodge the easy peasy. His soft feint is the only dangerous thing for you, but even then, you can react so easy to it, because it's not coming from an unblockable

I am not biased, I have 26 reps on Cent and 15 on Shinobi. An overall of 54, counting other heroes. And I am Diamond IV. I don't know at what god forsaken rank you are of Centurion is dangerous in there

I would like to see you smash a pro main shinobi with your cent. You don't even look for the facts and proof before you spew your opinion on here

One thing you got right, and I have to congratulate you. Ubisoft mostly avoids reworking popular heroes, because they are afraid of changing what and who the hero was, and the community doesn't appreciate that

Everyone knows Shinobi is receiving a rework in a week or so, so you can stop telling us how he completely needs it, you got it, buddy. Now can you at least contribute with actual facts to the conversation

INCREDlBILIS
07-25-2019, 08:21 AM

Wow, then you are stronger than all the competitive players who all agree about how bad is centurion right now (worst hero with musha in 1v1). Enjoy maining centurion then, teach the incredibilis word to the people pls.

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 12:31 PM
I know this forum is for debating and being civilized, but you sir are such a fu*king *******, and I'm surprised I'm the first to say it. How does a centurion jab pressure anyone? What are you playing against? Medium bots? Cent's kick is 900 ms without delaying it, what ****ing bash in this game is 900 ms? Centurion charged jab does not track dodges, meaning you can dodge as you would dodge a normal jab and get a free gb on him
Centurion's unblockable is unfeintable, it's 1100 ms, an average person's reaction time is 240 ms, it's harmless. His jumping heavy has HA but can only be used to trade. And what are you going to trade with? Light attacks? It does 25 damage.

His heavies are fast and have variable timings, but work only against people who try to parry them, and you as a shinobi can dodge the easy peasy. His soft feint is the only dangerous thing for you, but even then, you can react so easy to it, because it's not coming from an unblockable

I am not biased, I have 26 reps on Cent and 15 on Shinobi. An overall of 54, counting other heroes. And I am Diamond IV. I don't know at what god forsaken rank you are of Centurion is dangerous in there

I would like to see you smash a pro main shinobi with your cent. You don't even look for the facts and proof before you spew your opinion on here

One thing you got right, and I have to congratulate you. Ubisoft mostly avoids reworking popular heroes, because they are afraid of changing what and who the hero was, and the community doesn't appreciate that

Everyone knows Shinobi is receiving a rework in a week or so, so you can stop telling us how he completely needs it, you got it, buddy. Now can you at least contribute with actual facts to the conversation

I already smashed a Rep 42 Shinobi with my Level 1 Centurion tonight and even posted a picture of the scoreboard in a different thread. I also already stated that I don't need to speak further on this topic because of the upcoming Shinobi rework. So you're a bit late with these suggestions.

Lastly, the only time that I berate others is during a reasonable response to provocation, particularly when a denial of logic or lack of competence is present; but even during such circumstances I do so in a civilized manner since I am a gentleman.

Your unwarranted use of profanity in my direction is one such occasion in which it would normally be appropriate for me to verbally dismember your self-aggrandizing Diamond-Level superiority complex; but for now I am going to withhold spotlighting the ineptitude of your self-proclaimed wisdom and misplaced ego for another time.

Bis Spter.

TOCKSYK
07-25-2019, 12:48 PM
I already smashed a Rep 42 Shinobi with my Level 1 Centurion tonight and even posted a picture of the scoreboard in a different thread. I also already stated that I don't need to speak further on this topic because of the upcoming Shinobi rework. So you're a bit late with these suggestions.

Lastly, the only time that I berate others is during a reasonable response to provocation, particularly when a denial of logic or lack of competence is present; but even during such circumstances I do so in a civilized manner since I am a gentleman.

Your unwarranted use of profanity in my direction is one such occasion in which it would normally be appropriate for me to verbally dismember your self-aggrandizing Diamond-Level superiority complex; but for now I am going to withhold spotlighting the ineptitude of your self-proclaimed wisdom and misplaced ego for another time.

Bis Spter.

"Let me search up clever long words so my statement sounds more viable"

Dude I never meant to insult anybody, but seriouly you either stay at low levels so you never have to face anyone with more than 2 brain cells, or you just straight out lie. Everyone knows Centurion is a sitting duck angainst Shinobi. Unless you stare at him for 5 hours until he makes a mistake there is no way you win against that if the Shinobi is smart

As I said, I'm far from being biased. I main both. But dude, you're just lying right now, it's like you want Centurion to remain in C tier. What aggresive moves does Cent have in order to kill a Shinobi? Shinobi has quad dash, unlock sprint into 50/50, backflip sickle rain on wiffed attack, and the backflip literally saves him for missing his kick, and you can't do anyhing with Centurion about that
Unless Shinobi stays in your face and spams lights ans heavies it's a loss

And there is no Diamond IV complex. I am just saying that I have experience in the game. I do, and I know for sure how it feels to llay against a turtle Shinobi with Cent. You last argument is so untrue, that you had to pick on the fact that I called you a dummy and that I have "Diamond Complex"? You couldn't even prove me wrong why Cent is better than Shinobi in a matchup

Seriously Dawg, admit it. Stop trying to sound cool and smart when literally almost the entire community knows the truth about Shinobi being the safest character, and Cent being the most uncapable of all

Peace, man, I'm done arguing with you. You're just denying real facts and avoiding the subject at this point. Have a good one with your rework

I'm out

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 01:07 PM
"Let me search up clever long words so my statement sounds more viable"

I hope you realize that you only insult yourself by implying that my vocabulary would even require having to do a search. Every single word that I have employed thus far is considered basic English and should demand neither a thesaurus nor a dictionary for anyone to comprehend.

