PDA

View Full Version : Stop Looping Sound Event After X Seconds.

KittyTacBomb
07-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Hey, in my track I have set up a pipe burst event. I have created the cog wheel spinning using a OPE successfully. It spins for 3 seconds and does a full -360 degree rotation.

I have set up a sound loop event of a spinning cog. Everything starts up when the area trigger is hit , except I am having trouble shutting it off when the OPE wheel spin ends.

It’s probably a easy fix , I am pretty new to using the logic cards. I’ve checked out all of Swamp’s and Shogun’s editor tutorial series and have not found a solution.

Thanks !

Lukeyy19
07-04-2019, 09:56 PM
I assume you have a sound event to turn the looping sound effect on? You then need to continue the impulse to an "Impulse Delay Filter", set that impulse delay filter to 3 seconds and then into another sound event linked to the same looping sound source but set to turn the sound effect off.

KittyTacBomb
07-04-2019, 10:45 PM
I assume you have a sound event to turn the looping sound effect on? You then need to continue the impulse to an "Impulse Delay Filter", set that impulse delay filter to 3 seconds and then into another sound event linked to the same looping sound source but set to turn the sound effect off.

Yup. That did the trick. Thank you very much.