PDA

View Full Version : about "Auto" function

poppaserf
06-27-2019, 08:35 PM
Does the "Auto" functionality follow any logic? I use it often (sometimes at the start of the mission, sometimes in the middle, or even near the end), and think of it as a function that "automatically pilots the assassins to complete the mission the fastest way."

However, the reality is that "Auto" seems random (or insane, depends on your experience).
One time, it can choose the straight path to the end, using the proper assassin.
The next, it would go back and clear rooms and enemies I already bypassed.
It can choose the assassin and use the proper assassinate or stealth skilld to efficiently clear soldiers. Then the next time, it will choose the healer and face each soldier in the open, taking lots of damage.

I am just curious what the ruleset is for the "Auto" function, so I can properly set expectations on what it can do, and when best to use it. Right now, it's a dice roll, and I'm sorta ok with that. But more clarity would be welcome please.

b45tion
10-31-2019, 07:06 AM
Or get this: the last time I ran a few "auto" missions, I think Luisa went into a room with a chest, and she kicked the damn thing open. :D

In that play session, I saw that not once... twice!

Ubi-Bumble
10-31-2019, 02:03 PM
Or get this: the last time I ran a few "auto" missions, I think Luisa went into a room with a chest, and she kicked the damn thing open. :D

In that play session, I saw that not once... twice!

The Auto Mode calculates the action it uses based on a number of factors to determine the highest probability of completing the room and overall mission successfully. We will be continuing to make changes to improve the AI more in the future.:o

tictrictrac
10-31-2019, 08:58 PM
Alvaro can easily solo loot mission 35 without losing any health points, thanks to Mercenary Instincts and oneshotting enemies. But trying it on auto mode almost got him killed.
Then I did the next playthrough clearing every room in the bottom route including the treasure chest as usual, so the only thing left to do was picking up the mission objective in the last room.
So I hit auto mode just to see what happens... and the AI calculated that the best solution is to go back to the upper path and do some freerunning and fighting with Luisa instead of just picking up the mission objective. :D

gorgonzola65
11-02-2019, 02:44 PM
Auto mode seem to 100% of the time do whatever the worst possible decision would be in every situation. It seems to intentionally kill as many of your heroes as it can. And will not unlock chests even if every hero in the mission has that ability.

Ubi-Bumble
11-04-2019, 02:50 PM
Auto mode seem to 100% of the time do whatever the worst possible decision would be in every situation. It seems to intentionally kill as many of your heroes as it can. And will not unlock chests even if every hero in the mission has that ability.

We understand the Auto Mode is not perfect. Lockpicking chests and disarming traps is something we hope to add to the Auto Mode AI in the future! :o

tictrictrac
11-09-2019, 09:29 PM
Empty room with treasure chest, no enemies, no freerunning, no disarm required, just a treasure chest.
No lockpick in my team (since last patch I prefer bashing chests, it seems to net more gold), so Alvaro with 95% chance would be the obvious choice.
I turn on auto mode to see what happens, aaaaaand the AI calculates that Rosa with 19% chance suits better for that task...

Ima-Smakya
11-10-2019, 09:29 PM
https://i.ibb.co/jJ2SvQb/Screenshot-2019-10-11-10-33-16.png (https://ibb.co/y41rnZd)

I've seen this on auto and while playing, even lockpicking can give partial loot. There are so many things we need more than auto...

Like a store in the extra rooms to buy/sell/trade T5 gems and gear.
And a smelting room to convert low level materials into higher level mats!