PDA

View Full Version : Warden's Valiant Breakthrough

Mighty_Mackerel
07-20-2019, 02:27 AM
It's been a really long time since I've played as the Warden so I might need a memory refresher: is Warden's Valiant Breakthrough supposed to be able to hit an opponent whilst in the middle of their roll animation or was it meant to be timed specifically right when your opponent is getting back up? I ran into one of those players who likes to roll away from every combo mix-up today and since I just so happened to be playing the Warden, I thought I'd use the Valiant Breakthrough since that's what it was made for. But it didn't work. So I just need to know if the game isn't working correctly or if I need to just time it correctly.

Thanks.

SlaaneshsScion
07-20-2019, 03:07 AM
As far as I know and have been able to do it should be able to catch them mid roll. Much like kenseis dodge forward attack it's meant to keep players from getting away Scott free. I've been able to catch players in the middle of a roll away and more than once I've been caught by it myself thinking I had enough time.

I'd say it's just a timing issue, it can take a little practice but you should be able to pull it off as long as you initiate it anywhere from the beginning to at least half way through the dodge animation.

Sweaty_Sock
07-20-2019, 03:48 AM
If you do it too early they will dodge as their dodge converts into a roll - usually you need to delay about 200 ms before you attack

Knight_Raime
07-20-2019, 06:19 PM
It does roll catch. You can't use it on reaction to the person rolling. You have to do it on a read. So in the case of dodge into unlock roll you have to input the dodge heavy as they're converting into a roll. Not while they're rolling.