PDA

View Full Version : Peppy dialog loop

Auld_Jack
06-30-2019, 03:43 PM
In the Star Fox campaign A Wolf in Atlas, Peppy gets into a speech loop when you're destroying the heat-corrupted Nova.

This happens every time. Every time. Every time. Every time. Every time. Every time. (oops, I'm sounding like Peppy).

https://imgur.com/cVxQ2Wv

I've given up reporting problems with the dialog. Something is badly wrong with the dialog system in Starlink: Battle for Atlas. It often says the wrong thing, or at the wrong time, or in the wrong voice, or sometimes just doesn't say anything when it should. I don't have the time or interest to create a capture or video and post it for every one of those failures. The dialog system needs to be reviewed.

And we desperately need a way to shut Sage up. Her advice is usually far too late to be useful, and her avatar popping up on the screen during action can be a real problem. For example, when grappling, the target often moves into that part of the screen, and it's effectively impossible to do anything while Sage is babbling on about dealing with the caltrops that the target is releasing. All you can do is sit there and let the caltrops hit your ship until her avatar goes away and you can see what you're doing again so you can complete the grapple.

Ubi-Baron
07-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Thank you for reporting that to us, Auld_Jack

I will certainly pass that on to the team.

Is this the only place you have seen it on that specific campaign or have you encounter Dialog loops elsewhere with the same character?

Auld_Jack
07-06-2019, 04:00 PM
That's the only place I've seen loops.

Ubi-Ginge
07-07-2019, 03:35 AM
Thanks for clarifying Auld_Jack
We'll pass this on to the game team.