I have already dumbed down the complexity of my day-to-day interpersonal dialogue tenfold so that even neanderthals like yourself are able to vaguely grasp the concepts and logic that I have shared for the benefit of improving the game. Please do not demean yourself by implying that my choice of words are "clever" and "long" when compared to the simpleton English standards that you are used to.

INCREDlBILIS
07-25-2019, 01:08 PM
I already smashed a rep 42 cent using my rep 0 shinobi only smashing my ***** on the keyboard at random, if u wanna i can send you the pics by phone

TOCKSYK
07-25-2019, 01:23 PM
I hope you realize that you only insult yourself by implying that my vocabulary would even require having to do a search. Every single word that I have employed thus far is considered basic English and should demand neither a thesaurus nor a dictionary for anyone to comprehend.

I have already dumbed down the complexity of my day-to-day interpersonal dialogue tenfold so that even neanderthals like yourself are able to vaguely grasp the concepts and logic that I have shared for the benefit of improving the game.

You're not even talking about the game now, you're just saying I'm dumb because I don't use long words? Bro, not everyone is born in America or UK or Canada. I'm European and the fact that you're calling me dumb cause I'm asking you to use a simpler repertoire of words is like saying to a male he's useless cause he can't give birth. It makes no sense. You are lame and pathetic if you even thought that argument would put you in a positive light, and at this point I am sure that you came on the forum to complain and use incorrect facts just cause you're a salty main that feels the need for recognition

The entire forum made fun of you or disapproved your "facts". And now that you see you're boxed in, you start calling me a neanderthal because I don't use long words? Wow, you are such a gentleman, I see. You're contradicting yourself

Guess what dude, you think Shinobi is the most punishable character in the game? What about PK and Cent. At least PK can deflect and has a fast zone. Centurion has NONE

Stay down, shut up. Your words are of no use here. You have proved everybody you're just crying cause you want your main to be op just like Raider was. The rest of us might not be linguists, but we are damn straight smarter than you buddy

JKnu_teCH
07-25-2019, 03:21 PM
I already smashed a rep 42 cent using my rep 0 shinobi only smashing my ***** on the keyboard at random, if u wanna i can send you the pics by phone
But cent incredibili, no way u did that u need to show us all the pics. How did u manage to withstand all the pressure th roman boy put on you with his jab and his kick and zone :)))

EvoX.
07-25-2019, 03:25 PM
I've been expecting his rework since Season 4. After they announced GB on parry would be removed and he lost his pin light parry punish, I knew things were gonna go south real soon. Time for another 3 months of getting outperformed by stronger heroes.

At I'll reach his prestige 70 before his rework.

JKnu_teCH
07-25-2019, 03:31 PM
You're not even talking about the game now, you're just saying I'm dumb because I don't use long words? Bro, not everyone is born in America or UK or Canada. I'm European and the fact that you're calling me dumb cause I'm asking you to use a simpler repertoire of words is like saying to a male he's useless cause he can't give birth. It makes no sense. You are lame and pathetic if you even thought that argument would put you in a positive light, and at this point I am sure that you came on the forum to complain and use incorrect facts just cause you're a salty main that feels the need for recognition

The entire forum made fun of you or disapproved your "facts". And now that you see you're boxed in, you start calling me a neanderthal because I don't use long words? Wow, you are such a gentleman, I see. You're contradicting yourself

Guess what dude, you think Shinobi is the most punishable character in the game? What about PK and Cent. At least PK can deflect and has a fast zone. Centurion has NONE

Stay down, shut up. Your words are of no use here. You have proved everybody you're just crying cause you want your main to be op just like Raider was. The rest of us might not be linguists, but we are damn straight smarter than you buddy

This Guy is worthless, even when others prsent him facts H still argue and brings his own "perception" to the table, he posted on another thread same **** and got bashed by everyone, still doesn't seem H changed his mind. I told him to add me to make duel or 2 and pick my rep 0 shinobi against his cent hopefully i will change his mind about this 2 chars. But lately i started to Wonder if it's worth th time :d

littlefluffyegg
07-25-2019, 03:36 PM
You say that he is the most viable hero which is an obvious lie and the statistics do not support such an erroneous claim. Very few players use the Shinobi because he is not competitive and when it comes to 1v1 combat the Shinobi ranks as B Tier at the most. You're clearly just trying to be a troll, I shall ignore you going forward. Good bye.

Are you serious? Literally the entire competitive community agrees that shinobi is a broken overpowered character and a mess of game design.Statistics are also horrible things to cite,because they say aramusha is at the Top.You just want to defend shinobi,admit it.

INCREDlBILIS
07-25-2019, 04:21 PM
But cent incredibili, no way u did that u need to show us all the pics. How did u manage to withstand all the pressure th roman boy put on you with his jab and his kick and zone :)))
Because i have roman blood so... You know... I ve something of incredibilis also there😏

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 10:51 PM
Stay down, shut up.
You're not even talking about the game now
The rest of us might not be linguists, but we are damn straight smarter than you buddy

Did you really just tell someone to shut up on an internet forum? I never understood why people continue to attempt to make such futile demands on the internet. That sort of high school behavior has no weight in the real world, much less in the internet environment.

I am no longer talking about the game because I have already established my point of view about the Shinobi and the Centurion; I do not see a reason to continue repeating myself on this topic just because a meager few of you disagree with my well-researched perspective.

