PDA

View Full Version : An idea for a closed/open world 4v4 for honor.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-02-2019, 06:42 AM
Why not make a For honor at sea. The arcade mode would be the islands and the sea would be the 4v4. The size of ship you have correlates to the game mode you want to play. The amount of reward is based on a bet called a parley. You gain treasure by doing the arcade modes and can use the treasure to by customizations for your hero and upgrade your ship.
When your ship is spotted a parley prompt shows up for both teams on the boats. The bid stats on a truce that each can offer the other to let them pass. Whoever offers the most gives the treasure to the other for safe passage. If a bet is offered instead of a truce the the truce is paid. If bet is offered by both the fight is mostly on. A boat the offers a truce can still try to out run the other ship to an island.
1st. During the on sea battle the more damage you do to a person's ship the more feats you get in the fight. The damage you do to the crew you get even better feats.
2. When it's time to board all players have full health. When the fight ends everything returns back to normal and the bet money is given to the winner.
3. 1+1 ships can combine to form a team of two boats in a 2v2 fight though a 2 person boat is usually more powerful than two 1 person boats (1 boat+1 boat team). This logic follows to 4 person mega boats fights.
4. All nearby boats can be tracked on a map that shows distances to island as well as well as home base for banking your winnings. The open seas are were the fights happen. If a boat travels to your home base open shores that is not of the faction it can be fired upon and destroyed by any in your faction with the bounty going to the one being chased. The farther a hero goes into open seas the better the treasure on the arcade quest mode.
5. There are four main categories for ship
1. The AI ship: never particpates in the MMO and only fights bot ships and arcade mode quests.
2. The party ship: a ship that hosts.
(for fun fights, social, trading equipment, ect) neutral territory.
3. The quest ship: this ship can only be contacted before and after a quest once to parley usually. The more a quest ship is vulnerable to parley the greater the treasure during quest.
4. The attack ship: a quest ship can turn into an attack ship on the way back from a quest. An attack ship gains attack cannons but losses durability. An attack ship can stay out at sea indefinitely. Two attack ships can combine to become a larger attack ship after parley with another attack vessel.

The game is meant to encourage the building of large attack ships and large crews. If a crew never leaves game you still have the option of paying a truce to get to a base or a social boat to pick up another crew. You can contract out a crew member for part of the quest or parley treasure bounties. If that person leaves before the quest is over the contract has a penalty that they will have to pay if you request compensation for the untimely departure.
If you decided to become an attack boat you void the contract but the person can remain on the attack boat as part of your attack boat crew and be paid according to the parley percentage each crew member receives.
A contractor from a different faction can be picked up on a social boat. Meaning if your the vicking faction for these quests you only sail with other vicking unless you contract out work. Again you can only bank at your factions home land but a contractor from a separate faction can bank at your factions home base while under contract or while docking on your attack boat to bank or start a quest boat. The contractor will fast travel to the party ship or his home base when no more contracts are wanted.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-02-2019, 08:19 AM
I won't say I understand everything perfectly, but this looks cool and unique.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-02-2019, 11:09 AM
I won't say I understand everything perfectly, but this looks cool and unique.
Thanks! I can't say I got it all down pat myself hehe! What can I clarify for you? Is it the parley system?
I had this idea while I was watching pirates of the Caribbean 3 on Netflix. I thought boats would be the perfect place to add realism and depth to the fights with the limited amount of heros the game employs per match. And the parley system of truce and betting would be a neat way of adding stakes to each game in a mass mutiplayer.

Goat_of_Vermund
07-02-2019, 02:28 PM
I think I understand it, just said I am not sure all details is totally clear, but I did not have the time the read it a second time. However, I understand the idea itself, and it would add so much to the game.

