PDA

View Full Version : Please, make a huge rebalance on feats

Goat_of_Vermund
07-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Feats are currently horribly balanced, and if you take the characters themselves into account, it is even worse. There are rare cases, like centurion, who is almost viable thanks to his feats, but in most cases, it just widens the gap. I won't waste my time much, just a few examples:

- A level 2 passive warden feat guts a level 3 active plus at least 3 heroes' entire kit
- Pk gets a projectile that deals less than half the damage other projectiles deal.
- The warden has at least two totally worthless feats
- The entire knight faction is nerfed with the fiat lux, a far worse kiai.
- Bp's level 2 bulwark heal is far better than the level 4 regeneration all heavier heroes have
- Uninterruptible armored hitokiri execution is only a level 1 feat, should be at least level 3.
- Slippery.

They should be rebalanced asap.

allenhollow
07-06-2019, 09:34 PM
but you talk only about kignt's feat !
hitokiri's uninterruptible armor is fine it's just an armor which you can cancel by many ways
many look at the feat that gives health when killing minions (i forgot it name) totally broken just try to kill a conq or a nobu farming there, it's hell

J2skarz
07-07-2019, 03:45 AM
Agree that Slippery is literally the most useless feat in the game. Freeze even made a video about this which I don't think anyone can disagree with.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-07-2019, 04:33 AM
I could make a longer list, but let's be honest, we are here because we like the game and we want to vent some frustrations we had here, I don't think anything matters we post here.

Body count, the minion farmer, is one of the better feats, but I think it's okay in most cases, especially in Breach and Skirmish (yeah, we have a game mode named that lol). Hitokiri's feat is not fine, however, even if you can still gb her out of the execution. She gets not only uninterruptible status for a level 1 feat, but also armor that protects her from incoming damage. New executions will make the feat even worse.

Other examples for non knight feats:

- Iron lungs. Yeah, it might have it's uses, though I think you will sprint about twice exhausted per game.
- Rock Steady is stupidly broken, I don't even have to go into details I think.
- Shaolin teleportation. It is an unbelievably stupid idea to design a move that teleports you across the map, then give it to only one character.
- Level 4 shinobi feat makes him basically inderstructible unless he is bad (most of them are).
- Kensei's unblockable feat still looks stronger than other 4v4 feats, though in his case, that's a short glory for a weaker character.

CanadianSoupMan
07-07-2019, 01:31 PM
I could make a longer list, but let's be honest, we are here because we like the game and we want to vent some frustrations we had here, I don't think anything matters we post here.

Body count, the minion farmer, is one of the better feats, but I think it's okay in most cases, especially in Breach and Skirmish (yeah, we have a game mode named that lol). Hitokiri's feat is not fine, however, even if you can still gb her out of the execution. She gets not only uninterruptible status for a level 1 feat, but also armor that protects her from incoming damage. New executions will make the feat even worse.

Other examples for non knight feats:

- Iron lungs. Yeah, it might have it's uses, though I think you will sprint about twice exhausted per game.
- Rock Steady is stupidly broken, I don't even have to go into details I think.
- Shaolin teleportation. It is an unbelievably stupid idea to design a move that teleports you across the map, then give it to only one character.
- Level 4 shinobi feat makes him basically inderstructible unless he is bad (most of them are).
- Kensei's unblockable feat still looks stronger than other 4v4 feats, though in his case, that's a short glory for a weaker character.

You literally can't mess with shaolins feats unless he gets a rework. I have 57 reps with shaolin and the success rate with the kick is literally like 50/50. Someone in dodge recovery is invincible to the feat, meaning if you spam dodges shaolin will always miss the kick. The attack has a reasonable cool-down and only guarantees a light for roughly 20 damage. If you open yourself up to failure with the sweep or heavy you are still only getting 35 damage for an attack you can promise will get parried or dodged. Shaolin is one of the lowest DPS'ing characters in the game, has a weak light spam, no HA, and you can ignore like all of his kit. He requires substantial knowledge to play at high level and if you take away his kick it will ruing him in 4v4s. Both his teleports are fairly balanced. The only issue i have with his T4 tele is that he can take the banner with him or offerings. Any of shaolins feats are no where close to how OP the other ones are.

With kensei the easy fix would to make it only on heavies and give it also to tiandi.

Rock steady i agree should be removed from the game entirely or have a 20 second cool down plus be an active feat and get taken away from aramusha.

Iron lungs is a garbage uselss feat.

I barely have touched shinobi so i can't say

I would much rather have feats setup better in general/

Have global T1 and 2 feats so you can use them across any character
T3 and T4 feats should be specific to faction and class.

Vendelkin
07-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Hitos feat is not fine you are right. It needs a buff.

Literally useless anywhere other than in the minion lane without enemy players around if the enemies are even slightly prepared.

The shield buff is actually a trap because its bugged and also will prematurely erase shields from any other source. Guardian buff. Gone. Revenge shield? Gone. Black prior or other shield? Gone. Consumable shield? Gone.

Seriously all anyone has to do is gb. If you cant gb at the time cause you are oos or something you wouldnt have been able to stop the execution anyways.

Vendelkin
07-07-2019, 01:41 PM
Seperate note tho. Yeah feats definately need a balancing pass. More options for more characters. And some uniques given to each character.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Lol, it really removes your shield? Ubi will never cease to impress me... Anyway, in Breach, it is a huge advantage, minions are mostly around you, that execution hp means a lot.