And since you brought up linguistics; I should inform you that only two kinds of people use the phrase "smarter than you"; that type of idiosyncrasy is reserved only for children or for people with mental handicaps; the fact that you would even say such a primitive phrase to boast your intelligence is the perfect paradigm of an oxymoron.

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 11:13 PM
Hey kid your Shinobi got even weaker XD

Perhaps you're correct that the Shinobi is weaker now, but the fact of the matter is that we do not know yet.

It does not serve your reputation well to discharge metaphorically gray substances prematurely before discovering the climax that is already on the horizon.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Your bs is uninterruptible. Unlike shinobi.

Valoredramack
07-25-2019, 11:51 PM
Have u read the patch notes? He lost all HA and lost his super armor. He is even more weaker than before plus his feats are nerfed a lot too. Check the patch notes :D
Shinobi:

Stance Change

Stance Change Standardized to other Reflex Guard Heroes' time of 1100ms (from 800ms)
Rope

Long Range Grab no longer beats Revenge Activation
Sprint Slide

Only has active hit frames for 400ms (from 600ms)
No longer beats Revenge Activation
Victim can now activate Revenge during the hit
Uninterruptible Stance

The following Moves no longer have Uninterruptable Stance:
Backflip
Roll
Double-Dodge Kick
Kick-After-Deflect
Kick-After-Roll
Sprint Slide
Sickle Rain (including on Victim)
Developer comments: Shinobi is already hard to hit, so we want to make Shinobi more vulnerable when hits happen. “Sickle Rain’s” change to be interruptible also follows our recent changes to Shugoki’s “Demon Embrace” - making bind moves interruptible on hit makes them less frustrating.

You are correct, it is unfortunate that they apparently nerfed Shinobi into the ground. However, this is not a significant problem for someone like me since I already maxed out Shinobi's progression entirely and have already collected every kind of legendary gear that is available in the game for that hero. There wasn't anywhere else for me to go with this Hero, which is one reason why I was hoping for a complete rework so that I could learn new and more viable movesets.

So the fact of the matter is that Ubisoft simply gave me a good reason to start maxing out a different hero. In many ways; it's actually quite convenient that they killed the Shinobi's viability while at the same time introducing a new hero, because I have the most incentive to become one of the first players to main Jormungandr. The Shinobi becoming nerfed is likely to disappoint players that were still trying to max the Hero, but that scenario does not apply to me.

I even feel a bit relieved that I have incentive to re-experience what it's like to dedicate myself to specializing a new hero, instead of remaining loyal to the Shinobi and Orochi..

From the very beginning, this Patch was always going to be a Win-Win situation for me, I am pleased to know that I can finally put down the sickles and instead I can pick up a warhammer, this is fantastic news.

jmac70
07-26-2019, 12:35 AM

Since seeing the patch notes he just got a total nerf nothing special with him now

Hormly
07-26-2019, 01:04 AM
discharge metaphorically gray substances prematurely before discovering the climax

Valoredramack
07-26-2019, 01:25 AM

In case you don't understand, it simply translates to:
"saying ambiguous or unconfirmed ideas before finding out the final result."

But in this case it doesn't matter since the Patch notes are out.

Hormly
07-26-2019, 01:26 AM
In case you don't understand, it simply translates to "saying ambiguous or unconfirmed ideas before finding out the final result."

You are unlikable 🙂

Valoredramack
07-26-2019, 01:41 AM
You are unlikable ��

All Human Beings are unlikable, that's why we play games like For Honor and Mortal Kombat, so we can brutally kill each other. The difference is that unlike the average person I don't bother pretending to be likable.

ArchDukeInstinct
07-26-2019, 02:36 AM
I'm glad Shinobi got nerfed. He's a gimmick character and a little weasel that had it coming.

Valoredramack
07-26-2019, 03:26 AM
I'm glad Shinobi got nerfed. He's a gimmick character and a little weasel that had it coming.

The irony about the nerf is that it actually encourages an increase of "weasel" tactics, because the Shinobi is now less viable to battle opponents face-to-face.

Speaking as a Rep 28 Shinobi, I can almost guarantee that Shinobi players will likely attack more frequently with long-ranged attacks during team fights due to lack of other options after the nerf. The nerf does not prevent Shinobi players from sprinting away from a 1v1 fight in order to return with allies so they can poke and harass you with the long ranged attack or strike when you're not expecting it.

Ubisoft should have provided more incentive for the Shinobi to face-off against their opponents head-to-head and completely rework the Hero's movesets. Instead, we will likely see an evolution of dirty tactics that will undoubtedly frustrate players even more. I will probably start playing Jormugandr as my new main, but I'm also going to test my Post-Nerf Shinobii to see which strategies work and which ones don't.

I already know that out-flanking enemies from behind would be an effective way to compensate for no longer being able to sustain fights in melee combat if I continued using the Shinobi in Dominion. I might even start blind-siding people just to troll players who think that a Nerfed Shinobi is going to make their fighting experience more enjoyable.

It will be funny to see how salty people get when they realize what Shinobi players are doing to compensate for the nerf. You'll try to fight the Shinobi, then he sprints away, next thing you know he's hitting you from behind while his ally is attacking you from your front, you turn around to chase the Shinobi, but then he's gone again and you can't catch him-- this style of combat will repeat over and over again and the Shinobi kills you.

This is what Shinobi players will probably do A LOT in 4v4 as a direct result of this this Nerf. Mark my words. The Nerfed Shinobi is going to plague you people in matches; since he no longer has any good offense and no good defense, the Shinobi will stay even farther out of your range and mostly only attack when you're distracted with a different opponent.