shogun_guardian
07-02-2019, 10:42 PM
Why not make a For honor at sea. The arcade mode would be the islands and the sea would be the 4v4. The size of ship you have correlates to the game mode you want to play. The amount of reward is based on a bet called a parley. You gain treasure by doing the arcade modes and can use the treasure to by customizations for your hero and upgrade your ship.
When your ship is spotted a parley prompt shows up for both teams on the boats. The bid stats on a truce that each can offer the other to let them pass. Whoever offers the most gives the treasure to the other for safe passage. If a bet is offered instead of a truce the the truce is paid. If bet is offered by both the fight is mostly on. A boat the offers a truce can still try to out run the other ship to an island.
1st. During the on sea battle the more damage you do to a person's ship the more feats you get in the fight. The damage you do to the crew you get even better feats.
2. When it's time to board all players have full health. When the fight ends everything returns back to normal and the bet money is given to the winner.
3. 1+1 ships can combine to form a team of two boats in a 2v2 fight though a 2 person boat is usually more powerful than two 1 person boats (1 boat+1 boat team). This logic follows to 4 person mega boats fights.
4. All nearby boats can be tracked on a map that shows distances to island as well as well as home base for banking your winnings. The open seas are were the fights happen. If a boat travels to your home base open shores that is not of the faction it can be fired upon and destroyed by any in your faction with the bounty going to the one being chased. The farther a hero goes into open seas the better the treasure on the arcade quest mode.
5. There are four main categories for ship
1. The AI ship: never particpates in the MMO and only fights bot ships and arcade mode quests.
2. The party ship: a ship that hosts.
(for fun fights, social, trading equipment, ect) neutral territory.
3. The quest ship: this ship can only be contacted before and after a quest once to parley usually. The more a quest ship is vulnerable to parley the greater the treasure during quest.
4. The attack ship: a quest ship can turn into an attack ship on the way back from a quest. An attack ship gains attack cannons but losses durability. An attack ship can stay out at sea indefinitely. Two attack ships can combine to become a larger attack ship after parley with another attack vessel.

The game is meant to encourage the building of large attack ships and large crews. If a crew never leaves game you still have the option of paying a truce to get to a base or a social boat to pick up another crew. You can contract out a crew member for part of the quest or parley treasure bounties. If that person leaves before the quest is over the contract has a penalty that they will have to pay if you request compensation for the untimely departure.
If you decided to become an attack boat you void the contract but the person can remain on the attack boat as part of your attack boat crew and be paid according to the parley percentage each crew member receives.
A contractor from a different faction can be picked up on a social boat. Meaning if your the vicking faction for these quests you only sail with other vicking unless you contract out work. Again you can only bank at your factions home land but a contractor from a separate faction can bank at your factions home base while under contract or while docking on your attack boat to bank or start a quest boat. The contractor will fast travel to the party ship or his home base when no more contracts are wanted.

cool :D

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-03-2019, 05:27 AM
cool :D thanks!

Okt0g00N
07-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Aight, this mode right here seems insane, adding something like that to the game would make for honor an E3 worthy game with it's new updates and stuff...
Also CrimsonMonkey could i make a version of this but refined and easier to read, ill also give credits and hopefully understood what you meant.
Is this like an addition to arcade and the boat fights give you bonuses in arcade quests or is it a huge almost open world zone?
Please message me if you would like or not like for me to do a refined post of this great piece of art

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-04-2019, 02:27 AM
Aight, this mode right here seems insane, adding something like that to the game would make for honor an E3 worthy game with it's new updates and stuff...
Also CrimsonMonkey could i make a version of this but refined and easier to read, ill also give credits and hopefully understood what you meant.
Is this like an addition to arcade and the boat fights give you bonuses in arcade quests or is it a huge almost open world zone?
Please message me if you would like or not like for me to do a refined post of this great piece of art

Thanks mate and sure!

It can really be almost anything.

The quest/attack boat system and parley system is designed to facilitate the limitations of for honors 4v4 player mechanics and lack of social construct.

The AI attack boats are for people who want an only arcade experience when traveling to their quest.

The quests to island I thought should only be an arcade mode for solo or coop play but I don't see why an island for dominion type modes as a social boat couldn't exist.

When you except a quest. The quest scroll contact will pay out a bounty based on the difficulty of the quest on the island, the vulnerability to parley on the way to the island, distance to the island, and any other provisions that are required to complete the quest. In short the more difficult and complex the the entire journey and quest completion is the more it pays out as a bounty.
I think I did a decent job explain the quest boat X attack boat thing earlier as well as how contacting heros out works.
Hope I answered your questions.

Cheers!

Okt0g00N
07-04-2019, 04:31 AM
Thanks mate and sure!

It can really be almost anything.

The quest/attack boat system and parley system is designed to facilitate the limitations of for honors 4v4 player mechanics and lack of social construct.

The AI attack boats are for people who want an only arcade experience when traveling to their quest.

The quests to island I thought should only be an arcade mode for solo or coop play but I don't see why an island for dominion type modes as a social boat couldn't exist.

