PDA

View Full Version : So I went ahead & downloaded the BF2 demo...

ZA_Corax
07-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I thought the game was going to be different to the original BF (fooled me by those awsome trailers), plays exactly the same as the original BF1942 with better graphics.

To begin with, I hated the original... and as it turns out I'm not too fond of this version too. I guess some can still play the run and gun... but that got old during the first rendition of Quake, but I digress...

I'm very much looking forward to another tactical game... perhaps GRAW can fill that gap. Now only time will tell...

Kurtz_
07-18-2005, 04:24 PM
As it stands now, your choices are GRAW or OFP. It's a sad commentary on the state of gaming that not even 1 company could build a tactical combat game that could even fill in for GR. Forget about equalling or surpassing it, haven't found anything yet. SWAT 4 was a good game, but it got repetitive. I play some DF Extreme because the big maps remind me of GR. So, for me, it's GRAW or nothing.

apollo104
07-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Yes, but sometimes I have to hate Redstorm for making Ghost Recon. Without it, I would still be in bliss playing BF1942, Half Life, and Unreal Tournament. But those bastages had to show me tactical gameplay, and now I want more.

spm1138
07-19-2005, 02:36 PM
The only real change from Desert Combat is the commander options and the squad stuff.

If that is being used on the server you are on then BF2 is great. Otherwise it's very boring.