You think that a Nerfed Shinobi will improve your matches against him, but the opposite is also true because the Shinobi player is perfectly capable of using more Hit-And-Run tactics from now on and poke his opponents to death without even getting into direct confrontations. These kind of nerfs inevitably only result in dirtier play styles.

INCREDlBILIS
07-26-2019, 08:36 AM
The more i see jormugandr moveset and the more i realize that it is a Centurion 2.0, im sure that who wanted centurion rework will find enjoyable the new hero.

ArchDukeInstinct
07-26-2019, 08:49 AM
Speaking as a Rep 28 Shinobi, I can almost guarantee that Shinobi players will likely attack more frequently with long-ranged attacks during team fights due to lack of other options after the nerf. The nerf does not prevent Shinobi players from sprinting away from a 1v1 fight in order to return with allies so they can poke and harass you with the long ranged attack or strike when you're not expecting it.

Already brainstorming ways to cheese the game more? Color me shocked.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-26-2019, 11:32 AM
Don't worry, we will never see him, he won't cheese any of us. He apparaently plays on a level where centurion's jabs are called pressure, not incoming free guardbreaks.

INCREDlBILIS
07-26-2019, 01:25 PM
Don't worry, we will never see him, he won't cheese any of us. He apparaently plays on a level where centurion's jabs are called pressure, not incoming free guardbreaks.
Ahahahahaha xD

Goat_of_Vermund
07-26-2019, 02:13 PM
1 jormungandr vs 3 shinobis waiting for the rework:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsUkFHISdiw

Valoredramack
07-28-2019, 05:26 AM
Already brainstorming ways to cheese the game more? Color me shocked.

Cheese the game more? I didn't need to cheese the game until they nerfed Shinobi into the ground. And if you were less of a noob, you'd realize that the Shinobi is one of the most difficult Heroes in the game to learn and master to begin with.

For opponents of the Shinobi in 1v1, the Ranged GB is easy to counter; the Ranged Heavy is easy to parry; the Kick is easy to dodge; the Slide Tackle is easy to dodge; the Double Dash is easy to guard break; the Light Attack is easy to open up; etc. Only someone that is ignorant of the Shinobi's vulnerabilities would say that the hero was viable even before the nerf. And even as much as people complain about the Ranged GB in 4v4, they do so without realizing how often the Ranged GB and Sickle Rain gets interrupted by the Shinobi's own teammates. People who play Shinobi as their main are exceptionally good because we're forced to overcome all of these disadvantages.

Most other heroes aren't even close to being as punishable as the Shinobi and it's much easier to get kills with.the other heroes. Even heavy heroes are capable of Light Attack Spam these days, such as Hitokiri. Everyone worries about getting blindsided by a Shinobi's Ranged GB, but meanwhile heroes like the Raider or Warlord can simply drag you off of a cliff or into spikes for an instant kill even when you're no where near the edge.

But aside from all of that, I already said that I plan to switch to new Viking hero, so trolling snowflakes like you with the Post-Nerf Shinobi will be only a side hobby for me just to prove a point. My main hero will move to Jormungandr, which is certainly going to be easier to kill people with anyway; fighting with a Shinobi is more time-consuming because he doesn't deal enough damage and he cannot attack consecutively between his double light.

INCREDlBILIS
07-28-2019, 08:14 AM
cheese the game more? I didn't need to cheese the game until they nerfed shinobi into the ground. And if you were less of a noob, you'd realize that the shinobi is one of the most difficult heroes in the game to learn and master to begin with.

For opponents of the shinobi in 1v1, the ranged gb is easy to counter; the ranged heavy is easy to parry; the kick is easy to dodge; the slide tackle is easy to dodge; the double dash is easy to guard break; the light attack is easy to open up; etc. Only someone that is ignorant of the shinobi's vulnerabilities would say that the hero was viable even before the nerf. And even as much as people complain about the ranged gb in 4v4, they do so without realizing how often the ranged gb and sickle rain gets interrupted by the shinobi's own teammates. People who play shinobi as their main are exceptionally good because we're forced to overcome all of these disadvantages.

Most other heroes aren't even close to being as punishable as the shinobi and it's much easier to get kills with.the other heroes. Even heavy heroes are capable of light attack spam these days, such as hitokiri. Everyone worries about getting blindsided by a shinobi's ranged gb, but meanwhile heroes like the raider or warlord can simply drag you off of a cliff or into spikes for an instant kill even when you're no where near the edge.

But aside from all of that, i already said that i plan to switch to new viking hero, so trolling snowflakes like you with the post-nerf shinobi will be only a side hobby for me just to prove a point. My main hero will move to jormungandr, which is certainly going to be easier to kill people with anyway; fighting with a shinobi is more time-consuming because he doesn't deal enough damage and he cannot attack consecutively between his double light.

Sadibilis

Valoredramack
07-28-2019, 08:48 AM
Sadibilis

This video was made by a seasoned Rep 70 Shinobi youtuber, so clearly even the most elite For Honor players think this patch is nerfing the Shinobi into the ground, pretty much killed off the Hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgD2Z4sIzM

jmac70
07-28-2019, 10:07 AM
I understand why it's getting nerfed but it's also a total joke yes sickle rain needed it but all the hyper armour not as much especially with the devs making everything 400ms and giving hyper armour to everyone else

ArchDukeInstinct
07-28-2019, 11:15 AM
Cheese the game more? I didn't need to cheese the game until they nerfed Shinobi into the ground. And if you were less of a noob, you'd realize that the Shinobi is one of the most difficult Heroes in the game to learn and master to begin with.

Yeah big time noob here, I've only played since open beta and have been a top 100 Conqueror consistently on PS4.