When you except a quest. The quest scroll contact will pay out a bounty based on the difficulty of the quest on the island, the vulnerability to parley on the way to the island, distance to the island, and any other provisions that are required to complete the quest. In short the more difficult and complex the the entire journey and quest completion is the more it pays out as a bounty.
I think I did a decent job explain the quest boat X attack boat thing earlier as well as how contacting heros out works.
Hope I answered your questions.

Cheers!

It really helped my understand some mechanics but is the boat system a separate thing, like AI ships will never encounter play boats unless you are doing specific quests for it? And does the combat boat join you in pvp battles, and about the quest ship that spawns after a quest or is at the quest before and after? if so this is really a great idea and ill try to make a refined one based on my understanding.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-04-2019, 08:31 AM
Correct the AI boats will never parley a player unless he is playing full arcade mode.

You could have AI boats vs player boats in multi-player mode but to me that would just be like a side mission to stay busy and in my eyes would just be fast switch arcade mode to earn a little cash and wouldn't be a direct participant in the multi-player mode so I consider an only arcade mode. Meaning the AI boat will never try to parley with a multi-player boat but a multi-player boat can still parley or just board an AI boat. Hope that makes sense.

Quest boats essentially are player/players boats going to a quest. A quest boat is only vulnerable to parley a certain number of times before it has a certainty of reaching its quest island. The more parleys and the more dangerous the mission the higher the quest bounty. (low tier quests have cheap bounties and one parley on the way)
When the island quest is over you have treasure on your ship that may or may not be enough that you want to bank at home.
Let say you lost 1000 gold in a parley bet and you lost and the quest island mission was only worth 500 gold. Since you are Caped at 5000 gold on solo boats you are now at 3500 gold so you are short 500 from 4000 you brought with you on the boat to parley with.

At this point you being solo have three options.
1. Take the quest boat back to your faction base to pick up another quest. Your quest boat will only allow one parley on the home travel.
2. You can become an attack boat and roam the seas and see how much gold you can make or lose against other 1v1 attack and quest ships. (you can join other attack boats after parley to become a 2,3, or 4 person team). Attack boats can stay out at sea indefinitely and can be parleyed with indefinitely (one per ship though).
3. You can go to the social boat/island or home faction and act as a contractor to Captains looking for a crew member to aid in difficult/high bounty quests or Captains who have attack ships looking for good fighting crewmember.

At higher levels of play there could be attack ship crew quests and 4 crew vs level 3 bots island quests that require unique heros from other factions. There could be custom interior Ship design (essentially fighting map design) and exterior ship customization for bling, speed, durability, and weaponary ect. Of 4 person crew ships.

I have an idea for a 8 boat or more, 4v4 faction War where boats actually can get destroyed and and can only be stopped by boarding, being boarded, or boat battle tactics....bit that's just an add on idea.

The parley system:
Boat 1 and boat 2
Alert: boat in your area. Parley system prompts.
Example1: Boat 1 truce 1gold offered. Boat 2 truce 300 gold offered = boat 1 gets 300 gold from boat 2 and no fight.
Example 2: boat 1 truce 100 gold. Boat 2 bet 1 gold. = boat 2 gets 100 gold from boat 1. No fight.

Example 3: boat 1 bet 3 gold. Boat 2 bets 1000 gold. = both boats can try to run from the other and escape to a nearby island (which ends the parley) or they can attack the other and board the other.
The more damage you do to a ship and it's crew before boarding the more perks you get during the 4v4 battle. If 4v4 battle is won by boat 1 they are rewarded 3 gold from boat 2. If boat 2 wins the 4v4 they are given 1000 gold from boat 1.

Parley fight is over. Now the boats have the option of joining forces or going their separate ways.

Okt0g00N
07-04-2019, 02:15 PM
Correct the AI boats will never parley a player unless he is playing full arcade mode.

You could have AI boats vs player boats in multi-player mode but to me that would just be like a side mission to stay busy and in my eyes would just be fast switch arcade mode to earn a little cash and wouldn't be a direct participant in the multi-player mode so I consider an only arcade mode. Meaning the AI boat will never try to parley with a multi-player boat but a multi-player boat can still parley or just board an AI boat. Hope that makes sense.

Quest boats essentially are player/players boats going to a quest. A quest boat is only vulnerable to parley a certain number of times before it has a certainty of reaching its quest island. The more parleys and the more dangerous the mission the higher the quest bounty. (low tier quests have cheap bounties and one parley on the way)
When the island quest is over you have treasure on your ship that may or may not be enough that you want to bank at home.
Let say you lost 1000 gold in a parley bet and you lost and the quest island mission was only worth 500 gold. Since you are Caped at 5000 gold on solo boats you are now at 3500 gold so you are short 500 from 4000 you brought with you on the boat to parley with.

