PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody say how revenge work????????

PecarCZ
07-21-2019, 09:28 PM
When i fight 2v1 or 3v1 i dont get revenge before i die with Lawbringer but when i play vs other Heroes and they got revenger after minimum hits.

rottmeister
07-21-2019, 09:43 PM
No clue. When I'm the one getting ganked it's basically nonexistant, unless I play Raider (or any vanguard/heavy), haha. When I'm in party chat with my "crew" they rage for me when they see I'm not getting revenge even though it's a 1vs4. I'm just sitting there with the most emotionless face and am like "just a normal day in For Honor". It's a bit of a running joke that I always act like I don't know what revenge is, because I never get it :D

Vakris_One
07-21-2019, 09:57 PM
It depends on a number of factors.

1) Revenge gain is dictated by the default HP pool of a character. This means that a character like Lawbringer, with a default health pool of 150 will gain revenge slower than a character with a lower health pool like Shinobi who is at 110. The rule to remember is: the smaller the default HP pool the faster the revenge gain.

2) Parrying attacks from multiple opponents, getting bashed and being GBed (regardless if you counter GB or not) generates the most amount of revenge. If the opponents are spamming attacks out with no regards to optimal ganking then they will feed their target revenge a lot quicker than players who employ more optimal ganking strategies.

3) Revenge occasionally bugs out and sometimes you don't get the revenge tags working as they should and etc. That's something out of the player's hands and will only get fixed when the devs release a patch for it.

PecarCZ
07-21-2019, 10:09 PM
Most of time when i got revenge i got only 5%hp and when i try it with Shugoki and got revenge very fast with him.Revenge need fix adn blocking need fix too sometimes enemy attacks ignore my block with no reason (most time i got hit by light chain where i block first attack but second attack ignore my block) but blocking bug is in game for more that year and devs still not fix it so with this we can see revenge in next 1-2 years.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBCb1u_evSc when you play in slow speed you can see how his attacks ignore blocking.

SicKno86
07-22-2019, 03:24 PM
It depends on the character you're playing i guess. I don't have a main and i play them all. It's especially noticable for me how some characters gain revenge faster than others. With Highlander, Shinobi, Centurion and many others i just can't seem to get it for some reason. No matter how much i block or parry. The meter literally just doesn't build, because im always keeping an eye on it and these are in 1v2 and 1v3 situations.

But with Tiandi, Aramusha, Warden and even Peacekeeper i can get it pretty fast. It's just really weird.

littlefluffyegg
07-22-2019, 08:17 PM
Freeze made a video on this.Revenge uses a "tag" system,but it isn't completely glitchless.(Although i'm pretty sure the lawbringer long arm bug has been fixed)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYP5koxucig

Erhanninja
07-22-2019, 09:06 PM
It basically doesn't work as intended. The state of revenge is very very bad. For some heroes it comes instantly some other it doesn't come at all.

I see orochi blocking 2 attacks each from 2 different guys getting revenge. Earlier today I got ganked from 4 guys for about 20-30 seconds with Hitokiri I got nowhere close getting revenge.

Then another example I ganked a warden with another guy he got revenge 4 times back to back! It's ridiculous. We land nearly all hits bring him like 5HP he gets revenge again keep hitting take all revenge health when revenge wears off again he is on lowest health before we could even hit again he gets revenge again. this happened 4 times. What happened in the end? He killed both of us after getting revenge 4 times. We never got revenge even once. It's ridiculous.

Another example happens a lot I gank an enemy with another guy he never lands a hit never blocks us we land all the attacks but before last attack he gets revenge. Mostly some certain heroes it never happened to me possibly due to heroes I'm playing.

It's extremely inconsistent. I have no faith in devs team whatsoever.

Revenge doesn't work against some heroes but when some gets revenge they become unstoppable.

atac56
07-22-2019, 09:21 PM
It basically doesn't work as intended. The state of revenge is very very bad. For some heroes it comes instantly some other it doesn't come at all.

I see orochi blocking 2 attacks each from 2 different guys getting revenge. Earlier today I got ganked from 4 guys for about 20-30 seconds with Hitokiri I got nowhere close getting revenge.

Then another example I ganked a warden with another guy he got revenge 4 times back to back! It's ridiculous. We land nearly all hits bring him like 5HP he gets revenge again keep hitting take all revenge health when revenge wears off again he is on lowest health before we could even hit again he gets revenge again. this happened 4 times. What happened in the end? He killed both of us after getting revenge 4 times. We never got revenge even once. It's ridiculous.

Another example happens a lot I gank an enemy with another guy he never lands a hit never blocks us we land all the attacks but before last attack he gets revenge. Mostly some certain heroes it never happened to me possibly due to heroes I'm playing.

It's extremely inconsistent. I have no faith in devs team whatsoever.

Revenge doesn't work against some heroes but when some gets revenge they become unstoppable.

this has been my exact experience with revenge. i've even noticed some people get revenge from an enemy missing a guardbreak because the guy was midroll. lawbringers, wardens and shugokis seem to live in revenge mode. its how most of them get their kills

PecarCZ
07-22-2019, 09:34 PM
Lol i play with Lawbringer and i can say i dont get almost any revenge during Dominion and i can go 1v2 or 1v3, i can get hit block/parry attacks but i dont get single point of revenge.Its ****ing bugged right now heroes like sakura/black prior/warden got 3-4 hit in 1v2 and got revenge but with lawbringer my revenge meter is in 1v3 empty.I can see Revenge meter animation what do when you got revenge point but my revenge meter is empty.

SicKno86
07-27-2019, 02:50 AM
This is getting beyond ridiculous now tbh. Im 1v1 versus a Warden as Shaman, im about to kill him so he turtles. A teammate kensei shows up, Warden blocks twice, then blocks one of my attacks. Instant revenge.

A little while later im dealing with an Orochi and a Centurion. Blocking and dodging pretty much everything l also parry Cent's charged heavy attack, i CGB Orochi twice, then i get kicked by Cent. They hit me a few times. Nope, nothing.

They really need to fix this **** man. When i play certain characters like Warden or Orochi the revenge meter builds just fine. Infact im seriously surprised how fast i get revenge with certain characters sometimes. And it's obvious when it doesn't build when it should with other charactets. I block a few hits with Orochi and BAM revenge. With Shaman? Forget it.

Definately a serious problem that's kinda starting to piss me off.

ballon009
07-27-2019, 04:39 AM
There is no general rule as above have pointed out but out of experience and some testing here are some general numbers.

(1)- Lower health heroes gain revenge more on Parry, but less on block then heroes with large health

(2)- GBs seem to generate around +15% of the damage done by the following attack of its damage. So parrying a heavy would give around +5-15 depending on the above.

(3)- the above seems to double for each player locked on at you and swinging within a certain time range (assuming you parry the incoming first hit)

(4)- getting knocked down generates 0 revenge- unless a person feinted you into a GB combo then it gives around 5?

(5)- Blocking light attacks gives practically no revenge unless it’s a second or third hit in the combo.

That is why hero’s like centorian, Nabushi, Shin, Warlord, and Zerk / Shaman can reach full revenge in less then 1 group gain hit. So if they all hit you at once or close to it, you can parry one of the hits and let the others hit you- you won’t take damage. But it will fully fill your revenge matter, and then when you about to take the second wave, you activate revenge and drop them to ground.

Then you unlocked zone- this will kill all low health heroes, and majority of high health heroes. Since this will do around 55 damage in front of you