For opponents of the Shinobi in 1v1, the Ranged GB is easy to counter; the Ranged Heavy is easy to parry; the Kick is easy to dodge; the Slide Tackle is easy to dodge; the Double Dash is easy to guard break; the Light Attack is easy to open up; etc. Only someone that is ignorant of the Shinobi's vulnerabilities would say that the hero was viable even before the nerf. And even as much as people complain about the Ranged GB in 4v4, they do so without realizing how often the Ranged GB and Sickle Rain gets interrupted by the Shinobi's own teammates. People who play Shinobi as their main are exceptionally good because we're forced to overcome all of these disadvantages.

So what? A lot of characters have many moves that are easily countered. Virtually everything in Conqueror's kit is worthless offensive wise. Only regular shield bash is decent and pros still say it's mediocre. Shinobi's strengths were that he was very safe and does a ton of damage.

And I love the whole spiel about double dash being "easy to guard break". What do you want? Dashing to be invulnerable to guard break when that's the intended counter?

Most other heroes aren't even close to being as punishable as the Shinobi and it's much easier to get kills with.the other heroes.

You're just simply dead wrong on the first point. The complete opposite is true. The second point is more debatable although I would say there's characters much worse off in this regard.

Even heavy heroes are capable of Light Attack Spam these days, such as Hitokiri.

Oh no everybody, watch out for that 2-chain 500ms light spam. lol

They are the same speed of Shinobi's light attacks, except Shinobi is getting 24 damage guaranteed if his light attack hits.

Everyone worries about getting blindsided by a Shinobi's Ranged GB, but meanwhile heroes like the Raider or Warlord can simply drag you off of a cliff or into spikes for an instant kill even when you're no where near the edge.

They're actually taking a risk unlike Shinobi.

But aside from all of that, I already said that I plan to switch to new Viking hero, so trolling snowflakes like you with the Post-Nerf Shinobi will be only a side hobby for me just to prove a point. My main hero will move to Jormungandr, which is certainly going to be easier to kill people with anyway

Oh geez, Valored, could you teach me be less of a snowflake? Do I need to start putting in worthless effort into tinting all my forum posts to a specific color like you do? Do I need to stomp my feet and complain that my character's dashes are vulnerable to GB even the same is true for every other character in the game? Do I need to post total gibberish like "discharge metaphorically gray substances prematurely before discovering the climax"?

Give me a break, dude, you're the biggest diva I've ever seen on these forums.

TOCKSYK
07-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Oh geez, Valored, could you teach me be less of a snowflake? Do I need to start putting in worthless effort into tinting all my forum posts to a specific color like you do? Do I need to stomp my feet and complain that my character's dashes are vulnerable to GB even the same is true for every other character in the game? Do I need to post total gibberish like "discharge metaphorically gray substances prematurely before discovering the climax"?

Give me a break, dude, you're the biggest diva I've ever seen on these forums.

Make this guy a moderator, Ubi. How are people like this not hired yet, wtf?

Thank you sir for shutting him up
He just doesn't get that there are far far worse heroes than shinobi so he has to lie about the statistics like no one besides him knows the actual truth. I guess he just wants the Raider treatment. Not gonna happen

rottmeister
07-28-2019, 11:29 AM
This video was made by a seasoned Rep 70 Shinobi youtuber, so clearly even the most elite For Honor players think this patch is nerfing the Shinobi into the ground, pretty much killed off the Hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZgD2Z4sIzM

Allow me to counter your entire post.
*ahem* "relax i uninstalled as a joke but rip shinobi :("
Source: the description.

Showing a joke video doesn't mean anything. Another Youtuber made a RIP nobushi vid (in a more serious manner though).

It is pretty common Youtubers make a rip video when their character gets nerfed pretty hard, no matter what game.

We'll see where Shinobi ends up as we can't say for certain. The devs might tweak him again afterwards.

Valoredramack
07-28-2019, 11:43 AM
Allow me to counter your entire post.
*ahem* "relax i uninstalled as a joke but rip shinobi :("
Source: the description.

Showing a joke video doesn't mean anything. Another Youtuber made a RIP nobushi vid (in a more serious manner though).

It is pretty common Youtubers make a rip video when their character gets nerfed pretty hard, no matter what game.

We'll see where Shinobi ends up as we can't say for certain. The devs might tweak him again afterwards.

How does that counter my post? It doesn't change the fact he feels like the Shinobi was nerfed into the ground, as do the rest of us Shinobi players. The only part that he's joking about is the uninstall, moron, not the title of the video and primary content.

This video is NOT like his other videos because this nerf is on an entirely different level. The previous Shinobi nerf was not described as a RIP scenario by any means, so don't try to act like this is the norm because that is obviously not what's going on here. You can also see the reaction of players right here on the forums so there is no use trying to deny that the majority opinion is that this nerf is excessive even for people that dislike Shinobi.

Case in point, I stopped playing Shinobi because of the nerf and many other players will as well I'm sure. Perhaps many of us will pick up Orochi, that was my original main anyway, but it's been a long time since I used him.

rottmeister
07-28-2019, 11:47 AM
How does that counter my post? It doesn't change the fact he feels like the Shinobi was nerfed into the ground, as do the rest of us Shinobi players. The only part that he's joking about is the uninstall, moron.

