PDA

View Full Version : UBIinsulin give this idea to the devs if they rly want to get rid of the turtle meta

garr1999
06-30-2019, 09:48 AM
what is the most easiest guard to turtle with "standard guard"
get rid of that then standardize reflex guard for all static heroes there done
defense becomes optional no more turtling offense becomes king everyone
happy the end

If you guys and girls on the forums don't like this
idea tell me what ideas would you have for truly getting
rid of the turtle meta (which still exists after 2 years) that you could represent to the
devs

AmonDarkGod
06-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Standardize reflex guard wont solve turtling assassins already can parry all the lights and heavies without the need of block

Goat_of_Vermund
06-30-2019, 10:52 AM
I just opened a topic about stamina, a huge stamina buff would help. Other than that, if you check Warden, Berserker, Raider or Black Prior, you can notice there is no turtling against them, you won't counter everything they have. A well designed, wide and adaptable kit is what kills the defensive meta (or broken ones if you want to put it that way.

garr1999
06-30-2019, 11:02 AM
I think there should be changes to guard stamina isn't
gonna solve it even if it is gonna help a little
just because you can throw more attacks doesn't
mean the enemy won't try to block it until your out of
stamina making reflex standardized would mean having blocking
be rare also reducing the decay to gladiators level would cause people
to take a gamble over either taking a hit or parry and since they are giving faster
attacks to everyone they might as well be thinking about changing guarding as well
in the future

garr1999
06-30-2019, 11:29 AM
I think that stamina and guarding needs to be reworked in general
guarding is still badly managed just like stamina there is still the
problem of attacks going through guards and the occasional external indicaters
not working the sudden framedrops and server issues which are always happening
in between breach matches and waiting 1 month for a patch isn't really making
people happy when it gets released and all the time they had before patch they
never tried to public test for bugs and stuff it's ridiculous so yes If you think about it I
am sorta pissed with how the devs are managing their own game in general
and they honestly need to fix their crap or this game is gonna "potentially" die before everything gets
resolved for this "one" game that we all want to succeed

Tyrjo
06-30-2019, 01:04 PM
It's been a while since we had a "turtle meta" post. I wonder why that is.

AmonDarkGod
06-30-2019, 01:25 PM
People will always turtle if they want to no one can stop that. As long as there is parrying, the so called turtle meta will always exist

Tyrjo
06-30-2019, 01:42 PM
People will always turtle if they want to no one can stop that. As long as there is parrying, the so called turtle meta will always exist

Parrying is risky. That's not the problem actually.

Goat_of_Vermund
06-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Turtling is actually going for safe counters without taking serious risks. There are heroes like the conqueror, who is very good at it because he has multiple countertools. However, the newer and better heroes like the new broken raider are impossible to turtle out, there is no move that beats all the options from his combo zone, and that is only one move. Turtling out an aramusha or peacekeeper is not hard of course, for them, the turtle meta is still a thing, but only because their kit has great flaws.

AmonDarkGod
06-30-2019, 02:59 PM
It aint risky once you mastered it

littlefluffyegg
06-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Parrying is risky. That's not the problem actually.

Parrying is still extremely strong.Just remember that there are heroes that can punish you for half your health for a simple light parry.

littlefluffyegg
06-30-2019, 03:22 PM
Turtling is actually going for safe counters without taking serious risks. There are heroes like the conqueror, who is very good at it because he has multiple countertools. However, the newer and better heroes like the new broken raider are impossible to turtle out, there is no move that beats all the options from his combo zone, and that is only one move. Turtling out an aramusha or peacekeeper is not hard of course, for them, the turtle meta is still a thing, but only because their kit has great flaws.

Raider is hard to turtle against because he has actually viable offense and can keep you on your toes.He's an example of what hero should be.

UbiInsulin
06-30-2019, 06:43 PM
what is the most easiest guard to turtle with "standard guard"
get rid of that then standardize reflex guard for all static heroes there done
defense becomes optional no more turtling offense becomes king everyone
happy the end

If you guys and girls on the forums don't like this
idea tell me what ideas would you have for truly getting
rid of the turtle meta (which still exists after 2 years) that you could represent to the
devs

Thanks for your post!

First of all, I want to mention that the dev team is still very much focused on improving offense. A while back, Stefan mentioned looking at several of the stronger defensive mechanics in the game (Shinobi's backflip, Nobushi's Hidden Stance, etc.). We're in agreement with you that we want to move away from the turtle meta - not that those mechanics are the only things that allow players to turtle, of course.

Reflex guard will be standardized, but I don't know of any plans to change the static guard heroes to that system.

I just opened a topic about stamina, a huge stamina buff would help. Other than that, if you check Warden, Berserker, Raider or Black Prior, you can notice there is no turtling against them, you won't counter everything they have. A well designed, wide and adaptable kit is what kills the defensive meta (or broken ones if you want to put it that way.

I've forwarded a bunch of the recent discussion about high stamina costs to the team.

AmonDarkGod
06-30-2019, 08:57 PM
What a broken hero should be...

AmonDarkGod
06-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Raider is hard to turtle against because he has actually viable offense and can keep you on your toes.He's an example of what hero should be.

No Im all for balanced heroes but Raider is no where near Balanced in his current state.. Too much Damage 333 ms light wonky animations and etc are no way near balanced...

SpaceJim12
07-01-2019, 08:59 AM
Mordhau already solved this issue, you know?
Blocking and parry should eat your stamina, as well as attacks. And when done, you can't block or parry. Easy. Until then turtle will be best strategy in 4v4. I played couple games this weekend and in the end of every match I can easily stand against 4, cause my revenge seemed not to end ever.

AmonDarkGod
07-01-2019, 10:56 AM
That will be bad ppl will just spam u once u go OOS

Tyrjo
07-01-2019, 11:14 AM
Parrying is still extremely strong.Just remember that there are heroes that can punish you for half your health for a simple light parry.

I think that is more of a problem related to those heroes. Parrying lights are risky because you open yourself up to being guardbroken which can be fatal in many situations.

AmonDarkGod
07-01-2019, 11:27 AM
same for feinting heavies and gb ing

Goat_of_Vermund
07-01-2019, 11:29 AM
Parrying with some zones is entirely safe on the other hand.

AmonDarkGod
07-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Parrying with zones? Or parrying Zones?

Goat_of_Vermund
07-01-2019, 02:22 PM
With zones. On certain characters only of course, some zones are bad for optionselect, while others are just generally bad for everything.

Knight_Raime
07-01-2019, 03:43 PM
It's been a while since we had a "turtle meta" post. I wonder why that is.

Probably because the game has improved so well at an average level that most people get by just from spamming things and struggle to block.
Turtling is still a very real problem in higher skill brackets.