PDA

View Full Version : Question Duplicate Jackdaws?

JibbyfOfficial
07-22-2019, 09:36 AM
Hi, I recently restarted Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag on my Wii U just for fun. And I was in the sea part of the game just roaming around (sequence 5 or 6) then I see a ship which looks very similar to the Jackdaw.

So what do I do? Well I jump off my Jackdaw to see what's on the ship. Arrived, I see the same crew, same style and even a second Adewale is there, the only difference was that Edward wasn't there so the ship was basically piloting itself just like that. So I confirm it's a second Jackdaw. Btw I could've just left with the 2nd Jackdaw and leave my original Jackdaw forever but I decided to keep the original to not affect the game or something. (Oh and this is one of the only ways to see the level of your ship by looking at the duplicate ship with the spyglass of your original ship or vice-versa)

So guys, what do you think? Is it a glitch, a multiplayer effect or something else? And most importantly have you ever experienced this yourself? (I have this game for a pretty long time and it only happened once) To conclude, it could mostly be a multiplayer effect cause even if I have Uplay, I never play multiplayer mode on Assassin's Creed games, so I'm not very familiar with multiplayer at all in this game.

So anyway, what do you guys think?

cawatrooper9
07-22-2019, 03:56 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/8796b1c4da1e105143b5bcc86f9d94e4/tumblr_mzdcilEqZF1qbs74do3_r1_250.gif

Pretty spooky.

There aren't ships in the multiplayer, so I doubt that's the issue. Sounds like a pretty wild bug, to me. I definitely haven't experienced that one before.

My guess is that it was just a freaky one-time issue. However, if you experience it again, or if it's hindering game progress or enjoyment, you can submit a support request (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/SignIn?nextUrl=https%3a%2f%2fsupport.ubi.com%2fen-us%2fcases%2fnew).

Thanks!

JibbyfOfficial
07-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah. It never happened again. I don't think I need the support to be honest. But still thanks.

UbiCosmos
07-23-2019, 01:39 AM
Hi JibbyfOfficial,

First off, welcome to the forums! :) Interesting, definitely sounds like a one-off glitch to me. Thanks for sharing this experience with us though, it definitely sounds pretty crazy!

JibbyfOfficial
07-23-2019, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the greetings. Yeah it does sound interesting. Maybe I should've kept the duplicate one, just to see what happens.

UbiCosmos
07-24-2019, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the greetings. Yeah it does sound interesting. Maybe I should've kept the duplicate one, just to see what happens.

Yes, you definitely have me wondering what would have happened if you did keep it! Maybe a glitch in the matrix? ;) I don't suppose you have a video of this happening either?

JibbyfOfficial
07-24-2019, 09:38 AM
No sorry. But I'll keep you informed if something weird happens again.

Locopells
07-25-2019, 05:44 PM
So, the Multiverse is a thing in AC now?!

JibbyfOfficial
07-25-2019, 10:47 PM
Locopells
Pretty much lol