"moron" how mature!
I'm reporting you for flaming and insulting :)
Also didn't you switch to Jormungandr?
OOF

Also how does it counter your post? Well you've been using this video as a means of proving your point even though it's a joke! Your "proof" is a joke: one moment you use 1 picture to counter every competitive player's views and now this? lmao

Your points have all been from personal experience and you're looking down on everyone with a different opinion.

rottmeister
07-28-2019, 11:58 AM
Case in point, I stopped playing Shinobi because of the nerf and many other players will as well. Perhaps many of us will pick up Orochi, that was my original main anyway, but it's been a long time since I used him.
Wow... you really must've been a "Shinobi main" if you quit playing him after a nerf. I've been playing PK consistently before and after her "rework" in season 6.
Also you complained about light spam: "Even heavy heroes are capable of Light Attack Spam these days, such as Hitokiri."
If you're complaining about light spam, then you're not in the "league" you think you are.

We're done

Edit: You're the first person on my "ignore" list, hope you enjoy your stay. I wouldn't know since your messages will now be blocked from me ^^
I advise others do the same as this was a huge waste of time. It's just not worth it debating someone who states the competitive players are wrong and he is right because he killed a rep 42 shinobi as cent...

Fallfuturer
07-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Wow... you really must've been a "Shinobi main" if you quit playing him after a nerf. I've been playing PK consistently before and after her "rework" in season 6.
Also you complained about light spam: "Even heavy heroes are capable of Light Attack Spam these days, such as Hitokiri."
If you're complaining about light spam, then you're not in the "league" you think you are.

We're done

Edit: You're the first person on my "ignore" list, hope you enjoy your stay. I wouldn't know since your messages will now be blocked from me ^^
I advise others do the same as this was a huge waste of time. It's just not worth it debating someone who states the competitive players are wrong and he is right because he killed a rep 42 shinobi as cent...

HOHOHOHOHO, Good!

Valoredramack
07-28-2019, 08:45 PM
HOHOHOHOHO, Good!

Getting put on an ignore list by a triggered forum troll is not a burn, if anything it is a reward because now I don't have to waste my time responding to unsolicited, argumentative rhetoric. Fallfuterer is probably the only person that I have directly referred to as a "moron" on these forums, and that is because he earned that title with his behavior. His reaction to that insult only further supports the fact that nomenclature that I used to describe him was accurate.

There are a few other Devil's Advocates that I would like to see place me on their ignore list as well, such as ArchDukeInstinct.

Valoredramack
07-28-2019, 09:01 PM
Thank you sir for shutting him up

I'm still here so I don't know what you're talking about. And speaking as someone who used to be a moderator myself, arguing with people and being constantly sarcastic towards those that you disagree with is not what makes a good moderator. A good moderator has the following qualities:

1. Encourages Respondents to socialize.
2. Discerns between valuable insights and irrelevant discussion.
3. Mediates when Respondents clash.
4. Does not demonstrate favoritism between members.

ArchDukeInstinct's comments are far too argumentative and opinionated to be considered good for moderation, he is not a neutral party in this debate.

If I were moderating, I would simply close this entire thread because there is no further value to gain from it. I am taking my leave.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-28-2019, 09:42 PM
I would bet 5 reps that you won't take your leave. You are not doing that for like 7 pages despite the fact that nobody agrees on anything you said.

You called half the forums' more well known members kids, snowflakes, nolifes, nerdy teens and indirectly (or maybe directly, I won't read back to find it) noobs, yet you are the one who can't really answer arguments and just keep insulting others in a high horse attitude without really addressing their points (namely: centurion is a totally terrible character who everyone thinks have no pressure at all, and we all pointed out how useful a shinobi can be in a fight and how he is one of the best characters out there- well, was). Considering how you keep invalidating everyone else's opinion with grammar, naming them noobs or nerds, or just simply calling them snowflakes despite the fact you are the only one here who uses these very irritating colors to state the importance of his words, I just can't understand how you did not find out yet that you aren't the adult/genius/the person who is right here.

So, please, if you really think you are right, give us anything that proves you are right and everybody else is wrong on how an optimally played shinobi is one of the best characters out there! For what I think is the optimal playstyle, check this: https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2090393-Peacekeeper-Breach-strategy-guide The pk specific parts can be easily replaced with shinobi's. I just can't imagine a shinobi who plays like this could be defeated in any experienced hands, especially since shinobi also has a gank tool pk lacks, is probably faster if he has to be, and has far better feats and higher damage from an ambush.

rottmeister
07-28-2019, 09:44 PM
Now that I can move on from the Shinobi topic (ngl kinda want to start playing Shinobi now after all of this 😂 ), let's go back to Centurion, the main topic of the thread.

I've seen quite a few people mention Jormungandr being "the Centurion rework". What are your opinions on this? Moreso what do you want from a Centurion rework?

What is it about Hulda/Gretar that appeals to Cent mains? Is it their OOS pressure/stamina drain kinda gameplay?

I, myself don't play him but nonetheless I'm interested in what you'd want for a rework. :)

P.S. No disrespect to Valore, but my patience is gone and it's not beneficial to engage into debate with someone who clearly isn't open to have their mind changed.
Not that it was a debate anymore on the last page, but you get the point.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-28-2019, 10:03 PM
Well, as I feared, I had to unlock that headshot execution for pk, so I will probably not be able to play the Jrm instantly when she is out. But I would like to, her playstyle looks fun, and I think I will find customizations that will work for me (I don't have a viking main yet, so it is a good thing I will have this option). Playstyle-wise, I really like the possible mindgames and pressure this character brings with herself, and landing those nutcrackers look satisfying af (especially if those nuts belong to some stunstap spamming raider who likes to hump the air to taunt the enemies).

