PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Ok, what I want is a decent quality joystick that's compatible with IL-2 Sturmovik/Forgotten Battles, among other things. Now, I don't need some uber 1337 Cougar joystick, but I don't need a piece of wood taped to a mousepad, either, so I was wondering if you could tell me what YOU all use, how happy you are with it, and how much it cost. Thanks.

Edit: Oh yeah, and how bad is the lag in multiplayer? For both games. I have a DSL connection, about 180k, should I be fine?

Message Edited on 08/18/0311:34PM by joeguy3245

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 12:29 AM
Ok, what I want is a decent quality joystick that's compatible with IL-2 Sturmovik/Forgotten Battles, among other things. Now, I don't need some uber 1337 Cougar joystick, but I don't need a piece of wood taped to a mousepad, either, so I was wondering if you could tell me what YOU all use, how happy you are with it, and how much it cost. Thanks.

Edit: Oh yeah, and how bad is the lag in multiplayer? For both games. I have a DSL connection, about 180k, should I be fine?

Message Edited on 08/18/0311:34PM by joeguy3245

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 01:08 AM
I think you will find that most use a Micro-Soft Force Feedback stick. They work well and I have not heard to many people having problems with them in the game. As far as lag online...it depends on how many players are in a room, what kind of connection they have, flak, ground objects etc. As for the most part its not very bad at all. With a DSL connection you should be fine. People taking screen shots and a few little warp tricks a few (very few) use should be about all you notice. Fly in rooms that use default skins for best results. And make sure you un-check skin download in your setup.

...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been and there you long to return.
~leonardo de vinci