Even if you don't get any damage from the teleport, it is still a broken feat, especially on big maps.

CanadianSoupMan
07-07-2019, 02:07 PM
Lol, it really removes your shield? Ubi will never cease to impress me... Anyway, in Breach, it is a huge advantage, minions are mostly around you, that execution hp means a lot.

Even if you don't get any damage from the teleport, it is still a broken feat, especially on big maps.

"even if your T4 feat is almost utterly useless it is broken". How am i supposed to use in in a 4v4 team battle on top of the commander to help? Fire flask or highlanders spear drop will murder the entire enemy team with the press of one button! How can you use it at all to enhance combat? It gives shaolin mobility. It is the only mobility he has. raider literally runs faster than shaolin with fury. Has more hp, double the DPS, HA, stuns on demand, self heals, has a fire flask, heals from minion killing, drops damaging traps.

Its main use is to run away which barely happens as you can get heavied or shot by a feat before it activates. Again shaolin is the lowest dps character in the game and two of his feats are teleports that don't even guarantee damage. It is not broken and it is ignorant to suggest otherwise while this game is literally unplayable from: bugs, character balance, crap game-mode, crap matchmaking, crap dev team, etc...

Feel free to explain a situation where a shaolin used his teleports to turn the tides of battle and just destroy you.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Should I really explain why the ability to travel more than 100 yards in two seconds even through walls, heights and hazards is incredibly strong? Yes, the raider is an incredibly broken character, maybe the strongest ever (second only to the oneshot warden), so it's no surprise he is stronger.

Ps: in clusterfights, the feat has indeed no use.

Hormly
07-07-2019, 04:27 PM
At this point fixing feats is impossible.

I say just remove them

MessirePhilippe
07-07-2019, 08:32 PM
You literally can't mess with shaolins feats unless he gets a rework. I have 57 reps with shaolin and the success rate with the kick is literally like 50/50. Someone in dodge recovery is invincible to the feat, meaning if you spam dodges shaolin will always miss the kick. The attack has a reasonable cool-down and only guarantees a light for roughly 20 damage. If you open yourself up to failure with the sweep or heavy you are still only getting 35 damage for an attack you can promise will get parried or dodged. Shaolin is one of the lowest DPS'ing characters in the game, has a weak light spam, no HA, and you can ignore like all of his kit. He requires substantial knowledge to play at high level and if you take away his kick it will ruing him in 4v4s. Both his teleports are fairly balanced. The only issue i have with his T4 tele is that he can take the banner with him or offerings. Any of shaolins feats are no where close to how OP the other ones are.

With kensei the easy fix would to make it only on heavies and give it also to tiandi.

Rock steady i agree should be removed from the game entirely or have a 20 second cool down plus be an active feat and get taken away from aramusha.

Iron lungs is a garbage uselss feat.

I barely have touched shinobi so i can't say

I would much rather have feats setup better in general/

Have global T1 and 2 feats so you can use them across any character
T3 and T4 feats should be specific to faction and class.
I like the idea to make Rock steady a active feat , if they do that he can stay like is it for me , the idea to make random feat for everyone at feat 1 and 2 and more factional and special for the heroes at lvl 3 and 4 is nice too 👌

Goat_of_Vermund
07-07-2019, 10:34 PM
I think they should be reworked idividually, and they shouldn't give them all to all characters. Do we really want Black Prior with Shieldbasher?

MessirePhilippe
07-08-2019, 02:06 AM
Haha no for sure ^^

The_B0G_
07-08-2019, 02:12 PM
I liked the old gear system the best, you could use it to fix some of your character's weaknesses, such as low stamina or low damage, you could stack gear to help in certain areas at the expense of other areas. It had it's defects (revenge builds) but could have been fixed with adjustments.

The perks are absolutely useless for certain characters and slightly useful at best for certain others.

Sorry to say but I think we're all wasting our time though, feedback on the perks has been almost entirely negative since they released, the devs have changed nothing since then, and haven't even brought it up since they released it, to my knowledge.

The devs even had a dedicated stickied perk system feedback thread with hundreds of replies (nearly all negative), yet we heard absolutely nothing on any changes, they won't change anything about the perks, even though it was an absolute failure.

The only thing it fixed was new players thinking that veteran player's were beating them solely because they had higher gear score. Now they just get beat with equally crappy gear.

MessirePhilippe
07-08-2019, 07:53 PM
I liked the old gear system the best, you could use it to fix some of your character's weaknesses, such as low stamina or low damage, you could stack gear to help in certain areas at the expense of other areas. It had it's defects (revenge builds) but could have been fixed with adjustments.

The perks are absolutely useless for certain characters and slightly useful at best for certain others.

Sorry to say but I think we're all wasting our time though, feedback on the perks has been almost entirely negative since they released, the devs have changed nothing since then, and haven't even brought it up since they released it, to my knowledge.

The devs even had a dedicated stickied perk system feedback thread with hundreds of replies (nearly all negative), yet we heard absolutely nothing on any changes, they won't change anything about the perks, even though it was an absolute failure.

The only thing it fixed was new players thinking that veteran player's were beating them solely because they had higher gear score. Now they just get beat with equally crappy gear.

Agree mate , i miss this old system , just some improvement was necessary ,why delete all ="O #We Remember (the minion kill was cool too ="/ )