I would remove centurion's cutscene if I would be the one who decides it, and would give him pressure. I made a writeup where basically it was possible for the centurion to go for anything he/she wants to go for after anything: a jab, a light, a heavy, a quickthrow, any charged attack. The charged jab tracked the early dodges, missed non-charged jabs could still be followed up, even by other jabs, the jabs themselves were the ones that dealt the damage, and the heavy attacks were feintable into a quickthrow. Finally, the charged heavy got a property that made it able to break hyperarmor. If you want to, I can dig up the whole thing, I made it alongside an aramusha rework plan and a rework plan about the peacekeeper (that was like my 20th version, I think I could still make newer versions about her- if only any of it were implemented).

rottmeister
07-28-2019, 10:14 PM
Well, as I feared, I had to unlock that headshot execution for pk, so I will probably not be able to play the Jrm instantly when she is out. But I would like to, her playstyle looks fun, and I think I will find customizations that will work for me (I don't have a viking main yet, so it is a good thing I will have this option). Playstyle-wise, I really like the possible mindgames and pressure this character brings with herself, and landing those nutcrackers look satisfying af (especially if those nuts belong to some stunstap spamming raider who likes to hump the air to taunt the enemies).

I would remove centurion's cutscene if I would be the one who decides it, and would give him pressure. I made a writeup where basically it was possible for the centurion to go for anything he/she wants to go for after anything: a jab, a light, a heavy, a quickthrow, any charged attack. The charged jab tracked the early dodges, missed non-charged jabs could still be followed up, even by other jabs, the jabs themselves were the ones that dealt the damage, and the heavy attacks were feintable into a quickthrow. Finally, the charged heavy got a property that made it able to break hyperarmor. If you want to, I can dig up the whole thing, I made it alongside an aramusha rework plan and a rework plan about the peacekeeper (that was like my 20th version, I think I could still make newer versions about her- if only any of it were implemented).

You'll have enough time to grind for the new hero as they'll be available for steel in 11 days (1k per day for the daily orders and you'll get there easily). Sorry for suggesting the execution 😅

I'd also really suggest you try out Shaman as she plays incredibly similar to PK which made it easier for me to play them both. ^^

Also thank you for answering my question :)

Goat_of_Vermund
07-28-2019, 10:41 PM
Yep, if I have time, I can make it, it's just an especially tight schelude.

I tried shaman, I somehow feel her a bit more clumsy than pk, I decided to drop her (I still lack any rationale answer why she felt so clumsy, everything I do with pk should work with her too).

TOCKSYK
07-29-2019, 07:49 AM
Now that I can move on from the Shinobi topic (ngl kinda want to start playing Shinobi now after all of this 😂 ), let's go back to Centurion, the main topic of the thread.

I've seen quite a few people mention Jormungandr being "the Centurion rework". What are your opinions on this? Moreso what do you want from a Centurion rework?

What is it about Hulda/Gretar that appeals to Cent mains? Is it their OOS pressure/stamina drain kinda gameplay?

I, myself don't play him but nonetheless I'm interested in what you'd want for a rework. :)

P.S. No disrespect to Valore, but my patience is gone and it's not beneficial to engage into debate with someone who clearly isn't open to have their mind changed.

I personally wouldn't enjoy Jormungandr. Been playing Cent for a long time, he's my highest rep character, but it's just the way he styles on people. The character, the personality, the quotes, the executions. He just seems so dominant and powerful even if he isn't that way. I also love Rome. So Centurion is like an all in one for me

On the other hand I can see why people think Jormun is the second coming of Cent. Jormun has a neutral bash that does stamina damage, a bash in his combos that guarantees a light, his bashes and unblockable knocks down opponents when they are oos and if they are knocked down you pounce on them

Pretty much Centurion, but better, right?

Though I will forever stick with Cent, I can see why the two are similar

Goat_of_Vermund
07-29-2019, 08:23 AM
I made this centurion plan a while ago, I will share it here, although I would rather direct you towards Raime's plans, his plans miggt be better since he mains him:

1. The uncharged jab no longer grants anything. Instead, it deals 10 damage plus blinds the target. Recovery is 600ms.
2. Charged jab deals 10 damage, blinds and unbalances the target. 40 damage pin on grounded opponents guaranteed. It tracks dodges on the normal jab's timing. Recovery is 900ms.
3. Chains replaced with an infinite stance (very much like Hitokiri's mugen-ryuu): lights, heavies, throws, the kick and uncharged jabs can be followed up even on miss, by a light, heavy, charged heavy, jab, charged jab or quick throw. Charged jab, charged heavy and quick throw (if countered) ends the chain.
4. Normal heavy deals 22 damage (guaranteed after any parry or the counter knee). Charged heavy deals 30 damage (guaranteed on a light parry). Unblockable charged heavy deals 35 damage and ends the chain (guaranteed on wallsplat). Every heavy is feintable, up to the very end of the animation.
5. The charged heavy pin no longer starts a cutscene, as it does not guarantee anything. Instead, it gets a new effect: it breaks hyperarmor. I think a black indicator could represent this, with maybe the sword getting a black aura.
5. Quickthrow can be inputted by Back+Guardbreak, after any throw or attack, safe for a Charged Heavy, Charged Jab, or any attack that were stopped on block or superior block. Guardbreak softfeint from heavies also replaced with the quick throw.
6. Forward jump heavy deals 30 damage and starts the stance even on miss.
7. The second and third part of the zone are feintable, chargable into pin (and if not fully charged into an unblockable, count as a normal heavy in the stance, and the charged pin is also feintable), and softfeintable into quickthrow. The first part deals 15 damage, down from 25.
Feats: Haymaker should deal only 5 damage. Centurion's march, with the changes, should be an effective alternative.