At this point you being solo have three options.
1. Take the quest boat back to your faction base to pick up another quest. Your quest boat will only allow one parley on the home travel.
2. You can become an attack boat and roam the seas and see how much gold you can make or lose against other 1v1 attack and quest ships. (you can join other attack boats after parley to become a 2,3, or 4 person team). Attack boats can stay out at sea indefinitely and can be parleyed with indefinitely (one per ship though).
3. You can go to the social boat/island or home faction and act as a contractor to Captains looking for a crew member to aid in difficult/high bounty quests or Captains who have attack ships looking for good fighting crewmember.

At higher levels of play there could be attack ship crew quests and 4 crew vs level 3 bots island quests that require unique heros from other factions. There could be custom interior Ship design (essentially fighting map design) and exterior ship customization for bling, speed, durability, and weaponary ect. Of 4 person crew ships.

I have an idea for a 8 boat or more, 4v4 faction War where boats actually can get destroyed and and can only be stopped by boarding, being boarded, or boat battle tactics....bit that's just an add on idea.

The parley system:
Boat 1 and boat 2
Alert: boat in your area. Parley system prompts.
Example1: Boat 1 truce 1gold offered. Boat 2 truce 300 gold offered = boat 1 gets 300 gold from boat 2 and no fight.
Example 2: boat 1 truce 100 gold. Boat 2 bet 1 gold. = boat 2 gets 100 gold from boat 1. No fight.

Example 3: boat 1 bet 3 gold. Boat 2 bets 1000 gold. = both boats can try to run from the other and escape to a nearby island (which ends the parley) or they can attack the other and board the other.
The more damage you do to a ship and it's crew before boarding the more perks you get during the 4v4 battle. If 4v4 battle is won by boat 1 they are rewarded 3 gold from boat 2. If boat 2 wins the 4v4 they are given 1000 gold from boat 1.

Parley fight is over. Now the boats have the option of joining forces or going their separate ways.

Alright so it's sort of a betting/trading mechanism, and i have finished my scuffed version of it as well, check it out:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2084094-For-Honor-At-Sea-(Refined-CRIMS0NM0NKEY-s-Post)

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
07-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Alright so it's sort of a betting/trading mechanism, and i have finished my scuffed version of it as well, check it out:
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2084094-For-Honor-At-Sea-(Refined-CRIMS0NM0NKEY-s-Post)

I read it and I think you understand what I was trying to convey very well. There was one part I have to clarify because I don't know if you understood correctly.

For honor game mechanics are limited to 4v4 game modes. When I mentioned 8v8 it was just me saying you could create large scale hunting/raiding parties using boats to filter fights to 1v1, 2v2, or 4v4. Either in a giant faction War with giant 4v4 ships or in the far sea with attack boats hunting quest or other attack boats. Each boat could be part of a raiding part so if a 1 person quest boats comes along a 1 person boat in your raiding party could separate and attack the quest boat since a 4 person boat could not. A 4 person attack boat would be way too powerful for a 1 person quest boat so the parley system can only work between two boats of equal crew.
As an example you have a raiding/hunt sea party of 4 person attack boat, 2 person attack boat, and a 1 person attack boat. A 2 person quest boat shows up sailing into your hunting ground and Is vulnerable to parley. The captain of the 2 person attack boat would be the only one able to parley with that boat.

I've never played assasins creed or sea of theives so I'll assume you probably know more than me as to how this sea game should work (I got the idea off pirates of the Caribbean). The post sounds great to me and yes by quest or arcade I did basically mean pick a quest then travel to an island and fight an arcade mode type adventure to collect a bounty. It's hard to distinguish between all AI mode at sea and mass multiplayer since AI and arcade mode are synonymous in my way of thinking. Anyways sounds great! Hope it gains some traction!
Post script: if there was a giant faction War set apart from the actual open sea world the most you could have would be around 100 players on ships carting 4 people each. This would mostly be an insane boat vs boat battle with board 4v4 action after a loading screen. For example if your boat is about to get destroyed you could board another event boat. Without the loading screen I don't think the servers could handle it. Essentially 25 vs 25 ships with 4 crew members on each. The only issue with that is everyone would only get 1 life for it to work properly.
In the open sea world, like what you wrote, I don't see a problem with two 4 crewmember boats attacking a single 4 crewmember boat provided only one boat can board to fight the 4v4 match up to complete the parley.