TOCKSYK
07-29-2019, 08:31 AM
I made this centurion plan a while ago, I will share it here, although I would rather direct you towards Raime's plans, his plans miggt be better since he mains him:

1. The uncharged jab no longer grants anything. Instead, it deals 10 damage plus blinds the target. Recovery is 600ms.
2. Charged jab deals 10 damage, blinds and unbalances the target. 40 damage pin on grounded opponents guaranteed. It tracks dodges on the normal jab's timing. Recovery is 900ms.
3. Chains replaced with an infinite stance (very much like Hitokiri's mugen-ryuu): lights, heavies, throws, the kick and uncharged jabs can be followed up even on miss, by a light, heavy, charged heavy, jab, charged jab or quick throw. Charged jab, charged heavy and quick throw (if countered) ends the chain.
4. Normal heavy deals 22 damage (guaranteed after any parry or the counter knee). Charged heavy deals 30 damage (guaranteed on a light parry). Unblockable charged heavy deals 35 damage and ends the chain (guaranteed on wallsplat). Every heavy is feintable, up to the very end of the animation.
5. The charged heavy pin no longer starts a cutscene, as it does not guarantee anything. Instead, it gets a new effect: it breaks hyperarmor. I think a black indicator could represent this, with maybe the sword getting a black aura.
5. Quickthrow can be inputted by Back+Guardbreak, after any throw or attack, safe for a Charged Heavy, Charged Jab, or any attack that were stopped on block or superior block. Guardbreak softfeint from heavies also replaced with the quick throw.
6. Forward jump heavy deals 30 damage and starts the stance even on miss.
7. The second and third part of the zone are feintable, chargable into pin (and if not fully charged into an unblockable, count as a normal heavy in the stance, and the charged pin is also feintable), and softfeintable into quickthrow. The first part deals 15 damage, down from 25.
Feats: Haymaker should deal only 5 damage. Centurion's march, with the changes, should be an effective alternative.

While I do like your changes, I feel like 22 dmg on a heavy is... not that much. Shinobi, warden, shaman, Shaolin and pretty much anyone with double lights can do the same amount of damage as the heavy but the attack is faster.

I'd like to see the following change to your list:

Centurion has variable timed heavies, the more he charges his heavies the more damage they deal. If they let them fly at normal speed, 22-23 is enough, if he charges them a little more then 25-26 and if it's fully charged 30

Everything else sounds good. Maybe replace the black aura with a red one, or a blue one. To be a bit more distinguishable

Goat_of_Vermund
07-29-2019, 09:39 AM
That works exactly like this in this version. Charge is 30, fullcharge 35

rottmeister
07-29-2019, 10:36 AM
Yep, if I have time, I can make it, it's just an especially tight schelude.

I tried shaman, I somehow feel her a bit more clumsy than pk, I decided to drop her (I still lack any rationale answer why she felt so clumsy, everything I do with pk should work with her too).

I've been saving up steel for a while so I'll certainly have enough steel for the new hero. If they didn't interest me, I probably would've gone on a shopping spree even though 30k steel isn't that much, lol.

I'll most likely do this with the Wu Lin hero as well as they were my most anticipated hero. I don't know why but I find saving up hard in this game :p
In gta I used to save up millions before spending a bit to then invest the rest while here I keep throwing steel to crates in the hopes of unlocking that one stupid helmet option...

Edit: Oh hey, I'm a senior member now!
Edit 2: I'm so sorry for this but it was too perfect
https://i.redd.it/lkfpvl2h0pc31.jpg

rottmeister
07-29-2019, 11:08 AM
This thread got heated fast lel

Yep, lol. I decided to ultimately block him because he was very derogatory towards respected forum members and called me a "moron". There's nothing to gain from debating someone who clearly thinks he knows better than everyone.

So I decided to block him and move forward. Life goes on.

JKnu_teCH
07-29-2019, 02:08 PM

Hi. I believe that the kit of the new hero should have been cent rework. As i said in another post BP seems conq 2.0, hito seems shugo 2.0 and now this at least that's what people tought when they was released, going this path the next one will be Jiang 2.0.It's appealing to me because it's new and resemble cent. I believe also that the devs should rework or tweaked cent based on the kit of the new hero and for the new hero they should have made a different kit wich wouldn't been more of the same as it is maybe something like BP flip,seems lazy IMO. When hito launched i played her for 2 reps and got bored, no fashion and it ain't for me. When BP launch even if his kit is not so... complete, i enjoy him and the addition of bulwark is a refresh move that's working more often than nuxia traps, got him to 14 reps and still playing him.About cent, he is the reason I'm in this game, got destroyd by him alot at first so i bought him and enjoyed him alot at first.. I want him to be viable, to have an opener maybe his kick to be like warden SB, his jab to be like hito'S kick maybe get rid of his cutscene to balance him and zone to be feinted, The UB to be softfeinted, an actual chain, and to be a mix-up intensive char as advertised not the parry guy. He's hybrid but don't know what kind of chars were blended, low hp means there is an assassin's or vanguard but he didn't get a dash of any means, so i don't know what kind of hybrid he is. I wouldn't mind removing his cutscene if he becomes viable but i argue it's gonna lose his identity along with it's cutscene as this is our only weapon that enemy are scared from

Fallfuturer
07-29-2019, 08:09 PM

if you go into my profile and go down a lot, you will see a thread I made about what I would like in the centurion

Goat_of_Vermund
07-31-2019, 02:17 PM
Off:

I just killed a rep 41 shinobi in 1v1 with a rep 4 shugoki. The centurion may find a real challanger.